Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lg_young_all.jpg
    bw.jpg
    thread_lock_is_coming.jpg
    91Xb22U8NXS._AA1500_.jpg
    Jerry+Seinfeld[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wescor97.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 11 years ago

I have had countless exceptional transactions with MAD. The moment a problem arose when a board he shipped me was DOA, the dude lost his shit. I personally, have never experienced a less professional customer service experience in my life. That guy is a douche. I pray that someone steps up and starts carrying the extensive catalog of parts that he does.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I had a bad experience with him once, but I never mentioned it, as I watched anyone who posted a negative experience on RGP (and now Pinside) get the usual "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy" follow-ups. So I never bothered posting.
    I think I ordered 5 times from him in total over the past 4 years. So that means, 4 times "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy", and 1 time he was a total ass to me when trying to arrange a return of a really crappy quality repro part. Because of that 1 time, I would only use MAD as a last resort.
    All you 100% happy customers can now follow with the usual "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy" follow-ups.

That is the theme. Horrible business practices aside, the guy is a rude a-hole... And yes markmon, if he is what separates a working AFM from being a paper weight, he will get more of my money. Conversely, if some other source has the part, I will GLADLY pay double.

#129 11 years ago

Take this for what it is worth. I, like a multitude of you, have ordered and received product from MAD on numerous occasions without a hitch. I have stated this in defense of harsh criticism directed at MAD in a previous thread titled 'Problems with Mad Amusement'.

"MAD Amusements has always fulfilled my orders without a glitch..... MAD is obviously a SMALL business... This is a niche hobby, your not buying from Apple... Harping on a business for months can not be beneficial to anyones business, let alone a SMALL one... For some strange reason, criticism is cheaper than praise.
    Lets get crazy!!!! Try appreciating the businesses that cary the parts that keep your beloved pinball machines running...."

I have been an entrepreneur my entire adult life. There is nothing that I respect more than an individual that sticks his or her neck on the line to open a small business. That being said, a couple of months ago, I had a small customer service issue with a board that I needed help with. Ultimately, I ended up having to place a call to Mad. Within twenty seconds I was treated to the most bizarre, aggressively belligerent conversation I have experienced in the last decade. Furthermore, I am not the least bit prude, and I found myself offended by the guy.

Please retract my post from the previous MAD thread. Apparently, the theme of piss-poor business practices is standard for this guy. Also, I can accept responsibility for my contribution to a correspondence going south. Believe me, if I felt even the slightest bit of culpability in this matter I would never post a disparaging comment. Financially, I can not say a negative thing about MAD, as neither he or I have a fiscal discrepancy. The time I have taken to spew this post is purely to acknowledge cause for a red flag to the Pinside community. The preposterous conversation I had with MAD leads me to conclude that somethings totally not right....

Good luck.....

#190 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

This makes absolutely zero sense. He f*cks me and DOZENS OF OTHER PEOPLE and somehow it is my fault. LOL.
    Why are you defending this guy anyway? Mike?
    Sheesh.

I have to agree.... What is the theme of this thread???? MAD perpetually f*cks his customers and suppliers, acts like a condescending ass, and fills some orders...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wescor97.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-gets-called-to-the-carpet-by-cpr?tu=wescor97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.