Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Kwoody51
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190511-212859_1.jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Normally I check criagslist multiple times a day except this last Friday I didn’t do it until end of the day... what did I see?! A Williams IJ for $5k!!!!

Yep you read that correctly $5k for a Williams’s IJ and it had no cabinet fade and playfield looked great.

Of course I emailed them but posting had been up for 5 hours. Sent another email Sat morning and then posting was done.

Someone got s smokin’ deal and i’m mad it wasn’t me! I’m telling myself the boards were probably bad and the plastics were all cracked... but I doubt it.

Sometime life gets in the way of finding a deal!!!

#2 4 years ago

You'll thank yourself later.

#3 4 years ago

LOL. Sterns IJ for $5K? Consider yourself lucky not pissed....

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

You'll thank yourself later.

Yeah, it sucks. One of the most disappointing pins I've ever played

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kwoody51:

Normally I check criagslist multiple times a day

Why? CL will email you immediately with the results of any search you want.

#6 4 years ago

I saw a Stern IJ at pinfest last weekend for less than that, and I don't think I saw it sell.

I wouldn't consider it a "smoking deal". You didn't miss much.

The Williams IJ is the desirable one. These days, $5k is a bargain for that version.

#7 4 years ago

Pretty sure you’re referring to the Wms IJ that was posted for $5k on Friday. Also posted on Facebook, so I’m sure the deal went super quickly. By the time I reached out it was too late.

#8 4 years ago

Not really a great deal . The game is fine but you really didn’t miss out on a great deal . At $5k price was actually a bit high.

#9 4 years ago

My bad... I meant Williams IJ.

Now tell me I shouldn’t feel mad

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Pretty sure you’re referring to the Wms IJ that was posted for $5k on Friday. Also posted on Facebook, so I’m sure the deal went super quickly. By the time I reached out it was too late.

Yes this is the one!

Someone tell me how to get CL to email me immediately after a post. I’ve setup alerts but they are typically hours if not a day delayed.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kwoody51:

My bad... I meant Williams IJ.
    Now tell me I shouldn’t feel mad

I sterns think you should be angry.

#12 4 years ago

Williams IJ is a different story ,$5k would be a good price for that in today’s market ,but still no reason to be upset .

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Williams IJ is a different story ,$5k would be a good price for that in today’s market ,but still no reason to be upset .

I hear you... it’s just that I’ve been looking for over a year. To have one pop up 20 miles from home at a rockin’ price and miss out is frustrating.

I know there will be other deals

#14 4 years ago

I missed it as well, but sure won’t be losing sleep over it. I hope whoever bought it enjoys it and pays the good deal forward.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

I missed it as well, but sure won’t be losing sleep over it. I hope whoever bought it enjoys it and pays the good deal forward.

That’s the right way to think about it!

Good to know I wasn’t the only Pinsider trying to pick this up

Also figured out how to enable Craigslist email notifications...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-at-myself-missed-a-deal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.