(Topic ID: 51321)

MAD Amusements - you are the worst company in the USA!

By bobsafcom

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
download.jpg
th_3518879703.jpg
willywonka_genewilder.jpg
images-4.jpeg
image.jpg
Mad_Amusement_Order.png
oh-a-piece-of-candy-o.gif
Mike_Seuss_1.jpg
Post_History.jpg
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

I've ordered thousands of $$$ worth of stuff from Mike.

I've never had a problem.

Mike is a great guy to deal with.

#52 10 years ago

My son always looks forward to Mad Amusement packages. Always a little treat inside. I will continue to order from Mike . Never a disappointment .. Jr

#53 10 years ago

yea, ive never had a problem. lol plus i got a gummy pizza last time!

#54 10 years ago

Ive ordered from MAD twice, not a problem either time.

#55 10 years ago

Canada is about 1/10th the population of the US so I guess the sales are not enough for him to give a shit. My only gripe is that I waited for an email response about my cancellation for over a week before ordering somewhere else.

Wonder how many customers he has in Europe? Thought it would be enough business to figure out how to properly fill out a customs form.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

yea, ive never had a problem. lol plus i got a gummy pizza last time!

You don't understand...the gummy pizza IS the problem. =)

(Man, that stuff is...interesting).

#57 10 years ago

I know a great place for some candy hotdogs.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Post history:
(Might be time to branch out to other topics, bub).

Nah, he mixed things up with that Bugs Bunny thread.

#59 10 years ago

You guys don't eat those things, do you? They are actually desiccant bags designed
to stop corrosion.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guys don't eat those things, do you? They are actually desiccant bags designed
to stop corrosion.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What's the "dwang?"
The use doesn't seem to fit these definitions:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dwang

image.jpgimage.jpg

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

to stop corrosion.

Classic!

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Can we get a roll-call of people in the US who still buy from Mad Amusements? We can call them the "Fuck you, got mine" crew

I buy from Mad every week. Rather than react to rumors and heresay, I'll let my own experiences dictate my actions. They treat me well so I'll do business there.

#64 10 years ago

I have ordered from Mad a few times, always got what I ordered and the orders were shipped out to me fast.

Even look forward to what candy treat I am getting on each order!

#65 10 years ago

My orders from MAD were always accurate and quickly shipped.

I've got some friends who had bad experiences - real people I've talked to and some of which I've met at Pinball Expo - and he crapped on them.

He lost my business. He isn't losing any sleep over it I'm sure. It's OK, I'll either get what I need elsewhere, or I'll do without.

#66 10 years ago

blahabay blah. WOZ! MAD! MET! Jersey Jack! Gary! just play pinball.

#67 10 years ago

Im not a fan of Mike at all, personnaly, but I can think of a good reason that he may be this way and if so, i agree with him. With so much fraud going on around the world, as a seller, you have no leg to stand on when dealing with international buyers. And as a seller, it can get very costly.

If you take payment through paypal or credit card, you will not win a case if there is a chargeback because tracking doesnt work in many countries or is not even available. So if you sell a part for 20, cost 25 to ship international, if a charge back happens, your out 45 plus fees. I know myself, that there are some countries that are even worse than others. I wont ship anything to France because ive had too many fraud issues with shipping thier. I know that it is unfair to many customers that are honest and good people. But there is no way to know who is good or bad via email.

#68 10 years ago

Used them on numerous occasions without a hitch...And if they have the parts I need I will continue to do so.

p

#69 10 years ago

MA rocks...never had an issue. Plus my kids always want me to go to Mike because he includes candy in his shipments. I am sorry the foreign orders have issues with payment/shipping. That is a real bummer.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Post history:
(Might be time to branch out to other topics, bub).

LOL. Sonned, dunned and hot crossed bunned.

#71 10 years ago

AMERICA! F*** YEAH!

*except for Robin. This website rocks.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#72 10 years ago

I have ordered a number of things from MAD and I can say that I never had any issues with the company at all....Actually the products that I have ordered come very quickly and even get a credit back for shipping....

#73 10 years ago

Maybe Mike was a waiter and he remembers how people from Durban tip.

#74 10 years ago

The fact that Mike at Mad usually provides good customer service to U.S. customers,
but then with some intl customers the service is ok, but poor with other intl customers,
makes me think that he has been burned/robbed by some bad intl people in the past.
And thus, probably requires orders to be placed correctly as per his/Mad's terms before he will process the intl order.
For example, earlier in this thread I saw a post where it was explained that the billing address and the shipping address must match up. I wonder if this could account for why some intl orders have languished in the past.

I have no inside knowledge or affiliation, just was thinking about this, as I have read through this thread and a couple other similar Mad threads in the past year or two.

And yes, I am one that has ordered from Mad in the past (about a yr or two ago I believe, possibly longer ago?), and I received items promptly with no problems.

#75 10 years ago

Mad Amusements is a reputable company, the op is some guy trashing a business on a public forum. If you are unhappy with Mad Amusements then just stop dealing with them. I however will ignore the OP's "advice" and continue to shop there.

#76 10 years ago

Mad is top notch all the way. Do us all a favor and don't come here to complain and order your parts from someone else.

#77 10 years ago

I think no reason at all is a little false after seeing post history examples. You think maybe they are a pinside member and do not like being bashed every other week?

Just a thought.

Hope you have better luck in the future I have never had an issue.

#78 10 years ago

Even, if most of the posts here are positive, I still insists that his communication is not the way I would expect. I'm always open for explanations, but he has not given any. He only said: "If you do not want to do it my way, we will not make business". This is the only experience I have with him and this is the reason, why I will currently not order from him (I may, if he is the only place to get a specific part, but I would use a solution with somebody in the US sending it to Europe). Maybe he does not need customers from outside the US/Canada, but I want him to know, that the way he communicates, is not helping to create confidence in his shop. That's all. In the end it is his business and he can drive it like he wants.

#79 10 years ago

I don't think the mentality of Mike is that does not need customers outside of the US afterall we all want more business, what I think he is tired of international shippings where customers claim items never arrived and the good o'l paypal charge back where now Mike is out the items and cash.

#80 10 years ago

Like anyone could possibly know that...

#81 10 years ago

I don't think some people get it, if you buy here in the US, you will most likely get what you need, overseas, maybe not, but for people in the US to keep posting how they never had a problem makes you think they don't know how to read.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I don't think some people get it, if you buy here in the US, you will most likely get what you need, overseas, maybe not, but for people in the US to keep posting how they never had a problem makes you think they don't know how to read.

I think we get it.

As I said in my post, if I were an international buyer, I'd stay clear of MAD. It's got a known history and track record in that regard.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I think we get it.
As I said in my post, if I were an international buyer, I'd stay clear of MAD. It's got a known history and track record in that regard.

Right, but some US people just keep posting about how their deal went smoothly, I think that's understood at this point.

#84 10 years ago

I only use them when they have something no one else has.That makes like 2 times total in 11 years of collecting.I prefer PBR,Marco,Bay Area.
The history behind MAD is the owner used to sell parts on RGP.Apparently folks had some problems getting their stuff and Mike got slammed pretty hard.Bad Seller alert posts and stuff like that.He retreated for a while then reemerged as MAD Amusements.Bottom line is when you have these kind of complaints it hurts the integrity of your business.Hopefully he can mend fences and improve his customer relations.I don't have an opinion either way cause I haven't really done that much purchasing with them,but I remember what went down on RGP and that really caused me to stay away and purchase the "common" stuff from others.Scott

#85 10 years ago

I think it goes both ways. If I order something from china on ebay, or I buy something on amazon that happens to be a chinese seller (and you wouldn't know unless you look very clearly), and I have an issue.. how quickly do you think they respond to my issue? How often do you think it really gets resolved? I'm spending less than $20 on an item, and paying little for shipping (in same cases, nothing). I actually got burned when he promised I would get my shipping cost refunded to me after I sent it back. yea I got my item, but never got reimbursed (it's not my fault you sent the wrong items). It would have been cheaper for both of us if I just sold what he sent me on ebay, and re-ordered from somewhere else.

I feel your pain, but I think this pretty much happens with any international shipping going either way, so don't take it out on Mad amusements. I honestly 2nd guess myself ordering from them because I read threads like this. Now I realize it's ONLY internatinal shipping issues. That hurts his US business, and that's not cool. I will continue to order from them.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I feel your pain, but I think this pretty much happens with any international shipping going either way, so don't take it out on Mad amusements.

I don't understand how this can happen with only one company. I have ordered from literally everyone else down south in the pin biz, and only this company has treated my order this way. BAA, Planetary, PBL, GLM, Marco, Cointaker, Pinball Bulbs, Pinball Decals, Little Shop of Games, Cliffy, ColorDMD, etc, etc, etc. All with no issues dealing and shipping international. And by international, I mean, living on the same continent within 3 hours drive of the US.

I vote with my wallet, never to order from MAD again. I make sure to warn all the Canucks I associate with. Calgary Pincade Show recently got burned after knowing about the issues yet ordering any way, under the assumption 'Hey, it won't happen to me, it was fine the last time.'

Add me to the club of 'Fool me once ...'

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Im not a fan of Mike at all, personnaly, but I can think of a good reason that he may be this way and if so, i agree with him. With so much fraud going on around the world, as a seller, you have no leg to stand on when dealing with international buyers. And as a seller, it can get very costly.

Case in point....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-new-argentina-scam-sergio-gustavo-luna-ring-leader

Look at the crap Pinbits has had to deal with. In the end he is out bumper caps and shipping and had a paypal chargeback from some guy who returns him messed up old targets to scam the process and not send back an 'empty box'.

#88 10 years ago

Don't you guys think this is a little strange to say the very least? Mike has always shipped my parts out the fastest of all the suppliers. Usually have them in a day or 2. Mad is a solid company and should be supported. F this guy!

#89 10 years ago

It is amusing the op starts this flaming thread with that scathing post and never chimes back in.

images-4.jpegimages-4.jpeg

#90 10 years ago

I buy parts from MAD, and they always arrive without issue. He often times will have the best price on something, such as a board or parts you can't get anywhere else.
For a long time his dmd price could not be beat. I believe it still is

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from bobsafcom:

MAD Amusements - you are the worst company in the USA!.

My vote is for Comcast a.k.a Xfinity

#92 10 years ago

My Lord,I've been away from Pinside for almost a year and Mike is still being grilled...

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I buy from Mad every week. Rather than react to rumors and heresay, I'll let my own experiences dictate my actions. They treat me well so I'll do business there.

Never had a problem myself. Sorry about you other guys, but I too judge by my own experience. I'm happy: ordering is easy, everything is well-packed, shipping is more than fair (I'm in the same state), and I get candy. I'll repeat: I never had a problem ... so I'll keep ordering. Period.

#94 10 years ago

Dealing with MAD is like tossing a coin. Please for God’s sake… Nobody can hide his head in the sand and pretend that everything is fine with him. There are just too much weird stories around him and as a Canadian I have to make a constant push on his back to make things happen. This said, I must confess that he has nice exclusive stuff and great prices but getting your stuff is quite hard. For me it's over with him. I prefer paying a little bit more but Marco and Bay Area are a much safer route.

#95 10 years ago

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you.

willywonka_genewilder.jpgwillywonka_genewilder.jpg

#96 10 years ago

Ok - so I bought a T2 recently with a bad DMD.

Despite the haters on these threads - I took a chance with MAD because of the prices. I was extremely satisfied with the lightning fast, professionally packaged shipping, the price, and unexpectedly found candy in my order when unpacking it. The DMD screen works perfectly and I will order from MAD again next time I need parts he carries.

I cannot speak to the issues others may have experienced, but my experience was great.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

» YouTube video

That was funny!

#98 10 years ago

Last time I read a thread like this it had a hook in it.

th_3518879703.jpgth_3518879703.jpg

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What's the "dwang?"
The use doesn't seem to fit these definitions:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dwang

It seems pretty clear we've actually been left inside of the immature, attention-whorish girl (see definition 1.) I'm pretty certain we're not inside an old man's penis.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

My Lord,I've been away from Pinside for almost a year and Mike is still being grilled...

You haven't missed anything, nobody here has figured out how to search for threads. It's the same recycled crap every month. Someone thinks their favorite band/movie/ celebrity deserves to have a pin built. Toss in all the "what pin should I buy" bs and that's pinside. Everyone seems to need to be assured they are making the correct decision, instead of deciding what they like best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-you-are-the-worst-company-in-the-usa/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.