image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 9 years ago

Update: 4 locations now!!! 1 location at Pooley on Eastside. 1 location at Schwoeglers on Westside. New location at Alt Brew on Eastside. and NOW the newest location (Maria's/ Art-In on East washington ave)

Today is the day! We are finally live!

A group of local collectors have been working to bring back location pinball in Madison, WI. Previous to today there were only a few local places to play and most either only have 1 or 2 games, don't serve alcohol, or the games are not playable.

As of today, Madison Pinball LLC is up and running with our 1 and only location at Pooley's. Great food, Great beer, Great times, and now Great Pinball!

Our goal is to keep games playing well (after getting a few bugs worked out on Shuttle ) and be available to fix issues in a reasonable amount of time.

See below for pictures of the games and visit us if you are in the Madison area (at Pooley's 5441 High Crossing Blvd, Madison, WI )

Problems with games can be reported by calling, emailing, or using the QRcode on the backglass which will take you directly to the "Report a Problem" ticket which emails us to let us know of the issue.

Current line up:
Restored TAF
Space Shuttle
Fun House
Star Trek Pro

P4080640.JPGP4080640.JPG

P4080638.JPGP4080638.JPGP4080636.JPGP4080636.JPGP4080635.JPGP4080635.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Gaa! I was in Madison a mile away at Hooters for a beer exactly a week ago. Usually when in town, I stop at Pooley's. Maybe next time.

#3 9 years ago

Congratulations and best wishes !

And Thank You !

LTG : )™

#4 9 years ago

Thanks guys! It means a lot!

Fingers crossed that games will be played, beers/food will be purchased, and good times will be had by many!

We also have a monthly tourney the second Wednesday of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Come early to practice.
Casual format and the only entry fee is quarters. Prizes awarded each month and working on a large prize for the end of the year player with the most cumulative points.

First event is tomorrow!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Awesome, let me know how it goes, maybe Ill throw a game in there if all goes well and they want more.

Madison Pin League should have league night there once in a while....but Id guess you thought of that already.

#6 9 years ago

Looks great! Can't wait to get over there! Who put the ST Pro there?

#7 9 years ago

Thanks Ken!

We have a few bugs to work out on Space Shuttle but everything else is playing nice. Sound was acting odd and being low then high then low and also the player 1 display being slightly flakey when playing but not in attract mode. Game is still playable but we need to get these things figured out to get it up to our standards.

We have a QR code on the cards which people with smartphones shoudl find helpful. Looking forward to hearing some feedback as we go and learn. I am sure the learning curve will be very steep at the beginning.

#8 9 years ago

Congrats! Really hoping to be able to make it to the tourney tomorrow night to check it out!

#9 9 years ago

I hope to stop by the next time I'm visiting folks in Madison. Nice work and good luck!

#10 9 years ago

Congratulations!

Great to see this as a reality. That nook they're in looks like a perfect spot. I'll try to stop by tomorrow night and whenever I'm in the area!

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this - it really is a great spot and after playing all four machines I can say that they are all in great shape and play well. I also know that they will continue to be well maintained and playing great! I unfortunately can't make it to the first tournament tomorrow night but will have a beer in honor of the first of many!

Looking forward to some fun evenings on the east side!

#14 9 years ago

Great to hear! Got my last paycheck in quarters so I am ready!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Great to hear! Got my last paycheck in quarters so I am ready!

So about 3 games of TAF?

#16 9 years ago

4 for a match!

#17 9 years ago

What a great initial lineup of games. Wish I was closer.

#18 9 years ago

Congrats. Wish I was closer. Any leagues in that area?

Definitely do a Tops tourney on ST. Give them a week or two to get a feel for it, then start one.

#19 9 years ago

Looks great. Good luck with this endeavor.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A group of local collectors have been working to bring back location pinball in Madison, WI. Previous to today there were only a few local places to play and most either only have 1 or 2 games, don't serve alcohol, or the games are not playable.
As of today, Madison Pinball LLC is up and running with our 1 and only location at Pooley's. Great food, Great beer, Great times, and now Great Pinball!
Our goal is to keep games playing well (after getting a few bugs worked out on Shuttle ) and be available to fix issues in a reasonable amount of time.
See below for pictures of the games and visit us if you are in the Madison area (at Pooley's 5441 High Crossing Blvd, Madison, WI )
Problems with games can be reported by calling, emailing, or using the QRcode on the backglass which will take you directly to the "Report a Problem" ticket which emails us to let us know of the issue.
Current line up:
Restored TAF
Space Shuttle
Fun House
Star Trek Pro

P4080640.JPG 228 KB

P4080638.JPG 278 KB

P4080636.JPG 270 KB

P4080635.JPG 266 KB

Awesome, I cannot wait to make the road trip and play. I like the qr idea, that is cool and instead of a game sitting unknowingly broken , you have an instant report of it.
Chad

#21 9 years ago

how much per play? Funhouse, in particular. 3 for $1? 5 for $2??

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

how much per play? Funhouse, in particular. 3 for $1? 5 for $2??

All games are currently set at less that the "cost adjusted for inflation price from when they came out"

In other words you will get more for you buck now than you did back in the 90s...

Look forward to your feedback on how they are playing Dave!

#23 9 years ago

Best of luck. I will make a tourney there in the Fall.

#24 9 years ago

Where were you guys 30 years ago when I was a student at UW-Madison?

Good luck with this endeavor!

#25 9 years ago

I was likely in 1st grade at that point and the only pinball I even knew about was in my cousin's basement, LOL.

Stop on by to visit your old haunts~

#26 9 years ago

Nicely done Hilton and conspirators!

#27 9 years ago

Thanks for Hilton for pulling this off - I bet there was lots of work behind the scenes.

It is pretty cool to see 4 machines in a state of quality condition that you just don't see out in the wild much anymore (less NIB of course), and knowing they will be maintaned at that level.

#28 9 years ago

Thanks all! Hope to see many of you tonight!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell other locals about Pooley's pinball! and the monthly event!

I know there are lots of people that don't frequent to forum and word of mouth is the best way to reach them.

Upcoming monthly dates: The second WEDnesDAY of each month.
Apr 9
May 14
Jun 11
July 9
Aug 13
Sep 10
Oct 8
Nov 12
Dec 10

#29 9 years ago

Congrats! Gotta make a trip to madtown soon and check it out. Well done Hilton!

#30 9 years ago

This sounds great!! I'm actually going north through Madison tomorrow. Might be coming back through before they open but, hopefully I'll be running late and get through there after 3 when they open. Great lineup.

#31 9 years ago

Can you share anything about how you found the location and convinced them to have the pins? Were you friends with the owners, or did you approach them cold? I'd love to see something like this closer to me around here.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from adaman25:

hopefully I'll be running late and get through there after 3 when they open

Pooley's had just changed their hours and is now open at 11am every day for lunch, so no need to *hope* you're running late!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Pooley's had just changed their hours and is now open at 11am every day for lunch, so no need to *hope* you're running late!

Excellent!!!

#34 9 years ago

Thanks to all that came out for the 1st monthly event tonight. I think it went pretty smooth and nice to see some new faces in the mix!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks to all that came out for the 1st monthly event tonight. I think it went pretty smooth and nice to see some new faces in the mix!

New people pooleys regulars?

#36 9 years ago

A little bit of everything. It gives me hope for location pinball.

#37 9 years ago

Who won? Lemme guess, Mike S?

#38 9 years ago

I won a dollar game so I am happy!

#39 9 years ago

I will send results to IFPA likely next week. Too many things to do between now and MGC!

#41 9 years ago

Thanks Hilton! Games played great, and all the players were top notch (both as players and people).

#42 9 years ago

Great spot and beautiful machines! Thanks for giving me the quick run down on TAF.

Quoted from Whysnow:

A little bit of everything. It gives me hope for location pinball.

I went in a Middleton bar the other day to see if they had pins (I'd seen a Super Chexx in their window), and the bartender said, "No, but I get asked that a lot".

#43 9 years ago

Last time I was in Madison I saw a bar with a huge PINBALL sign and when I went in, there were no machines.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Last time I was in Madison I saw a bar with a huge PINBALL sign and when I went in, there were no machines.

I bet it was the Ideal Bar at the end of Atwood avenue in Madison. Every time we drive by it, my wife says "there's a bar that has pinball's, let's go there".

I told her the only way we can play pinball at that bar is if we can somehow procure a time machine.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I bet it was the Ideal Bar at the end of Atwood avenue in Madison. Every time we drive by it, my wife says "there's a bar that has pinball's, let's go there".
I told her the only way we can play pinball at that bar is if we can somehow procure a Time Machine.

Must be. I sure felt dumb when I went in and saw they had none, as if I should have obviously known it was a purely historical sign <sigh>...

#46 9 years ago

I drive past the Ideal frequently, yes, FALSE ADVERTISING, there should be a law...

#47 9 years ago

A cold drink, a plate of pasta, and good pinball! Pooleys is the nice! There's even a special guest here if anyone is in the area.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

A cold drink, a plate of pasta, and good pinball! Pooleys is the nice! There's even a special guest here if anyone is in the area.

are you in madison right now? sent you a pm.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

It was so cool that Koi stopped by to play today. Such a great guy!

#50 9 years ago

Got all the high scores tonight!

Jk. Going home broke.

Good times!IMG_20140410_194753_734.jpgIMG_20140410_194753_734.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
4,849 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carson City, NV
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 353 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/madison-pinball-new-location-to-play-in-madtown-wi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.