Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PANO_20170923_092422.jpg
    IMG_1281 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1276 (resized).JPG
    1506168457084-364438922 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    getinmybelly (resized).png

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 7 years ago

Just wanted to confirm and post up the date now so people can plan accordingly as you book out league events.
    This first post will be updated as planning happens.

Mad Rollin Pinball will be back for its 6th? year. LARGEST charity pinball event in the region. PinGolf and Team Brawl competitions. Over 24 games available for play.

We raised Over $2500 for charity each of the past 2 years and this really is a fun way to give back with pinball!

Registration for teams and individuals will open on May 21st

Game Bringer list is below.

1. Hilton > 2 games (Andromeda and Airborne/ or TnA if it is ready? and JM)
    2. Tully > 2 games (TAF and Robocop)
    3. KingPin > 3 or possibly 4 games (DI, WOZ, TH, Dominos)
    4. Art > 2 games (Victory and Monopoly)
    5. Dave B > 1 game (Avatar)
    6. Garrett > 1 game (mustang)
    7. Tim E > 1 game
    8. Todd E > 1 game (POTC?)
    9. Andre/Arkuz > 1 game (A13)
    10. Tom G > 1 game (ACDC)
    11. Noah K > 1 game (Alien Poker)
    12. Mike S > 1 game (EBC)
    13. Chris and Chateen > 1 game (GB)
    14. Jon Z > 1 game (Tommy or JP)
    15. Nick S > 1 game (WCS)
    16. Mark S > 1 game (Mousin)
    17. Mike W > 1 game (EBD)
    18. Quy > 1 game (TS)
    19. Sean S > 1 game (4milBC)
    20. Yancy > 1 game (Magic)

#3 7 years ago

All the best, Hilton!! I love that you do this for charity. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to make it.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All the best, Hilton!! I love that you do this for charity. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to make it.

how about this year Bryan???? You have 8 months to plan. I will even buy the first spotted cow and shot of Geritol.

Would love to have you along for the fun. If you can't make it but have something to donate to the charity raffle we are always looking for more great prizes. The raffle is a large part of what helps build the charity fund each year. Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

#5 7 years ago

I am actually off that weekend! Put me down for one game.
    Thanks Chad

#6 7 years ago

You can put me down for at least one.

#raven and I'll donate it to be raffled again.

I was thinking $20 with 50 ticket max or $10 with 100 ticket max.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pfcjimmy:

You can put me down for at least one.
    Raven and I'll donate it to be raffled again.
    I was thinking $20 with 50 ticket max or $10 with 100 ticket max.

Thanks for the donation and sweet that we will have at least 1 game for the donation/raffle pool!

#8 7 years ago

I'll plan to bring 2.

#9 7 years ago

thanks to all that have already commited to helping by bringing a game, or 2, or 3, or even more!

you guys rock!

#10 7 years ago

I'll bring a game!

#11 7 years ago

bump for eyes

#12 7 years ago

Another bump. This is a fun tournament for a great cause. The format makes for a pretty casual experience. The rules are very transparent, so it takes away from the value of knowing the rules of every game in fine detail. It really helps to level the field.

A family friend of mine was the recipient of the 2016 MRP charity. It helped her and her family tremendously while she continues to fight cancer. There have been other charity events held in her honor, but all participants were typically friends or family. This was put on by strangers, and filled to the brim with participants with donations from volunteers and vendors. She was overwhelmed that a community like ours would go out of their way to help someone they barely knew.

Thanks again to the community for helping to support Sara and her family in 2016. I look forward to doing what I can to help out another family or cause in 2017!

#13 7 years ago

thanks Dave!!!

Safe to assume you will help with sponsor prize stuff again?

#14 7 years ago

added another game bringer spot to the list.

#15 7 years ago

Just noticed this thread! Funny, but I don't recall signing a "self renewing game bringer unless we receive a registered letter 90 days prior to renewal date so you're gonna bring a game like it or not contract!"

Thank goodness I'm self-registered somehow... One less thing to worry about! Always glad to bring a couple of games to help out!!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Just noticed this thread! Funny, but I don't recall signing a "self renewing game bringer unless we receive a registered letter 90 days prior to renewal date so you're gonna bring a game like it or not contract!"
    Thank goodness I'm self-registered somehow... One less thing to worry about! Always glad to bring a couple of games to help out!!

LOL. I just already know you will help out Tully! Hopefully you and Devin can also play this year!

THANKS

#17 7 years ago

bump. Anyone else want to commit to a game before I send out emails later this week?

2 weeks later
    #18 7 years ago

bump. Anyone else want to commit to bringing a game and not on the list?

I will get my stuff together soon and send out emails, but wanted to give the opportunity here first.

1 month later
    #19 7 years ago

Bump for a reminder.

This is a premier event that you dont want to miss! More and more people opt to travel in for it each year and it will sell out. The sure fire way to secure a spot for you and your team is to commit to bringing a game.

24plus great playing and often rare titles. 100% for charity. Big IFPA points. GREAT times and a really special vibe to this whole event (I am of course a bit biased but that is the feedback form others).

#20 7 years ago

Bumpity bump.

LTG : )

#21 7 years ago

15 games committed. Anyone else want to commit?

#22 7 years ago

I'm good for 1 game, looking forward to it!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

I'm good for 1 game, looking forward to it!

awesome! Glad you are going to make it up.

As a heads up, we do a pre-party for those that bring games on Friday night. Basically, load in is Friday starting at 11am. We try to have all the games set up and dialed in by 5pm. Then I buy food and beer as a thanks for those that bring games to support and we do a little warm up tourney for all the supporters. When it gets closer I will send emails out to all the game bringers, but wanted to give you a heads up now since this will be your first time.

cheers!

1 week later
    #24 7 years ago

Put me down for one game.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Put me down for one game.

thanks Tom!

Really appreciated as always!

We now have room for 3-6ish more pins.

2 months later
    #26 6 years ago

bumping this now that MGC is over.

I plan to ramp stuff up and get registration open in early May. In order to do that, I need to solidify the final game bringer slots.

We could use 3-6 more decks, so please post up if you can commit to bring a game. Keep in mind that there are lots of perks for those that bring games which include; special prize raffle, entry into Friday pre-party and competition, pre-party beers and za, the knowledge that you are integral in making the largest charity pinball event in the region a thing.

#27 6 years ago

so i can do a spooky / jjp line up if you like.

Wizard of Oz
    The Hobbit
    Dialed in (most likely have it by then)

America's Most Haunted
    Rob Zombie
    Dominos
    Alice Cooper (if out by then)

I will most likely NOT be bringing any machines to sell this year unless someone is looking for something specific.

let me know

christopher

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

so i can do a spooky / jjp line up if you like.
    Wizard of Oz
    The Hobbit
    Dialed in (most likely have it by then)
    America's Most Haunted
    Rob Zombie
    Dominos
    Alice Cooper (if out by then)
    I will most likely NOT be bringing any machines to sell this year unless someone is looking for something specific.
    let me know
    christopher

sounds great KP! We will touch base when it gets closer. Would love to have a great JJP and Spooky line up. We will be sure to split them between the 2 pingolf courses. Any chance of your brother's game being ready in prototype phase for us to flip?

#29 6 years ago

added Noak K for a game

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Any chance of your brother's game being ready in prototype phase for us to flip?

OH! Tell me more...

#31 6 years ago

my brother is Eric. He is the lead designer for JJP #4. That is about all i can say at this point.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

my brother is Eric. He is the lead designer for JJP #4. That is about all i can say at this point.

That's awesome. I wasn't sure if Hilton was referring to a homebrew or something like that.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

OH! Tell me more...

you gonna make it back this year?

#34 6 years ago

added Mike S to game list!

thanks mike!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

is this the year old man Kelly comes to Madison to hang out >????

we have LOTS of beer!

#36 6 years ago

added Chris and Chateen to the list for bringing a game!

#37 6 years ago

jon z added to the list!

thanks Jon Z!

#38 6 years ago

looking for 4 more solid game commitments and then we can officially open registration.

Lets get this locked down this next week

#39 6 years ago

Mark and Ian are in again!

thanks guys!

#40 6 years ago

Put me down for one. Nice to finally have a pin hauler...about time I support the cause!

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Put me down for one. Nice to finally have a pin hauler...about time I support the cause!

awesome and happy to have you!!!

#42 6 years ago

added Mike W! Thanks Mike!!!

We can fit 1 more game slot (maybe 2?)

Please confirm with me ASAP if you are committed.

#43 6 years ago

Any shirts for purchase that go towards this awesome charity event?

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

Any shirts for purchase that go towards this awesome charity event?

we typically look for a volunteer artist willing to donate some time towards the design cause.

We always give them a bunch of shirts/pints printed up with the design as 'payment' Last year Scott Gullicks was kind enough to make an awesome shirt!

We dont have an artist yet this year but would love if somebody is interested in helping. I have lots of old files to work off of and incorporate logo stuff from the past few years.

Please reach out if anyone wants to help. Also, thanks for the reminder that I need to get shirts squared away!

#45 6 years ago

bump

let's get the last game slot filled

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is this the year old man Kelly comes to Madison to hang out >????
    we have LOTS of beer!

Sounds like a trap to me.

#47 6 years ago

Whysnow PM sent.

1 week later
    #48 6 years ago

I have all the games locked down now.

Hoping to get updates on the website sometime this week and will plan to open registration on May 20th or 21st (assuming I can get stuff in order)

#49 6 years ago

A note from Tim Enders concerning the selected person/charity for this years event

"Hello Friends, Supporters, and Pinball Enthusiasts,

I have known my first cousin Toby as far back as I can remember. He is my dad’s

sisters son. Toby is now the Principal and Athletic Director at North Crawford High

School in Western Wisconsin.

Teaching is not a job to Toby it is a way to guide lives. It surely is not a 9 to 5 job, as

evidenced by the many parents and students that I have spoken with over the years,

who just rave about how Toby has changed their and their chidren’s lives.

Now we have an opportunity to change Toby’s life in a small, but impactful way.

Toby has been diagnosed and treated for a rare form of blood cancer called

Plasmacytoma, in which he has received radiation treatments, as well as hip surgery

on March 7, 2017.

It is painfully obvious that cancer can affect any and all of us and it probably has.

Toby is 6’4 265lbs give or take a few Tripper’s burgers(His mom and my aunt’s bar).

He also played professional basketball in Europe. He is one of the funniest people I

have ever met. He has made everyone’s life around him much better. Toby is also an

incredible writer and poet. Toby has some of the best stories you will ever hear and

family is the most important thing in the world to Toby. That includes his wife Jessa,

his two children , daughter Evelyn and son Benedict. His parents Geoff, Nancy, and

his brother Travis. As well as all of his extended family, including myself and all of

our cousins and the tons of friends Toby has.

I want to thank Hilton Jones for organizing and running this great pinball

tournament year in and year out. It takes a ton of work that not everyone might see.

Not only is it the best pinball tournament in the Midwest it is for the best cause! I

also want to thank all of the game bringers in particular. It is a major commitment

for you to move and have your games ready for play. I also want to thank the

participants and anyone and everyone involved with Madrollin. YOU make this

whole thing possible.

Let’s do everything we can to knock out this terrible disease using your forearm or

whatever else you need to…

Thanks tons for your generous hearts,

Tim Enders"

#50 6 years ago

bump for eyes so people know registration opens soonish

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2017-sept-22-23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.