(Topic ID: 90620)

MAD Amusements - has anyone had dealings with this parts supplier?

By charsiufan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Warming the Sausauge .gif
HSBC Wire transfer.jpg

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

There's a pattern here, folks!
If a vendor in Germany screwed you on a deal, you'd be on the forums in Germany, telling your story, and would be pissed if the fellow Germans stood up for them.
It doesn't shine a positive light on us Americans. 'Hey, I'm sorry you got screwed, but did I tell you I got mine?'
It doesn't shine a positive light on pinball. It doesn't shine a positive light on mankind!
It's simple.
If MAD wants business from outside the US, he needs to treat those customers like they are valued customers.
If he doesn't want the business, then he should just explain that, and not take it.
Earn our dollars, we will gladly hand them over for quality parts and service!

well said.

if hes not interested in shipping internationally.. then dont do it.

but if the OP only sent the wire transfer on the 29th, that makes it two weeks. he may take a fair while to process international orders, or gives them low priority over domestic orders... give it till the end of the month, and see if u get any response. tracking details etc.

#52 5 years ago

#53 5 years ago

Take a good hard look at what MAD has in stock and what isn't in stock. Might give you a huge clue as to what's going on there....

CPR-gate was only the beginning....

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

but if the OP only sent the wire transfer on the 29th, that makes it two weeks. he may take a fair while to process international orders, or gives them low priority over domestic orders... give it till the end of the month, and see if u get any response. tracking details etc.

Yeah, I hope that's the case. A bit frustrating to have my new machine out of working order for so long. Actually I placed and paid the order in March.

Was chasing my tail trying to get the wire payment details for over a month hence the wiring of the money in late April. Still don't fully see why I couldn't have just paid the extra $60 shipping costs via Paypal but there you go. He has insisted I cover a further $25 of his bank charges via Paypal and have been asking for the Paypal invoice for that for two weeks now so the shipment can be made.

Not getting a response is also frustrating as I don't know if I'm never going to see this shipment - at what point do I try and source elsewhere?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

There's a pattern here, folks!
If a vendor in Germany screwed you on a deal, you'd be on the forums in Germany, telling your story, and would be pissed if the fellow Germans stood up for them.
It doesn't shine a positive light on us Americans. 'Hey, I'm sorry you got screwed, but did I tell you I got mine?'
It doesn't shine a positive light on pinball. It doesn't shine a positive light on mankind!
It's simple.
If MAD wants business from outside the US, he needs to treat those customers like they are valued customers.
If he doesn't want the business, then he should just explain that, and not take it.
Earn our dollars, we will gladly hand them over for quality parts and service!

Quoted again for truth. I'm always forced to do a Picard face-palm when an international buyer comes and posts "I think I might be getting screwed" followed by the seemingly oblivious follow up posts regarding "yummy free gummies".

I know in some cases it is meant as a "hey I got my order(s) no problem", but unless you are posting from out of the US it is not usually that helpful...

Buy hey, if I'm getting mine I guess it doesn't matter if others aren't getting theirs, amirite?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Yeah, I hope that's the case. A bit frustrating to have my new machine out of working order for so long. Actually I placed and paid the order in March.
Was chasing my tail trying to get the wire payment details for over a month hence the wiring of the money in late April. Still don't fully see why I couldn't have just paid the extra $60 shipping costs via Paypal but there you go. He has insisted I cover a further $25 of his bank charges via Paypal and have been asking for the Paypal invoice for that for two weeks now so the shipment can be made.
Not getting a response is also frustrating as I don't know if I'm never going to see this shipment - at what point do I try and source elsewhere?

id probably hangout till the end of the month, hoping for confirmation emails of shipping, etc.. keep us informed anyway. dont source anything else just yet. imo. he may just be super slow on the international orders. backlogs etc.
no excuse i know. but. just wait.

no harm in shooting off an email just confirming when he will ship your stuff?

#57 5 years ago

It isn't really a surprise domestic customers are so happy - if these international orders aren't supplied, they are effectively subsidizing the costs to local customers.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

id probably hangout till the end of the month, hoping for confirmation emails of shipping, etc.. keep us informed anyway. dont source anything else just yet. imo. he may just be super slow on the international orders. backlogs etc.
no excuse i know. but. just wait.
no harm in shooting off an email just confirming when he will ship your stuff?

Thanks Ledge - appreciate the support. Yeah, I've sent 3 or 4 mails in the last couple of weeks. Tried calling too and left voicemails and logged a support query via his website. Hadn't moved it forward but I'll keep fingers crossed.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

It isn't really a surprise domestic customers are so happy - if these international orders aren't supplied, they are effectively subsidizing the costs to local customers.

I disagree with that statement. We are paying full price for everything. Any money that is taken from international customers doesn't do anything for us. We are also upset that this is also an issue. We want our suppliers to be solid businessmen also. It's good for us in the long run.

#60 5 years ago

I also have had no problems ordering from Mike, I find his shipping and price on parts are hard to beat. However, I have recently noticed more parts are out of stock and are not being restocked.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

"I apologize for the delay. We had numerous issues with our webmail after
an automatic update and we were unable to access email for nearly 4 days.
We are working as quickly as possible to catch up.

The above quote from this *severely edited* (and yes, it's deserved here pinside) is incredibly ironic to me. I had been one of the few Canadians having no issues with him for years, spending thousands and thousands there. I never really defended him in posts, but always piped up as one of the ones that noted no problems, which seemed very rare for anyone outside the US and at best 50% for anyone inside the US.

Last order I did, someone cut the cable near my home, and we were down for 2-3 days with no internet. In that time, two weeks overdue mind you from him, Mike sends the email stating on my $600+ order, an additional $7 was needed for shipping.

As soon as I'm back online, the first email at the top of my list was him stating he was restocking my order and returning my money. I tried to log in to replace the order only to find out he blocked mine. Thousands of dollars from a known buyer with a perfect history, closed off for two days of not hearing back for $7. I mean, the business model is exactly how everyone describes.

I signed up to another account, reordered, which I guess put him in a spot of some kind, as he then took my call, and complained about how he had to take everything out of the box and put away, and this was due to me not getting back to him... again for $7. Clearly the over $600 wasn't enough commitment I guess to assume I'm likely not going to have an issue with another $7, and given my past as a flawless customer taking his bullshit about why he is always late with his second email about shipping...

So after him bitching about this, and me having to sit there and take it (what else could I do, I needed some stuff only he had), he did the order, everything went fine, then he closed the new account and left the old one closed, despite telling me we were all good.

This guy isn't just a bad business man, he isn't just difficult to deal with, he has mental issues. It's known he has had lyme disease, and I really wonder if a lot of this has stemmed from it.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Take a good hard look at what MAD has in stock and what isn't in stock. Might give you a huge clue as to what's going on there....

CPR-gate was only the beginning....

Also look at their eBay link, invalid/nothing listed.
Also look at the stock of Alltek, Rottendog and other boards. Way too many out of stock.

#63 5 years ago

I've never had a problem with any of my orders...

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Never had an issue, used them quite a bit for vids.

all the people in this thread from the united states saying "hey he's always been cool to me" are doing nobody any good, other than propping up a guy whose M.O. is clearly to string along and rip off anyone outside the states. it's been reported here many, many times by many different people. anyone who posts "i had no problems, would buy again" is helping this piece of human garbage stay in business.

#65 5 years ago

I think AtomicBoy has hit the nail on the head. The guy clearly knows or knew his trade but its starting to fall apart around him. I had a family member pass away from Lyme's disease a number of years ago and it was a slow and sorry descent into oblivion. If that is the case he has my sympathy!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I disagree with that statement. We are paying full price for everything. Any money that is taken from international customers doesn't do anything for us. We are also upset that this is also an issue. We want our suppliers to be solid businessmen also. It's good for us in the long run.

Fair enough - but if he pockets my money and doesn't send any parts, his business has revenue his competitors don't have. It all ends up in the same pocket and the competitiveness of his prices is stated repeatedly by his US customer base. Still hoping this is all speculation and he'll come good in the end.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

and complained about how he had to take everything out of the box and put away, and this was due to me not getting back to him... again for $7.

Yeah right. He's not going to pack and then unpack over $7, then pack again. It's the 'whoa is me, look at all the work you cost me' martyr here. Don't believe it for 1 second that he packed & unpacked anything.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Never had a problem with MAD. Shipping costs are a bit steep, but other than that, they're good for some more unusual parts.

I did not find the shipping costs that bad. There was another company that I bought LEDS from, and just LEDS, and the shipping was $9 for a tiny box. That was ridiculous. I shipped 1000 3/8" pachinko balls that weighed 6 1/2 lbs. and it only cost $5.80.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Some of us aren't paying any price for anything - I'll do without before I order from MAD!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I did not find the shipping costs that bad. There was another company that I bought LEDS from, and just LEDS, and the shipping was $9 for a tiny box. That was ridiculous. I shipped 1000 3/8" pachinko balls that weighed 6 1/2 lbs. and it only cost $5.80.

Ironically this whole debacle started as I needed a particular microswitch and MAD was the only supplier I could find out of around 6 or 7 that were recommended to me. The switch was $2.75 and the shipping $40! So I thought I'd load up with a load of other parts to make it worth while.

And let's be fair to the guy - the company is called MAD amusements! I guess the clue is in the name

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Some of us aren't paying any price for anything - I'll do without before I order from MAD!

That too. I support Pinballlife every chance I get.

#73 5 years ago

I just received an order from Mike, fast and complete, with a partial refund for shipping costs. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I can only state what my experience has been.

#74 5 years ago

To everyone who is chiming in, saying that all who stated that we have never had a problem with Mad are not helping things, The OP did ask if anyone has had dealings with this supplier. I seriously doubt that people would just answer with a yes or a no without telling about their experiences. I had a great experience buying my car from the same dealership that my co worker bought one from, and she was totally dissatisfied with them, and I would and will go back there when I want to get another car, and she will stay away. So does that make the people working there human pieces of garbage? With any business it is impossible for every transaction to go perfectly. And I am not defending anyone. If a business practice is wrong, it is wrong. Then again, I should not be made to feel like I am doing wrong by my fellow pinsiders by telling the truth. I myself, had no problems. I was honestly stating that in my post. Some pinsiders did have problems, and also stated it. If you think that by people stating the truth are not helping things then you are wrong. Every negative thread on Pinside about Mad is not going to put them out of business. There are people who are going to continue to buy from Mad and continue to be happy with the transaction. If there are those who wish to buy their parts from a different supplier, that is their choice. Whatever is posted on here will not change a thing.

#75 5 years ago

Its a fair point and it does give me some hope my order is just low on a list and will eventually be sent!

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I just received an order from Mike, fast and complete, with a partial refund for shipping costs. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I can only state what my experience has been.

I'm guessing you never needed to call but if you did was the phone ever answered? I have called a dozen times and always goes to answer machine - and I'm calling US business hours. Maybe he screens calls? Seems extreme...

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Ironically this whole debacle started as I needed a particular microswitch and MAD was the only supplier I could find out of around 6 or 7 that were recommended to me. The switch was $2.75 and the shipping $40! So I thought I'd load up with a load of other parts to make it worth while.
And let's be fair to the guy - the company is called MAD amusements! I guess the clue is in the name

Yes even though the micro switch was being shipped to Hong Kong, that is a little high. I am sure that it could have been much cheaper.

#78 5 years ago

And annoyingly the Cherry microswitch factory is probably 30 miles away across the border in China!

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

I'm guessing you never needed to call but if you did was the phone ever answered? I have called a dozen times and always goes to answer machine - and I'm calling US business hours. Maybe he screens calls? Seems extreme...

You are correct, I never tried to contact him, so I can't speak to that, however I would point out his shipping estimates were very high, but he refunded the excess, without prompting, as soon as the actual cost was known. I really hope you get your issue resolved. Sourcing parts can be frustrating enough without this hassle!

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The above quote from this *severely edited* (and yes, it's deserved here pinside) is incredibly ironic to me. I had been one of the few Canadians having no issues with him for years, spending thousands and thousands there. I never really defended him in posts, but always piped up as one of the ones that noted no problems, which seemed very rare for anyone outside the US and at best 50% for anyone inside the US.
Last order I did, someone cut the cable near my home, and we were down for 2-3 days with no internet. In that time, two weeks overdue mind you from him, Mike sends the email stating on my $600+ order, an additional $7 was needed for shipping.
As soon as I'm back online, the first email at the top of my list was him stating he was restocking my order and returning my money. I tried to log in to replace the order only to find out he blocked mine. Thousands of dollars from a known buyer with a perfect history, closed off for two days of not hearing back for $7. I mean, the business model is exactly how everyone describes.
I signed up to another account, reordered, which I guess put him in a spot of some kind, as he then took my call, and complained about how he had to take everything out of the box and put away, and this was due to me not getting back to him... again for $7. Clearly the over $600 wasn't enough commitment I guess to assume I'm likely not going to have an issue with another $7, and given my past as a flawless customer taking his bullshit about why he is always late with his second email about shipping...
So after him bitching about this, and me having to sit there and take it (what else could I do, I needed some stuff only he had), he did the order, everything went fine, then he closed the new account and left the old one closed, despite telling me we were all good.
This guy isn't just a bad business man, he isn't just difficult to deal with, he has mental issues. It's known he has had lyme disease, and I really wonder if a lot of this has stemmed from it.

Funny, something very similar happened to me. I won't post the entire story, but here's the short version:
MAD is in NJ, very close to me. Dealt with them both through their web site and ebay. Orders always shipped quickly and extra shipping always refunded. He had great prices on some stuff that beat others...
Then the problem happened. I ordered something or other and before it shipped I realized it was incorrect. I immediately tried to cancel the order. Tried calling, emailing, and submitting it through the web site. No response. Product showed up and it took me weeks to actually get a response back and get it returned. He took it back and I said I didn't mind eating the return shipping. Figured all was good until I tried to place an order later. My account was blocked. Called and he answered. He looked up my email and gave me some story about me being a hard-case customer and he didn't need to deal with people like me and that was it.

Not a good way to do business. Shame because the parts were cheap and fast, but I don't mind paying a little more or waiting a little more to give my money to someone who actually wants my business.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Thanks Ledge - appreciate the support. Yeah, I've sent 3 or 4 mails in the last couple of weeks. Tried calling too and left voicemails and logged a support query via his website. Hadn't moved it forward but I'll keep fingers crossed.

yet, since then hes probably catered to numerous domestic orders in a timely manner. and hey, even refunded partial postage costs too. ouch.

personally, ive never had an issue with the likes of BAA, pinbal decals, pbresource, pinball life and marcos. they have all been excellent. shipped promptly, well packaged, and refunded overpaid postage costs. i cannot speak highly enough of the above vendors.

#82 5 years ago

bottom line if you read this thread or any of the other numerous negative threads about him and continue to do business with him, you are knowingly supporting a shady company.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Not unusual for parts vendors in our industry. That by itself isnt a red flag though I agree it would be in other industries!

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would give this post a thumbs down.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

To everyone who is chiming in, saying that all who stated that we have never had a problem with Mad are not helping things,

I think they have all stated "good purchase for them, sorry to hear of the issues", and not disputing the fact that lots of bad does happen though.

Quoted from NJGecko:

Not a good way to do business. Shame because the parts were cheap and fast, but I don't mind paying a little more or waiting a little more to give my money to someone who actually wants my business.

I want to order from him, good prices AND stuff you can't get elsewhere, but man, he's a raving lunatic. This all really started after people initially had their first run of issues with him and him stating he was suffering from Lyme Disease. I really wonder if this is the product of his illness, it's just right off the deep end, and doesn't make sense.

For a business, why would you want to cut out customer after customer? It's just plain detrimental to profit. It's very mysterious all in all.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

bottom line if you read this thread or any of the other numerous negative threads about him and continue to do business with him, you are knowingly supporting a shady company.

Exactly. Let's take this for example. You see a vendor with a fruit crate on the street selling oranges. You, an American citizen, approach him and buy three oranges. He treats you well and includes a small kiwi to compliment your order. You leave a happy customer. Now, suppose a French man approaches the shop and wants to buy five oranges. He gives the seller the money. The seller then says, "Oh I'm sorry, but the rest of these oranges are much too rotten. Take a hike and don't come back!" The disgruntled French patron leaves, then the next American buyer in line steps up and buys two perfectly healthy oranges no problem, both of which he would have sold to the French man.

And what's even worse, let's assume the French man calls law enforcement. They show up and question the seller. "Why did you not give this man his oranges, or at least refund his money? It looks like your oranges are fine to eat!" The seller then takes five oranges in his arms and says, "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. A plague hit my crops last night and those oranges were all but fit to eat. Here, please give these to that man." The officers believe his story and the French guy gets his fruit.

But here's the kicker: the seller has actually been screwing over various other foreign buyers before the French man approached the shop. The difference? He legally persued the fraud. The seller's BS story and history of blatantly fraudulent business practices went unnoticed by police.

So case in point, what would you as a happy American customer standing in that line do if you witnessed this constantly going on as well as hear the stories? Would you say, "Screw him, I got my oranges!" Or perhaps would you have a heart and sense of justice and join the foreign buyers in a protest? What kind of person would do the former?

#87 5 years ago

Lets just say for arguments sake that everyone on pinside decides that Mad is not going to get any more of our business. He is still going to be in business and make money. Not everyone who is into pinball is on pinside. Its a big world out there. Instead of telling people that they should not support Mad, wouldn't it be better if those that think people should not support him, PERSONALLY contact the individual who runs that company, and tell him that you do not approve of how he treats customers from other countries? And because of his practices he is losing you as a potential customer. I think that would be more constructive than trying to persuade people to go and spend their money elsewhere, because that in itself will not change a thing.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I think they have all stated "good purchase for them, sorry to hear of the issues", and not disputing the fact that lots of bad does happen though.
I want to order from him, good prices AND stuff you can't get elsewhere, but man, he's a raving lunatic. This all really started after people initially had their first run of issues with him and him stating he was suffering from Lyme Disease. I really wonder if this is the product of his illness, it's just right off the deep end, and doesn't make sense.
For a business, why would you want to cut out customer after customer? It's just plain detrimental to profit. It's very mysterious all in all.

Atomicboy, I agree with you and I am sorry that you had an experience that was less than favorable. The whole thing for me, is that he does have good prices AND things that you can't get elsewhere. It can be an expensive hobby. If I can save ten dollars buying a flipper rebuild kit from him, and I am buying quite a few of those kits from him the savings add up. There are parts that I bought from him that I could not get anywhere else. I know that some people are unhappy with that company and some of us would like to see him shut down. But as for me, I can only control what I do and where I spend my money. I could either place future orders with him, or I could cut off my nose to spite my face. I personally would not cut out customer after customer, but if I did not want to deal with international orders, I would have that clearly stated on my website. If I was a betting man I would say that we will be seeing a lot more threads like this one in the future.

#89 5 years ago

At some point it will not be the customer that forces change. It will be the suppliers.

Gene is a good example of how someone can run a business poorly over a long period of time, have both good and bad customer feedback, but ultimately go down due to bad business relations with those that are supplying him with the product he sells. I know I'm simplifying that situation, but the point is, once you start burning those bridges, no amount of positive customer experiences is going to save you.

#90 5 years ago

Seriously...is all of his ebay business gone? I used to buy stuff from him on ebay that he refused to sell me directly through his store, but there are now zero listings under his old seller name.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I used to buy stuff from him on ebay that he refused to sell me directly through his store, but there are now zero listings under his old seller name.

Why would you continue to buy when he doesn't want your business? Wow.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from toddsvec:

Why would you continue to buy when he doesn't want your business? Wow.

Possibly because he's the only one with that part. If I need a part and he's the only one that has it I'm going to go and buy it to keep my game up and running. Plain and simple.

Just my 2 credits.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

At some point it will not be the customer that forces change. It will be the suppliers.
Gene is a good example of how someone can run a business poorly over a long period of time, have both good and bad customer feedback, but ultimately go down due to bad business relations with those that are supplying him with the product he sells. I know I'm simplifying that situation, but the point is, once you start burning those bridges, no amount of positive customer experiences is going to save you.

I couldn't agree more, Tony. I'm aware of a number of suppliers who won't deal with Mike anymore. He's not only screwed customers over, but he's screwed too many of them over also. Just look at some of his products that are constantly out of stock. Gosh, I wonder why.

Karma's a bitch, man.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Seriously...is all of his ebay business gone? I used to buy stuff from him on ebay that he refused to sell me directly through his store, but there are now zero listings under his old seller name.

He sold DMD displays for $149 for a while when everyone else had them for almost double that...
I dont mind giving a few bucks more to a vendor I prefer, but for me, a hundred bucks per unit is a savings I couldn't pass by. But yes, I gave up quickly going down that road.

#95 5 years ago

This has been beaten to death, people have great luck with Mike, I personally do. And then there are people that don't, whom tend to be from different countries. I know it sucks, but it is how it is. Complaining about it isn't going to fix anything. I tend to do a bit of research before I buy stuff online, and rarely buy anything from another country. I suppose I have it good living in the United States as far as pinball goes (and Minnesota).

#96 5 years ago

Used to buy from regularly as his service was excellent, but all of sudden things went wrong. Excuses for delays were usually email or computer problems. Pretty much got sick of the hassle of dealing with him and then my last order was that much of a pain, wouldn't respond to emails hadn't sent the goods that I put a claim through paypal. That got his attention when I got the money back!

All the excuses and promises for me to place the order again as it was packed and ready to go. Placed the order again and paid. But still went to a paypal dispute. I ended up getting the parts, but I can't be bothered going through that trouble again.

Shame because he used to be pretty much one stop shopping for parts.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

...wouldn't it be better if those that think people should not support him, PERSONALLY contact the individual who runs that company, and tell him that you do not approve of how he treats customers...

This would be great if a rational, reasonable, human being was who you were dealing with, you're not.

"When my buddy got ripped off by this guy I didn't say anything, because I got my stuff. When my next door neighbor got ripped off by this guy, I didn't say anything, because I got my stuff. Now I got ripped off by this guy, someone should have said something!"

The history is there with this guy, he's ripped of all kinds of people. He will/is doing it again, anyone who gets caught in the inevitable, who has read at least some of the history, has been warned at this point.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#98 5 years ago

Its too bad that someone could have things going well for their business (availability of hard to find parts, low prices, etc.)and let things go south. A company can have a million perfect transactions and a few bad ones, and the bad ones will stand out, because nobody should have to roll the dice when they place an order for parts. Everyone has valid points and everyone will decide if they want to consider doing business with this individual. I guess what it comes down to is buyer beware.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Its too bad that someone could have things going well for their business (availability of hard to find parts, low prices, etc.)and let things go south. A company can have a million perfect transactions and a few bad ones, and the bad ones will stand out, because nobody should have to roll the dice when they place an order for parts. Everyone has valid points and everyone will decide if they want to consider doing business with this individual. I guess what it comes down to is buyer beware.

Even having bad transactions isn't the end of the world. It happens. You deal with people, nothing is ever going to be perfect. The key is how you deal with those transactions. Ignoring people and causing them to have to file claims is just confirming poor customer service. Reaching out when there is a problem, communicating, and going out of your way to make things right is something entirely different. I would deal with a vendor who screwed up once and bent over backwards any time!
A poor transaction is a perfect opportunity for customer service to shine through and make a huge win!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Even having bad transactions isn't the end of the world. It happens. You deal with people, nothing is ever going to be perfect. The key is how you deal with those transactions. Ignoring people and causing them to have to file claims is just confirming poor customer service. Reaching out when there is a problem, communicating, and going out of your way to make things right is something entirely different. I would deal with a vendor who screwed up once and bent over backwards any time!A poor transaction is a perfect opportunity for customer service to shine through and make a huge win!

Well said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 19.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 1,099.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 5,999.99
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside