(Topic ID: 51321)

MAD Amusements - you are the worst company in the USA!

By bobsafcom

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 204 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by ballerbradley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
download.jpg
th_3518879703.jpg
willywonka_genewilder.jpg
images-4.jpeg
image.jpg
Mad_Amusement_Order.png
oh-a-piece-of-candy-o.gif
Mike_Seuss_1.jpg
Post_History.jpg

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

I would like to add my voice to the 1000's of complaints directed at MAD!! Amusements. NEVER in all my years have I dealt with such an arrogant self righteous ***** !!!
I have a business to run, selling and restoring Pinball Machines, and when HE FEELS LIKE IT - I suddenly cant get hold of them, cant phone, cant email, cant use my credit card, cant buy on eBay cant do anything to do with MAD!!!. Yet if I open a NEW ACCOUNT using my wife's credit card and shipping address in SWITZERLAND!!!.. he accepts the order... I NOW KNOW WHERE THE NAME COMES FROM .... MAD!!... for some unknown - bizaaar reason, he has chosen to go to great lengths to cut me off his customer data base...along with 1000's other customers, for no reason whatsoever. LEAVING US IN THE DWANG!!! ... Message to you Mike..... ******* YOU!!!!

Post edited by blondetall : Please don't use all caps in the thread title.

#2 6 years ago

Are you HouseofPin?

#3 6 years ago

Post history:

(Might be time to branch out to other topics, bub).

Post_History.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Nothing like using this board to jeopardize a company's name by bashing them...
I've used MAD numerous times, and never had an issue.

#5 6 years ago

What's the "dwang?"

The use doesn't seem to fit these definitions:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dwang

Quoted from bobsafcom:

LEAVING US IN THE DWANG!!!

#6 6 years ago

As I understand it, MAD is like two different companies in regards to how it services customers.

There is the way US customers are treated (top notched), and the history of international treatment.

There has to be some reason for this, and while I'm not making a judgement, if I were a potential international customer, I wouldn't deal with him based on history.

Mike has always been great for me. I just ordered some more stuff from him this weekend, and wouldn't hesitate ordering from him again.

#7 6 years ago

I think we need a sticky:

"International users: DO NOT BUY FROM MAD AMUSEMENTS"

#8 6 years ago

I like Mike!

Mike_Seuss_1.jpg

#9 6 years ago

Popcorn is popping. Welcome to the Mad sequel

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Post history:

So your not surprised you cannot buy stuff from him after seeing all your posts here.

I'm shocked.

#11 6 years ago

He gives me candy. He's OK in my book!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Nothing like using this board to jeopardize a company's name by bashing them...

+1

I had just ordered a ramp from MAD on Sunday night, it's out for delivery to my home today. I have purchased a ton of stuff from MAD and never had an issue, however I heard foreign customers who weren't so lucky as those here in the states. Then again there are those here in the states who have dealt abroad and weren't so lucky as well. Hence why I always try to buy local if possible and would advise anyone the same, anywhere beyond that and it's a gamble just like the roll of a dice. I'm not saying it's right just saying in these times that's the nature of the beast in this hobby and others.

#14 6 years ago

We order from him constantly and always receive our order quickly.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Post history:

I gave you a thumbs up primarily for the Wolverine reference on the end, bub

#16 6 years ago

I also have had great experience with MAD, always willing to work with me.

my 2 cents....

#17 6 years ago

oh-a-piece-of-candy-o.gif

#18 6 years ago

Mad amusement has a HUGE disclaimer asking you to read its shipping terms. You sir, FAILED to read them, where they clearly state the billing address needs to be the same as the shipping address. Better luck next time.

#19 6 years ago

Can we get a roll-call of people in the US who still buy from Mad Amusements? We can call them the "Fuck you, got mine" crew

#20 6 years ago

I can simply confirm that their way of treating international (in my case European) customers is quite strange (and seems to be different from how they handle US customers)
The internet shop raised an error when I wanted to checkout my cart telling that there is no payment module available.
After asking what happens, I got told that I have to make a bank transfer or use Western Union for the payment.
As soon as I mentioned that I regret that Paypal or payment via credit card is not available, I got told that I'm not obliged to make business with them and I will have to follow his rules.
I was much more expecting an explanation why he does not provide Paypal to European customers, where he provides this to US customers. Maybe I would have understood.
I have ordered my parts elsewhere now (even, if it was more expensive), as I do not want to know what will happen, if there is a problem with an order.
So please stop telling that people are bashing MAD amusement, if you are in the US and you have never had a problem with them.

#21 6 years ago

That damn James Woods.......arhhh.

#22 6 years ago

I for one will never buy from MAD Amusements again, as others have said, you get looked after in the states, but over sea's you get shat upon.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Can we maintain a list of people in the US who still buy from Mad Amusements? We can call them the "Fuck you, got mine" crew

Well...add me to the "f**k you, got mine" crew. No problems ever with MAD. I think it is well known that international orders with them can be tricky and a little research would have turned that little nugget up.

#24 6 years ago

I've placed many orders with MAD and I have not had one problem. Refunds any extra shipping charges also, which is nice.

#25 6 years ago

I will vouch for mike. Great guy to deal with. Never had any issues with orders.

#26 6 years ago

I'm not from the U.S and buy from Mike regularily. He has some hard to find parts that others don't carry. I have always had fast, friendly service from him up here....eh! I could tell a few horror stories of some European pinball part purchases I have made that didn't work out so well.

bobsafcom, I think you are a sucker for punishment if you keep going back to him. Try elsewhere maybe or have a friend in the U.S order for you?

#27 6 years ago

Yawn...

#28 6 years ago

Just made my first order without having read this thread or others. Items arrived quickly exactly as ordered and my kids were excited for the gummy candy. No issues with my transaction.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Same here.

#30 6 years ago

Have only placed 2 orders with MAD, but both arrived in 3 days of placing the order. No issues.

-BB

#31 6 years ago

Never had an issue with MAD and I've ordered plenty of times from them.

#32 6 years ago

I have had no issues with mad, I can tell you, customs can delays a shipment by several weeks. I am not sure the circumstances however, a delay like that is out of mad's control

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Can we get a roll-call of people in the US who still buy from Mad Amusements? We can call them the "Fuck you, got mine" crew

I've used them, and will again.

#34 6 years ago

He robbed your neighbour, but he left your house alone, so I guess he's innocent?

He is a lying thief and I personally won't deal with him...

#35 6 years ago

And if you think MAD is the worst company in the USA, then you obviously haven't
dealt with AT+T.

#36 6 years ago

I have ordered from MAD twice. I like that he charges actual shipping and refunds the rest. Prompt service as well.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And if you think MAD is the worst company in the USA, then you obviously haven't
dealt with AT+T.

Best post of the thread.

#38 6 years ago

#39 6 years ago

Ordered from him twice recently and one other time well before that, no issues. Then last month I place an order and he cancels it 5 days later, sent him 3 emails asking why it was cancelled, if it was an error and if I should resubmit. No response.

I guess he forgot how to ship across a border.

#40 6 years ago

Ordered some pop bumper toppers and a replacement ramp from them recently, no problems...

#41 6 years ago

no problems here how about a HOT DOG

Mad_Amusement_Order.png

#42 6 years ago

As a far smarter man than any of us once said...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

#43 6 years ago

Get the popcorn out.....

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

#45 6 years ago

Pfft another MAD bash thread lol its like a broken record!!!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

then you obviously haven't
dealt with AT+T

"you're not dealing with AT&T"
"well I am now!"

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He gives me candy. He's OK in my book!

I think it can't be called "candy" in Canada, instead it's a "pressure injected corn syrup-based product."

#48 6 years ago

Ya know, if there's really an issue with overseas shipping, I foresee 3 reasons
1. Mad amusements under-estimates true shipping cost and has to go with a slower rate
2. Mad amusements doesn't have the website setup for international shipping
3. Red tape from international shipping forms, which believe me I know can take time to fill out (and you better pick the right category or it's return to shipper, sorry about the extra shipping cost.. and maybe we'll actually return your stuff, or we'll just hold it in claims)

Why doesn't someone turn this negative into a positive? Surely if this is an issue, farm it out. If Mad amusements is the only seller that has certain items, let someone start a business as a shipping middle-man. He collects a bunch of orders, when he has enough to fill a pallet, he sends them by ship. Cheap shipping, orders recieved, each box marked for a different buyer.

I have friends in Australia that pay outrageous taxes and shipping costs for orders from the US. I need to ask them who they use, but it's a service like a US post office box. They send all their orders there, when it gets full, that post office sends everything as one shipment.

#49 6 years ago

Pretty sure that's been attempted, toyotaboy, and it resulted in the middle-man being blacklisted from M-A.

#50 6 years ago

he updated his page for international. I order from him all the time and have Excellent service, every time.

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside