(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 5 years ago

This has been beaten to death, people have great luck with Mike, I personally do. And then there are people that don't, whom tend to be from different countries. I know it sucks, but it is how it is. Complaining about it isn't going to fix anything. I tend to do a bit of research before I buy stuff online, and rarely buy anything from another country. I suppose I have it good living in the United States as far as pinball goes (and Minnesota).

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Purchasing product from a reputable retailer does not involve luck.
It is called business.
Clearly MAD has made his bed and is on the way to closure.
Screwing over both your suppliers and customers is a direct route to bankruptcy.
Not to mention his banned eBay account still links from the front page of his site:
The seller User ID you entered was not found.

You have no control over how the guy runs his business, don't order and move on, it's that easy. It's his business to run as he chooses.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from toddsvec:

I'm going to spin this in a kinda disgusting way. If you're walking down the street and see a little old lady approached and attached by a rabid dog and it rips her face off aka monkey style, and you walk by unscathed, do you really think it's helpful to tell everyone "Hey, I had no problem, must be OK!" That's what's going on here.

That's just ridiculous, that's not what's going on here. It's not at all like death from a rabid dog attack. If the guy chooses to run his business that way so be it. Not the stealing of someone's money, just come right out and say that you don't ship internationally.

The OP asked peoples experiences, not share your negative experiences. I see no problem relating positive experiences, what does everything have to be negative only?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

You're being weirdly obtuse. It's not news when a customer receives something they paid for. This thread is about a guy who consistently lies to and rips off overseas buyers.

That's not what the thread there implies.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i find it astounding that people here are willing to excuse him just because they personally haven't been ripped off. pretty disgusting in fact.

Disgusting? Really? There are many more things in this world to be disgusted about that really matter, perhaps choose to be disgusted about them instead.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

what percentage of overseas customers would he have to rip off for you to take your business elsewhere? or are you perfectly fine doing business with a thief?

I do business with whomever I choose, and everyone else should too.

#132 5 years ago

Here are the international shipping terms on the website. I suspect that Mike has to deal with a ton of these requests without people reading any of this and gets tired of it. Is that a reason to hold up processing or something, no, but I can see how it could be a huge pain in the ass.

For International Customers Outside The United States:

A shipping deposit between $39.00 and $55.00 is automatically added to confirm an International order, which is applied to the actual shipping cost. This is NOT a flat rate shipping charge. This deposit will generally cover an order up to 2 pounds and $100.00 in value via USPS EMS Express or USPS Priority International mail. For orders over 2 pounds and/or exceeding $100.00 in value, you will receive an email after your order is placed with the accurate shipping options and details. If your order does not exceed 2 pounds and/or $100.00 in value, but has significant differences in the shipping rates, you will receive an email with the options to choose from as well. International orders with multiple shipping options must confirm the shipping method desired and pay the shipping balance due, if applicable, before the order can ship.

If the actual shipping and handling cost for your order is less than the shipping deposit, a refund will be issued when the order is processed. If the actual shipping and handling cost for your order exceeds the shipping deposit, an invoice will be sent specifying the shipping balance due, which must be paid before your order ships. We charge the actual shipping cost plus a very reasonable handling charge for each order. This covers the cost of professional packing supplies to ensure your order arrives safe and quick.

For an accurate quote, please send an email to customer service with your country and item(s) that you would like a shipping quote on: http://www.mad-amusements.com/contact-form.php

If you need the order expedited or if you need it to arrive by a specific date, please email or call in advance for the options and details.

Due to restrictions on the size of a package and the maximum insurance value for shipping to certain countries, oversize items and/or high value orders may need to ship in multiple packages. If an International order needs to ship in multiple packages or has a high insurance value, special shipping and payment terms will apply.

Due to extended delays with customs clearance in certain countries, special payment terms will apply for all shipments going to these countries; regardless of the size of the package and the value of the order.

International orders must ship via USPS EMS Express or USPS Priority International mail, which both provide tracking and insurance. We do NOT ship International orders via UPS.

Due to recent changes with the USPS, insurance is no longer offered for Priority International mail to certain countries. For these cases, the order must ship via USPS EMS Express.

Please make sure that you select the correct shipping address in Paypal. All orders MUST ship to the address provided with the credit card and Paypal payment, regardless of the website's Shipping and Invoice addresses.

All customs and duty taxes are the responsibility of the customer. If you are not sure what the charges will be, please check with your local customs office in advance. All orders ship with insurance, a copy of the invoice (for orders that have more than 3 different items) and the actual value on the customs forms; no exceptions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 275.00
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 1,000.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,000.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 132.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside