Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lg_young_all.jpg
    bw.jpg
    thread_lock_is_coming.jpg
    91Xb22U8NXS._AA1500_.jpg
    Jerry+Seinfeld[1].jpg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

You really need to either use real butter or Butter Buds.

Genuine Flavacol is butter flavored salt with revenue building scent.

#52 11 years ago

That was a great win by the tigers. But even though I was rooting for the tigers, it was tough to see a competitor like jeter go down like that. Really sad to see.

Oh. Wait. What? This isn't the MLB amusements thread? Oops. Sorry.

Nevermind.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Genuine Flavacol is butter flavored salt with revenue building scent.

I will have to try this stuff.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't see how anyone can get screwed by mad amusements. You pla e your order, pay with paypal, and it ships the next day. If it doesn't, you can send an email. If that's ignored, dispute with PayPal and if no shipping tracking info is shown, PayPal auto refunds you. You get some huge amount of time to dispute also. Like 30-45 days.

Unless, of course, you are an overseas customer in, say, Australia - where it can take 30~60 days for goods to be delivered in which case PayPal is USELESS!!!!

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Unless, of course, you are an overseas customer in, say, Australia - where it can take 30~60 days for goods to be delivered in which case PayPal is USELESS!!!!

You get an email that says it shipped. If you don't get thst the next day (mad always ships next day), you email and ask. If you don't get a response you dispute. This isn't rocket science.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You get an email that says it shipped. If you don't get thst the next day (mad always ships next day), you email and ask. If you don't get a response you dispute. This isn't rocket science.

"We" have learned that you have to WAIT - if "We" don't, then many in the US of A simply refuse to sell to us - not so simple as you might like to think....apart from that PayPal are a pack of ^&%$#

#57 11 years ago

I saw this on RGP, and I'm kind of bummed to read it. Hopefully CPR didn't get burned so bad that it causes a big setback in production. The service they provide is pretty unique, and I'd hate to see that damaged. I have a beautiful Pinbot playfield sitting here for when I finally work up the nerve to install it.

I've had a few dealings with MAD, and they have always been good. When CPR ran out of repro Pinbot plastics, MAD was the only one who had NOS ones (they were truly NOS, not from the CPR re-run). I hope this works out, because I have only had positive experiences with both companies.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So MAD not shipping products and forcing a PayPal dispute is not screwing your over? I'll stick to the vendors that don't require the threat of legal procedures.

#59 11 years ago

Interesting turn of events: MAD Amusements has Nothing for sale on eBay, and he was Always the First to load up eBay with CPR Products! All of his items have been Removed.

ebay.com link: ebay.com

Stu

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Interesting turn of events: MAD Amusements has Nothing for sale on eBay, and he was Always the First to load up eBay with CPR Products! All of his items have been Removed.
    Stu

Wrong madamusements....

Here is Mike Ducker's listings

ebay.com link: mad amusements_com

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Stu, I just looked and he has 308 items listed.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

All of his items have been Removed.

According to a search on ebay, that isn't new. It appears that account hasn't had a sale in a long time, almost a year. Maybe the wrong account you are looking at?

EDIT: As I thought, and others mentioned, you are looking at the wrong account.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Stu

C'mon CPR....Keep this off the boards. This kind of lazy innuendo that now blows up in your face is only making CPR look bad, not Mike.

Either, shit or get off the pot....Meaning, stop with the hints, innuendo's and guesses. Post a detailed report of what's going on and let the masses decide whether to do business with MAD, or go about pursuing legal options OFF the board like a real business would.

#64 11 years ago

CPR, please just fess up or stop the thread-threatening please. Was crappy enough to look at on RGP; now dragging the issue out over here.

This is starting to look like a personal issue to the casual observer. Prove otherwise please.

Feel bad for all who had a bad experience with MAD Amusements, I won't purchase from such a controversial company again.

#65 11 years ago

So you guys that say "I won't purchase from mad again"... When a part on your machine breaks that only mad has, you'll just let your machine become a big paper weight instead, right?

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So you guys that say "I won't purchase from mad again"... When a part on your machine breaks that only mad has, you'll just let your machine become a big paper weight instead, right?

Ahhhh.. this is when the baling wire and rubber cement comes out. Sometimes Jim the welder at the local muffler shop also lends a hand.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Um, which part in the entire world does only MAD carry that is so mission critical to a game that you have consign the game to scrapdom it out if it breaks? I am genuinely curious so I can stock up...

Hyperbolize much

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I will buy from MAD out of necessity but not by choice. MAD is good 98% of the time for me but man that 2% is an ass whipping. Mike has terrible communication skills (when he does communicate), he is always right and the entire world is always wrong.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I will buy from MAD out of necessity but not by choice. MAD is good 98% of the time for me but man that 2% is an ass whipping. Mike has terrible communication skills (when he does communicate), he is always right and the entire world is always wrong.

I couldn't agree more. The man thinks he is right all the time. I was hoping to see them at York, I had an issue with him over some wrong parts and wanted to follow up our phone conversation with him face to face.

#70 11 years ago

CPR do what you need to do to support your issue! There will always be views from both sides of the fence. I have only seen positive reports about your business so you definitely have the foundation for warning others about suspicious and less than optimal transactions that have affected you and the potential to affect others. Thanks

#71 11 years ago

I've only purchased 2 items from them over the last 7 years and could have gotten the parts elsewhere.

The disappearing act seems to be a regular thing and they had just recouped their rep from doing a seemingly similar thing several years ago. RGP search if looking for details.

I don't know the circumstances for their inability to respond to people but until they can take care of ther outstanding business it seems best for others to avoid business with them. Maybe something will come to light to show otherwise but it does seem as though they have failed to live up to the expectations we should have of vendors in this hobby.

Hope they can turn it around.

#72 11 years ago

ok, I see what happened. The Link I posted for MAD's eBay account WAS his, turns out it was his "old" account from over a year ago (the account he stopped using when he was screwing people back then). When I looked to see what CPR products he was still selling I went to my eBay "Saved Sellers" list which was the link I posted, I never updated his account in my Saved Sellers because I refuse to purchase from him anymore. So my appologies for posting the "Old" MAD eBay account.

Stu

#73 11 years ago

I also have had Problems with MaD AmUsEmEnTs
    will never use them again.

If you want to find out more, and others alike, read this thread.

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/50931-MAD-AMUSEMENTS-If-you-have-had-problems-getting-your-parts?highlight=mad+amusements

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Straight up,
    I will glue, Weld, Scan copy, paint, playfield etc before ordering again from Mad.
    Sorry

#75 11 years ago

If he has the only parts and nobody buys them he will close and sell the parts to a store that we can deal with. That is how I would hope it goes.

#76 11 years ago

I just want gummies with my order.. So whoever ..whatever where ever.. just get it done..

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Um, which part in the entire world does only MAD carry that is so mission critical to a game that you have consign the game to scrapdom it out if it breaks? I am genuinely curious so I can stock up...

There have been a few motor assemblies I've needed that only mad had. One was for star wars sega a few months back. He had a nos board for a wpc95 audio before rottendog made them that I couldn't find anywhere else. I guess it would have been better to just set those machines outside in the rain though, right?

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hyperbolize much

I guess you got pwned here. Didn't expect me to actually have valid examples? Man it would have been ok had you not added this smart assed comment. Too bad it backfired.

Quoted from Squizz:

Straight up,
    I will glue, Weld, Scan copy, paint, playfield etc before ordering again from Mad.
    Sorry

No need to be sorry. If that's your stance it's valid. It definitely isn't mine.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Its quite obvious that he has screwed over many people in the past. Its unfortunate that most of the people its happened to is overseas customers that have to deal with waiting for shipping (aside from CPR). Im not sure it makes them feel any better seeing a post "well he hasnt screwed me over so he must be a ok guy"

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Its quite obvious that he has screwed over many people in the past. Its unfortunate that most of the people its happened to is overseas customers that have to deal with waiting for shipping (aside from CPR). Im not sure it makes them feel any better seeing a post "well he hasnt screwed me over so he must be a ok guy"

Yea who knows. At least I didn't say anything remotely like that.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Quoted from markmon:

Yea who knows. At least I didn't say anything remotely like that.

Reading between the lines one could take that as what you meant.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Reading between the lines one could take that as what you meant.

Why would you read between the lines? I didn't say anything remotely similar to that, as proven by what you pasted above. I asked a legitimate question for those that adamantly state that they will not do business with mad amusements. I can see making them your last choice. But when faced with the decision between your $3000-$6000 machine turning into a car sized paper weight and risking it with mad, these guys will use mad - we all will. At least I admit it.

#82 11 years ago

Mad owes me $211 in payed for parts , not including shipping . They Ignored my email follow ups etc , i would tell him to his face that he is a low life if i lived in the U.S .

#83 11 years ago

I had a bad experience with him once, but I never mentioned it, as I watched anyone who posted a negative experience on RGP (and now Pinside) get the usual "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy" follow-ups. So I never bothered posting.

I think I ordered 5 times from him in total over the past 4 years. So that means, 4 times "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy", and 1 time he was a total ass to me when trying to arrange a return of a really crappy quality repro part. Because of that 1 time, I would only use MAD as a last resort.

All you 100% happy customers can now follow with the usual "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy" follow-ups.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Why would you read between the lines? I didn't say anything remotely similar to that, as proven by what you pasted above. I asked a legitimate question for those that adamantly state that they will not do business with mad amusements. I can see making them your last choice. But when faced with the decision between your $3000-$6000 machine turning into a car sized paper weight and risking it with mad, these guys will use mad - we all will. At least I admit it.

I have to agree. I've never bought from Dr. Claw but if it came down to not playing pinball and playing pinball...the choice is obvious. Don't you agree Mad Cat?

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

There have been a few motor assemblies I've needed that only mad had. One was for Star Wars sega a few months back. He had a nos board for a wpc95 audio before rottendog made them that I couldn't find anywhere else. I guess it would have been better to just set those machines outside in the rain though, right?

I guess you got pwned here. Didn't expect me to actually have valid examples? Man it would have been ok had you not added this smart assed comment. Too bad it backfired.

No need to be sorry. If that's your stance it's valid. It definitely isn't mine.

I am stinging from the pwnage, oh NOES!

I honestly would try everything I could to get these parts without ordering from MAD, but these are at least decent examples of both sides of this story.

Both of these would have been available from other places with some patience (e.g. ebay sales etc.) but if you needed them RIGHT NOW then I guess you gots to do what you gots to do.

You may choose to support someone with a sketchy record (resulting in threads like this even existing), I may choose to be patient.

Honestly, I don't mind one of my games being down for 6 months to a year here and there... it is like getting a whole new game when it is up and running again .

#86 11 years ago

If I watch someone screw over one of my crew there is not a chance I would have contact with that person except to get my friends money back in person whether he liked it or not. I am gonna get their money. Seriously hard to believe someone would throw good money after bad. If I were standing in front of you in line, and you watched the guy take me for cash, you would really give dude your money after that? Surely not.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I had a bad experience with him once, but I never mentioned it, as I watched anyone who posted a negative experience on RGP (and now Pinside) get the usual "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy" follow-ups. So I never bothered posting.
    I think I ordered 5 times from him in total over the past 4 years. So that means, 4 times "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy", and 1 time he was a total ass to me when trying to arrange a return of a really crappy quality repro part. Because of that 1 time, I would only use MAD as a last resort.
    All you 100% happy customers can now follow with the usual "I got my parts, extra shipping costs refunded, and he gave me candy" follow-ups.

That is the theme. Horrible business practices aside, the guy is a rude a-hole... And yes markmon, if he is what separates a working AFM from being a paper weight, he will get more of my money. Conversely, if some other source has the part, I will GLADLY pay double.

#88 11 years ago

Not to play devil's advocate here, I've intentionally not ordered from MAD because of their history, but being a rude a-hole doesn't really exclude someone from doing business, especially when they have parts you need.

Look at Steve Young @ PBR....many many people told me that he was a bit rough to deal with..I had to phone in the order...talked to him directly. Had all my part numbers from his site up front and ready to go, prices, and quantities.... took a while to relay the order when email would've been MUCH more expedient (He won't take email on 1st orders..), but I had a relatively average experience. Got one wrong rubber color because OMG I ordered one size in a different color than the rest LOL.....but other people have reported really bad dealings with Steve as well.

Any time I hear these stories, unless there is a large corroboration of evidence (Which there is with MAD..), I always chalk up 30% to the customer's fault for not adjusting for dealing with a volatile seller, and 70% because frankly, a larger onus SHOULD fall to the person providing a service and taking your money. Some businesses, unfortunately, will prosper even in spite of that, because they have a unique offering.

Arcade community has Star Wars yokes...... we've got MAD.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Look at Steve Young @ PBR

I agree 100% on this. Steve was hard to deal with. I'm new to the hobby. People should want to be instructive and helpful to new people in the hobby.

I think what most people are missing in the thread is that CPR is selling items as a wholesaler to MAD, and it sounds like MAD didn't pay the invoice. Sure, I bet you got all your parts as a customer from MAD right away, because you paid money for'em . But MAD might be floating payments to their distributors, or outright not paying. And that's awful. They're essentially fencing inventory at that point. I think that's what CPR is talking about.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Look at Steve Young @ PBR....many many people told me that he was a bit rough to deal with..

The key difference between Steve and Mike is that nobody has ever accused Steve of being a thief. Sure, Steve can be a bit hard to deal with at times, but at the end of the day, he's a honest seller with integrity. The accusations piling up against Mike point toward something much more nefarious going on.

#91 11 years ago

wow...such negative vibes. Guess I'll have to chime in that i too have never had a problem with using them - even recently. Maybe its just an international thing.

Its odd, reading all the descriptions about this "douche" and how ppl hope his business tanks. Yet, with all the descriptions of anti-social customer service, bad communications skills and an inventory others don't stock, another pin parts supplier came to mind. While I won't deal with him unless I have to, everyone seems to love him. Guess some places get a pass while others get the hammer.

Quoted from Frax:

Look at Steve Young @ PBR

What he said.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The key difference between Steve and Mike is that nobody has ever accused Steve of being a thief.

Agreed, but I was just saying in GENERAL that being hard to deal with on it's own is not enough to cripple a business.

#93 11 years ago

Steve Young comes across a little harsh, but it a valued addition to Pinball, and once you get to know what to expect (as would be the case with anyone), he is great to deal with, talk with, and is helpful for things he can’t sell, and has assisted in designs for many different things throughout the years.

#94 11 years ago

I only deal with PBR via email. I've never called in, even for my first order.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Steve Young comes across a little harsh, but it a valued addition to Pinball, and once you get to know what to expect (as would be the case with anyone), he is great to deal with, talk with, and is helpful for things he can’t sell, and has assisted in designs for many different things throughout the years.

And I've had just the opposite. While I've been able to eventually get the parts I need, dealing with him is more of a chore than i ever want to endure unless I have no other choice. The man always has to be right - and when he's not right its somehow my fault. even when I spend all the time to make sure I have all the info presented to him in the right order, if he has a problem locating or knowing something, I've somehow screwed it up. The most advice I've been able to wrangle from him is that I should be better prepared when ordering from him.

Started dealing with him (or actually his assistant) via email. Then it was my fault that orders/shipments were missed because I had the poor planning to email an order when the assistant was on vacation (apparently Steve wasn't aware or something).

I have none of this experience from Mad. Add items to a shopping cart, go thru check out, and in a few days I have parts.

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

if he has a problem locating or knowing something, I've somehow screwed it up.

This has been my experience. His website is hard to navigate so it's no wonder I can't find part numbers for specific items! He was really upset that I had broken a playfield post and told me they're not making any more and that if I keep it up I'll have to go to a shop and have a post made to order. Talk about melodramatic. Meanwhile I was able to reuse a Marco post under a different part number thanks to some pinsiders letting me know.

When I called Marco on the phone, after I placed an order over the weekend and needed to add a new part, they called me back on Monday (responded to a voicemail! ) and let me know they put the part in for shipment for me. I know Marco's prices aren't the best, but the customer service is strong. Also, I really like just adding stuff to my cart and paying with credit card. It's so much easier. Steve's got stuff that no one else has, and so I will never be able to deal with other vendors 100%, but he'd get a lot more of my business if he was nicer and his site was easier to use.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I only deal with PBR via email. I've never called in, even for my first order.

+1

i don't care how harsh the steve can be, at least he never rip or ignore someone and that's the problem here with mad.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

This has been my experience. His website is hard to navigate so it's no wonder I can't find part numbers for specific items! He was really upset that I had broken a playfield post and told me they're not making any more and that if I keep it up I'll have to go to a shop and have a post made to order. Talk about melodramatic. Meanwhile I was able to reuse a Marco post under a different part number thanks to some pinsiders letting me know.
    When I called Marco on the phone, after I placed an order over the weekend and needed to add a new part, they called me back on Monday (responded to a voicemail! ) and let me know they put the part in for shipment for me. I know Marco's prices aren't the best, but the customer service is strong. Also, I really like just adding stuff to my cart and paying with credit card. It's so much easier. Steve's got stuff that no one else has, and so I will never be able to deal with other vendors 100%, but he'd get a lot more of my business if he was nicer and his site was easier to use.

Marco's site is maddening since they reformatted it, try and narrow it down to PF parts and you get the tilt page.
    Type bony flippers into the search engine and it shows you a sheet of PF glass.
    WTF?
    I used to go there first, now it is my last resort.

#99 11 years ago

They should add a poll to this thread that says:

If you were aware that Mad Amusements never paid CPR for $XX,XXX.00 worth of parts, would you boycott them even if they were the only option you had for something you needed for a game?

#100 11 years ago

Something I've noticed with all pinball dealers, retailers or whatnot is the poor customer service. It's rampant. I've called pinball life and got the ladies and they were horrible, not wanting to look things up etc. It happens. The point being that I don't get how judgement is being passed on poor service in regards to the whole company? I guess I can see Mike is the main MAD dude so a lot of it is on him.

My frustration has always been that it seems that with any of the pinball places to order parts I have had a bad experience, but in reality I get over it and get my parts.

Too many people get too attached to some of these distributors imo because you can call and speak to the owner, which in many businesses, is crazy and unheard of. I think that is taken for granted on many occasions.

In the end, I do agree customer service across the board on average is poor. A lot of it is that they are not quite large enough to get a solid customer service department, but still large enough to get flooded with orders. I can understand that. Someday companies will realize that proper customer service is the key to sales.

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-gets-called-to-the-carpet-by-cpr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.