(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago

It doesn't surprise me when someone new posts asking about MAD, but it constantly surprises me when people post again and again "never a problem" as if that negates that fact that so many have had serious problems with them. I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer had close friends too, so he was OK.

#47 5 years ago

He says he placed the order in March and "still hasn't shipped". The fact he refunded the PayPal payment and required a wire transfer tells me a few things:

1. MAD knows a PayPal payment for items not received can easily be disputed and won, unless of course they ship in a method that's tracked, which is expensive. What they do is use recycled excuse after excuse to delay a claim, so the 45 days pass and it's too late. The customer is out of luck.

2. A wire transfer has no protection. It's like handing cash to a stranger, which in essence is what happened. There's no legitimate reason to demand a wire transfer over PayPal payment, except to skirt buyer protection and save PayPal fees.

I hope you get your order. Since you said you wired in April 29th, it's "just" been two weeks. But MAD has a history, and it's not a good one.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Take a good hard look at what MAD has in stock and what isn't in stock. Might give you a huge clue as to what's going on there....

CPR-gate was only the beginning....

Also look at their eBay link, invalid/nothing listed.
Also look at the stock of Alltek, Rottendog and other boards. Way too many out of stock.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

and complained about how he had to take everything out of the box and put away, and this was due to me not getting back to him... again for $7.

Yeah right. He's not going to pack and then unpack over $7, then pack again. It's the 'whoa is me, look at all the work you cost me' martyr here. Don't believe it for 1 second that he packed & unpacked anything.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I used to buy stuff from him on ebay that he refused to sell me directly through his store, but there are now zero listings under his old seller name.

Why would you continue to buy when he doesn't want your business? Wow.

#105 5 years ago

I'm going to spin this in a kinda disgusting way. If you're walking down the street and see a little old lady approached and attached by a rabid dog and it rips her face off aka monkey style, and you walk by unscathed, do you really think it's helpful to tell everyone "Hey, I had no problem, must be OK!" That's what's going on here.

#112 5 years ago

What bothers me is that it's a new guy asking if there's issues with MAD, and we all know there is. It's known problematic to everyone a few months old on Pinside, yet instead of warning the new guy that he better watch his ass, post after post of "I got my order, no issues". That's not helpful. Guy already HAS issues, and throws out his history repeating exactly how MAD typical screws over international buyers. Like I said I hope he gets his order.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

ow lets pretend that I had problems with them and asked if anyone has had any dealings with this company, what would you HONESTLY say?

In this case I would say "Many people got screwed from him, especially people that are overseas like you are.". I would not simply say "I had no problem", because I have that knowledge about the company when he hasn't done his research.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

hey, so why isnt it such a huge pain in the ass problem with all the other US vendors.? like i said, ive had silky smooth transactions with baa, pbresource, pinball decals, pinball life and marcos. and im sure lots of other international customers have had the same experience. if you cant deal with, or manage international shipping... DONT DO IT

International shipping is getting BETTER in the fact many countries now scan upon acceptance and delivery in the foreign country. No doubt there is more to go through shipping overseas, customs and the time and more lost packages, but because some countries don't scan at all, it costs more to mail because you pay for insurance. In the PayPal world, if you can't prove delivery, the buyer wins in every case.

Those countries are: Australia, Israel, Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Latvia, Canada, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, Denmark, Malaysia, Estonia, Malta, Finland, Netherlands, France, New Zealand, Germany, Portugal, Gibraltar,
Singapore, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Spain, Hungary, Switzerland

4 months later
#150 4 years ago

I'm in!

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Order something from him via paypal.

Wait until November 18th, when you will have six months to file a claim! Come on, it'll be fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 149.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 26.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 18.99
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 89.99
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 16.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside