image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 10 years ago

Space Shuttle flakey display was fixed today. I also disassembled and reassembled Rudy so he is more willing to let you stich your balls in his mouth.

Please message me personally or contact me via the phone number, email, or QRcode on the cards when you notice issues. We will do our best to address ASAP (aside form this weekend when we will be at MGC

#52 10 years ago

I put a couple in there, he's good.

1 week later
#53 10 years ago

A little over 1 week and things seem to be going well. A few small issues (as expected) but more importantly it appears the games are getting some play. Per the owner/bar manager he sees 1 or 2 people that appear to have only come in for the pinball!

If you stop by, please make it a point to let the staff know you are excited to see pins there and hope they bring more I am hoping this takes off enough that they will provide space for a few more. Would be great to have a location with 6-10 pins!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Would be great to have a location with 6-10 pins!

How awesome would a Sharkeys Shootout look in there?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So awesome you would need to stop at TomGWI's to play some pinball after you pick it up.

Great to see a nice location with pinball machines.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

not as good as a re-themed Sharky's shootout!

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not as good as a re-themed Sharky's shootout!

6BFrU.gif6BFrU.gif

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Per the owner/bar manager he sees 1 or 2 people that appear to have only come in for the pinball!

Ha. That was me today. Had an hour to kill and managed to put up the #1 high score on the Star Trek. Someone had left a few credits on it so, I played for a while and left a few more for the next guy.

#59 10 years ago

Was just out doing a quick freshen up on the games and to fix the left outlane guide on TAF as it had been pushed into the pf and was sitting a little low from ball hits.

Everything is flipping well. I left a few credits on the games for whoever drops out.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was just out doing a quick freshen up on the games and to fix the left outlane guide on TAF as it had been pushed into the pf and was sitting a little low from ball hits.
Everything is flipping well. I left a few credits on the games for whoever drops out.

That's NOT how it works!

#61 10 years ago

Just got back from Pooleys - trying to diagnose why Rudy's jaw won't work. Long story - thinking of reaching out to LTG as I'm running out of ideas and patience. Ready to part out FH and call it a day.

Anyway - when my son and I got there around 7:00 - there was a family playing FH and SS. Dad, Mother, and a girl around 3 years old. She was flipping away.

About 40 minutes later, another family came and started playing TAF and SS. Father and Son. Then as we were leaving around 9, the original family came back. So within 2 hours, there were 5 people playing. And it looked like the father and son came there exclusively to play pinball. They played, ate, played, and left.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just got back from Pooleys - trying to diagnose why Rudy's jaw won't work. Long story - thinking of reaching out to LTG as I'm running out of ideas and patience. Ready to part out FH and call it a day.
Anyway - when my son and I got there around 7:00 - there was a family playing FH and SS. Dad, Mother, and a girl around 3 years old. She was flipping away.
About 40 minutes later, another family came and started playing TAF and SS. Father and Son. Then as we were leaving around 9, the original family came back. So within 2 hours, there were 5 people playing. And it looked like the father and son came there exclusively to play pinball. They played, ate, played, and left.

Awesome. Good to see people enjoying the games. Pooley's is an awesome place too. Can't wait for MadRollin

#63 10 years ago

thumbs up for families playing, not for funhouse parting

We'll get Rudy coaxed into letting us all put our balls in his mouth, no need to take the sledgehammer to that creepy SOB just yet.

#64 10 years ago

He is getting power and when I ground the transistor, it moves. So I think it's either a chip issue, a resistor, or a transistor. Brought the small board under the pf back home with me, and will order some of those chips from GPE.

#65 10 years ago

odd. It really seemed like a mechanical issue to me. At least with his mouth open there is little functionality lost while we get it squared away.

I am waiting for my pinballlife order but hope to get rollergames torn down and rebuilt soon. It will be a good backup in case we need to pull out rudy to work on him at home for a week or 2.

#66 10 years ago

I have two other games I could put in at any time - (LOTR, Diner) but I"m stubborn so going to keep going and get this fixed come hell or high water.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

That's NOT how it works!

That is how I like it to work in an ideal situation. Random credits left every so often in the hopes that someone will come in and be pleasantly surprised. Maybe make a new pinhead out of a little kid???

Makes me feel even better if one of the families methos mentioned got them and were stoked.

When I was in the other day playing ST along with Heidi there was a little boy and his sister and they were trying to figure out how each game worked. The first few games they did not even realize where the start button was, but after a few the little girl was using individual flippers and telling her brother how it 'worked'. They had not quite figured it out but it was cool to see them learning and at least thinking about it.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is how I like it to work in an ideal situation.

I was just razzin ya. I'm thankful that you guys put those machines on location. Can't wait to get up there again.

#69 10 years ago

and I am thankful you put coins in them.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and I am thankful you put coins in them.

Not in TAF and ST. I put dollar bills in those!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thumbs up for families playing, not for Funhouse parting
We'll get Rudy coaxed into letting us all put our balls in his mouth, no need to take the sledgehammer to that creepy SOB just yet.

I heard a rumor some guy put FIVE GUYS in his mouth at the food court at MGC.
Can't wait to put some balls in Rudy's mouth.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Watching them play funhouse at pinburgh makes me want to go to pooleys. Hopefully Wednesday!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It will be rather easy now until we exorcise the ghost in the machine.

#74 10 years ago

Gene and I may head over after work on Wednesday to play a few games? He said he needs practice before next months tourney.

#75 10 years ago

Pooley's website says they open at 3P. Have they not updated it?

#76 10 years ago

When they started with Kipp's Kitchen as their food provider they had changed their hours to open at 11am every day (and they were). If they weren't getting the lunch crowd necessary to open up earlier then maybe they just reduced the hours again? I'd give them a call.

#77 10 years ago

I am going to play after work today and will check with them. I will ask them to update their website accordingly.

#78 10 years ago

doh, completely spaced on asking them what their official hours are...

Games were all playing flawlessly yesterday. I managed to have a nice game on STpro and put up 60ish. I think it is the number 2 spot?

I also now have the #2 and #4 on FH. Ian better watch out as I will be knocking off that grand champ spot soon...

#79 10 years ago

I really need to make it out that way to play again soon! How have earnings been the first couple weeks? Is Addams holding its own against Star Trek (despite the .25 price difference per game)?

#80 10 years ago

I am guessing most people play 3 for $2 on both TAF and STpro? We have not done a coin count but needless to say we are not coming out to attend to jammed coin slots because the boxes are full Rob told me some fun stories of the 90s when he was servicing a route and they had to go out twice per week to empty the full coin boxes> WOW!

From glancing in the boxes I think all the games are getting played a similar amount and my best guess is that mainly the local players are the ones coming in along with a handful of more casual players each day.

I am hoping things see an uptick as word spreads among the local players and the monthly event gets off the ground. I would also expect things to be a little slow for the summer months?

A few guys I have not seen before mentioned the idea of holding their own regular 'league night' which I would be all for. I am really enjoying having a new place to play nice games, granted it does feel odd to put money in my own TAF. I spend most of my time on the other 3 since I do not know they full rulesets or best scoring strategy on all of them yet. I spent most of yesterday just drilling down into each seperate mode of ST to the I, II, III level to see if one was more lucrative for points. I am really digging that game.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I spent most of yesterday just drilling down into each seperate mode of ST to the I, II, III level to see if one was more lucrative for points. I am really digging that game.

I am digging that you are digging that game.

#82 10 years ago

It is just plain fun to shoot and hopefully new code will really help to increase the long term fun factor>> I can only assume it will.

Drilling down is way more fun than completing the whole triangle but they need relative rewards for completing 3 deep to match the 3 in a row.

#83 10 years ago

Up at Pooleys supporting my habit and my friends pocket books!

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Up at Pooleys supporting my habit and my friends pocket books!

Play that Funhouse to beat Hilton's high score! - Just don't beat "DAD"s.

#85 10 years ago

Rudy kicked my butt. But a friend of mine is currently kicking Rudy's butt.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Play that Funhouse to beat Hilton's high score! - Just don't beat "DAD"s.

I think i already beat DAD score, but not Ian?

Still waiting to see someone put up a score on TAF.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think i already beat DAD score, but not Ian?
Still waiting to see someone put up a score on TAF.

Thought I had #2 - but if you did - DAMN YOU!

#88 9 years ago

Heading over around 5pm today to play a few games and try for a few high scores if anyone wants to join GeneO and I.

#89 9 years ago

Trip report!
Doing business in Madison, surrounded by Badgers... Gonna put my name on one of these here...nice games, all play well, played each once, now for the hard part...good work gents, Go Huskers!

IMAG3328.jpgIMAG3328.jpg

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Trip report!
Doing business in Madison, surrounded by Badgers... Gonna put my name on one of these here...nice games, all play well, played each once, now for the hard part...good work gents, Go Huskers!

IMAG3328.jpg 182 KB

They all kicked my butt today and I left defeated. I think I played 7 games on STpro, had one 36mil and the other 6 all less than 7 mil. I was just not feeling pinball tonight. Hopefully you fair better.

#91 9 years ago

311 Million on TAF Tuesday. Started Tour the mansion and right away hit the right post of the electric chair to send my last ball down the middle

#92 9 years ago

Nice games, had a good time. Rudy was crabby, and only got a few replays. ST was fast, and I broke 40m twice but a lot of 10m games in there. SS was great, didn't play AF as mines on the rotisserie now and really didn't want to stare at that pf more than I have been.. I reccomend the location folks, great place..

#93 9 years ago

happens to me almost every time Tmac , LOL.

Glad you enjoyed it Zen and thanks for stopping in!

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

311 Million on TAF Tuesday. Started Tour the mansion and right away hit the right post of the electric chair to send my last ball down the middle

that's pretty much standard procedure for me, also.

#95 9 years ago

I wish you guys a lot of luck. This is another reason for me to visit the cute little town of Madison.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

that's pretty much standard procedure for me, also.

I have been known to ocassinally trap a ball and let the mansion time through modes just to get a better sense of accomplishment.

#97 9 years ago

Very nice! I'll be passing through either Madison or Milwaukee this weekend, and may well have to check this out!

#98 9 years ago

Looks like I will be stopping in Monday around 6:00.

#99 9 years ago

Reminder that Next Wednesday, 14 May 6:30pm is teh 2nd monthly event at Pooley's

Stop on out and have some fun while picking up some IFPA points.

#100 9 years ago

Tommorrow at 6:30.

Be there or be square.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/madison-pinball-new-location-to-play-in-madtown-wi/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.