image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 9 years ago

don-t-be-a-square-o.gifdon-t-be-a-square-o.gif

#102 9 years ago

great turn out last night! Thanks to all that showed up for monthly tourney. Great to see familiar faces and SO many new faces!

#103 9 years ago

Stopped out to make a few adjustments.

Also since nobody has been able to touch the leaderboard on TAF besides Tim E. and KOI, I reset it so some of the regulars can get on the board.

We are thinking of doing a TOPs tourney on STpro at some point soon. thoughts?

#104 9 years ago

Results from last night reported to IFPA. Should be up in a few days.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Results from last night reported to IFPA. Should be up in a few days.

Results are now up on IFPA

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=1358#results

#106 9 years ago

Stopped out over lunch to fix a few small issues.

Looks like nobody has gotten GC on TAF since I reset high scores.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stopped out over lunch to fix a few small issues.
Looks like nobody has gotten GC on TAF since I reset high scores.

Didn't make it out today, but I'll pop in tomorrow or Friday to take a shot at it. Need my Addams fix!

#108 9 years ago

Me and Heck put a few games on Star Trek last night. Played really nice and we even got a couple matches while there. Another guy was playing TAF the whole time we were there, so the games were seeing some action. Really nice setup for the pins. Would highly recommend checking it out for any pinheads that find themselves in the area.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Me and Heck put a few games on Star Trek last night. Played really nice and we even got a couple matches while there. Another guy was playing TAF the whole time we were there, so the games were seeing some action. Really nice setup for the pins. Would highly recommend checking it out for any pinheads that find themselves in the area.

Now we just need Ben to let us put an AMH out there!

Let me know if you are interested in this Ben. Maybe we can work something out?

#110 9 years ago

Don't have any AMH to spare

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Holy crap. A Jones sighting?!!?!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Holy crap. A Jones sighting?!!?!

almost as funny as you having only 4 games in your collection... hahaha

I was beginning to think Jones was eaten by the WOZ haters monster.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was beginning to think Jones was eaten by the WOZ haters monster.

To be fair, that is how many fully working games he has in his lineup....

#114 9 years ago

ouch. He better get to work before he hosts league

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Changed it when I had a game or 2 for trade / sell. Everyone wanted my other (broke) games.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To be fair, that is how many fully working games he has in his lineup....

I seriously hate you. Call me. I miss your musk.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

I seriously hate you. Call me. I miss your musk

Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while....

#117 9 years ago

image-491.jpgimage-491.jpg

#118 9 years ago

Like seeing kids playing on location!

1 week later
#119 9 years ago

Reminder > This Wednesday is the 3rd monthly event.

Maybe we can beat last months crowd? I am working on the annual trophy and still trying to get the bar to cough up a little cash to offset the costs.

I am hoping to get some of the local breweries to kick in a few prizes for upcoming months. If anyone has any connections, more prizes are always welcome.

#120 9 years ago

I can not wait to play all four pins when I'm in Madison next week!!!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from mtkinf:

I can not wait to play all four pins when I'm in Madison next week!!!

When will you be in town? Maybe I can swing over or if the home game room is back together you can stop by afterwards if time allows. Any guy that owns a Hollywood heat must be alright...

#122 9 years ago

Will be the last one I can attend for a while due to schedule changing again.

Looking forward to it though. Anyone from Milwaukee area want to swing by and pick me up on the way? I'll buy if you fly.

#123 9 years ago

heading over to practice a little tonight and have a few monday beers. stop on over

#124 9 years ago

everything playing well. I left some free credits on a few games.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I left some free credits on a few games.

Leaving work now!!!!

#126 9 years ago

a few small tweaks in the monthly format > sign in by 6:25, playoff order based on seeding and not selected (feedback from those in attendance to make this change), clarification of final order when losing the first playoff (based on finishing position if no time for losers playoff), and added that annual tropy is in the works.

Hope to see yall on Wed!

"Pooley’s Monthly Pinball Tournament
Held the second Wednesday of every month.
Start time: 6:30pm but come early and warm up. (Must be signed in by 6:25)
Cost: Just the cost to play the games, no entry fee
Prizes: IFPA points for all, Prizes for each month (either random draw or based on finishing position), and End of year prize for most accumulated points during the year (working on an annual trophy now).
Qualifying Format: Play in random 4 packs (so you meet new people and can learn from watching others) 1 time through all available games. This will likely take 60-90 minutes. All scores are recorded and ranked from top to bottom on each game. Combined ranking points on all 4 games used to seed players for playoff.

Playoffs on 1 game to be chosen by top player in each 4 pack. Order of play based on seeding order > go in direct order (qualify 1st and you play first). Four packs are based on direct order of qualifying position >>> 1-4 play together, 5-8 play together, 9-12 play together, 13-16 play together, etc...

First playoff game is all 4 people in the 4-pack with top 2 continuing on. Second game (on the same machine) is top 2 playing off for final positions. If time allows the bottom 2 may compete in a second game for final position (i.e. 3rd or 4th, 7th or 8th, etc). If no time, then bottom 2 of each 4-pack finish based on placement of 1st playoff game.
This playoff structure means you are only able to reshuffle final placement based on the qualifying 4 pack you are in. For example if you are 3rd place in qualifying you will playoff in the 1-4 grouping and you can finish in 1st to 4th place.

This format rewards consistent play on all available games, and requires effort to be placed on qualifying as well as playoffs. This also provides the opportunity for similar skill based competition during playoffs.
For additional details, visit www.madisonpinball.com

Dates:
Apr 9
May 14
June 11
July 9
Aug 13
Sept 10
Oct 8
Nov 12
Dec 10
"

#127 9 years ago

additional note: depending on total number in attendance on any given month, qualifying round may be limited to top X (16?) number. We may also turn off EBs on TAF and Stpro to help keep ball times slightly shorter?

I would like to keep total time down to 3-3.5 hours in total since this a weekday thing. I have been told to expect our biggest crowd yet (a good thing) which means we may need to make some changes on the fly to overall format.

Everyone will always get to play in qualifying, but playoffs may get cut back on any given night based on total attendnace. Thansk for your understanding.

#129 9 years ago

Wish you were open a year ago.. I was there and there was a decent arcade on one side of town that had some good pinball but besides that I had to go to a few different places to get my pinball fix.

Now you just need to expand and grow that collection to 10 or more pins....

#130 9 years ago

But that's one thing I love about the bar tourneys, extra balls. I can see limiting Addams to one, but ST I only get an extra ball once in ~7 games. I understand time limits, and tourney rules, but on small nights can we play extra balls?

#131 9 years ago

Yes, EBs being on/off is just a matter of # of people that show up. More than 24 peoepl and we should probably turn off TAF and ST EBs. <24 and we can likely leave them on.

TAF is the longest gametime so they likely need to be turned off no matter what (based on past 2 months). I agree that ST probably does not matter as much as game times are shorter and EBs are tougher to get on this one.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Now you just need to expand and grow that collection to 10 or more pins....

baby steps, but just getting up to 6 would be a huge improvement for our area.

I woudl love to get to 10 total and think it is feasible if peoepl keep supporting by buying beer and food. At this point it is really a matter of convincing the location that this makes them money and that more pins = more people on a regular basis. I personally think 10 pins would make it a destination and peopel may come play more often/ for longer >> = more food sales and beer sales.

#133 9 years ago

Thanks to all those that came out last night!

Amazed that we had 30 people in attendance and happy to see that the few small tweaks helped to keep things running smoothly. Sorry about funhouse issue (don't worry Mark, nothing big) for those impacted but glad we got it back up and running pretty quick.

edit> after reading Mike POV, he is right. Better to make other adjustments to speed up games rather than limit # that can play

thanks again for coming out and being a fun crew.

#134 9 years ago

Thanks to you and Heidi for running the tourney last night! I thought it ran pretty smoothly and I had a great time both playing and chatting with friends.

As far as limiting to 32 people, I think that would be a bad idea. A lot of the competitors travel from distances as far as Milwaukee and I would hate to see them be turned down from playing pinball after planning their night around a great event like this. I would much rather wait the extra time and have the event run a little bit longer to allow everyone to get their 4 qualifying games in. If someone gets turned down from playing it will discourage them from attending in the future. I'm sure Pooley's wouldn't mind if the tourney brought in more than 32 players as well

#135 9 years ago

June results have been sent to IFPA. Still amazed to have had 30 people show up!!!

Glad we are getting into the swing of things after a few months and getting the bugs worked out.

#136 9 years ago

30 people? Wow - great turnout. I gotta find a way to get there one of these months.

#137 9 years ago

I finally looked at a map and realized that Pooley's is on the northeast side, only 1.5 hours away from me (at the speed limit, ha!) straight down 151, so I'll have to go check it out sometime. I'll bring along anyone else from the Fox Valley who wants to go. Maybe for the tourney!

Went farther for league yesterday (and should have stayed home, 80% of my average would have been a big improvement).

#138 9 years ago

Yeah, Pooley's is very easy on/off from the interstate on eastside of Madison. Would really enjoy seeing some of you Fox Cites crew down here for a Wed evening event or just to hang.

We also have the big charity event at Pooleys (in the gym) each year, Mad Rollin Pinball. We are still taking names on the wait-list for now and I am still expecting a few more team slots to open up. www.madisonpinball.com for details

#139 9 years ago

GeneO and I are heading over around 6pm for a few beers and a few games if anyone is interested in joining us...

2 weeks later
#140 9 years ago

Next monthly event is tomorrow.

Hope to see a few more new faces to join in on the fun with the regulars.

#141 9 years ago

July results have been submitted to IFPA. Thanks again for all those that attended. 3 new faces and 20 people is pretty amazing for a nice July evening.

#142 9 years ago

FunHouse is potentially down for the count. If not an easy fix then it may be a good opportunity/ timing to swap it out?

Curious what others think/ would like to see in its place for a bit?

Potential options are: LOTR, Getaway, Congo, Nascar, or Elvis

#143 9 years ago

LOTR would probably make the most from the "regular people", but if it is for "us", I'd like to see Congo.

#144 9 years ago

No LOTR unless you want our monthly tournaments to run until 11p.m. every month

I vote for Getaway or Congo.

#145 9 years ago

1) getaway

2) Congo

3) NASCAR

4) Elvis

5) Lord of the Rings (two reasons, 1... i have one at home, and 2... game times can be extremely long)

#146 9 years ago

I should just have my iron man delivered over there.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I should just have my Iron Man delivered over there.

that would be awesome! when does it arrive?

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I should just have my Iron Man delivered over there.

Do it IM is the perfect location/tournament game!

#149 9 years ago

I have no idea on the im. Out of the games you listed, I would vote hs2 as the game is kick ass but can be a ball drainer. Elvis and Lotr can take awhile. Not enough info on Congo for me. NASCAR kinda sucks. Sorry.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

No LOTR unless you want our monthly tournaments to run until 11p.m. every month
I vote for Getaway or Congo.

I think we would need to put LOTR on 2 ball for tourney night, LOL. May also need to only allow You and Tim 1 hand to play it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/madison-pinball-new-location-to-play-in-madtown-wi/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.