(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

so he hasnt sent anything, no tracking details, nada ?

#14 5 years ago

how did u send the initial payment of around $500 ?
do you have a receipt of payment.

#16 5 years ago

for starters he shouldnt have cancelled and refunded. why cant he accept paypal, especially when you are paying the extra charges anyway ?.. then you have to go to the effort of doing a wire transfer. would have been a lot more secure at your end, going via paypal.

you still have the receipt from your bank for the transfer though yes?

#18 5 years ago

you have a receipt from your bank for the wire transfer?

i would keep emailing him. requesting for items purchased and paid for, to be sent.

#22 5 years ago

well hes confirmed hes received your wired bank transfer. so the balls in his court to send out the items ordered. have you got an order no. or email confirmation for your order?

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

There's a pattern here, folks!
If a vendor in Germany screwed you on a deal, you'd be on the forums in Germany, telling your story, and would be pissed if the fellow Germans stood up for them.
It doesn't shine a positive light on us Americans. 'Hey, I'm sorry you got screwed, but did I tell you I got mine?'
It doesn't shine a positive light on pinball. It doesn't shine a positive light on mankind!
It's simple.
If MAD wants business from outside the US, he needs to treat those customers like they are valued customers.
If he doesn't want the business, then he should just explain that, and not take it.
Earn our dollars, we will gladly hand them over for quality parts and service!

well said.

if hes not interested in shipping internationally.. then dont do it.

but if the OP only sent the wire transfer on the 29th, that makes it two weeks. he may take a fair while to process international orders, or gives them low priority over domestic orders... give it till the end of the month, and see if u get any response. tracking details etc.

#52 5 years ago

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Yeah, I hope that's the case. A bit frustrating to have my new machine out of working order for so long. Actually I placed and paid the order in March.
Was chasing my tail trying to get the wire payment details for over a month hence the wiring of the money in late April. Still don't fully see why I couldn't have just paid the extra $60 shipping costs via Paypal but there you go. He has insisted I cover a further $25 of his bank charges via Paypal and have been asking for the Paypal invoice for that for two weeks now so the shipment can be made.
Not getting a response is also frustrating as I don't know if I'm never going to see this shipment - at what point do I try and source elsewhere?

id probably hangout till the end of the month, hoping for confirmation emails of shipping, etc.. keep us informed anyway. dont source anything else just yet. imo. he may just be super slow on the international orders. backlogs etc.
no excuse i know. but. just wait.

no harm in shooting off an email just confirming when he will ship your stuff?

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Thanks Ledge - appreciate the support. Yeah, I've sent 3 or 4 mails in the last couple of weeks. Tried calling too and left voicemails and logged a support query via his website. Hadn't moved it forward but I'll keep fingers crossed.

yet, since then hes probably catered to numerous domestic orders in a timely manner. and hey, even refunded partial postage costs too. ouch.

personally, ive never had an issue with the likes of BAA, pinbal decals, pbresource, pinball life and marcos. they have all been excellent. shipped promptly, well packaged, and refunded overpaid postage costs. i cannot speak highly enough of the above vendors.

#121 5 years ago

anyway, OP. pls keep us informed on if u get your order. or for that matter a response of some sort.
thanks.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Is that a reason to hold up processing or something, no, but I can see how it could be a huge pain in the ass.

hey, so why isnt it such a huge pain in the ass problem with all the other US vendors.? like i said, ive had silky smooth transactions with baa, pbresource, pinball decals, pinball life and marcos. and im sure lots of other international customers have had the same experience. if you cant deal with, or manage international shipping... DONT DO IT

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Yes I did check that before I placed the order. No disputing these T&Cs. It did however take a month for him to respond with details on how to pay the extra charges.
Even in his own T&Cs he states to select the correct address in PayPal... But then he refused to allow payment of the extra shipping charges via PayPal, fully refunded the PayPal amount and then insisted on wiring the full amount of the order. I guess this is to get around the PayPal order dispute option when he pockets the payment.

he shouldnt have cancelled your paypal payment in the first place. not good. no where in his terms and conditions does it state, that paypal is not accepted.

2 weeks later
#141 5 years ago

so any luck with receiving the goods ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Boards
PinSound Plus Out of stock
PinSound
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 999.00
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 1,200.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 5.00
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside