• Latest reply 1 year ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1590 (resized).jpg
Mad World Hold relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stretch7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hi all, I am having an issue with starting a game on Mad World.
I will start by saying i have gone through switches and all seem gapped fine and functioning as should on all relays and score motor, etc etc. I have checked for broken wires as well.
What i have come up with is the hold relay will not engage. If i start a game, it will just do the typical run on of score motor when game started. If i manually engage the hold relay in it will reset scores and start a game as it should. I have ohm'd the coil and is good, if i jumper power to the coil it pulls in as it should.
I am struggling reading the schematics for this game and looking for someone with more insight and knowledge of schematics to help me out find where/what will pull this hold relay in so i can better troubleshoot this game.
Thanks for reading.

1 week later
#3 1 year ago

Hi Mark

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I had 2 resistors connected in parallel and neither test at 15 ohms so i was able to create a 13.5 ohm 5 watt resistor( hope it will be sufficient).
Bad thing was when i unsoldered the old resistors i ended up taking lug of coil, so i figured I'll take the only other coil that si the same from pop relay and use it for now...well didn't i do the same thing on that coil trying to unsolder wires.
I have 2 coils on order and should be here any day now and will try again and let you know what happens after i get them installed.

Gilles

#4 1 year ago

Ok 2 coils are changed and new resistor in place and hold coil now holds in! Now I'm getting some random issues so i will be working on that today....mainly ball trough count issues that exist and then it works fine.
On my discoveries i noticed on switch on start relay i have 2 different colour wires going to top blade of switch of switch and the top blade on switch beside has no wire on it but does have a wire connected to the bottom side of blade (maybe past owner mixed up) i will attach a picture if someone out there can maybe confirm for me if this correct or not?
Its the connecter with the tan and red wire both attach to blade. Blade beside it looks there is a wire attached to top blade in picture but there is nothing there.

IMG_1590 (resized).jpgIMG_1590 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stretch7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-world-hold-relay?tu=Stretch7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.