(Topic ID: 155789)

Mad Rollin Pinball 2016 >> over $3600 raised for Sara!

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image(4)_(resized).png
    image(4)_(resized).png
    image(3)_(resized).png
    image(2)_(resized).png
    image(1)_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Forget those. He's bringing Radical to the show, I'm calling it.

Did you find one for me to buy?

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Skateball would be cool. I love the backglass with the guy having the weird muppet glove.

I second SKATEBALL!

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

I second SKATEBALL!

Art, what are you bringing?

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

I second SKATEBALL!

Ok. Ill try to get skateball ready.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Art, what are you bringing?

Flash Gordon. I was just working on it this morning actually.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Did you find one for me to buy?

No, but I have faith in your tenacity to find one in time. No pressure though...

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Well, I was thinking about bringing Melody, but some people were complaining that they were experiencing an unexpected elevated electric potential while playing it.
    Right now, my plan is to bring Harlem Globetrotters.

it was pretty shocking experience fishpaper is your friend.

1 week later
    #108 7 years ago

Last minute drop out by Dru (has to work)
    which means we have 1 team slot available.

please let me know ASAP if you want it.

Given the format of the event, there will not be any walk ups and I need to use seeding to place people into golf courses this week. In other words, get at me NOW if you want in.

#109 7 years ago

bump to see if anyone wants the team slot. If not reserved soon then I will lock it down with one less team as I need to get starting brackets all filled out.

#110 7 years ago

current game list

1. Hilton - 2 games Frontier and TBD in the next week
    2. Mark - MonsterBash?
    3. Garrett - Mustang
    4. Sean -1 > Socerer
    5. KingPin - 4 > AMH, METLE, WOZLE, THLE
    6. Eric S - 1
    7. Tom G -1 > Dirty Harry
    8. Tully -2 Tag Team and Black Rose
    9. Art - Flash
    10. Chris&Chateen - 1
    11. Mike W - 1 > Creech
    12. Mike S - 1 > WoF
    13. Jon Z - 1 Harlem Globetrotters
    14. SteveS and Doot - 1
    15. Dave B -XM pro
    16. Jimmy L -TWD

All the regular ALT games which include
    BIg Indian, GB, HS2, DM, JBOT, JM, ATL, SST

#111 7 years ago

Eric> can you bring something besides Harlem as that is what Jon Z is bringing.

Methos > Jimmy is bringging a TWD so I put you down for MB currently. Please let me know if that changes.

#112 7 years ago

Email has been sent to all people bringing games.

If you have not gotten it then please reach out to me ASAP.

#113 7 years ago

last chance to sign up is today!

I am finalizing all the prework this weekend.

#114 7 years ago

Curious to hear thoughts form people on a nice but used pin as a raffle prize.

I recently picked up a game with a value of ~$800 (that is what it cost me) and it is solid playing and good condition.

I was thinking of doing a dedicated raffle just for that (seperate from the main raffle with all the prizes from sponsors).
    Sell only 25 tickets at $50 per ticket. This would bring in another $450 for the charity, assuming we can sell 25 tickets.

thoughts?
    1. What do you think about opening it up to Pinside for some raffle ticket sales?
    2. Do you think we could get 25 tickets sold just in the 80 players at the event?

Just trying to find other ways to bring in funds for the charity. I thought I had a playboy lined up but now it will liekly be a sweet 80b GTB game!

#115 7 years ago

bump

#116 7 years ago

I like the idea of a dedicated raffle. If it were open to Pinside, I would prefer that those attending Mad Rollin got first dibs. Maybe open it up to Pinside at noon or something if all 25 have not sold.

#117 7 years ago

Been super busy lately still not sure what we'll bring but narrowed it down to Barbwire, Freddy, Shadow or BoP 1.0.
    Any input on witch of those would be appreciated.

Id buy a raffle ticket if it was a game I was somewhat interested in but I have no room so would pass if it wasn't up my alley.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Curious to hear thoughts form people on a nice but used pin as a raffle prize.
    I recently picked up a game with a value of ~$800 (that is what it cost me) and it is solid playing and good condition.
    I was thinking of doing a dedicated raffle just for that (seperate from the main raffle with all the prizes from sponsors).
    Sell only 25 tickets at $50 per ticket. This would bring in another $450 for the charity, assuming we can sell 25 tickets.
    thoughts?
    1. What do you think about opening it up to Pinside for some raffle ticket sales?
    2. Do you think we could get 25 tickets sold just in the 80 players at the event?
    Just trying to find other ways to bring in funds for the charity. I thought I had a playboy lined up but now it will liekly be a sweet 80b GTB game!

depends on the machine.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

Been super busy lately still not sure what we'll bring but narrowed it down to Barbwire, Freddy, Shadow or BoP 1.0.
    Any input on witch of those would be appreciated.
    Id buy a raffle ticket if it was a game I was somewhat interested in but I have no room so would pass if it wasn't up my alley.

I would prefer BOP. We have never had one at MRP.

Freddy could be very cool also!

#120 7 years ago

I'm working on a Meteor and if I can finish it in time, I'll bring it. Otherwise, I'll bring Frankenstein.

#121 7 years ago

Heidi is in need of a partner.

Please message me if you know of anyone that is interested in playing next Saturday.

#122 7 years ago

The time has come. We can load in games starting now.

Please message/txt/call me when you want to drop off your game and I will meet you there.

Alt is open from 3-9pm each day this week. I will be there by 10am on Friday.

This is a nice benefit of having the event at Alt >> easy load in and a wide window for load in and out!

#123 7 years ago

4 loaded in yesterday. Loading a few more in this evening. LMK if you also want to load in early and I will happily meet you at Alt.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Otherwise, I'll bring Frankenstein.

I'll be brining Frankenstein to Mad Rollin. I'll have it for sale too, $2400. See you guys on Friday.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I'll be brining Frankenstein to Mad Rollin. I'll have it for sale too, $2400. See you guys on Friday.

awesome and thanks!

#126 7 years ago

I am heading over to AltBrew now. See all you game bringers throughout the day.

Best way to reach me today is via phone if you need me.

Bring extension cords

#127 7 years ago

Im about to head out on my drive from Chicago to Madison. Since Im not going to the party tonight, I wondered if anybody had any suggestions of things to do on the drive up or in Madison? Preferably pinball related?

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I wondered if anybody had any suggestions of things to do on the drive up or in Madison? Preferably pinball related?

Once you're in Madison, check out Pooley's on the east side (AFM, TWD, KISS and TAF) or Schwoegler's on the west side (Full Throttle, GoT Prem, IJ (WMS), SMVE, ST Pro, SP, IM, and a handful of older titles in the bar area)

#130 7 years ago

total raised for Sara was $3668. There will likely be a little more as I sell some of the remaining shirts/pints and still waiting on AltBrew to return from vacation to find out the amount donated from beer sales.

BIG THANKS to everyone that helped out and made this another great event. Being able to do this for a family in need is one of the highlights of my entire year!

#131 7 years ago

Thanks again for a fun day Hilton, Heidi, and all who helped! Great work raising funds for a good cause!

#132 7 years ago

Huge thanks again to Hilton, Heidi, Alt Brew, and everyone that came out to support the cause! Sara was blown away at the turnout and efforts to raise money for her and her family.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2016-officially-on/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.