Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Angyalpor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesCAKQY4HC.jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

How can help me get in contact with Mike from Mad Amusemenst
    I have ordered and paid the 1th of november and till now no succes in getting any information on order status as well as getting in contact with Mike in any possible way.
    Phoned his service number 001 7325754228 and spoken to his voice mail which are never returned.
    Any suggestions?

#2 12 years ago

Good luck, my last ordering experience with them was not the best either but I did receive it.

If you paid through PP may have to start a claim to get his attention.

#3 12 years ago

Thanks,
    I paid in advance because the shop was not working at the time.
    He picked up the phone send me a mail with payment details and I paid,after that no respons whatsoever
    Hope to find a collegue in america which can activate this situation as I live in Holland.
    Still don't understand the attitude

#4 12 years ago

E-mail has been my best bet in the past.
    Just got my order and I had to sign for it...first time for this.
    Might want to check your post office to see if you have a package waiting.

#5 12 years ago

I have checked the post office,nothing waiting there.
    Ordere from Marco Spec. and received 1.5 week later with the relevent email of tracking etc.
    But I do not get anty response since he send me the mail with the final amount to be paid.
    Still hope some one to find in the US which is close to Mike or his company.
    I just want the parts ordered nothing else.....

#6 12 years ago

I have no personal experience with Mike but I found mixed reviews here....

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=391309&highlight=amusements

Good luck, Duke...

#7 12 years ago

The problem is always with international orders but for the U.S. it's
    never a problem.

#8 12 years ago

Vendor of last resort.

#9 12 years ago

I have had good experiences with Mike at Mad Amusements. I would bet the problem is in shipping, I am sure he will contact you, must be a reason he has not yet.

#10 12 years ago

Have a look at the pinside thread.

"MAD AMUSEMENTS, HOW LONG TO PROCESS AN ORDER"

I just received a package that I had ordered back in early Nov. Not a good experience waiting, but I did eventually get my parts. Emails were slow to respond, but I generally got responses (even if it took a week or two).

There is a lot of good will for this place, but not from international folks. Not being American seems to make you second class customers.

#11 12 years ago

Thanks for all your input.
    It will not loose faith here as at the end it is the goal to get the parts and be busy with our mutual interest the pinnball machines.
    But I do hope there will be some structure for future as this situation is quite unpleasant and most frustated is not to get any response or contact would like to speak to Mike and hear his side of the story aswell.

#12 12 years ago

I just spoke to Mike about a delivery issue I had (not their fault - see post on post office is killing me) and he answered the phone the three times I called to talk about it. He was very helpfull and is really going above to make things right even though it wasn't their fault. Maybe it's the international thing that causes the problems as this was my second puchase with them and both went out and were received in days.

#13 12 years ago

Thanks for the info.
    Good to hear spoke to Mike so he is around.
    I also think it is an international issue , but stil very easy to solve when information is sharred correct.
    Hope things will be settled
    Thanks again.

#14 12 years ago

I placed an order, 2 weeks go by so I called Mike, he said he was sitting on my order because I ordered 2 sets of red AFM targets and he wanted to know if I had 2 AFM's or I was sitting on parts? Actually I had 3 AFM's at the time! Strange!! WTF! He had my money but wanted to play parts police on pinball targets. It's a Jersey thing or mental issue. You can take meds for kind of thing. It's the last place I shop because of the issues. BAA now has crack heads packing your parts! Don't ask!
    My personal rankings:

1. Pinball Life
    2. Marco
    3. Pinball Nazi
    4a. BAA
    4b. MAD (Good reason for the name)

#15 12 years ago

Buy lots of bits from MAD, live in UK and Mike ships express if you state you ned it urgently on order page / pay-pal payment. Sometimes best to check with him before ordering, recently bought 6 DMD's but forgot to say needed them urgently so they werent dispatched until I chased the order up (via contact on his web site) all arrived ok (via UK customs / charges of course!!!)

To be honest just bought severa litems from Marco, rang then to check stock a few times and shipping / dispatch speed, ordered / paid this Sunday jst gone, dispatched on Tuesday WOW thats great service / better than expected.... all ok of course if they have what you want in stock...

good luck to you all

PS: also oredred bits from Australia (Pinball Rescue) recently and they dispatched quickly too

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

3. Pinball Nazi

What's that!?

#17 12 years ago

I agree with Exejet...Good Ranking

1. Pinball Life
    2. Marco
    3. BAA (I've never had an issue with Bay Area but they ship S L O W.

#18 12 years ago

I like Pinball Life's prices better than Marco's, but I love Marco's 'Shop By Game' feature. Pinball Life has it, but it doesn't really work.

#19 12 years ago

I buy alot of stuff from Mike...he actually ships out same day priority mail if you pay him by Noonish...just got a $500 order from him --took just 2 days....Priority mail can be fast andslow...hard to be sure. He always packs candy in with the order too...the issue has to be simply slow post service in certain parts of country. Todd

#20 12 years ago

3. Pinball Nazi

What's that!?

I think Pinball Nazi is related to the Soup Nazi,Just guessing though,but somebody, asking/regulating how many parts you order,rings of that.

imagesCAKQY4HC.jpgimagesCAKQY4HC.jpg

#21 12 years ago

Pinball nazi must be Steve @ pinball resource. I've never had an issue with him but the stories of his crankiness are legendary.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Pinball nazi must be Steve @ pinball resource. I've never had an issue with him but the stories of his crankiness are legendary.

Now that wasn't very nice! Steve is a great guy and someone you really could progress with having him in your corner. I have heard stories to but I dig him and he has always been very helpful with me. Maybe most people can't get past his "pinball intelligence" but I have spent large amounts of time just talking to him and I have nothing bad to say about him.
    And for Mike I can only spew positive words for him also. I have ordered everything from springs to boards from him and he is always helpful. Just my two cents.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Now that wasn't very nice! Steve is a great guy and someone you really could progress with having him in your corner.

+1 IMO. I have ordered a lot from PBR and Steve has always been prompt and curtious to me. I just received a set of new plastics from him and his turnaround on my order was only 5 days!!! That's from the day of my purchase to it being delivered to me.

#24 12 years ago

Steve at PBR is great. Just be sure to have all your ducks in a row when ordering by the phone. Which by the way is his preferred method for placing orders. He always gets my parts to me promptly as well. Usually shipped the same day. And yes he is very pinball knowledgeable!

#25 12 years ago

I love EM games so I had to learn to talk with Steve.

My first phone calls he was yelling at someone in his shop about the phones not working, being nice I asked if I should call back and he yelled at me and said "NO!! How the He** will he answer my phone call if the phones don't work".

Second call: I asked some questions about lights -vs- LED's and playfield wax for EM games. Steve asked what my ID # was? I told him I didn’t know, it was at home and I was at work, he asked for my name and told me he will call me back...then hung up the phone. He never got my work number. My wife gets home that night before me and there are 3 messages from Steve...he is stating "I just spoke to you? Where are you? I don't know why your not home".

I spoke to a friend here who sells pins, he said Steve is great just call next time with all your ducks in a row.

Third Call: "Hi Steve my member number is -----, I'd like to order these parts, I figured I would have my stuff ready this time." Steve "about time, you people need to realize that I don't have time to look up your numbers, I have 50 packages that need to go out and don't have the time to do your job as well as mine".

When I hung up I thought forget it, this guy is a je*k and i'll order for somewhere else, then I get his package and he included a note and a book on basic pinball repair...told me welcome to the hobby and this is on him.

Although he always seems rushed and short on the phone he seems to care about us new guys to the hobby. PBR has earned my business for EM parts here on out.

#26 12 years ago

Yeah Steve is great. Forgit to get my star rollover buttons before I started clearing the hulk and I contacted them as my first order and they shipped them right out and didn't make me pay up front for the first order(total was under 10 dollars). I ordered on a Monday I think and had the parts by wendsday. Great prices. Great service and no inflated shipping charges

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

BAA now has crack heads packing your parts! Don't ask!

Crack heads with jobs? Didn't know those existed.

Got my last order two days after ordering. Sure I'm in the same state, but to me that means the order only marinated overnight and shipped the next day.

3 weeks later
    #28 12 years ago

Mad Ammusements are an absolute JOKE. Never returns phone messages ( i left about 20 on his voice mail) NEVER returns emails either from his website of his Yahoo email address. Up untill October 2011 i dealt with Mike for years .... then "Poof" .. he went pear or decided to put customer service and loyalty in the trash can. If you read this Mike - Customer service - CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! its the first rule in business. MAD - NEVER AGAIN !!!

#29 12 years ago

I have dealt with Mike at Mad Amusements for quite some time now and I have placed many large orders with absolutely NO problems.Mike has done a huge favor for me just recently that no retailer was willing to do.I'm sorry some of you guys are having problems but I think the major issue here is with International orders and probably takes time to receive your orders.Mike/Mad will always be my first stop to shop.

#30 12 years ago

Sorry pinmike, but I am going with bobsafcom on this one. Mike has treated me like a jerk, and he has been stalling on a $1,000 order place back in November. One day he says he has the money and the next he says he never got it. The money is gone and he talks in circles. Can't reach him by phone or by email. He speaks to me rudely and I could tell you many other negative things I am finding out as I am pursuing an investigation by authorities in New Jersey. Let me just say, there is NO MAD Amusements store or business in Brick, New Jersey. No one there knows of this business other than he shows up on Fridays at a questionable mailbox operation . . . he's an invisible man in the community.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

been stalling on a $1,000 order place back in November.

I'm really sorry and shocked to hear this Mike,Was this order for parts that he did not have in stock?There have been times i called Mike to see if he could get me a specific part that he did not have on his website.He did say he could get the part but it would take some time.

#32 12 years ago

I must say that the gummi hamburgers I get in my MAD orders are quite tasty.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

I must say that the gummi hamburgers I get in my MAD orders are quite tasty.

LOL!!! I just ate one last night, no wait, I think it was a hotdog.

#34 12 years ago

Mad Ammusements are now selling on eBay - once again, there is no way of contacting the seller AT ALL. I tried again to email...no answer. eBay, you can ask a question, but cant contact the seller. Something fishy is going on here. What kind of business doesnt want to do business!! ppppfffft!

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from bobsafcom:

... there is no way of contacting the seller AT ALL. I tried again to email...no answer.

Strange. I just talked to Mike on the phone a couple weeks ago. I had a question about something on his site, and he answered the phone right away. I ended up placing an order with him, and everything arrived in a timely fashion. In fact, I've never had a single problem with Mike whatsoever. I'm not saying that people don't have legitimate gripes, but my experiences with him have all been overwhelmingly positive.

#36 12 years ago

Brian,
    I have had nothing but BAD experiences! I'm beginning to think if you have had a problem with Mike, he looks at the incoming phone number and decides not to answer the phone.

When and IF I get to talk with him, I feel like I'm talking with someone from another planet!
    Mike

#37 12 years ago

Well i have now sent 7 emails - every day since Sunday. No reply. Steve from Marco suggested i buy the item from eBay, but Mad Amusements wont ship outside the USA. So im getting no where. 3 years of business with MIKE....YOU SUCK!

#38 12 years ago

Ordered from Mike last April and last may -- no problem. Bought more parts last month also no problem. He batched my first order to help save me money on shipping (per my request).

I've also had no problems with BAA, PBL, PBR, Marco, pinbits, and cointaker. Guess I'm lucky!

#39 12 years ago

i spoke to 3 colleagues from the USA in the past week, they are also getting no joy with MAD MIKE - they have all stopped supporting him, now gone back to Marco. Same as me. It looks like MAD MIKE has taken it upon himself to select only certain customers in the future (middle finger to everyone else) - which is utterly rediculous to comprehend, but seems to be the case. Lets face it, MAD MIKE wouldnt be in business if it werent for all the pinball owners worldwide. To suddenly give everyone the middle finger without explaination brings me to the conclusion he prejudice issues. Ive never come accross anone like this. WEIRD!!!

#40 12 years ago

Hi There

This might be my 1st post.
    Really interesting to read this thread, I have had issues ordering form Mad Amusements, Ist order went off fine and arrived ok, I recently made another order for parts I really needed but suddenly you couldn't complete an order on his website if you are an international customer.
    I emailed a few times and he finally replied that he is having issues with international payments or orders so is not taking any at present.
    I can't see what the issue is , You pay through paypal he gets the money, he ships, its not like I am sending him a cheque that bounces, and the parcel is tracked so it can be proved it was delivered.I would think you would want all the business you could get.
    Frustrating when you are an international customer, Marco charge huge amount for shipping.
    Pinball life is my pick, shipping costs are a killer when you are way down in NZ but I can't accept it costs $35 US to ship a couple of plastics and other small parts these guys are really clipping the ticket on postage.

#41 12 years ago

Wow - lot of mixed reviews. I have always had great service from Mike. Never any problems whatsoever - shipping has always been within a day of placing the order.

#42 12 years ago

I just placed an order last week with Mike and got the stuff in less than a week. He even refunded the shipping difference. Never had a problem with Mike.

#43 12 years ago

MSN22

Got to agree with you. A fellow Pinsider who lives in Europe is having MAJOR problems.

Mike has his $1,000+ Dollars, and has had it since the first of November. He is quibbling over some kind of $8 fee. I have volunteered to pay it for the guy and the guy has asked Mike to take something off the order that would cost around $8. Yet . . . he has delayed this and delayed it, and has been HORRIBLE to communicate with. He get SO upset so easily!!!

It took 2 months for him to finally say the money is in his bank account. Prior to that he was just angry and adamant that he (Mike) was being cheated or something to that effect. He kept saying he was not about to send $1,000 worth of parts BEFORE someone paid for it. However, the money was there all along in MAD's checking account!!!

BUT . . . before that, the fellow in Europe had to go through TONS of 'bank proof of transaction' things, and put forth a threat to have the New Jersey Consumer Affairs Investigation Office to get in on the act. It boils down to sloppy and poor running of a business.

I have had good luck getting my orders from MAD, but I have also been talked to VERY rudely by Mike. Others say they have had no problems and ADORE him. I imagine when everything goes like it should, then they of course are going to say they have not had any problems. But I'm willing to bet that for every two or three good customer responses, there would be one bad one too. And MAD's problems seem to be compounding. More complaints are coming in daily on this forum and others.

Perhaps some of us on Pinside should volunteer to act as go-betweens for folks overseas. You send your order to one of us, we buy it, get it to our residence and then ship it to you. Something is going to have to be done to help people not in the USA be able to get their parts.

You have to hand it to MAD, they have an EXCELLENT variety of things, and the pricing is very good. One just has to wonder WHY the company does not run more efficiently and FRIENDLY.

Good luck and I feel your frustration.
    Mike in Kentucky, USA

1 week later
    #44 12 years ago

Good point you raised Pintucky....its a gold mine of treasures, good prices, CRAP SERVICE.
    I opened a fake E-Bay account and bought online with a ship4me ... a US Shipping address for International buyers that are given the middle finger from USA sellers......got the item in 5 days...all the way to South Africa. I still send e-mails to Mad Mike every week...still havent has a response since November 2011. He has become Anti Foreign..which is a shame...if it werent for foreign pinball companies, Williams, Gottlieb, DataEast Bally ..etc would never have existed.

#45 12 years ago

I have heard of someone on RGP that ordered a back glass that when it arrived there was three gouges in the paint. The shipping box was undamaged and perfect so as anyone else would assume that it was damaged before it was packaged. The guy contacted Mike about a refund Mike basically accused him of lying and damaging his own back glass. From all the bad stories I have heard about this guy I don't think I would give him any business. Who wants to order from someone who yells at you and degrades you. You are doing them a favor by being a customer and spending your hard earned money with them. He acts like he is doing you a favor. I don't care if he send free stuff or candy or not, it doesn't make up for being rude to customers in my opinion.

#46 12 years ago

the 15 dollar auto shipping thing is ridiculous. That's just a sloppy storefront.

1 month later
    #47 12 years ago

Little shop of Games. I bought from them today. Same prices as Mad Mike and he ships international. Same concept, shop by game. Bought a Fish Tales plastic box for the top $ 70.00 - other shops are over $100.00. Sling shot plastics (Fish Tales) $ 24.00 for set. Very good prices!!

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from bobsafcom:

Little shop of Games. I bought from them today. Same prices as Mad Mike and he ships international.

Curly is a great person to do business with, but he doesn't have nearly as much inventory as Mike.

#49 12 years ago

Been trying to get hold of Mad Mike since November 2011, sent 40 emails, no reply. Even tried phoning on three occasions. This company/person is the worst possible ambassador of USA business practice. Ive spoken to pin people in Australia and France, who have the same problems with this guy. Mad Amusements should put a banner on his site "INTERNATIONAL BUYERS GET LOST" ... that way it saves a lot of frustration. Mad Mike = Middle finger!!

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from raddroxx:

I just placed an order last week with Mike and got the stuff in less than a week. He even refunded the shipping difference. Never had a problem with Mike.

+1 I've only ordered from him a few times, but haven't had a problem. I just had an order about two weeks ago for a hard-to-find part. After placing the order, he emailed that he was crediting $8 on the $15 shipping and I got the part the following week - along with a yummy gummy hotdog.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.