• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo11121856.jpg
Photo11121713.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Dropped the hammer and done it. Went with pinball life leds concave for the white Gi with 3 leds in the 2 bumpers closest to the flippers. Color matched inserts and pop bumpers. Now for some reason just out of no where it blows the gi fuse. Lift the pf up check everything and cant fond anything wrong. Put another fuse in it its fine. This has happend twice. Anyone have this problem?
Before

Photo11121713.jpgPhoto11121713.jpg Photo11121856.jpgPhoto11121856.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I had the same problem with my totan backboard. It ended up being one of the bayonet style bulbs. One of the wires on the bulb was bent over touching both contacts. I pulled all the bulbs and straightened the leads out, put all the bulbs back, replaced the fuse and it worked fine. To test this theory use your dmm and test continuity across one of the sockets in the line. If it's what I think you will have continuity because one of the bulbs is creating a short. If no continuity, you've got some other problem. Hope this helps. Good luck and update when you get it figured out.

3 months later
#3 12 years ago

cant help, but looks great.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks for the pics... I might have to led my hole too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/made-the-jump-to-led-on-black-hole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.