(Topic ID: 212110)

Big Charity Pinball Event>Mad Rollin Pinball 2018 > $3701 raised!

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    8BB92886-CF06-46A1-83B6-324B61C8F347 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Just wanted to confirm and post up the date now so people can plan accordingly as you book out league events.
    SATURDAY SEPT 22nd

This first post will be updated as planning happens.

Mad Rollin' Pinball will be back for its 7th year. LARGEST charity pinball event in the region. PinGolf and Team Brawl competitions. Over 24 (great playing, unique, and often rare )games available for play.

We raised Over $5000 last year and this really is a fun way to give back with pinball! I plan to announce the charity selected for 2018 in the coming week (just a few things to work out still)

Registration for teams and individuals will open on June 2nd at 9am. Commit to bring a game now in order to reserve a slot for you and your partner.

Game Bringer list is below. Please denote the game if you already know what you are bringing. If you only know general era that is cool for now also
    Game bringers get to come to the exclusive Friday pre-party and Friday special event.

Current list:
    1. Hilton > Transporter
    2. Hilton > Grand Lizard
    3. Tully > TBD
    4. Tully > TBD

10. Greg P > TBDx2
    11. Todd E > TBD
    12. Garrett > TBD
    13. Sean S > Knockout
    14. Mike W > TZ
    15. Mike S > TBD
    16.Tom G > TBD
    17.Richard > TBD
    18. David D > SWpro
    19. Tim E > TBD
    20. Noah K > Alien Poker
    21. Jim R > Houdini
    22. Eric P > IM
    23. Dave B > TBD
    24. Dan T > JM
    25. Quy > TBD
    26. Jon Z > Tommy
    27. Ryan S > TBD

Charitable organization announcement:
    Taro's Legacy Fund will be the charitable organization for MRP 2018! For those that dont know, Rob Anthony is pinball family and he recently lost Taro. Taro was not only an amazing dog that made a big positive impact on many people's lives in the pinball world, he was also a service dog. To keep the memory of Taro alive and provide a positive in his memory, Taro's Legacy Fund was started.

100% of all the proceeds for MRP 2018 will be given to Taro's fund which will go to help people that don't have the means/ability get a service animal to help assist and improve their quality of life.

(Post from Rob about the details of this fund)

"Taro was an amazing dog, more so than most folks know. In his service role he greatly helped me to get through my daily routine, and was an asset to my life in ways that most people did not see. I would like his memory to live on and bring positive energy and smiles to the world.

Today I'm starting a fund in Taro's name that will donate to organizations that provide service dogs to those who have a need, but not the means to get one. The cost for training a service dog can range from $17,000 to $70,000 or more for food, care, veterinary services, and training. Many people that have need for a service dog do not have the financial ability to pay these costs.

The Taro Legacy Fund will donate all collected funds to organizations such as The Animal Farm Foundation, and Freedom Service Dogs of America, that provide pre-trained service dogs or offer training services to people that need it.

Anyone wanting to donate can send a PayPal payment to [email protected]

I will also have flyers and samples from Taro's Pinball Magazine #4 April Fools cover available at shows that I'll be attending. Any donation to the fund will get your choice of any of these items.

Please continue to keep Taro's memory alive."

Registration announcement:
    Registration opens on Sat June 2nd at 9am.
    Info on www.madisonpinball.com
    In short, send $80 paypal gift (per team) to me. Also provide:
    1. Your name
    2. Your partners name
    3. Your team name

Limited to 80 people total/ 40 teams.

If you are an individual then please try to find your own team mate. We are happy to pair you up if needed.

*registration currently full but email to be put on waitlist.

#2 6 years ago

added Mike S

#3 6 years ago

Is the event going to be for WPPRs points this year?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Is the event going to be for WPPRs points this year?

It will have IPFA status. KingPin has offered to cover the donation to IFPA.

If anyone is up for volunteering to add the event to the calendar and submit results when done then LMK (I dont have an account and have no plans to sign up for their payment system for TDs)

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It will have IPFA status. KingPin has offered to cover the donation to IFPA.

If it takes $1 to get people to come out for a charity event that will send money to a good cause, then I am all for that.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

If it takes $1 to get people to come out for a charity event that will send money to a good cause, then I am all for that.

very nice of you KP and I am sure the players interested in IFPA points appreciate it.

#7 6 years ago

7 more games needed.

Would love to get those commitments prior to leaving for Texas this week so I can take care some of the charity related stuff there

#8 6 years ago

list updated

#9 6 years ago

We need 7 more games.

Lots of perks for game bringers.
    Friday night private party and IFPA competition
    Beer and za at the private party
    Reduced entry fee for your team and a team reservation
    Special ticket for chance to win a cool prize only available to those that bring games.
    Be in the cool kids club.

#10 6 years ago

bump

1 week later
    #11 6 years ago

Taro's Legacy Fund will be the charitable organization for MRP 2018! For those that dont know, Rob Anthony is pinball family and he recently lost Taro. Taro was not only an amazing dog that made a big positive impact on many people's lives in the pinball world, he was also a service dog. To keep the memory of Taro alive and provide a positive in his memory, Taro's Legacy Fund was started.

100% of all the proceeds for MRP 2018 will be given to Taro's fund which will go to help people that don't have the means/ability get a service animal to help assist and improve their quality of life.

"Taro was an amazing dog, more so than most folks know. In his service role he greatly helped me to get through my daily routine, and was an asset to my life in ways that most people did not see. I would like his memory to live on and bring positive energy and smiles to the world.

Today I'm starting a fund in Taro's name that will donate to organizations that provide service dogs to those who have a need, but not the means to get one. The cost for training a service dog can range from $17,000 to $70,000 or more for food, care, veterinary services, and training. Many people that have need for a service dog do not have the financial ability to pay these costs.

The Taro Legacy Fund will donate all collected funds to organizations such as The Animal Farm Foundation, and Freedom Service Dogs of America, that provide pre-trained service dogs or offer training services to people that need it.

I will also have flyers and samples from Taro's Pinball Magazine #4 April Fools cover available at shows that I'll be attending. Any donation to the fund will get your choice of any of these items.

would like to open registration this weekend, but need some more games to be able to do so.

Please LMK if you can help out by bringing a game.

#12 6 years ago

As Co tournament director I approve this message.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

As Co tournament director I approve this message.

As a big supporter of this event, I would love to see many, many people come out and donate to this cause. Rob is great and Taro was always happy to see everyone.

It's time to get together as a community and pull your wallets out of your pockets to show Rob how much he and taro touched us all (and not in a creepy bangerjay kind of way).

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

As a big supporter of this event, I would love to see many, many people come out and donate to this cause. Rob is great and Taro was always happy to see everyone.
    It's time to get together as a community and pull your wallets out of your pockets to show Rob how much he and taro touched us all (and not in a creepy bangerjay kind of way).

well said KP!

#15 6 years ago

bump for game please

#16 6 years ago

6 more games needed.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Taro's Legacy Fund will be the charitable organization for MRP 2018!

I love it.

#18 6 years ago

Titan would like to help. Rob has done a ton for us and we were very sorry to hear about Taro. Shoot us an email at [email protected] and let us know if we can donate some raffle or tournament prizes.

-Eric

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Titan would like to help. Rob has done a ton for us and we were very sorry to hear about Taro. Shoot us an email at [email protected] and let us know if we can donate some raffle or tournament prizes.
    -Eric

awesome and thanks!!!!

#20 6 years ago

only need 5 more games

#21 6 years ago

4 spots for games!

thanks everyone that is supporting! Event cant happen without all your dedication!

#22 6 years ago

bump

anyone else want to bring a game and get in on the pre-party action?

#23 6 years ago

just need 3 more and then we can open up registration.

Lets do this yo!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

would like to open registration this weekend, but need some more games to be able to do so.
    Please LMK if you can help out by bringing a game.

Wow! What an amazingly gracious gesture. I'm deeply moved. Thank you to all involved.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#25 6 years ago

Happy to do it and be part of it Rob! Great cause to support and that makes it all more worth it.

If you can make it to the event, would love to have you.

#26 6 years ago

Bump. 3 more games needed.

Anyone able to commit?

Would love to get the games settled so I can start working on registration stuff.

#27 6 years ago

I'll get off the fence. Put me down for Ironman.

Not sure if I'll drive back and forth both days or if I'll get a hotel or what, but dammit, I'm in for Taro.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Not sure if I'll drive back and forth both days or if I'll get a hotel or what, but dammit, I'm in for Taro.

thanks eric!!!

#29 6 years ago

2 more needed.

(we can take more than 2 more, 24 games is just the minimum to run this); extras mean we can have side tourney and not backups for stuff that goes down)

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

if you want to bring Ironman to MGC, i will keep it safe and sound at my house and bring it to Mad Rollin for you....

just a thought (a selfish one on my part).

#31 6 years ago

woot woot

#32 6 years ago

need 2 more games to solidfy other stuff and start on registration.

#33 6 years ago

I'll bring 1.

#34 6 years ago

awesome and thanks!

Hopefuly you will be settled in the new house by then so a shorter trip

#35 6 years ago

Would love to finish off the committed games this week. Just need 1 more. Then we can open registration and gets things really rollin !

#36 6 years ago

anyone want to be part of the Friday night fun?

need 1 more game to fill out the list.

#37 6 years ago

bump for 1 more game please

1 month later
    #38 5 years ago

24 games now accounted for!

I will get around to opening registration once I get some free time to field all the emails.

1 week later
    #39 5 years ago

Registration announcement:
    Registration opens on Sat June 2nd at 9am.
    Info on www.madisonpinball.com
    In short, send $80 paypal gift (per team) to me. Also provide:
    1. Your name
    2. Your partners name
    3. Your team name

Limited to 80 people total/ 40 teams.

If you are an individual then please try to find your own team mate. We are happy to pair you up if needed.

If you are a person bringing a game then $50 paypal gift and you can send that over as soon as you are able/now. Each person bringing a game has a team slot reserved for you. If you do not plan to play then let me know so I can release that team slot. thanks

#40 5 years ago

Historically there are over 40+ WPPRs for 1st place.
    Also a side event
    Also a friday warm up event for those that bring games or provide additional donation to be part of Friday competition.

In other words, this is one of the largest WPPR/IFPA sanctioned events in the midwest each year.

Definitely the largest pingolf event in the region

IFPA fee for main event has been covered by Chris at KingPin games!

#41 5 years ago

also I should note that this is a very casual style event and social.

I posted about WPPRs for the point hunters, but this event is for sure designed around being fun for all! With 5 pinbrawl divisions and custom trophies for 1st/2nd place teams in all 5 divisions it is a blast for everyone/all skill levels.

Best part is that since this is all for charity, the vibe is fun.

Also, Tim E has stepped up to work on getting charity prizes. He did an awesome job last year of getting amazing and rare stuff to be part of raffle and silent auction and I am sure he will be able to do some amazing stuff this year also!

#42 5 years ago

bump for eyes prior to registration opening.

I will send out an email blast when it gets closer also.

#43 5 years ago

long weekend bump

#44 5 years ago

If those bringing games know what you are going to bring then please post it up.

I understand that things are subject to change but always good to get an idea as I start thinking about how to make the A and B course and keep variety more even.

#45 5 years ago

reminder that registration opens next Sat morn

#46 5 years ago

You can put me down for a game.

#47 5 years ago

Just a reminder that hilton will probably bump with a reminder tomorrow.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

lol

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

took a day off for Eric

For those that are bringing games, please shoot over your team name, partner name, and reduced payment when you get a chance.

Email blast should be going over tonight (if time allows).
    Registration opens to the masses on Sat morn at 9am.

#50 5 years ago

email blast just went out to about 200 people.

Please feel free to forward to others that may be interested

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2018-sept-21-22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.