image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do it IM is the perfect location/tournament game!

If I had the $$$ on hand I would have bought an IMVE just to pur at Pooleys!

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Elvis and Lotr can take awhile.

The Elvis I owned played fast and had short ball times. If you open up the outlanes it can be a brutal game!-the main playfield is basically an ACDC clone. I wouldn't mind an Elvis at Pooley's.

#153 9 years ago

Where would you be getting the Elvis from, hilton?

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Where would you be getting the Elvis from, hilton?

I am not sure if that is pubically available information currently???

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure if that is pubically available information currently???

I hope I'm not trying to buy it right now. Wouldn't want to step on your toes

#156 9 years ago

I regularly drive from Indianapolis to Minneapolis for work and always stay a night in Madison near Pooley's ever since pinball was on the menu (Easy to get back on the interstate from the Hotel's and can walk from Pooley's after a few drinks). If a non-local vote would count, a LOTR on location would be fantastic and its hard to go wrong with Getaway.

#157 9 years ago

all votes are appreciated!

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I hope I'm not trying to buy it right now. Wouldn't want to step on your toes

no worries. I think this is a different one anyway, but I say go for it!

Elvis is a fun game (even through it is a roller games right flipper mag rip-off )

#159 9 years ago

After putting most of the 17 games on Elvis at Chris's smoking lounge I can say with confidence, Fuck Elvis. Hate the theme, dislike the game. I vote anything but Elvis. LOTR would definitely get more money from me than anything else though.

#160 9 years ago

Hilton/Dave

Off topic here a little, but i have an elvis or two in the warehouse right now if your leads don't pan out.

#161 9 years ago

Sounds like Getaway may be getting the nod from Mark???

Hope to either have FH back alive or something switched in over the next few days. Sorry for the currently 1 dead game.

Still 3 good playing ones and they all got a good cleaning and wax on Monday night.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Still 3 good playing ones and they all got a good cleaning and wax on Monday night.

Good news for my trip on the last week of July.

#163 9 years ago

Going to try and get Rudy back on his feet this week. If we need to put him down, probably will get HSII in there.

Thanks for all who support this location.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

Good news for my trip on the last week of July.

There will be 4 up and running well before then, this weekend at latest.

We typically address major malfunctions as soon as we know about them. In this instance it is just bad timing for us with overlapping schedules and vacation combined with a game going down harder than we have had happen thus far.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Hilton/Dave
Off topic here a little, but i have an elvis or two in the warehouse right now if your leads don't pan out.

Thanks. My lead is solid and priced fairly. Will either buy this one or not get one at all.

Quoted from PinballKen:

After putting most of the 17 games on Elvis at Chris's smoking lounge I can say with confidence, Fuck Elvis. Hate the theme, dislike the game. I vote anything but Elvis. LOTR would definitely get more money from me than anything else though.

When are you putting that Elvis in, hilton?

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There will be 4 up and running well before then, this weekend at latest.
We typically address major malfunctions as soon as we know about them. In this instance it is just bad timing for us with overlapping schedules and vacation combined with a game going down harder than we have had happen thus far.

I didn't mean that I was upset that there may be 1 less machine, I was stoked because nothing beats a freshly cleaned and waxed machine.

#167 9 years ago

Just wanted to update that FunHouse is back alive. All are welcome to stop over to have Rudy kick them in the junk.

1 week later
#168 9 years ago

All games are playing 100% as of Saturday. We went in to pull and "permenantly" fix the trough on STpro.

All lights and switches were 100% on everything.

Go get your games in now as line up will likely be changing up in the near future. Not sure what just yet, but next week marks 4 months since we started which means it is about time to start the rotation process. The plan is to start rotating 1 game every 2-3 months going forward. Our hopes are that this provides a reasonable diversity to keep it fresh while alos providing enough time to let people get comfortable on each game over a bit of time.

#169 9 years ago

SS will be getting pulled in the next week or 2.

Dave B is open to selling it so contact him if you are insterested. I am sure he would rather sell than take it home and sell it later.

I am not sure exactly what will be replacing it at this point.

#170 9 years ago

My Nephew jumped right on Hilton's Adams Family today........those are some fine tuned machines I tell ya!

20140730_152113.jpg20140730_152113.jpg
#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

My Nephew jumped right on Hilton's Adams Family today........those are some fine tuned machines I tell ya!

20140730_152113.jpg 196 KB

Thanks. We really try our best to provide a good location experience.

side note >> It sounds like roller games will be going in to replace Space Shuttle. My plan is to bring RG on August 13th so we have 5 games for the monthly event. SS will leave following competition on the 13th.

#172 9 years ago

Also,

RG has been fully torn down, all flippers rebuilt and upgraded springs, LEDs throughout, shopped 100%, all mechs rebuils with fresh parts, NVRAM installed, and plan to put in LED displays to help even more with heat (location play means games on all day).

I try my darndest to bullet proof prior to going out on location, but as always there will be issues. Please keep me informed when you play. I am a little nervous to bring it out on the 13th since I leave for PAPA on the following morning, but hopefully no big issues at least for that first weekend

1 week later
#173 9 years ago

Reminder that this Wed is the monthly at Pooley's

5 games in the line up for this month!

#174 9 years ago

Rollergames is IN. Shuttle stays till Wed after tourney.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rollergames is IN. Shuttle stays till Wed after tourney.

must resist urge to jump in car...

#176 9 years ago

LOL. Do it!

Let me know if any issues. It seems a gaming going out in route will bring out any issues I did not see at home pretty quickly.

You should come out on Wed for the monthly.

#177 9 years ago

hope to see some smiling faces in a few hours at the monthly

#178 9 years ago

results from last weeks event finally submitted. Sorry for the delay but I was MIA at PAPA.

#179 9 years ago

Sean remade the crappy Stern connectors on STpro trough last night. Hopefully this resolves any intermittent trough issues peoepl were having.

I am dropping a new upper flipper coil in RG later this week >> game is still functioning fine but I want more/upgraded power for that upper flipper shot.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sean remade the crappy Stern connectors on STpro trough last night. Hopefully this resolves any intermittent trough issues peoepl were having.
I am dropping a new upper flipper coil in RG later this week >> game is still functioning fine but I want more/upgraded power for that upper flipper shot.

Make sure you put washers behind the drop target black holder if the drop target goes crazy. That was the problem I had with mine at the tourney.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Make sure you put washers behind the drop target black holder if the drop target goes crazy. That was the problem I had with mine at the tourney.

thanks for the tip. I am not sure I exactly understand. Maybe you can show me/Sean when you are down for MRP?

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Make sure you put washers behind the drop target black holder if the drop target goes crazy.

Thanks, Tom. The target has been just fine (knock on wood) but if it does start to act up I'll definitely keep this in mind! After completely replacing all the RHOS solder on the opto board connector pins, zip tying the connectors and still having intermittent problems I just replaced those crappy things with locking connectors and trifurcon pins. They are now tightly in place whereas before they would just slop around. I was also happy to read that Stern has finally addressed this flaw starting with IMVE.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks for the tip. I am not sure I exactly understand. Maybe you can show me/Sean when you are down for MRP?

Here is the service bulletin for WPT that shows what I mean: http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

Basically the lip is so thin that the drop target slips. My game kept resetting it trying to fix the issue. It would then launch the ball in the shooter lane as it thought gameplay had been started.

#184 9 years ago

Thanks TOM!!!

Odd that the games are programmed liek that and get confused witht he down target. Simple enough fix though.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks TOM!!!
Odd that the games are programmed liek that and get confused witht he down target. Simple enough fix though.

No problem. It's hard to believe Mad Rollin is only a few weeks away. Looking forward to it.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Thanks, Tom. The target has been just fine (knock on wood) but if it does start to act up I'll definitely keep this in mind! After completely replacing all the RHOS solder on the opto board connector pins, zip tying the connectors and still having intermittent problems I just replaced those crappy things with locking connectors and trifurcon pins. They are now tightly in place whereas before they would just slop around. I was also happy to read that Stern has finally addressed this flaw starting with IMVE.

I have a similar problem with my settings button on Family Guy.
What you did should hold up well.

#187 9 years ago

Put a new coil in upper right flipper of RG tonight. Much better and wall shot is nice and smooth when hit clean.

1 week later
#188 9 years ago

New code updates to STpro.

v1.50

Have fun!

1 week later
#189 9 years ago

I had a few people ask...

YES, we are having the monthly event this week! (MRP has no impact on our monthly).

If you want the perfect warm up for MRP then come on out this WED.

Hope to see you there!

#190 9 years ago

Tonight is the last monthly for FH. It leaves on Thursday and something new is coming in place shortly.

1 week later
#191 9 years ago

WCS is now officially in the line up.

Currently on .50 per play as an introductory rate but that will be changing to our standard of
.75/play or $2/3 plays for clean DMD
soon.

#192 9 years ago

I had fun with ST and TAF...

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I had fun with ST and TAF...
» YouTube video

Hope you enjoyed them all! Thanks for stopping in.

I love the clear rings. I am not really a fan of the superbands but they are nice for maintenance on route and the white looks pretty tits IMHO.

#194 9 years ago

Great playing WCS. Wish there were more locations out there that had quality and well maintained pins. Thanks again guys for doing this.

1 week later
#195 9 years ago
Quoted from adaman25:

Great playing WCS. Wish there were more locations out there that had quality and well maintained pins. Thanks again guys for doing this.

Thanks for your support!!!!

the only way we can keep doing this is by peoplelike you supporting by playing!

#196 9 years ago

If you have not done so, better stop out and get some practice on the new games so you are ready for the monthly next week. It comes early this month since the second Wed is the 8th.

Hope to see some more new faces this month.

1 week later
#197 9 years ago

WenDEsDay WEDnesDAY WEDNESDAY.

Today is the day! Hope to see many of you at the monthly tonight. Things are pretty close for the yearly champion (still working on a cool trophy to stay at Pooley's and have each annual winners name added to it). I need to compile all the other monthlies but looks like it will definately come down to the wire.

Current line up:
TAF, RG, STpro, and WCS

#198 9 years ago

submitted Oct monthly to IFPA

#199 9 years ago

New Madison Pinball west side location - Schwoegler's

I wanted to let everyone know that Madison Pinball is pushing forward with our goal of making good playing machines more accessible in the Madison area.

We have locked in an agreement to have 4 great playing machines on the west side at Schwoeglers >>> 444 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI 53719

We will be hosting monthly tournaments to be held on a Saturday night. First event will be on Nov 22; 6pm start (sign in by 5:55). Future events will be the 3rd Saturday of EVERY month. Posting to IFPA soon.

This is a family friendly location but also serves adult beverages and should be a great west side location to play pinball. It has nice room and sound level to accommodate an enjoyable pinball experience.
We are VERY excited and looking forward to making good playing machines more accessible. One day at a time and one good playing game at a time we can help bring location pinball back to life.

I also want to say a huge thanks to everyone that has supported our efforts at the Pooley's location over the past 6 months by dropping in quarters, buying food/beverages from the bar, and coming out for monthly competition.

Hope to see lots of regulars and new smiling faces at both locations. I can now say that Madison Pinball is on the map!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 22.50
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/madison-pinball-new-location-to-play-in-madtown-wi/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.