Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PANO_20170923_092422.jpg
    IMG_1281 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1276 (resized).JPG
    1506168457084-364438922 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    getinmybelly (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Just wanted to confirm and post up the date now so people can plan accordingly as you book out league events.
    This first post will be updated as planning happens.

Mad Rollin Pinball will be back for its 6th? year. LARGEST charity pinball event in the region. PinGolf and Team Brawl competitions. Over 24 games available for play.

We raised Over $2500 for charity each of the past 2 years and this really is a fun way to give back with pinball!

Registration for teams and individuals will open on May 21st

Game Bringer list is below.

1. Hilton > 2 games (Andromeda and Airborne/ or TnA if it is ready? and JM)
    2. Tully > 2 games (TAF and Robocop)
    3. KingPin > 3 or possibly 4 games (DI, WOZ, TH, Dominos)
    4. Art > 2 games (Victory and Monopoly)
    5. Dave B > 1 game (Avatar)
    6. Garrett > 1 game (mustang)
    7. Tim E > 1 game
    8. Todd E > 1 game (POTC?)
    9. Andre/Arkuz > 1 game (A13)
    10. Tom G > 1 game (ACDC)
    11. Noah K > 1 game (Alien Poker)
    12. Mike S > 1 game (EBC)
    13. Chris and Chateen > 1 game (GB)
    14. Jon Z > 1 game (Tommy or JP)
    15. Nick S > 1 game (WCS)
    16. Mark S > 1 game (Mousin)
    17. Mike W > 1 game (EBD)
    18. Quy > 1 game (TS)
    19. Sean S > 1 game (4milBC)
    20. Yancy > 1 game (Magic)

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All the best, Hilton!! I love that you do this for charity. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to make it.

how about this year Bryan???? You have 8 months to plan. I will even buy the first spotted cow and shot of Geritol.

Would love to have you along for the fun. If you can't make it but have something to donate to the charity raffle we are always looking for more great prizes. The raffle is a large part of what helps build the charity fund each year. Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pfcjimmy:

You can put me down for at least one.
    Raven and I'll donate it to be raffled again.
    I was thinking $20 with 50 ticket max or $10 with 100 ticket max.

Thanks for the donation and sweet that we will have at least 1 game for the donation/raffle pool!

#9 7 years ago

thanks to all that have already commited to helping by bringing a game, or 2, or 3, or even more!

you guys rock!

#11 7 years ago

bump for eyes

#13 7 years ago

thanks Dave!!!

Safe to assume you will help with sponsor prize stuff again?

#14 7 years ago

added another game bringer spot to the list.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Just noticed this thread! Funny, but I don't recall signing a "self renewing game bringer unless we receive a registered letter 90 days prior to renewal date so you're gonna bring a game like it or not contract!"
    Thank goodness I'm self-registered somehow... One less thing to worry about! Always glad to bring a couple of games to help out!!

LOL. I just already know you will help out Tully! Hopefully you and Devin can also play this year!

THANKS

#17 7 years ago

bump. Anyone else want to commit to a game before I send out emails later this week?

2 weeks later
    #18 7 years ago

bump. Anyone else want to commit to bringing a game and not on the list?

I will get my stuff together soon and send out emails, but wanted to give the opportunity here first.

1 month later
    #19 7 years ago

Bump for a reminder.

This is a premier event that you dont want to miss! More and more people opt to travel in for it each year and it will sell out. The sure fire way to secure a spot for you and your team is to commit to bringing a game.

24plus great playing and often rare titles. 100% for charity. Big IFPA points. GREAT times and a really special vibe to this whole event (I am of course a bit biased but that is the feedback form others).

#21 7 years ago

15 games committed. Anyone else want to commit?

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

I'm good for 1 game, looking forward to it!

awesome! Glad you are going to make it up.

As a heads up, we do a pre-party for those that bring games on Friday night. Basically, load in is Friday starting at 11am. We try to have all the games set up and dialed in by 5pm. Then I buy food and beer as a thanks for those that bring games to support and we do a little warm up tourney for all the supporters. When it gets closer I will send emails out to all the game bringers, but wanted to give you a heads up now since this will be your first time.

cheers!

1 week later
    #25 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Put me down for one game.

thanks Tom!

Really appreciated as always!

We now have room for 3-6ish more pins.

2 months later
    #26 6 years ago

bumping this now that MGC is over.

I plan to ramp stuff up and get registration open in early May. In order to do that, I need to solidify the final game bringer slots.

We could use 3-6 more decks, so please post up if you can commit to bring a game. Keep in mind that there are lots of perks for those that bring games which include; special prize raffle, entry into Friday pre-party and competition, pre-party beers and za, the knowledge that you are integral in making the largest charity pinball event in the region a thing.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

so i can do a spooky / jjp line up if you like.
    Wizard of Oz
    The Hobbit
    Dialed in (most likely have it by then)
    America's Most Haunted
    Rob Zombie
    Dominos
    Alice Cooper (if out by then)
    I will most likely NOT be bringing any machines to sell this year unless someone is looking for something specific.
    let me know
    christopher

sounds great KP! We will touch base when it gets closer. Would love to have a great JJP and Spooky line up. We will be sure to split them between the 2 pingolf courses. Any chance of your brother's game being ready in prototype phase for us to flip?

#29 6 years ago

added Noak K for a game

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

OH! Tell me more...

you gonna make it back this year?

#34 6 years ago

added Mike S to game list!

thanks mike!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All the best, Hilton!! I love that you do this for charity. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to make it.

is this the year old man Kelly comes to Madison to hang out >????

we have LOTS of beer!

#36 6 years ago

added Chris and Chateen to the list for bringing a game!

#37 6 years ago

jon z added to the list!

thanks Jon Z!

#38 6 years ago

looking for 4 more solid game commitments and then we can officially open registration.

Lets get this locked down this next week

#39 6 years ago

Mark and Ian are in again!

thanks guys!

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Put me down for one. Nice to finally have a pin hauler...about time I support the cause!

awesome and happy to have you!!!

#42 6 years ago

added Mike W! Thanks Mike!!!

We can fit 1 more game slot (maybe 2?)

Please confirm with me ASAP if you are committed.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

Any shirts for purchase that go towards this awesome charity event?

we typically look for a volunteer artist willing to donate some time towards the design cause.

We always give them a bunch of shirts/pints printed up with the design as 'payment' Last year Scott Gullicks was kind enough to make an awesome shirt!

We dont have an artist yet this year but would love if somebody is interested in helping. I have lots of old files to work off of and incorporate logo stuff from the past few years.

Please reach out if anyone wants to help. Also, thanks for the reminder that I need to get shirts squared away!

#45 6 years ago

bump

let's get the last game slot filled

1 week later
    #48 6 years ago

I have all the games locked down now.

Hoping to get updates on the website sometime this week and will plan to open registration on May 20th or 21st (assuming I can get stuff in order)

#49 6 years ago

A note from Tim Enders concerning the selected person/charity for this years event

"Hello Friends, Supporters, and Pinball Enthusiasts,

I have known my first cousin Toby as far back as I can remember. He is my dad’s

sisters son. Toby is now the Principal and Athletic Director at North Crawford High

School in Western Wisconsin.

Teaching is not a job to Toby it is a way to guide lives. It surely is not a 9 to 5 job, as

evidenced by the many parents and students that I have spoken with over the years,

who just rave about how Toby has changed their and their chidren’s lives.

Now we have an opportunity to change Toby’s life in a small, but impactful way.

Toby has been diagnosed and treated for a rare form of blood cancer called

Plasmacytoma, in which he has received radiation treatments, as well as hip surgery

on March 7, 2017.

It is painfully obvious that cancer can affect any and all of us and it probably has.

Toby is 6’4 265lbs give or take a few Tripper’s burgers(His mom and my aunt’s bar).

He also played professional basketball in Europe. He is one of the funniest people I

have ever met. He has made everyone’s life around him much better. Toby is also an

incredible writer and poet. Toby has some of the best stories you will ever hear and

family is the most important thing in the world to Toby. That includes his wife Jessa,

his two children , daughter Evelyn and son Benedict. His parents Geoff, Nancy, and

his brother Travis. As well as all of his extended family, including myself and all of

our cousins and the tons of friends Toby has.

I want to thank Hilton Jones for organizing and running this great pinball

tournament year in and year out. It takes a ton of work that not everyone might see.

Not only is it the best pinball tournament in the Midwest it is for the best cause! I

also want to thank all of the game bringers in particular. It is a major commitment

for you to move and have your games ready for play. I also want to thank the

participants and anyone and everyone involved with Madrollin. YOU make this

whole thing possible.

Let’s do everything we can to knock out this terrible disease using your forearm or

whatever else you need to…

Thanks tons for your generous hearts,

Tim Enders"

#50 6 years ago

bump for eyes so people know registration opens soonish

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Hoping to make it up there to support you guys.
    If you need a reserve game brought let me know

that would be great, if that works for you!

You going to be flying solo? I am assuming the kid will be here soon?

#54 6 years ago

I wanted to announce an additional fun event I am planning for this year. I recently picked up a 2 player Joust that I am bringing back to life.

I plan to set up a random draw team split flipper (that is right, you and your partner will face off against another team at the same time). The plan is to have this run organically in the background during the day.

We will have a big bracket on the wall and whittle it down as the day goes on. I love split flipper and this should be a whole new epic addition to the team style play!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Katie and I are both really looking forward to this event, Hilton! It feels good to be a part of something that will help others out...and it makes it better that it's through pinball! I've been thrown headlong into this hobby and never realized how much time I would spend on it. Thanks for putting this together!

super looking forward to you both being part of it!!!

Heidi and I are so glad we met you both and you are getting sucked into the hobby full force!

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

End of June probably, so thats a definite maybe!

you can just bring up either of those 2 games we are working out a deal on

#58 6 years ago

bump for the reminder of pending registration opening...

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

How are you doing registration? Are game bringers automatically registered?

yes, game bringgers automatically have a team spot reserved (one of the perks of helping out). Game bringers pay a reduced registration fee.
    I will get it together and have on my MRP "to do" list to email all game bringgers later today with a request for your
    1. Team Name
    2. Your Full Name
    3. Your Partners Full Name
    4. Your Paypal GIFT payment for the registration fee.

#61 6 years ago

emails have gone out to those bringing games.

Please respond ASAP/ prior to open registration on Sunday.

thx

#62 6 years ago

some people have asked...

When registration opens at 8am CST on Sunday you need to:

1. Send me an email (address on madisonpinball.com website)
    2. Tell me your full name, your partners full name, your team name
    3. Hang tight and wait for me to respond that you got a team slot (I will be online at the on sale time and reply as they come in/ till they are sold out)
    4. Paypal (GIFT/ Friends and Family) your registration fee as soon as you get the reply saying you are in for a team slot.

#64 6 years ago

Registration opens in under and hour.

After Team slots allocated to game bringers, there are 21 team slots remaining at this time.

See you all at 8am

#65 6 years ago

10 team slots remain. I am going through emails as they come in.

#66 6 years ago

4 team slots remain currently.

I am going to shoot out an email to the blast list from previous years in the next couple days, so if you want it... now is the time to do so.

#67 6 years ago

3 team slots left currently

#68 6 years ago

1 team slot remains now

1 week later
    #69 6 years ago

We were sold out, but then 1 person had something else pop up for that weekend.

1 team slot remains.

#70 6 years ago

BUMP

Let's fill this last team slot so I can call it good and focus on other stuff to get ready

#71 6 years ago

MRP is currently sold out!

I have started a waitlist.
    I may open a few more team slots if we get 2 at a time (just works better for the format)

There are a select few people looking for partners so if you are a single then please message me to get in.

1 week later
    #72 6 years ago

1 team slot currently open (previous team had something else come up)

#73 6 years ago

bump for 1 team slot available

#74 6 years ago

First announcement for a sweet raffle prize for this year!!!

Scott D/ Spooky pinball have offered up the following prize to the raffle pool.
    - You initials as a default in the HSTD leaderbaord for Total Nuclear Annihilation!

If you win this prize in the raffle then they will code in so your 10 character HTSD initials will be a default on the game for one of the scores on the list (for example #4 position)

*if it is not appropriate or insulting, it will automatically be rejected and you lose the prize. In other words winners 10 character initials are subject to final approval by Scott and Spooky

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Can we buy raffle tickets in another state for a chance to win?

unfortunately I do not have that capability. I suppose you could always ask one of the attendees to buy some raffle tickets on your behalf.

We run it old school style where we pull tickets from the bucket and you must be present to pick your prize and win. Last year we also gave away 2 pinball machines, tons of swag from our sponsors, and I think even a private pinball lesson from PattyJ.

The enders brothers are heading up the raffle prize pool for this year and I am hoping some more great new things show up

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Can we buy raffle tickets in another state for a chance to win?

I should note that we do give out a prize for the longest distance travelled and you would be in the running this year if you decided to come out

1 month later
    #79 6 years ago

bump.

1 team slot available currently.

I will be locking things down at some point so I can get all the pre-work done (course selection is done based on player skill to provide an even spread)

#80 6 years ago

bumpage

#81 6 years ago

bump

2 weeks later
    #82 6 years ago

LAST CALL for signing up.

Currently 2 team slots available due to some last minute changes for individuals that had other family obligations arrise.

We could use 1 more game if anyone wants to sign up a team slot and bring a game, that would be great!
    Keep in mind that there are some perks for bringing a game which include pre-party for those that bring a game on Friday Sept, reduced team entry fee, special shot at a 1 off cool prize prozided by Scott D/ TnA.

I plan to lock things down officially as of this friday so I can get some pre-work done. In other words hit me up now if you want to sign up.

Currently 76 people so this is a pretty big event.

#83 6 years ago

also, for those bringing games, please reply with what game you are bringing and get your golf goal/objective card made up.

Good golf goals should be 5-7 shots to accomplish typically. People are playing each game cold so erroring on the side of slightly easy is probably better we have found in years past.

TomG is the official golf goal helped dude so feel free to reach out to him to brainstorm ideas. We will of course make adjustments after Friday pre-party as needed to balance courses and keep things moving.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Pretty sure I'll be bringing Eight Ball Champ this year.

cool

got is down! We will have to put EBC on 1 course and EBD (Miek W bringing) on the other. Will be a great pairing.

I hope to bring Andromeda (fingers crossed) and possibly Airborne (again fingers crossed but that is more just that i need to finish the full tear down in time)

#86 6 years ago

current list

Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Hilton > 2 games (Andromeda and Airborne)
    2. Tully > 2 games
    3. KingPin > 3 or possibly 4 games
    4. Art > 2 games
    5. Dave B > 1 game
    6. Garrett > 1 game
    7. Tim E > 1 game
    9. Andre/Arkuz > 1 game
    10. Tom G > 1 game
    11. Noah K > 1 game
    12. Mike S > 1 game EBC
    13. Chris and Chateen > 1 game
    14. Jon Z > 1 game
    15. Nick S > 1 game
    16. Mark S > 1 game
    17. Mike W > 1 game EBD
    18. Quy > 1 game TS

#88 6 years ago

bump...

what game are you bringing?

get your buddies to sign up for a team slot while they can.

#89 6 years ago

bump for games.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Considering hitting one more tourney before the baby comes. Anyone looking for a teammate? I qualified for C division finals at Pinburgh, so I'm a pretty big deal.

I can check my list when I get home. I think we have 1 person looking for a teammate currently, but cant remember.

Would love to have you come prior to the baby popping out. You are just big...

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Considering hitting one more tourney before the baby comes. Anyone looking for a teammate? I qualified for C division finals at Pinburgh, so I'm a pretty big deal.

Heidi is ISO a partner. She did not qualify for any division at Pinburgh but she is still a big deal. If you want to be here partner then LMK and you can paypal gift me your entry fee ($35)

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Hilton > 2 games (Andromeda and Airborne)
    2. Tully > 2 games (TAF and Robocop)
    3. KingPin > 3 or possibly 4 games (DI, WOZ, TH, Dominos)
    4. Art > 2 games (Victory and Monopoly)
    5. Dave B > 1 game
    6. Garrett > 1 game
    7. Tim E > 1 game
    9. Andre/Arkuz > 1 game
    10. Tom G > 1 game
    11. Noah K > 1 game (Alien Poker)
    12. Mike S > 1 game (EBC)
    13. Chris and Chateen > 1 game
    14. Jon Z > 1 game
    15. Nick S > 1 game (WCS)
    16. Mark S > 1 game
    17. Mike W > 1 game (EBD)
    18. Quy > 1 game (TS)
    19. Sean S > 1 game (4milBC)

game list is starting to take shape. Some fun stuff. Some old stuff. Some new stuff. Some weird stuff.

Thanks to all that are bringing games. This could not happen without all of you!

Please post up what you are bringing if it is not noted already

#96 6 years ago

1 day left to take the last team slot.

message me before I lock it down

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Lock it up! Favorable rulings: check.

you are IN!

#99 6 years ago

last chance to register is this SAT!

Room for 1 team or singles

#100 6 years ago

registration now closed.

I will start a waitlist if you still want in, but will only be adding to the head count if we get 2 teams (4 people) on the waitlist so we can add to each golf course to keep things even.

Message me if you want to be put on the waitlist as either a single or a team.

#101 6 years ago

email went out to those registered.

If you did not get the email, then please PM me or ask your partner for the email as they likely got it.

#102 6 years ago

Maya is again working on some SUPER sweet trophies!

1st and 2nd place for all 5 divisions of brawl
    1-8th for golf

New for this year we also have trophies for the fan favorite/best game.

#103 6 years ago

Great news!!!!

We will have a Taco Bar for the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Is ALT supplying the food? Is it going to be an all-you-can-eat type thing?

Alt is arranging for Tacos. It will be pay for what you want sort of thing. They mentioned some sort of lunch special like 2 tacos and a Kickback Kolsh for $12 (dont quote me on that price but you get the idea)

#108 6 years ago

I too LOVE tacos!

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Cool. It's an awesome bar, but the food options aren't the best, even though what they have is good.

yeah, they are primarily focused on being a tap room. They are doing the taco bar thing as a special thing for Mad Rollin. I have been there before for events they have done and it is pretty damn good and good price for what you get.

1 week later
    #111 6 years ago

I plan to get out the email to game bringers this week but in short it will say:
    THANKS! Without all of you, none of this would happen!!!!

-Please get your game ready and shopped tweaked for competition play now
    -Load in anytime the week of Sept 18-22; I can meet you to drop off and we can stage games in the back room prior to Friday.
    -Please be 100% loaded in and set up/ready to play by 5pm (at leatest) on Friday Sept 22, so we can start pre-party activities/competition
    -Please come with your OBJECTIVE based golf goal written clearly on a price card. Golf goals should be for 3 ball play and too easy is better than too hard. In general, we have found that 5-7 shots to complete a goal is a good spot for your objective. Tom Graf has once again taken on the role of helping with goals so reach out to him if you are stumped. We will adjust goals after Friday pre-party as needed for flow on Sat.
    -Pre-party is only for those that bring a game (1 pass per person). If you are traveling a long distance or have special circumstances then reach out. I can take care of your SO/partner in these circumstances as a few of us bring multiple games and have spare passes reserved for just these insances. We appreciate those that travel and support the event, so we support this in return when able; just ask.
    -NEW for this year!!! We have special trophies for voted best games. The collectors really do make this thing all happen and you deserve the recognition for bringing great playing, unique, and fun stuff! We will do ballots and then hand out trophies on Sat at the end of brawl. If you have not told me already what game you are bringing, please do so now. If you are changing what you are bringing, then please elt me know.
    -We will have a special raffle prize given out on Friday night that is also only for game bringers. Pretty sweet prize and special for those that support this event and make it happen (huge thanks to Tim E for rounding up so many great prizes this year)
    -Load out is anytime after brawl is over, but we can accomodate late load-out; games can stage in the back room for later pickup if needed.

Any questions, then just email to ask.

again, THANKS!!!!!!

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I can do what I did last year. Drop kids off for school, get loaded up and head right there. Should get there around 10:30am Friday.

perfect. That is my plan also.

#114 6 years ago

Since I am sure some people witll drop by but are not playing in the event I have opted to post details of the big raffle here also.

Arcade/PINBALL RAFFLE; Win 1 of 4 prizes
    We are going to run a separate raffle to give way an arcade/pinball machine this year.
    It will be a tier based raffle where the potential prize changes based on level/# of tickets sold.
    Tickets will be $100 per ticket. You can buy as many as you want. Please bring BIG bills to purchase raffle tickets (just keeps it simple). No online raffle tickets available but you can buy tickets on behalf of your friends if you wish; just bring their money along.

1-30 tickets sold; Prize is a BBH Video Arcade cabinet (donated by KingPin; actual game will be at the event)
    31-60 tickets sold; Prize is a Johnny Pinball machine (donated by MP; actual game is already at Alt brew; value of 2800 w colorDMD or 2500 with stock DMD)
    61-80 tickets sold; prize is a NIB Stern currently in production (based on availability with a MP distributor)
    81-100 tickets sold; prize is a TH or WOZ pinball machine (based on availability with what KingPin has at the event for current stock; he plans to have a low play TH and WOZ)

All prizes are donated at dealer/original cost, so ticket sales above dealer cost all go to charity. Each level will raise a substantial amount to add to the funds raised this year.
    Raffle drawings to be done immediately following conclusion of pinbrawl and winner does NOT have to be present. Winner can store game at Alt for a short time if needed.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

So I'm assuming tickets can only be purchased at the event?

correct. Only purchased in person at the event, no online options.

You can of course have a friend buy a ticket for you.

1 week later
    #117 6 years ago

lets see if this pastes correctly...

Here is the Course A, hole starting position. After you check in, this is where you will going and the 4 pack you are playing golf with.

Hole COURSE A
    1 Hilton Jones
    Yancy Blaylock
    Christopher Meunier
    Todd Enders 

2 Noah Klosinski
    Tom Graf
    Michael J Williams
    Nick Warner

3 John Stewart
    Dave Biemborn
    Garrett Peterson
    Andre Kuzniarek

4 Mike Sievert
    Jon Z
    Matthew Murphy
    Sean Hall

6 Chris Kruger
    Quy Nguyen
    Neo Skywalker
    Dan Toft

7 Art Dodd
    Jason La Tendresse
    Brandon Phillippi
    Matt Ennocenti

8 BJ McCarthy Jr
    Brandon LaMaster
    Bryon Schmitz
    Alan Wall

9 Lou Nemphos
    Gareth Spindler
    Morgan Spindler
    Tyler Spindler

11 Mark S
    Maya Nigrosh
    Rob Stickney
    Ashley Avenarius

12 Eric Priepke
    Jason Werdrick
    Terry Weber
    Charlie Emery

#118 6 years ago

and course B

Hole COURSE B
    1 Richard Bischoff
    Heidi Jones
    Eric Meunier
    Katie Nguyen

2 David Moe
    Paul Okrulicha
    Michael S Miller
    Brad Smith

3 Sean Spindler
    Nate Thompson
    Ian S
    Tyler Snoberger

4 Nick Stanton
    Tim Enders
    Melissa Spindler
    Deb Hall

6 Jimmy Leingang
    Thomas La Tendresse
    Rob Anderson
    Lewis Miller

7 Brian Slattery
    Jamie Repasky
    Jim Radovich
    Karl Luhrs

8 Sheldon Olson
    Greg Pitner
    Chris Frame
    Brian Leuthner

9 Chad Buddha Kiley
    Brodde Peterson
    Ryan Spindler
    Jay Gross

11 Greg Gessner
    Ken Kulig
    Fred Richardson
    Luke Nahorniak

12 Laura Enders
    Chateen Kruger
    Jay Brand
    Ben Heckendorn

#120 6 years ago

lol

Yeah, there are some no tell motels in the area.

I suggest any of these for people coming in to stay for a night.
    Crowne Plaza Hotel - Madison  
    or any of these by the interstate are decent priced and clean enough for crashing after pinballing

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#121 6 years ago

bump for eyes

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I get to corrupt group 2......insert evil laugh.

there is one of those in every group. most dont figure it out so fast...

#127 6 years ago

Hope you guys in Toms group bring some vaseline...

bump for reminders/eyes/those wondering what course you play on and with who.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from mjwilliams:

Dude, I'm clearly the bad influence in group 2. You're going to have to up your game if you want to be The Corrupter

Mike, I expect you to have beers in the hands of everyone in your group before noon

#130 6 years ago

For those bringing games that want to come early. I will be there tonight starting at 6pm (mainly to play some Killer Queen)

Happy to have you load in tonight if you are willing/able.

We will be loading in the back door tonight so pull around to ramp (shared with Alt and Guitar center) and then walk around front to let me know and I will open it up

#136 6 years ago

It is official, TNA will be at Mad Rolllin!

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Is that a production game?

I believe production sample is the terminology. I am sure chuck can give you all details on Sat.

#144 6 years ago

14 games already set up. The early load in is tits!

See all you game bringers for the pre-party on Friday. Please be there by 4pm to do any final tweaks to your games and ensure they are leveled, tilts tightened up, and ready to rock. We will start the competition at 5pm sharp.

You are welcome to come early if you are a game bringer obviously. Tom and I will be there at 10am so come hang with us and lend a hand if you want

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

AC/DC had some issues with the drop targets that I have to address. I am bringing BDK instead.

sounds good. I like that one better anyway

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I wont be able to get there until around 5pm. Could you check out shadow one last time?

I will make Tom do it
    he is the offcical play tester/ golf goal tweaker

#151 6 years ago

man, it is gonna be a fun weekend!

see you all soon!

#154 6 years ago

thanks for all your help and support KP!

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Will anyone be driving by UW campus on their way to Alt Brew in the morning? My son and his roommate are playing. It was originally me and my son, but I had to back-out due to a commitment I can't change. Like Jediturtle, I'm completely bummed.
    Anyway... back to my original request... my son and his roommate live in the lakeside dorms if anyone has room for two in the car. Otherwise, they have no problem taking an Uber... just trying to save the kid some dough if possible.

Bus route runs right by matc which is next to alt brew. Uber will be quicker but bus will be cheaper

#160 6 years ago

Huge thanks to all our sponsors.

stern
    JJP
    KIngPin Games
    mezel mods
    trent at Tilt
    madison pinball
    Enders Brothers
    pinball Life
    scott D and Spooky Pinball
    RAw Thrills and Josh Sharpe
    Heighway Pinball
    Ben Heckendorn

A few quick pics of some of the raffle prizes.

IMG_1276 (resized).JPGIMG_1276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1277 (resized).JPGIMG_1277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1278 (resized).JPGIMG_1278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1279 (resized).JPGIMG_1279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1280 (resized).JPGIMG_1280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

#162 6 years ago

SUCH AN AMAZING DAY!

Thanks to everyone that supported and made this all happen!!!

Catching up and cleaning up this morning, but I will count up the funds and get them to Todd/Tim so they can get them to Toby.
    Once I have the final tally I will post up the # and ask the Enders Bros to relay it onward.

In the mean time... Anyone else have some fun photos? I always mean to categorize all the games and get photos of all the people there supporting but it never happens (I need to get one of those smart phone things )

#164 6 years ago

I have been waiting for this year... The year that we not only make it to the 5k goal for funds raised but the year we SHATTER it! WOW, I am so grateful for ALL of YOU, the ones that supported this event. Thanks to the sponsors, the game bringers, the players, Alt Brew, and anyone that helped in any way. This is a community run event, for the community.

35 great pinball machines in the building, 24 for golf, 3 for side tourney (including sample production TNA thanks to Scott/Spooky),plus another 8 available for anyone that happened to swing by. Plus the Killer Queen which was fun to get some pinheads playing it in between pinball matches.

78 players in the main event, which makes this the largest IFPA point value event in the State (likely...)
    35 in the side event
    24? in the pre-party warm up

And the most important # >>> $5321 is the grand total! Feels great to have been part of this!

Todd or Tim, want to meet up today so I can get you the moola to get to Toby?
    For transparency I always like the confirmation so everyone knows the funds made it safely to the person we are supporting.

#166 6 years ago

Forgot to mention, Dan Toft was the winner of the JM pinball.

Congrats to Dan!

#173 6 years ago

Anyone have any photos?

I only took the ones beforehand.

#174 6 years ago

results have been submitted to IFPA. Should be up in a few days.

A little bummed that future MRP wont be IFPA sanctioned, but hoping that does not really matter for this event as this is really not about that.

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Would surely be nice if you can still raise funds AND give WPPR points.

I dont want to bring the whole discussion in here, but i will simply say that unless it is entirely free for this event to be IFPA sanctioned, then it will not be starting next year.

I agree that it would be cool to do so, but also refuse to pay a single dollar for a charity event to become sanctioned. I firmly believe this community cares more about giving back with pinball than they do about some ranking points. If I am wrong then I will be sad for the community and the event will cease to exist if it is not supported. All said, I really have faith in everyone/anyone that has supported the past 7 years that they will continue to do so. I think anyone that has been to the event knows what it is all about.

I can honestly say that every year at this time, I want to stop doing the event (it is draining and takes a lot), but then i remember why we do this and push on to make it better for next year. It always helps to have all the smiling faces of the community also. I think atleast 10 people on Saturday were already saying they were committed for next year and already looking forward to it. It just feels good to give back with pinball.

If the IFPA wants to waive the fee for this charity event then I would be happy to continue with it being sanctioned. That is all I will say on the matter.

#180 6 years ago

thanks Sean.

I appreciate the kind words but this event really is 100% community run.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2017-sept-22-23?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.