(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

I recently placed an order. I got many updated emails. I received my order in a timely fashion. Once the order arrived everything was as it should be. The order was correct and well packed. I would do business with Mad in a heartbeat.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Never had a problem with MAD. Shipping costs are a bit steep, but other than that, they're good for some more unusual parts.

I did not find the shipping costs that bad. There was another company that I bought LEDS from, and just LEDS, and the shipping was $9 for a tiny box. That was ridiculous. I shipped 1000 3/8" pachinko balls that weighed 6 1/2 lbs. and it only cost $5.80.

#74 5 years ago

To everyone who is chiming in, saying that all who stated that we have never had a problem with Mad are not helping things, The OP did ask if anyone has had dealings with this supplier. I seriously doubt that people would just answer with a yes or a no without telling about their experiences. I had a great experience buying my car from the same dealership that my co worker bought one from, and she was totally dissatisfied with them, and I would and will go back there when I want to get another car, and she will stay away. So does that make the people working there human pieces of garbage? With any business it is impossible for every transaction to go perfectly. And I am not defending anyone. If a business practice is wrong, it is wrong. Then again, I should not be made to feel like I am doing wrong by my fellow pinsiders by telling the truth. I myself, had no problems. I was honestly stating that in my post. Some pinsiders did have problems, and also stated it. If you think that by people stating the truth are not helping things then you are wrong. Every negative thread on Pinside about Mad is not going to put them out of business. There are people who are going to continue to buy from Mad and continue to be happy with the transaction. If there are those who wish to buy their parts from a different supplier, that is their choice. Whatever is posted on here will not change a thing.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Ironically this whole debacle started as I needed a particular microswitch and MAD was the only supplier I could find out of around 6 or 7 that were recommended to me. The switch was $2.75 and the shipping $40! So I thought I'd load up with a load of other parts to make it worth while.
And let's be fair to the guy - the company is called MAD amusements! I guess the clue is in the name

Yes even though the micro switch was being shipped to Hong Kong, that is a little high. I am sure that it could have been much cheaper.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I just received an order from Mike, fast and complete, with a partial refund for shipping costs. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I can only state what my experience has been.

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would give this post a thumbs down.

#87 5 years ago

Lets just say for arguments sake that everyone on pinside decides that Mad is not going to get any more of our business. He is still going to be in business and make money. Not everyone who is into pinball is on pinside. Its a big world out there. Instead of telling people that they should not support Mad, wouldn't it be better if those that think people should not support him, PERSONALLY contact the individual who runs that company, and tell him that you do not approve of how he treats customers from other countries? And because of his practices he is losing you as a potential customer. I think that would be more constructive than trying to persuade people to go and spend their money elsewhere, because that in itself will not change a thing.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I think they have all stated "good purchase for them, sorry to hear of the issues", and not disputing the fact that lots of bad does happen though.
I want to order from him, good prices AND stuff you can't get elsewhere, but man, he's a raving lunatic. This all really started after people initially had their first run of issues with him and him stating he was suffering from Lyme Disease. I really wonder if this is the product of his illness, it's just right off the deep end, and doesn't make sense.
For a business, why would you want to cut out customer after customer? It's just plain detrimental to profit. It's very mysterious all in all.

Atomicboy, I agree with you and I am sorry that you had an experience that was less than favorable. The whole thing for me, is that he does have good prices AND things that you can't get elsewhere. It can be an expensive hobby. If I can save ten dollars buying a flipper rebuild kit from him, and I am buying quite a few of those kits from him the savings add up. There are parts that I bought from him that I could not get anywhere else. I know that some people are unhappy with that company and some of us would like to see him shut down. But as for me, I can only control what I do and where I spend my money. I could either place future orders with him, or I could cut off my nose to spite my face. I personally would not cut out customer after customer, but if I did not want to deal with international orders, I would have that clearly stated on my website. If I was a betting man I would say that we will be seeing a lot more threads like this one in the future.

#98 5 years ago

Its too bad that someone could have things going well for their business (availability of hard to find parts, low prices, etc.)and let things go south. A company can have a million perfect transactions and a few bad ones, and the bad ones will stand out, because nobody should have to roll the dice when they place an order for parts. Everyone has valid points and everyone will decide if they want to consider doing business with this individual. I guess what it comes down to is buyer beware.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Even having bad transactions isn't the end of the world. It happens. You deal with people, nothing is ever going to be perfect. The key is how you deal with those transactions. Ignoring people and causing them to have to file claims is just confirming poor customer service. Reaching out when there is a problem, communicating, and going out of your way to make things right is something entirely different. I would deal with a vendor who screwed up once and bent over backwards any time!A poor transaction is a perfect opportunity for customer service to shine through and make a huge win!

Well said.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Read the thread again....

Ummmmm, I did. Imeh was apologetic towards the OP for what happened to him. He (or she) mentioned that everything went ok when an order was placed. And that was Imeh's experience with Mad. What is there to disagree with? Because that is what it says when you click on the thumbs down icon. Disagree that Imeh was not sorry that it happened? or that the experience did not go as stated? There was nothing offensive in that post at all. It was one pinsider relating an experience, thats all. To all who want to burn Mad at the stake, you are all free to post on this public forum about your dealings with Mad. But remember, all who have had positive transactions should be able too as well, without getting numerous thumbs down just because it goes against the grain of the witch hunt thread. So click away on this post. I had a good order with Mad. I also had a good transaction at the gas station the other day. Got the amount of gas that I paid for. The clerk was friendly as well. Price was cheap for the area. Oops, better not post something like this because someone might have a personal vendetta against Shell, and everyone who has been satisfied getting gas there will be the bad guy, just because something went well for them. To everyone who gave the thumbs down on that post, grow up.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Ummmm, it's not "one Pinsider", it's an ongoing problem if you bothered to research past threads. In simple terms, if you live in the U S of A, you're pretty much gold. If you do not live here, it appears that you're pretty much SOL. (Gummies, not withstanding.) Yet another post from someone domestically saying what a great experience they had with MAD has nothing to do with MAD's alleged international issues.

I understand the whole concept of this thread. I also know of other threads where people have had problems with the same company. And I am NOT saying that it is not of a concern for potential buyers or those who have bought from and got burned in the past. Some pinsiders had problems with vendors selling NIB machines. Some didn't. Some pinsiders have had problems with Gottlieb machines. Some didn't. Those that had problem should not condemn those who didn't. I could go on and on with examples, but the bottom line is that the OP asked if anyone has dealt with this vendor before, and both satisfied and unsatisfied cutomers should be able to truthfully tell of their individual experiences.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The man lives in Hong Kong. Again, international issues....
Tapping out and agreeing to disagree... A hoist of my brew to you, sir...cheers.

Enjoy the beer my friend, I am going to have one as well. : )

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from toddsvec:

What bothers me is that it's a new guy asking if there's issues with MAD, and we all know there is. It's known problematic to everyone a few months old on Pinside, yet instead of warning the new guy that he better watch his ass, post after post of "I got my order, no issues". That's not helpful. Guy already HAS issues, and throws out his history repeating exactly how MAD typical screws over international buyers. Like I said I hope he gets his order.

Ok. Think of the last pinball related company that you bought from, (you must have bought something from someone,) and you had a trouble free experience with them. Now lets pretend that I had problems with them and asked if anyone has had any dealings with this company, what would you HONESTLY say?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.50
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside