Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PANO_20170923_092422.jpg
    IMG_1281 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1276 (resized).JPG
    1506168457084-364438922 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    getinmybelly (resized).png

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago

man, it is gonna be a fun weekend!

see you all soon!

#152 6 years ago

I should be there before 3 to setup the EBC. Looking forward to a weekend of pinball!

#153 6 years ago

i will be there around 10 with 4 pins and a video

Woz Standard Edition w/shaker (in the tournament and potential raffle prize)
    Hobbit Standard Edition w/shaker and invisiglass (in the tournament and potential raffle prize)
    Dialed in Limited Edition (still in the box as we speak, will be unboxed and set up at Alt today)
    Domino's Pizza Pinball

Big Buck Hunter World Edition (raffle prize or for sale if not taken in raffle) $2000

I will also have some KingPin Games exclusive JJP prizes to give away for the raffle.

#154 6 years ago

thanks for all your help and support KP!

#155 6 years ago

I've never been so annoyed to have to go to a wedding.

Have fun guys!

#156 6 years ago

Will anyone be driving by UW campus on their way to Alt Brew in the morning? My son and his roommate are playing. It was originally me and my son, but I had to back-out due to a commitment I can't change. Like Jediturtle, I'm completely bummed.

Anyway... back to my original request... my son and his roommate live in the lakeside dorms if anyone has room for two in the car. Otherwise, they have no problem taking an Uber... just trying to save the kid some dough if possible.

#157 6 years ago

Great first day. Missed the cut for pre-party pingolf playoffs by one stroke, but it's a super fun format. I like that most of the goals are non-score based. Looking forward to tomorrow!

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Will anyone be driving by UW campus on their way to Alt Brew in the morning? My son and his roommate are playing. It was originally me and my son, but I had to back-out due to a commitment I can't change. Like Jediturtle, I'm completely bummed.
    Anyway... back to my original request... my son and his roommate live in the lakeside dorms if anyone has room for two in the car. Otherwise, they have no problem taking an Uber... just trying to save the kid some dough if possible.

Bus route runs right by matc which is next to alt brew. Uber will be quicker but bus will be cheaper

#159 6 years ago

On the way!

1506168457084-364438922 (resized).jpg1506168457084-364438922 (resized).jpg

#160 6 years ago

Huge thanks to all our sponsors.

stern
    JJP
    KIngPin Games
    mezel mods
    trent at Tilt
    madison pinball
    Enders Brothers
    pinball Life
    scott D and Spooky Pinball
    RAw Thrills and Josh Sharpe
    Heighway Pinball
    Ben Heckendorn

A few quick pics of some of the raffle prizes.

IMG_1276 (resized).JPGIMG_1276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1277 (resized).JPGIMG_1277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1278 (resized).JPGIMG_1278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1279 (resized).JPGIMG_1279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1280 (resized).JPGIMG_1280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

#161 6 years ago

Here we go!

PANO_20170923_092422.jpgPANO_20170923_092422.jpg

#162 6 years ago

SUCH AN AMAZING DAY!

Thanks to everyone that supported and made this all happen!!!

Catching up and cleaning up this morning, but I will count up the funds and get them to Todd/Tim so they can get them to Toby.
    Once I have the final tally I will post up the # and ask the Enders Bros to relay it onward.

In the mean time... Anyone else have some fun photos? I always mean to categorize all the games and get photos of all the people there supporting but it never happens (I need to get one of those smart phone things )

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

SUCH AN AMAZING DAY!
    Thanks to everyone that supported and made this all happen!!!
    Catching up and cleaning up this morning, but I will count up the funds and get them to Todd/Tim so they can get them to Toby.
    Once I have the final tally I will post up the # and ask the Enders Bros to relay it onward.
    In the mean time... Anyone else have some fun photos? I always mean to categorize all the games and get photos of all the people there supporting but it never happens (I need to get one of those smart phone things )

Incredible event! Very well run and super fun. Thanks Hilton and thanks to everyone who supported this charity event. This will truly help my cousin with his medical bills. Thanks for all the game bringers and participants! Thanks to all that helped with scoring and the raffle as well.

#164 6 years ago

I have been waiting for this year... The year that we not only make it to the 5k goal for funds raised but the year we SHATTER it! WOW, I am so grateful for ALL of YOU, the ones that supported this event. Thanks to the sponsors, the game bringers, the players, Alt Brew, and anyone that helped in any way. This is a community run event, for the community.

35 great pinball machines in the building, 24 for golf, 3 for side tourney (including sample production TNA thanks to Scott/Spooky),plus another 8 available for anyone that happened to swing by. Plus the Killer Queen which was fun to get some pinheads playing it in between pinball matches.

78 players in the main event, which makes this the largest IFPA point value event in the State (likely...)
    35 in the side event
    24? in the pre-party warm up

And the most important # >>> $5321 is the grand total! Feels great to have been part of this!

Todd or Tim, want to meet up today so I can get you the moola to get to Toby?
    For transparency I always like the confirmation so everyone knows the funds made it safely to the person we are supporting.

#165 6 years ago

Awesome Event for a great cause. Thanks to Hilton for putting this on.

#166 6 years ago

Forgot to mention, Dan Toft was the winner of the JM pinball.

Congrats to Dan!

#167 6 years ago

Had a great time, thanks to Hilton and everyone else involved. nice wide selection of games to play too!!

#168 6 years ago

Nice work Hilton and everyone else that made this event possible! It was awesome meeting other pinheads. Everyone that I played with was so helpful and patient with me while i learned the objectives and rules for both Pingolf and Brawl! This community is truly amazing!

#169 6 years ago

A long day, but a great day. Thanks to Hilton for all of the logistical work that goes into something like this sized of an event. It is amazing to me when I see all of the volunteers who chip in, wether it be Kingpin for bringing 5 games, or Tom for filling in as acting TD.

Hopefully, a time will come in our children's lifetime when they won't need to do cancer charity events......one day.

#170 6 years ago

That's incredible that over $5k was raised for Toby! Great that we could raise that much money while having such a fun time! Big thanks to Hilton for organizing the event and thanks to everyone else that helped and donated!

#171 6 years ago

Thanks Hilton for the incredible amount of work you put into this event and to everyone that helped out in any way to make this all happen, and thanks to the individuals and companies that donated items for the raffle and silent auction. Thanks to all the players who participated in pingolf and brawl, the game bringers, and everyone who just showed up to show their support for Toby and check out what it's all about. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people. Seriously, my mouth is sore from smiling so much and my stomach is sore from laughing so hard - I had so much fun!

#172 6 years ago

We had a great time this weekend, thanks to Hilton and Heidi for organizing, and thanks to everyone for bringing a bunch of awesome machines.

Also, Killer queen is awesome. What a perfect complement to pinball!

#173 6 years ago

Anyone have any photos?

I only took the ones beforehand.

#174 6 years ago

results have been submitted to IFPA. Should be up in a few days.

A little bummed that future MRP wont be IFPA sanctioned, but hoping that does not really matter for this event as this is really not about that.

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

results have been submitted to IFPA. Should be up in a few days.
    A little bummed that future MRP wont be IFPA sanctioned, but hoping that does not really matter for this event as this is really not about that.

Will definitely be an interesting experiment to see how it affects fundraising next year for sure. I realize the main purpose of the event is charity… but I guess I see it as a symbiotic relationship. The ability to be IFPA sanctioned certainly seemed to attract some top players this year. Would surely be nice if you can still raise funds AND give WPPR points.

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Would surely be nice if you can still raise funds AND give WPPR points.

I dont want to bring the whole discussion in here, but i will simply say that unless it is entirely free for this event to be IFPA sanctioned, then it will not be starting next year.

I agree that it would be cool to do so, but also refuse to pay a single dollar for a charity event to become sanctioned. I firmly believe this community cares more about giving back with pinball than they do about some ranking points. If I am wrong then I will be sad for the community and the event will cease to exist if it is not supported. All said, I really have faith in everyone/anyone that has supported the past 7 years that they will continue to do so. I think anyone that has been to the event knows what it is all about.

I can honestly say that every year at this time, I want to stop doing the event (it is draining and takes a lot), but then i remember why we do this and push on to make it better for next year. It always helps to have all the smiling faces of the community also. I think atleast 10 people on Saturday were already saying they were committed for next year and already looking forward to it. It just feels good to give back with pinball.

If the IFPA wants to waive the fee for this charity event then I would be happy to continue with it being sanctioned. That is all I will say on the matter.

#177 6 years ago

This was my first year taking part in MRP and I will definitely commit to taking part again next year. I'm not an IFPA player, so could care less. Personal opinion on that aside, MRP is about the community and after taking part and seeing how it affects someone within the community, I am in.

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont want to bring the whole discussion in here, but i will simply say that unless it is entirely free for this event to be IFPA sanctioned, then it will not be starting next year.
    I agree that it would be cool to do so, but also refuse to pay a single dollar for a charity event to become sanctioned. I firmly believe this community cares more about giving back with pinball than they do about some ranking points. If I am wrong then I will be sad for the community and the event will cease to exist if it is not supported. All said, I really have faith in everyone/anyone that has supported the past 7 years that they will continue to do so. I think anyone that has been to the event knows what it is all about.
    I can honestly say that every year at this time, I want to stop doing the event (it is draining and takes a lot), but then i remember why we do this and push on to make it better for next year. It always helps to have all the smiling faces of the community also. I think atleast 10 people on Saturday were already saying they were committed for next year and already looking forward to it. It just feels good to give back with pinball.
    If the IFPA wants to waive the fee for this charity event then I would be happy to continue with it being sanctioned. That is all I will say on the matter.

I'll participate every year I can whether it is IFPA sanctioned or not! Too much fun not to. Plus it's a great way to raise a lot of cash for charity and help out friends and family of our local pinball community!

#179 6 years ago

I had a great time this year (as always), and am truly amazed at how the entire community comes together every year to keep this great charity tournament going strong! I'm definitely in for next year! Even if I can't participate in the tournament, I'll find a way to get a game there to play.

Over $5K raised for charity from a pinball event is incredible, and everyone who participated in any way can feel good about what's been accomplished!! I personally felt this year ran smoother than all previous years. Great trophies, great raffles, great people, great cause. Huge thanks to everyone that participated in any way in this tournament! Coordinating everything is no small task for an event like this, so I'd like to also extend an extra well-earned Thank You to Hilton for organizing and keeping this running year after year!

#180 6 years ago

thanks Sean.

I appreciate the kind words but this event really is 100% community run.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks Sean.
    I appreciate the kind words but this event really is 100% community run.

Credit where credit is due, man. You a ton, if not all, of the legwork.

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2017-sept-22-23/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.