(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago

Very strange. I have ordered from him for years with no issues. He should not accept international orders if he doesnt want to deal with it. I am now very leary about ordering from them in the future.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

I'm guessing you never needed to call but if you did was the phone ever answered? I have called a dozen times and always goes to answer machine - and I'm calling US business hours. Maybe he screens calls? Seems extreme...

Not unusual for parts vendors in our industry. That by itself isnt a red flag though I agree it would be in other industries!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Even having bad transactions isn't the end of the world. It happens. You deal with people, nothing is ever going to be perfect. The key is how you deal with those transactions. Ignoring people and causing them to have to file claims is just confirming poor customer service. Reaching out when there is a problem, communicating, and going out of your way to make things right is something entirely different. I would deal with a vendor who screwed up once and bent over backwards any time!
A poor transaction is a perfect opportunity for customer service to shine through and make a huge win!

Man....well said!! That is exactly how we approach those kind of issues. The problem is there....you are probably going to resolve it anyway if you intend on staying in business. You might as well turn it into a great opportunity. People expect to have to hassle companies to get a problem resolved....when you take care of it willingly, plus go a step further, you have a customer for life.

I was giving Mad the benefit of the doubt....we have never had any issues but it has been a few months since I have ordered from them. This has all the signs of a company that is working through their inventory with intentions of closing. No way I would order going forward. I would feel like an idiot if I didn't get my stuff after reading these posts. I need a better track record than "most people are getting their stuff." My luck would be I would get stuck. As they say, it's all good until it isn't.

3 weeks later
#142 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Ummmm, it's not "one Pinsider", it's an ongoing problem if you bothered to research past threads. In simple terms, if you live in the U S of A, you're pretty much gold. If you do not live here, it appears that you're pretty much SOL. (Gummies, not withstanding.) Yet another post from someone domestically saying what a great experience they had with MAD has nothing to do with MAD's alleged international issues.

Well, even though you are totally right I know for our company, this is an enormous red flag. I would now kick myself for being stupid if I ordered and our parts didn't arrive. If it is simply an issue of them not wanting to ship international it is a simple issue of not takng the orders then. We are out and we used to order a lot. It's all good until it isn't, as they say. Hard to believe he is not aware of this thread and hasn't reponded if he has a good reason for accepting orders and not shipping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-has-anyone-had-dealings-with-this-parts-supplier?tu=pinball4life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.