(Topic ID: 51321)

MAD Amusements - you are the worst company in the USA!

By bobsafcom

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 204 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by ballerbradley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
download.jpg
th_3518879703.jpg
willywonka_genewilder.jpg
images-4.jpeg
image.jpg
Mad_Amusement_Order.png
oh-a-piece-of-candy-o.gif
Mike_Seuss_1.jpg
Post_History.jpg

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I just got my Indiana Jones ramp this week. I've recently purchased a TAF ramp. And a whole slew of other parts. Still no problems at all.
In fact, I purchased a plastic for my STTNG and he E-Mailed me saying he had been notified in the past that the color was slightly off and wanted to make sure I was aware of it and ok with it before he sent it.
Here is what he wrote me:
"Thank you for your order. The STTNG Ferengi Jackpot plastic is a silkscreened reproduction. Although we have sold many without any complaints, we did have a few customers mention that the colors have differences when compared to the original. Since we were notified about this, we are asking each customer if they feel it will be a problem before we process the order. Our website has accurate pictures of every item.
Assuming you would like to proceed with the order as it is, there are multiple shipping options available. How would you like the plastic
shipped?"
That's customer service.

I got that exact same copy-pasta over some Bullwinkle plastics I ordered. I went ahead and ordered them anyway, and indeed the colors were way off on some of the plastics. I took the time to scan in both the originals and the reproductions, and then mailed him links to my pics. No response. I then realized that he himself didn't really care either way, and that I would need to track down whatever 3rd party had made them. Thankfully I found some NOS plastics and didn't have to use the off-color repros.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I always pay him using Paypal, and I always get a refund on shipping. This is getting a little crazy, Mad does business with thousands of different people, and they are happy with their order and the shipping, then a handful of guys come come along and bash the guy. I for one will keep buying from him.

A handful of guys you say. I don't think so. You are only hearing from guys that are actually on this forum. If it was one guy I would call it an isolated incident. When there are numerous guys who basically have had the same experience with this jerk, their stories are almost word for word, then there is an obvious problem. I am sure if it was you that was down $1000 or treated as poorly as many of us have, then you would be singing a different tune.

Search MAD Amusements and see how many threads there are on the disgusting way this guy treats customers. Surely the alarm bells have to start ringing don't they.

6 months later
#203 5 years ago

I ordered $500 of parts for overseas delivery in March. I was asked to pay extra shipping costs (which I fully understand for an overseas order and it does state this on their website) which I have paid. Its now mid May and I'm not getting any response to emails or telephone calls and the products haven't been shipped....

4 years later
#204 6 months ago

Mad amusements (aka pinball parts on eBay (now banned on amazon) is up to the same old abuse!!!
2019 ...had to add my experience

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside