Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Congrats! Its awesome to have operators who take pride in there machines.

We have some great places to play in Boston (Roxy's arc4de, flattop Johnny's ect.) Still wish there was something closer to me. After working all day the last thing I want to do is drive an hour or so into Boston with traffic. Someone start an arcade on the South shore of mass!!!!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote you find a location and go for it! It is lots of fun!

Dam I would love too. My friends always were amazed that I had a machine that could "make money" lol. I told them it's not that easy to make money with it but it can maybe fund a hobby.

now you actually have me really thinking about it

#9 6 years ago

Good tips! It would be tough for me to get 4 pins. What about buying a SW pro and putting it in a busy bar 5 min away from me? Would that be a good way to start?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

new is a great way to start IMO. New also means less total worry about upkeep. Keep in mind EVERY game will have some bugs to work out in the first few weeks and then things tend to stabalize.
I would just make sure the bar you pick has room for some growth. If 1 does well then you will want to expand with a few more.

Ya definitely. Would prob bring it to my house and put so plays through it first and bullet proof it. Also do bars usually want a cut of your money? Or do you just tell them it will eventually bring in more paying customers

#14 6 years ago

Thanks guys! Ya I wouldn't want to do a 50/50 split. Maybe 75/25 and see where it goes. If it gets more games there and brings in people for meets then more to 100 percent. Whysnow has got me thinking about it

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what do you honestly have to lose?
Worst case scenario, you blow some time trying it out and decide it is not for you after 6-12 months. You likely still walk away with a couple bucks in your pocket/ a game that others got to enjoy and is paid down a little.
Best case scenario is you find a new part of the hobby you enjoy and meet some new friends.

Well the easy part is buying a new star wars pro

Then I need a location. There is a bar 5 min from me that gets packed on thurs, Fri and sat nights. Problem is it probably has a night percent of college kids. It's not a dive bar it's actually a pretty nice place but can also get pretty wild on weekends

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

One thing about talking %. I'm not the "drive a hard bargain" type of person, but I have presented the 100% split a few times without much pushback. I prefer to phrase it differently though. I say that I would like to bring in a few pinball machines and will maintain them (which worries location owners) and in return players will add their location to their routine and probably have some beers. As long as they aren't hurting for space/tables, they often don't mind giving up a little space to add another attraction to the location. If they can see it as something they are adding, but don't have to worry about very much, it's normally an easy sell.

Yes that's how I would try and word it. Especially if they have any 'dead' space, you can present it as a way to use that space to draw in more customers.

#23 6 years ago

Should change topic to advice on starting a route

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/madison-pinball-4-years-and-35-games?tu=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.