10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpt_after.JPG
    wpt_before_after.png
    #1 10 years ago

Got a World Poker Tour and was having a hard time lighting it up because so many white plastics and full cool white was doing a bit of a wash out and colors were bombing it. So, messing around with some LED strips and resistors I got a coolwhite/blue color. It is more cool white, but with a sweet blue tint. I couldn't get a good pic of the strip as the color was always way different, but here is the world poker tour. There is an LED strip under left plastic drop targets, by flippers, underbackboard,m behind right scoop and under plastic for right drops. So,about 5 total in there all daisy chained up.

* In the pic the flipper LED is pure white so you can see a bit of a difference as I hadn't changed it over yet and was testing the color differences.

I need to get this color made up as I think it'd be great in spotlights. Adds a nice glow effect.

wpt_before_after.pngwpt_before_after.png

#2 10 years ago

Here is higher res of the WPT

wpt_after.JPGwpt_after.JPG

#3 10 years ago

I think that would really juice up the Metallica playfield!

#4 10 years ago

What a difference...very nice work. Can see everything so much better

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I think that would really juice up the Metallica playfield!

ohh yeah! That would be really cool actually. Someone bring me their stock Metallica and I'll do it

#6 10 years ago

I like this a lot, James! Nice Work!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/made-a-new-led-color-sorta-ish-kinda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.