Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Starscream
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Saw an ad for a Flash Gordon pinball so I called the seller and agreed on the purchase price and date I would pick up. Yesterday, I called the seller to confirm the time and was told "I'm keeping it". No calls made to let me know. I sold one of my machines to buy the game as well. I'm really pissed off, not that the buyer decided to keep the machine but did not have the courtesy to call me to let me know. Lame.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I am confused. Shouldn't the title be the seller backed out?

Changed..thx guys

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

It could have been worse, at least you didn't make the trip and get there to find it sold to someone else.
    Buying from the general public is often, for lack of a better word - sucky.

Agreed. It would have been a 5 hour round trip.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Exactly what I was thinking!!
    Nothing pisses me off more.

Hey boss...I'm in innisfil, we should hook up one of these days

#14 10 years ago

...and the seller actually dropped his price by 100.00 without me even asking.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Unless you love heartache, don't even call on a game if you can't go pick it up that evening.

Good advice vid.

#23 10 years ago

I actually had to sell 2 of my machines to finance the deal. One is still for sale and I won't back out. The potential buyer will be here tomorrow, and I wouldn't dare call him to back out. My word is my word and I have always been stubborn to keep it. I wouldn't sell it under this guy even if I was offered more money.

#24 10 years ago

Next time I want to buy a machine I'm going to ask here first. At least I will feel confident I won't get burned and the machine will be in trustworthy condition.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Not really. There is still a spot of pain in my heart for a Swords of Fury deal I had that went south years ago.

For sure...my neighbour almost called the cops because I was doing cartwheels down the street. I had everything map -quested, truck washed, I even got my hair cut. I was so upset I even canceled Swiss chalet dinner with my wife.
    To kick me while I was down, the leafs lost 6 in a row that night and dropped out of the playoffs. Good grief.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Call me in the minority, but one with honor in my word - a long lost art to too many. No excuses should be made for seller or buyer. When the word "deal" is spoken on both sides, see it through. If not, I'll get over it. Karma is a bitch.
    But I do keep a list and share it with other collectors. I have very nice games that I will not keep forever. But I will have them buried with me before I sell to any of you who have gone back on your word.
    Rest of you make excuses. To each their own. Word is word. Honor is honor. A dick is a dick.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens a lot in this hobby.
    People tend to get attached to their pins, and sometimes do actually get buyers remorse and back out.
    People sometimes stick a game on Craigslist or Mr Pinball and end up accepting an offer because they need money, and a better offer comes along. Before you show up with $$ and a truck to seal the deal, they get greedy.
    A lot of people stick something on Craigslist, having zero idea of what it's worth. Your 'bargain game' may be the way they are putting food on their table this month, paying their past due mortgage, or God knows what other problem they have.
    I value my integrity, and when dealing with me, a deal is a deal.
    But, I understand not everyone has the same morals or ideas that I do, and I also understand sh*t happens.
    I hope you find an even better deal next time. Don't let one bad deal sour the hobby for you, most of us would've lost a lot of fun if we did!

Agreed, in fact if I found out someone had to sell because of money problems, I would offer way more, and later, drop by with a bag of my wife's kick-ass quesadillas. Would probably sell the game back to the seller when his boat floated again.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

You should really ask on pinballrevolution forums first since it is local to you and you can connect up with other collectors too. In fact I think I've helped bigbossfan secure 3 pins in the past 6 months as we initially met on pinballrevolution. In fact I have helped over 150 pins exchange hands in the past 2 years just by putting buyers and sellers in touch, some have gone as far as calling me "the enabler" This is the best way to deal because you don't have to worry about being screwed out of a game or have to drop whatever it is you are doing such as work to go get to a deal in time. I haven't bought a pin via kijiji since Jan 2012 because I don't have the time to beat these local ambulance chasers who have their RSS feeds set to check every minute. Mine checks and sends me an email notification every 15 minutes and I usually share in this thread I maintain hoping to help others.
    http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120&start=1175
    cdnbacon if you ever come do to the Toronto area give me a shout and you are welcome to stop by anytime to play some pins.

Nice!!! Count me in, going to the marlies game this weekend so I'll be heading downtown tomorrow. I'm usually at most home games..

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The Maple Laughs?

Yeah..looks like seven in a row now...Philly is pounding Toronto. Red wings on hockey night in canada tomorrow.

1 week later
    #68 10 years ago

Looks like after tonight,the leafs are gone from playoffs. To kick me when I'm down, I checked kijiji ads for pinballs for sale and see a Flash Gordon that looks a lot like the one I had a deal on. Ad says: works good, good condition...that's it.. 3000.00???? That sucks.

#69 10 years ago

I love the game but no way is it worth 3 grand...that's just greedy

#70 10 years ago

Can someone please respond to this guy and tell him outer-space is up not down.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

You should really ask on pinballrevolution forums first since it is local to you and you can connect up with other collectors too. In fact I think I've helped bigbossfan secure 3 pins in the past 6 months as we initially met on pinballrevolution. In fact I have helped over 150 pins exchange hands in the past 2 years just by putting buyers and sellers in touch, some have gone as far as calling me "the enabler" This is the best way to deal because you don't have to worry about being screwed out of a game or have to drop whatever it is you are doing such as work to go get to a deal in time. I haven't bought a pin via kijiji since Jan 2012 because I don't have the time to beat these local ambulance chasers who have their RSS feeds set to check every minute. Mine checks and sends me an email notification every 15 minutes and I usually share in this thread I maintain hoping to help others.
    http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120&start=1175
    cdnbacon if you ever come do to the Toronto area give me a shout and you are welcome to stop by anytime to play some pins.

Ok.. "enable" me to get a Flash Gordon for under 1.5k and throw in a prayer for the leafs to make the playoffs.

#79 10 years ago

Made a mistake, seller wants 3,200

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/made-a-deal-and-the-buyer-backed-out?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.