Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by floyd1977
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0982.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    P1110114.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1384.jpg
    100_1144.JPG
    100_7693.JPG
    100_7653.JPG
    MataHari_BA_girl2.jpg
    MataHari_BA_girl.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 11 years ago

....and I'm done! It came out amazing! Much thanks to everyone, including PracticalSteve for sending me the link to this thread.....It was pretty exhausting. The last time I had wrist pain over a Playboy was when I was a teenager....

IMG_1252.JPGIMG_1252.JPG

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Can't seem to find 99% alcohol; only 70%... Is that ok?

You have to ask the pharmacist for it, they keep it behind the counter.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

....and I'm done! It came out amazing! Much thanks to everyone, including PracticalSteve for sending me the link to this thread.....It was pretty exhausting. The last time I had wrist pain over a Playboy was when I was a teenager....

Wow, what a nice looking game. Taking your time and being careful pays off.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Came out great! I knew you could do it.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The last time I had wrist pain over a Playboy was when I was a teenager....

also great zinger!

#57 11 years ago

Got to love the M.E.

IMG_0915.JPGIMG_0915.JPG IMG_0912.JPGIMG_0912.JPG P1110114.JPGP1110114.JPG

#58 11 years ago

ME+N2+Carnauba=

IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0983.JPG IMG_0984.JPGIMG_0984.JPG IMG_0982.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

#59 11 years ago

Sweeet. Nice work!

#60 11 years ago

Nice job, t_p_f.

Love that pin.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

also great zinger!

Thank you.... you've been a lovely audience.... kindly tip your waitresses...

#62 11 years ago

Here's a before-and-after in the same picture !

http://i.imgur.com/QgY7l.jpg

#63 11 years ago

How much pressure are you applying with the ME? Also, do you soak the pad, or wring out the excess per the directions on the box?

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

How much pressure are you applying with the ME? Also, do you soak the pad, or wring out the excess per the directions on the box?

I followed the advice of Schertzpinball and cut the magic eraser into a few pieces. Then I put the 91% alcohol in a bowl. I always wrung out the alcohol before using.... you don't want to get the inside wet.

Don't do like I did and test the pressure in the middle of the playfield... find a hidden spot and start there.

#65 11 years ago

It takes some practice. I work the same area a few times. Dip the ME cube in the alcohol about 1/4 of the way in. Using small circles, you will get a yellow "paste" of old wax and alcohol. Wipe up the paste with a rag and dip the cube again. My bowl of alcohol never gets dirty because I don't squeeze any of the old dirt back into the bowl. If you get too much alcohol on the cube, no biggie, just squeeze over the rag. You will get the feel for it as you progress through the cleaning. Repeat the process until there's no more paste. You can feel it when you get up the wax because a lot of the friction goes away, there's no more paste, and your Playfield is shiny again.

#66 11 years ago

I followed the advice given here and good results last night on my BoP. I cut the ME into cubes and just covered the mouth of the alcohol bottle (70%) with the ME and tipped it.

I had used ME before on the playfield but removed a little of the artwork and stopped. I made the mistake of making back and forth motions and with water (oops). This time, the ball swirls came up easily and without further damaging the artwork.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-eraser-success-pictures/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.