• 44 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Mafia Team Pinball, 2018

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

38BC6EE8-C634-4029-A15A-0CA673CD06A3 (resized).jpeg
D050EC95-2685-4842-B0DB-C298F2F51CAB (resized).jpeg
4E8966EF-EAAC-4928-BB90-85D59833931F (resized).jpeg
88D8F4F9-EAF7-4657-B100-D092D1E60CAE (resized).jpeg
C4BEBF6E-658D-4350-BB62-7FB86251FA05 (resized).jpeg
CB36D871-E6B3-4728-8142-3391AEFE2539 (resized).jpeg
2BBDCF6E-12A4-435E-984E-0DCCAEEE3E15 (resized).jpeg
4A1DF571-5E60-4D00-A438-D908331F5420 (resized).jpeg
785E9A7E-A25C-4F59-924B-80FCFF5341C2 (resized).jpeg
1E53B7F8-6C97-41DF-BA0E-A98FABDD8497 (resized).jpeg
164A54B0-C22C-4C16-B256-0738D16C1805 (resized).jpeg
98026DD4-D713-4FB8-932E-B864C81520B5 (resized).jpeg
5D7A320F-502D-46AD-ADCE-A203EEB1979D (resized).jpeg
EA9C200C-CDFF-4711-B08C-3C3F393F4C13 (resized).jpeg
0DDDD2A5-8F17-46AB-B950-2ABB17EED98C (resized).jpeg
B50E3423-F832-4988-9EE1-9FEE0A0887F1 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

The Mafia is HERE !!!

Founder Editions 3, 4, and 5 have arrived in the US...

You can see and play it at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show AND Pinball Expo in Chicago both in October !

Limited to a maximum of 100.

Stay tuned here for more pics / videos...

Want a Mafia ? Contact Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com.

0DDDD2A5-8F17-46AB-B950-2ABB17EED98C (resized).jpeg164A54B0-C22C-4C16-B256-0738D16C1805 (resized).jpeg1DE05220-48E1-4B7B-B94D-F177CEB26A14 (resized).jpeg1E53B7F8-6C97-41DF-BA0E-A98FABDD8497 (resized).jpeg2BBDCF6E-12A4-435E-984E-0DCCAEEE3E15 (resized).jpeg38BC6EE8-C634-4029-A15A-0CA673CD06A3 (resized).jpeg4A1DF571-5E60-4D00-A438-D908331F5420 (resized).jpeg4D49E584-74D6-4A5B-ACAD-80404972856B (resized).jpeg4E8966EF-EAAC-4928-BB90-85D59833931F (resized).jpeg5D7A320F-502D-46AD-ADCE-A203EEB1979D (resized).jpeg785E9A7E-A25C-4F59-924B-80FCFF5341C2 (resized).jpeg88D8F4F9-EAF7-4657-B100-D092D1E60CAE (resized).jpeg98026DD4-D713-4FB8-932E-B864C81520B5 (resized).jpegA95224F4-8435-40BA-B0F8-E8BD5C691A7E (resized).jpegB50E3423-F832-4988-9EE1-9FEE0A0887F1 (resized).jpegBD79B78E-B342-4C90-801A-EF356650AA08 (resized).jpegC4BEBF6E-658D-4350-BB62-7FB86251FA05 (resized).jpegCB36D871-E6B3-4728-8142-3391AEFE2539 (resized).jpegD050EC95-2685-4842-B0DB-C298F2F51CAB (resized).jpegE4688B97-5B60-432C-B577-0736EAD920F5 (resized).jpegEA9C200C-CDFF-4711-B08C-3C3F393F4C13 (resized).jpeg
#2 6 months ago

They announced, then shipped....gotta give them that!

#3 6 months ago

I see the limited stuff coming like one of the 10th. Wow. I guess that’s how the business is like nowdays and how you create the need for things which may be not that great with crazy price with a raspery py at 30 dollars.
I respect new idea and new pin, moreover from small company but where is the magic here?
The pin look childish: in fact now the pin are so more in house than bars than it’s obvious with this one.
No real risk taken here: no mechanical engineering
No toy whatsover.
No ramp. Feel empty.
Too bad...
After we still can criticize other company with fiasco but a lot of inovations design was still the goal.
This pin feel cheap and is crazy expensive with no reason but to give a chance for another pin but who cares if the first one is lame.

thanks for sharing those pictures. Alien on the other side was something...

#4 6 months ago

how much is it?

#5 6 months ago

I thought the box was gonna have a revolver inside.

#6 6 months ago

7500 dol

#7 6 months ago

If you want to save money for so much useless complicated process then use decals, playfield protector reverse printed with white wood instead of stupid playfield, use plastic when you can instead of solid metal, don’t make ramps and scoop and toys (useless) and use the cheapest and less powerfull system: the rapsery py because at the end who cares, don’t spend too much time in testing with new mecanics...

Then you’re ready to reinvent the new Wall Mart pinball but... wait ... stick it a collector decal, say it’s limited and put a price for the richest of us (who own at least 10 pins with a lot unplayed) and there we go: you’re now one legitimate actor of this industry.

Not that bad.

#8 6 months ago

The PF reminds me of Breakshot

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

They announced, then shipped....gotta give them that!

Agree...pretty quick. I wish them the best of luck. Can't wait to play it.

#10 6 months ago

Kudos for getting this done but the price point for what you actually get is out to lunch.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The PF reminds me of Breakshot

It's even more EM like than Breakshot, IMHO. That little shot on the left you can't really shoot on purpose because it's surrounded by rubber. The target in the pops you can only hit at random.

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

If you want to save money for so much useless complicated process then use decals, playfield protector reverse printed with white wood instead of stupid playfield, use plastic when you can instead of solid metal, don’t make ramps and scoop and toys (useless) and use the cheapest and less powerfull system: the rapsery py because at the end who cares, don’t spend too much time in testing with new mecanics...
Then you’re ready to reinvent the new Wall Mart pinball but... wait ... stick it a collector decal, say it’s limited and put a price for the richest of us (who own at at least 10 pins with a lot unplayed) and there we go: you’re now one legitimate actor of this industry.
Not that bad.

Shit you summed up perfectly in the most sarcastic of manner my exact thoughts. There needs a player in the mid range market.

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Shit you summed up perfectly in the most sarcastic of manner my exact thoughts. There needs a player in the mid range market.

Where is the money? If it was a 2000 $pin then ok but for this price they want what do you buy?
Led, lcd, playfield protector, one speaker,cheap printed plastic, raspberry pi..? 7500$, Seriously? Now some people will say it’s fun. Same as supreme pinball.
Yes it could be fun. Same as your old 300 $ old school EM but this one is art and was engineered.
At least for 5000$ you could get a pro at Stern and a much better product but not limited.

If we want to give money to a cause: let’s give money to charity and let’s stop wasting that much money for those kind of things. (Supreme included)

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Then you’re ready to reinvent the new Wall Mart pinball but... wait ... stick it a collector decal, say it’s limited and put a price for the richest of us (who own at least 10 pins with a lot unplayed) and there we go: you’re now one legitimate actor of this industry.
Not that bad.

Holy Moley. I have read this post 5 times and I still don’t understand what you mean.

#15 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

The pin look childish:
No toy whatsover.

lol

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy Moley. I have read this post 5 times and I still don’t understand what you mean.

Lol you said what I was thinking.... you made my Tuesday.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well English is not his primary language but I understood his point. "Leave out ALL the other features from other companies but price it even higher than a Stern".

As he put it... there may be a market for simple old-style machines but I would think it would have to be priced at less than half of what they are asking. Economy of scale may prevent them from doing that...sadly.

#18 6 months ago

Better grab 1 of the 10, by the looks of this game they are not gonna be around for a 2nd. Has anyone sent this company a video of TNA for 1500$ less?
Was it manufactured by Zizzle?

#19 6 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well English is not his primary language but I understood his point. "Leave out ALL the other features from other companies but price it even higher than a Stern".
As he put it... there may be a market for simple old-style machines but I would think it would have to be priced at less than half of what they are asking. Economy of scale may prevent them from doing that...sadly.

Now that makes sense. For me I like the theme, the attention to detail, and a simple yet fun looking pin. Where I see the major fail is (as mentioned) the money grab to claim it as Limited Addition to draw in high dollar bidders when the limited addition is more the capacity of this start up company to make more than 100? This pin would have done Very well if priced between a Zizzle and a Stern home version. Say 3500 ish. Looking at the underside and inside there is No Way more than that in this machine. If it was priced correctly this could really have been a fun looking pin and a good entry for them in the market.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now that makes sense. For me I like the theme, the attention to detail, and a simple yet fun looking pin. Where I see the major fail is (as mentioned) the money grab to claim it as Limited Addition to draw in high dollar bidders when the limited addition is more the capacity of this start up company to make more than 100? This pin would have done Very well if priced between a Zizzle and a Stern home version. Say 3500 ish. Looking at the underside and inside there is No Way more than that in this machine. If it was priced correctly this could really have been a fun looking pin and a good entry for them in the market.

But as always, greed prevails and another company bites the dust

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

But as always, greed prevails

greed? Even if you call this overpriced and assume ALL of the price that you're unhappy about is pure "greedy" profit... by how much? $3k? so... $3k x 10 = $30 grand for 3 people's year of effort. Those greedy bastards.

#22 6 months ago

Yes. It was on purpose. I though the idea funny.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Reread 6th time maybe, it might be the one.

#23 6 months ago

I'm excited to see how the game plays. I will not make a judgement on this game until I get an opportunity to flip this game.

I think this is a good effort and certainly something to build on. I hope this is Team Pinball putting their toes into the water. Hopefully they will learn from this experience and build on it for future endeavors.

Good luck and I hope to be a buyer of one. If I like it. I'll buy it.

#24 6 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yes. Used to live in Detroit but that time is behind me. Just giving tips for any new pinball company to build cheap games like this one. So i was being sarcastic but who cares.

#25 6 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well I apologize if there was any offense, I didn’t mean anything about primary language, just that literally I did not understand the point. Neem me niet kwalijk!

#26 6 months ago

For $7.5k I can get an AFMr, any Stern Premium, a Houdini, Alice Cooper, TNA, a nice used example of just about any machine...
or I could get a Mafia.

Hmm...let me think about that.

Of course, I can make a similar value argument for many of the recent games. Clearly, there are those who think differently and don't care as much about cost if a game is fun.

#27 6 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

greed? Even if you call this overpriced and assume ALL of the price that you're unhappy about is pure "greedy" profit... by how much? $3k? so... $3k x 10 = $30 grand for 3 people's year of effort. Those greedy bastards.

They made 100 so it’s 300k not 30.

#28 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did they make 100 already?

#29 6 months ago

Wow. Tough room Joe.
GLWS

#30 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well I apologize if there was any offense, I didn’t mean anything about primary language, just that literally I did not understand the point. Neem me niet kwalijk!

Alles is hier OK mijn vriend.

Ok I may have mucked that up a bit ...but you get the sentiment

#31 6 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Did they make 100 already?

Honestly no clue how many they made just stating that at 7,500 ea they would make more then 30k. That would be a crazy investment.

#32 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Between 3 people. And that’s not all profit of course. At 100 games they aren’t getting much of a price break on parts.

#33 6 months ago

Looks to be simple fun, just like WNBJM. I wouldn't mind a flip on this one.
The geometry looks great so it might surprise a few.
Look forward to a review done proper.

#34 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Where is the money? If it was a 2000 $pin then ok but for this price they want what do you buy?
Led, lcd, playfield protector, one speaker,cheap printed plastic, raspberry pi..? 7500$, Seriously? Now some people will say it’s fun. Same as supreme pinball.
Yes it could be fun. Same as your old 300 $ old school EM but this one is art and was engineered.
At least for 5000$ you could get a pro at Stern and a much better product but not limited.
If we want to give money to a cause: let’s give money to charity and let’s stop wasting that much money for those kind of things. (Supreme included)

Who forces you to buy?

I found the price too much expensive too and don’t care about this era machine. However I don’t bash this one and this new team will see if they could meet success with it. The market is king.

#35 6 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

For $7.5k I can get an AFMr, any Stern Premium, a Houdini, Alice Cooper, TNA, a nice used example of just about any machine...
or I could get a Mafia.
Hmm...let me think about that.
Of course, I can make a similar value argument for many of the recent games. Clearly, there are those who think differently and don't care as much about cost if a game is fun.

How much for whoa Nellie ?

#36 6 months ago

They made 10 and are hoping to sell 100. If they sell 10 they have seed money to make more.
I get it. Its expensive to make a game, I know. They didn't want to take the risk so making 10 is a small risk. Make 100 and you just incurrent ALOT of debt. This is a nice effort, I wish them luck. If collectors want something rare and the game is fun, they'll go for it.

Quoted from Yelobird:

#37 6 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Who forces you to buy?
I found the price too much expensive too and don’t care about this era machine. However I don’t bash this one and this new team will see if they could meet success with it. The market is king.

If you're not interrested in this area new pins, what are you doing here either? you read other comments?
you know, it's funny because there is no offense anywhere, just facts and a price and an existing pin. Yes It's new, yes it's a new company, yes they look adorable. I'm just giving my opinion also because I'm interrested in new pins so if you're one way only, maybe you should go live in North Korea maybe, you'll be happy there.

Anyway you're right on the market. But sometimes, it would be great that new ideas, inovations could drive it? no? There are crazy number of inhouse P-ROC pins with crazy great ideas to get excited about but unfortunatly, not produced like this one does.

#38 6 months ago

Any gameplay video? (Not the promo stuff)

#39 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

If you're not interrested in this area new pins, what are you doing here either? you read other comments?
you know, it's funny because there is no offense anywhere, just facts and a price and an existing pin. Yes It's new, yes it's a new company, yes they look adorable. I'm just giving my opinion also because I'm interrested in new pins so if you're one way only, maybe you should go live in North Korea maybe, you'll be happy there.
Anyway you're right on the market. But sometimes, it would be great that new ideas, inovations could drive it? no? There are crazy number of inhouse P-ROC pins with crazy great ideas to get excited about but unfortunatly, not produced like this one does.

You don’t seem to be a buyer coz of price so what are you doing here too? So It is a forum and i know Romain that is also posting on flipjuke.
Of course you have an opinion and can tell us your thoughts but I don’t really understand the price bashing on a game.
You find it is ridiculously expensive, Right? Believe me, you will see soon what is really a ridiculously expensive price...

#40 6 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They made 10 and are hoping to sell 100. If they sell 10 they have seed money to make more.
I get it. Its expensive to make a game, I know. They didn't want to take the risk so making 10 is a small risk. Make 100 and you just incurrent ALOT of debt. This is a nice effort, I wish them luck. If collectors want something rare and the game is fun, they'll go for it.

While the pricing is incorrect vs product, Kudos for actually taking the risk and making a product to TRY to sell and not asking for upfront cashish like the other Boneheads ( Looking at you Kulek and Heighway!)

#41 6 months ago

You don’t seem to be a buyer coz of price so what are you doing here too?

??? Ok... let’s move on.

#42 6 months ago

You don’t seem to be a buyer coz of price so what are you doing here too? So It is a forum and i know Romain that is also posting on flipjuke.
Of course you have an opinion and can tell us your thoughts but I don’t really understand the price bashing on a game.
You find it is ridiculously expensive, Right? Believe me, you will see soon what is really a ridiculously expensive price...

You should check this forum: seems other people share the same thoughs with valid arguments:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-pinball-mafia-just-revealed

I didn’t noticed this. I’m done here.
I should try to buy the supreme instead.

#43 6 months ago

It is really expensive, there is not much to argue on that. There are some reasons for the price, small batch, small team, careful work, but it's still a really expensive pinball machine.

It doesn't have a multiball, and that to me is an instant turndown. Pinball is a passion but it's also a business, there's supply, demand, and a very wide offer in that price range.

So as much as I encourage new pinball manufacturers, there are some baseline market realities that can't be ignored.

#44 6 months ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Wow. Tough room Joe.
GLWS

Yes it is.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside