Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 270 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1917.jpg
    IMG_1916.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    MRP_2015_Donation_to_CCC.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    pinball_anger_chair.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3639.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 8 years ago

it was a good time. I liked the new format and the integration with the pingolf. Still think putting everything on 5 ball and maxing out at 6 gives a little more diversity with the scores. Pingolf is very tricky to find that sweet spot between too hard and too easy. Something that takes many hours to fine tune.

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

I'm so impressed with everything I just read on his thread about this year's MRP tourney!
    Really wish I could have made it. Congrats to everyone who brought games and helped during the tourney to make the event such a success. And high-fives to the winners.
    Hopefully next year I can fly back for MRP...or maybe we'll just have to move back to Madison.
    Once again, well done Hilton.
    Your passion for pinball and overall generosity knows no bounds.

About the only thing that could have made Madrollin better would be an appearance by Ran... Miss you buddy! Hope Jersey is treating you well!

#253 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sat down and totaled everything up. Total came out to $3598 with donations for entry, shirt sales, raffle, and side event entries.

Wow, almost $3600 is insanely impressive!! This goes towards a great cause, and it'll certainly be put to good use. Everyone that participated at every level (organizers, sponsors, game bringers, participants, venue, etc...) can be very proud of this!!

Every year, the machines that come to this just keep getting better and better. The quality of games at this event was the best yet, and I REALLY enjoy seeing what people have done to their games and playing on tables that I would almost never get to play otherwise! Not just playing the games, but learning some new rules, chatting with the regulars and meeting new players is always something I look forward to. Getting to do it all for a greater purpose makes it even better!

#254 8 years ago

I had a great time. I really liked that the event moved along this year. I think most people appreciate things wrapping up by at least 7pm. I disagree with Neo (sorry, Neo), I really think the 3-ball max helped to move things along. Tom did a great job to make sure the goals were fair (thanks, Tom!). In the end, the usual suspects qualified for the individual tournament. Moving it to 12 games for the qualifying round felt right. I got a chance to play with not only my brother, but Jimmy and Brian who were a lot of fun to play with. I love a group that helps each other out, and doesn't take things too seriously.

The individual part of the tourney helped to break things up. Melissa promptly knocked me out in the first round by putting up a 2 on Mousin' Around, and then acing Diner. That was an impressive way to lose, well done!

The team event did a nice job at capping off the night. We didn't do too well, but it was still fun to play, and even more fun to see Charlie and Bug take the A-division championship! I honestly thought it was over when they had to face Jason and Art, and then I definitely thought it was over when Jason put up something near 40m on Diner (most of it in B1). It was impressive to see them persevere, and probably the most noteworthy event of the weekend to me. Congrats!

I also loved watching Tim and Mike S battle it out for the individual championship. It's great to see a respectful rivalry between two friends. It's no coincidence these guys are near the top of every event - I think they're world class players.

Thanks to Hilton and the other organizers for putting on the event. Thanks to Chris M (Kingpin) for putting out some of the best raffle prizes ever! Chris brings a ton of games to not only this event, but also to MGC every single year. If you're not hungover from MGC right now, you can thank Chris for bringing 8,000 bottles of water. Thanks to Maya for the trophies, that was no small task. Thanks to Geno who's always around to help out, and the same with Chris (jediturtle) who's also a pathological helper.

There are really too many people to thank, but overall thanks to all of the game bringers, and for all of the people that just make great company!

#255 8 years ago

Donation made online just now.

Feels very good to be able to do this. You should all feel very good also!
    MRP 2015 Donation to CCC.jpgMRP 2015 Donation to CCC.jpg

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Chris (jediturtle) who's also a pathological helper.
    There are really too many people to thank, but overall thanks to all of the game bringers, and for all of the people that just make great company!

Thanks for the shout-out, but I can take absolutely zero credit for anything on this one. I was just a last minute substitute player. I will echo your thanks to all the other guys though...those guys all busted butt and it showed in a fantastic day!

#257 8 years ago

It just shows we have a great community of guys who are willing to help out, bring games, play pinball and help a good cause. Cheers to everyone!

#258 8 years ago

It was a wonderful tournament/event and great crowd as always. I was stoked for Tim, Mike, and the Spooky crew on their victories! Along with the tournament, the menu at Pooley's has also gotten better every year

See ya again in 2016 for another fun round!

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

OK guys that were not there... I appreciate your 'concern' over the chair,

glad you used quotes. there was no concern on my part but i do like to call out bad behavior when i hear about it. I wasn't trying to bash your event. Great job Hilton and crew.

#260 8 years ago

Finally have a chance to upload photos from the event. Enjoy!

The A BankThe A Bank
    The A Bank, including WOOLY!The A Bank, including WOOLY!
    SwagSwag
    Awesome handcrafted metal trophies - made by Maya!Awesome handcrafted metal trophies - made by Maya!
    More swag!More swag!
    The B BankThe B Bank
    The B Bank, including AMHThe B Bank, including AMH

#261 8 years ago

Great pics Sean!

#262 8 years ago

what the hell happened to that green, Pinball Zombies from Beyond the grave shirt when it was raffle time? That shit was missing during prize time.

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what the hell happened to that green, Pinball Zombies from Beyond the grave shirt when it was raffle time? That shit was missing during prize time.

Prize hog? I sense a conspiracy!

#264 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Those were part of the freebie table along with a few other things that were available (a few people really wanted those shirts I guess and actually made some large donations for each). Still have lots of flyers for games if anyone wants any. Spooky keychains also got snapped up quickly along with the free spooky lanyards. Everyone loved all the great prizes and feebies from Spooky.

#265 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Spooky sent me some shirts (5 I think) that I will raffle at next Saturday's tourney. I believe there was a Zombie's from Beyond the grave shirt. So I am saying there is a chance!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I believe there was a Zombie's from Beyond the grave shirt. So I am saying there is a chance!

is it a Medium?

#268 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is it a Medium?

It maybe.

#269 8 years ago

great, then it would fit me!

just sayin...

#270 8 years ago

Congrats on a great event Hilton. Nice donation.

Looking forward to competing next year. Well showing up at least. I really never compete.

There are 270 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2015-official-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.