(Topic ID: 6205)

Mad amusements, How long to process an order?

By Riffbear

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by bobsafcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

HI all,

Just wondering what your experience has been with MAD amusements?
    Does it usually take over 2 weeks to process an order?

(Thats what I've heard)

They stock some awesome bits!

thanks.

#2 12 years ago

I have orered many time with fast shipping.

#3 12 years ago

Just call and speak to Mike.

#4 12 years ago

Placed two or three orders and haven't had an issue.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Placed two or three orders and haven't had an issue.

How long did it take before he sends you the item?

#6 12 years ago

Mad amusements is always fast.

#7 12 years ago

Hey Riffbear what city or country are you in?

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Mad amusements is always fast.

Hmm ok.

My source tells me completely different.
    I don't want to risk it.

#9 12 years ago

Just placed an order from them. Hoping it will arrive by the weekend. Don't see why it wouldn't.

Marco is crazy fast. I get shipped notifications from them like an hour after placing an order and I get my order within 2 days.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just placed an order from them. Hoping it will arrive by the weekend. Don't see why it wouldn't.

Marco is crazy fast. I get shipped notifications from them like an hour after placing an order.

I'm going to contact my friend and tell him to jump on pinside and check out these replies.
    He's been waiting for over 2 weeks and no notification nothing about his order.

#11 12 years ago

Something must be wrong there. I made an order Saturday night and got an email with deiivery info late this morning. I have ordered from Mike many times and I have never had a problem. He should call and ask if his order was lost or something...not typical though. Mad Mike is really good and so is his product plus shipping practice.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

He's been waiting for over 2 weeks and no notification nothing about his order.

Should have at least got an email confirmation within a few minutes of ordering.

#13 12 years ago

Not sure but I know it didn't take more than a couple of days or I would have been upset. You should call him.

#14 12 years ago

Seems he is getting the run around.

Hopefully paypal can issue a refund.

#15 12 years ago

GUYSSS!! Where are you LOCATED Riffbear are you in the states???

The reason i'm asking where are you located is because if your in
    another country you have to expect some delays and customs hold
    packages for quite some time before releasing them.

#16 12 years ago

I have not ordered from them, but it's pretty simple, your friend needs make contact with them before filing a PayPal chargeback. There's a lot of different things that could have happened where the confirmation or even the order did not go through, even if the PayPal payment did.

#17 12 years ago

Check with them first, don't go jumping to conclusions. If you chargeback it ruins things for everybody. If you are not in the lower 48 states, expect delays that is not their problem, it is the mail. They will stop shipping to your location if they get a chargeback.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Check with them first, don't go jumping to conclusions. If you chargeback it ruins things for everybody. If you are not in the lower 48 states, expect delays that is not their problem, it is the mail. They will stop shipping to your location if they get a chargeback.

He said he has emailed Mike quite a few times and Mikes replies have been not making much sense.
    Something about USPS have not issued tracking numbers yet?
    I thought when you mail something USPS would give you the tracking number right away?

#19 12 years ago

This is starting to sound like Abbott and Costello,Who's on first.
    1)Riffbear,Pinmike has asked a couple times-What city,state,country do you and your friend live in?,Pinmike is asking for a reason...
    2)Rascal H,Since this discussion is about MAD AMUSEMENTS in Brick,New Jersey,What does Marco Specialties have to do with the whole conversation?
    3)It is starting to sound comical and that the whole thing is going in a circle,with no gain to anybody involved.

#20 12 years ago

Well, the USPS has been sucking lately when it comes to shipment tracking. Half the time I get the package before their website says the package has been picked up.

#21 12 years ago

I placed an order with MAD 2 weeks ago, still hasn't shipped.
    I mailed him a couple of times, he says they are very busy and they have some other issues with customs papers....something like that.
    getting a bit MAD myself, but i just have to be patient..

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderpants:

I placed an order with MAD 2 weeks ago, still hasn't shipped.
    I mailed him a couple of times, he says they are very busy and they have some other issues with customs papers....something like that.
    getting a bit MAD myself, but i just have to be patient..

Ok thanks for that bit of input.
    Might ease my friend a little bit.

#23 12 years ago

To be fair to MAD, Mike has been very helpful in the past answering mails.
    I asked about some sold out parts months ago, then recently out of the blue Mike mailed me that they were in stock. he seems to care about his custumers.

#24 12 years ago

Seems Mike could not be bothered sending his item out and has refunded the order instead. On top of that he has also disabled my friends account!

Dodgy, I'm definitely keeping away from MAD.!!

#26 12 years ago

They are usually lightening fast for me, sometimes even next day.

#27 12 years ago

Sounds a little one-sided here. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Did your friend send an email to them with some profanity in it before the account was disabled?

#28 12 years ago

I have dealt with Mike on numerous occasions and have always received prompt service. Did your friend get a little out of line with them?????

#29 12 years ago

I've ordered from them at least twice, with no issues...

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

2)Rascal H,Since this discussion is about MAD AMUSEMENTS in Brick,New Jersey,What does Marco Specialties have to do with the whole conversation?

All of my replies were about Mad. Brought up Marco because I like them and wanted to give an example of a fast supplier should he want to use a different company in the future.

Thread content Nazi.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from mystic:

Sounds a little one-sided here. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Did your friend send an email to them with some profanity in it before the account was disabled?

Quoted from RWH:

I have dealt with Mike on numerous occasions and have always received prompt service. Did your friend get a little out of line with them?????

Seriously no not at all.

He said something about having to wait 30 orders or so in the cue and that can take a very long time.
    But in saying that I'm not sure how being 30th in the order cue would take over 2 weeks!

Just saying.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Hmm ok.

I don't want to risk it.

I have ordered a number of expensive items from there and I always get my stuff in less than a week. They are my first choice for online orders.

I also don't live on Mars.

#33 12 years ago

The number of pin-part suppliers are somewhat limited. Burning your bridges is not a good idea.

#34 12 years ago

I order from MAD a few times each month. I have never had a problem with their shipping or customer service. This goes for orders ranging from several hundred dollars to the 20 dollar (ooops i forgot something orders)

As far a USPS tracking numbers, I dont put any faith in those at all. I checked on a package at 10:30 am and it told me it was several states away when it was actually sitting in my mailbox.

#35 12 years ago

Super slow... Never again.

#36 12 years ago

I have placed the bulk of my recent orders with Mad. Always fast. Great prices. Never a problem with the speed of order processing. Building my Roadshow shop cart right now...

#37 12 years ago

Ordered many times with no problems, fast shipping always. Other then the weird way they do the shipping charge they have been great. Basically they charge a flat $15 domestic shipping and either refund or bill the difference and even that though is taken care of with in one day. They do have a lot of hard to find items too, at least in my case anyways.

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from Abbe:

Super slow... Never again.

I would think that shipping to Sweden from the US would be slow, regardless of the retailer.

#39 12 years ago

Never had an issue. 2 days, maybe 3 tops.

#40 12 years ago

Did he ever answer the question about what country and or city/state.

I've never had issues - but I live in NJ 1-2 days at most, if your in another country
    then expect delays from most vendors.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Did he ever answer the question about what country and or city/state

Thank you.That's what i was trying to see.I sent a package to Europe
    once and customs held it for a 12 days.

#42 12 years ago

Mike has always been fast for delivery for me I have ordered from him countless times over the past 2 years. Hang in there!!!!

p

#43 12 years ago

Something seems off here... I have ordered from MAD many times. Always fast and correct. Order on Monday and usually have it in my hand not later than Thursday.

Must be more to this....

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Did he ever answer the question about what country and or city/state.

I looked and it is still not answered! Communicatioon break down. Might be part of the order issue. It is a "heard from my friend" story but has not happened to me.

I have a friend in England that mailed me a box in the US mail from there (on a base). It took just over 2 months and was in a different box. When I opened it the original box was destroyed and stuffed inside with the item. They included a note telling me the box was damaged. It looked like there were tire marks on the box and it looked like it had been left in the rain.

#45 12 years ago

It's been sorted!

Move on.

#46 12 years ago

I could be wrong but you started this thread, why no explanation and feed back on how the Mad Amusements order was resolved good or bad, shipping fast or slow, or just a total mix up etc.
    not sure why I even care this thread should have been killed at:

Quoted from Riffbear:

I don't want to risk it.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

It's been sorted!

Re-opened the thread to allow for explanation from Riffbear with the what and why.
    Keep it nice fellows! Thanks.

#49 12 years ago

It seems there was a miss communication on both parties involved.
    Mike didn't know the urgency of the required items and said that he'd be happy to take the order again and send them off first thing in the morning.

He said next time email ahead and let him know of how urgent the order is required and
    international orders can take a little longer. (it was a part that was needed to play the machine)
    There was never anything harsh sent or out of line in anyway.

It's all sorted.

That's it.

#50 12 years ago

Thanx for the explanation.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-how-long-to-process-an-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.