(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

bottom line if you read this thread or any of the other numerous negative threads about him and continue to do business with him, you are knowingly supporting a shady company.

Exactly. Let's take this for example. You see a vendor with a fruit crate on the street selling oranges. You, an American citizen, approach him and buy three oranges. He treats you well and includes a small kiwi to compliment your order. You leave a happy customer. Now, suppose a French man approaches the shop and wants to buy five oranges. He gives the seller the money. The seller then says, "Oh I'm sorry, but the rest of these oranges are much too rotten. Take a hike and don't come back!" The disgruntled French patron leaves, then the next American buyer in line steps up and buys two perfectly healthy oranges no problem, both of which he would have sold to the French man.

And what's even worse, let's assume the French man calls law enforcement. They show up and question the seller. "Why did you not give this man his oranges, or at least refund his money? It looks like your oranges are fine to eat!" The seller then takes five oranges in his arms and says, "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. A plague hit my crops last night and those oranges were all but fit to eat. Here, please give these to that man." The officers believe his story and the French guy gets his fruit.

But here's the kicker: the seller has actually been screwing over various other foreign buyers before the French man approached the shop. The difference? He legally persued the fraud. The seller's BS story and history of blatantly fraudulent business practices went unnoticed by police.

So case in point, what would you as a happy American customer standing in that line do if you witnessed this constantly going on as well as hear the stories? Would you say, "Screw him, I got my oranges!" Or perhaps would you have a heart and sense of justice and join the foreign buyers in a protest? What kind of person would do the former?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 16.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 9.95
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside