(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago

We (IPB) are looking for Mike as well ... won't return our calls.

rick

#152 5 years ago

Eh.

Just had a transaction a few weeks ago for some flintstones bowling pins and decals. Mike shipped them the following day. Super fast. No issues here.

AND I got some Jolly Ranchers.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Let's knock on the door...

#154 5 years ago

I just ordered parts and no problems...Shipped next day.

#155 5 years ago

Why are people in the United States still chiming in on this? He provides good service to America and horrible, horrible service to foreign countries. He needs to stop offering shipping outside of the US.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Why are people in the United States still chiming in on this? He provides good service to America and horrible, horrible service to foreign countries. He needs to stop offering shipping outside of the US.

Why are people anywhere ordering from him?

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

If he truly won the lottery, that is a shame. No one is less deserving in my opinion.

Oh, how true! The Devil must have chosen his numbers because Mike is certainly in league with him!

When I saw this post my initial thoughts were: "OMG! Another Mad ripoff story!!!"

And all the people who come on here and support him after they see he screws over customers in other countries out of arms reach . . . sheese!!!!

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

There's a pattern here, folks!

If a vendor in Germany screwed you on a deal, you'd be on the forums in Germany, telling your story, and would be pissed if the fellow Germans stood up for them.

It doesn't shine a positive light on us Americans. 'Hey, I'm sorry you got screwed, but did I tell you I got mine?'

It doesn't shine a positive light on pinball. It doesn't shine a positive light on mankind!

It's simple.

If MAD wants business from outside the US, he needs to treat those customers like they are valued customers.
If he doesn't want the business, then he should just explain that, and not take it.

Earn our dollars, we will gladly hand them over for quality parts and service!

This is why I consider YOU Jon as my friend! Perfectly said! Mike has banned me forever from buying from his place because of my posts here defending people from overseas who have been shafted by him. What a doosh!!!

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I just ordered parts and no problems...Shipped next day.

did you guys ordering from the US posting "he's always been cool to me" even read the thread? or are you just that thick?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Order something from him via paypal. He seems to really be careful with that and responds fast every time.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Order something from him via paypal.

Wait until November 18th, when you will have six months to file a claim! Come on, it'll be fun!

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

PERSONALLY contact the individual who runs that company, and tell him that you do not approve of how he treats customers from other countries? And because of his practices he is losing you as a potential customer. I think that would be more constructive than trying to persuade people to go and spend their money elsewhere, because that in itself will not change a thing.

Are you sh_t_ng me?!!! What rock have you been under? You cannot have a constructive conversation with Mike. He is a loony bin!!! He will huff and puff and insult you and hang up on you. He doesn't want to hear ANYTHING you have to say!

Nice thoughts . . . and nice try . . . but he is not your normal everyday person!!! And his middle name is 'Crook'!!!

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

This way I'll have to wait until next time I'm in NJ (probably over the summer) and go down and visit him.

You don't want to go "down and visit him". According to his bank, he operates out of a mail drop box in one of the worst parts of town. Local authorities told me they cannot find his warehouse. He operates in a well-concealed place in the shadiest part of Brick. Locals I contacted there told me no one in their right mind would drive down those streets.

If he invited you to his place, that's probably a first! You need to be careful. They probably call it 'Brick' for a reason. You end up with bricks tied to your feet and dropped in the nearest river . . .

Disclaimer: No offense to any good people residing in Brick!

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Order something from him via paypal. He seems to really be careful with that and responds fast every time.

We'll just have our attorney find him ...

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We'll just have our attorney find him ...

Good luck with that....

#167 5 years ago

Ordered from them earlier this month. FYI Mike is ill and not running the show.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

You don't want to go "down and visit him". According to his bank, he operates out of a mail drop box in one of the worst parts of town. Local authorities told me they cannot find his warehouse. He operates in a well-concealed place in the shadiest part of Brick. Locals I contacted there told me no one in their right mind would drive down those streets.
If he invited you to his place, that's probably a first! You need to be careful. They probably call it 'Brick' for a reason. You end up with bricks tied to your feet and dropped in the nearest river . . .
Disclaimer: No offense to any good people residing in Brick!

For real or joking? Googlemap it, its a shore town and consistently in the top 5 safest cities (population over 75k) in the country. MAD is probably the top criminal in Brick. lol

#170 5 years ago

I ordered about $50 worth from MAD this week. I got a reply from Mike and a message that my stuff was shipped. USPS seems to confirm that. I also got a refund of 8.75 of the flat $15 I paid for shipping. Flippers.com did the same thing (refunded excess shipping after they shipped). So, I'm happy so far. I can let you know once the stuff arrives if that helps.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I ordered about $50 worth from MAD this week. I got a reply from Mike and a message that my stuff was shipped. USPS seems to confirm that. I also got a refund of 8.75 of the flat $15 I paid for shipping. Flippers.com did the same thing (refunded excess shipping after they shipped). So, I'm happy so far. I can let you know once the stuff arrives if that helps.

oh god. read the thread.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

So, I'm happy so far. I can let you know once the stuff arrives if that helps.

Quoted from pezpunk:

oh god. read the thread.

I know you are 'trying' but this doesn't help. All of us Stateside get our orders. It is our friends in other countries that are being screwed. We are trying to help them, not boast about our own personal experiences with Mad Mike.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I know you are 'trying' but this doesn't help. All of us Stateside get our orders. It is our friends in other countries that are being screwed. We are trying to help them, not boast about our own personal experiences with Mad Mike.

No offense, but at this point, is this topic not dead? To sum it up we know the following:

- PPS is after him
- If your overseas forget-about-it!
- If your in the US, your probably ok to order.
- And MAD doesn't read PINSIDE, and could care less what we think!

I don't think it matters how long this thread is.....

#174 5 years ago

Oh. Sorry. Flame on...

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

No offense, but at this point, is this topic not dead? To sum it up we know the following:

- PPS is after him
- If your overseas forget-about-it!
- If your in the US, your probably ok to order.
- And MAD doesn't read PINSIDE, and could care less what we think!

I think that is about as succinct and accurate as you can get!

#176 5 years ago

Mike may not read this but international customers do and hopefully this saves them getting ripped off. BTW what is PPS? I know it's a user name here, just saw a post referring to 'we'.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Mike may not read this but international customers do and hopefully this saves them getting ripped off. BTW what is PPS? I know it's a user name here, just saw a post referring to 'we'.

Planetary Pinball Supply

#178 5 years ago

Ah yes, I was being thick. Thanks

#179 5 years ago

I'm 'thick' too . . . just wish it were 'longer'!

1 week later
#180 5 years ago

May as well post a postive. I have ordered from MAD twice to New Zealand. Just got a shipment from them yesterday. It was the plastic tub for a WH20 topper. It was by far the best price I could find (including shipping) They have things I can't get elsewhere. While they are not the fastest to ship things they do get here.

#181 5 years ago

I've had two orders from them this month, both shipping immediately.

Never had an issue whatsoever.

Love the jolly ranchers too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
$ 334.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 44.95
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 85.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside