Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you been scammed by MAD amusements or even pinball parts on eBay? ”

• Yes 8 votes
      10%
    • No 69 votes
      86%
    • No but I will help you reach my friend that was. 3 votes
      4%

(80 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Ok. I know this is scattered throughout the site and I have tried to message some of the other victims and admins yet they simply do not read message which I find just baffling. The time has come for this to end but I need your stories. This is a felony. Let’s put an end to this scamming. Finally Mike Ducker has met his match! Message me please. Let’s just solve it once and for all. Doesn’t matter how old your story is.

#2 4 years ago

Mike is a good dude. Never had an issue.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

A good dude? Is that what you call someone who steals money from others in our hobby?

Hate to be one of your friends if stealing from people is considered being a "good dude".

Hope you feel good supporting a low life criminal.

#4 4 years ago

I have never delt with him or his company but it seems he only "scams" people from outside the US from what I've read.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

I have never delt with him or his company but it seems he only "scams" people from outside the US from what I've read.

That's ok then!!!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

I live in Florida, last time I checked Florida was part of the 50 states. Did something change?

#7 4 years ago

Never said it was ok, and also said from what I've read. There is a reason I've never delt with him or his company.

#8 4 years ago

Mike is a good dude.

No, he's not. Just because a thief hasn't stolen from you does not mean he's not a thief.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mskaties:

Ok. I know this is scattered throughout the site and I have tried to message some of the other victims and admins yet they simply do not read message which I find just baffling. The time has come for this to end but I need your stories. This is a felony. Let’s put an end to this scamming. Finally Mike Ducker has met his match! Message me please. Let’s just solve it once and for all. Doesn’t matter how old your story is.

Don't get aggravated with people on this site for not contacting you right away, so many (the latest by Nerdygirl I think) threads have been started with intentions the same as yours only to go nowhere. Don't get me wrong, all the pinsiders intentions were good and they honestly wanted and tried to be of help but, it just seems all of the public figures in a position to help seem to be lacking a true interest in pursuing it. Mike is bad for pinball period, rather he's personally ripped you off or others you know in the community.

#10 4 years ago

This is honestly probably the most stupid and offensive thing that will be posted on Pinside all week. Congrats, you have unlocked that achievement!

#11 4 years ago

New OP, location unknown and making a post with “AGAIN” in the title.

Theft is wrong on all accounts, if that’s the case here (I’ve not dealt with MAD) I’m curious though why the OP has not had any any real interactions on pinside, but creates a drama thread rallying the troops. How is the OP going to put an “end” to whatever this is and what does that even mean? Is there a class action lawsuit?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

New OP, location unknown and making a post with “AGAIN” in the title.

OP has taken it to start a new thread on the topic, made a similar post yesterday:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheated-by-mad-amusements-mad-amusements#post-5123581

#13 4 years ago

I used to get so aggravated that the guy wouldn't let me pick up a backglass to save on shipping, or let me pick up a drop target in an emergency. I'm not far, and there's a killer Chinese/Malaysian place near him where I could grab dinner. Two birds with one stone I figured.

He said he couldn't have people just showing up all day for stuff, or have people wasting his time not showing up for stuff altogether. But I guess he was probably worried a pissed off Canadian or European would show up at his door.

Maybe the OP has already won? I don't even see a website for Mad anymore. Just me?

#14 4 years ago

Not sure this is helpful, but in case someone is lining up for a class action or other lawsuit and wants more information on past forum discussions, one of the moderators had added a search link (see post # 3 in the topic below) to find related topics. Here's the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us

and here's the search link from post #3 in that thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=Mad+amusements+&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

#15 4 years ago

What ever happened to buyer beware?
    Like everyone here knows.
    sooner or latter, the bad rap alone will put him
    out of business.

#16 4 years ago

I am baffled that people still order from them

#17 4 years ago

I don't care if they kick me off here.....YOU, sir, are an asshole!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I don't care if they kick me off here.....YOU, sir, are an asshole!

Ok. It’s cool. There is also 29 other people that voted no to being scammed. Jeesh. Tough crowd. I’ll try to get scammed by him so I can join the club.

#19 4 years ago

Ok. It’s cool. There is also 29 other people that voted no to being scammed. Jeesh. Tough crowd. I’ll try to get scammed by him so I can join the club.

Way to go, take one for the team!
    I 2 have never been scammed hence: buyer beware

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

I used to get so aggravated that the guy wouldn't let me pick up a backglass to save on shipping, or let me pick up a drop target in an emergency. I'm not far, and there's a killer Chinese/Malaysian place near him where I could grab dinner. Two birds with one stone I figured.
    He said he couldn't have people just showing up all day for stuff, or have people wasting his time not showing up for stuff altogether. But I guess he was probably worried a pissed off Canadian or European would show up at his door.
    Maybe the OP has already won? I don't even see a website for Mad anymore. Just me?

The domain listed in the other thread is not correct. His website is still up

#21 4 years ago

I've ordered many times from Mad Amusements but haven't ordered anything in the past year or so. I never had a problem in ordering from him. Orders all arrived in good condition and promptly.....usually in 1 day. Maybe he can answer on this thread and address those issues but I've never had a problem and I've ordered many times from his website....just not recently.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Maybe he can answer on this thread and address those issues

You know, I've just got this crazy feeling he's not gonna do that.

I ordered from him long before any of these issues came to light (probably 8 years ago). I bought a WH2O replacement plastic. The art on the plastic wasn't screen printed, it was grainy and terrible looking, and the colors were completely wrong. I paid 20-30 bucks for it and wasn't gonna be able to use it, so I complained to him and wanted to send it back for a refund. He responded like a jerk and told me the plastic was clearly pictured on his website and what was pictured (in a low res postage stamp sized picture) was exactly what I got. I realize now that he probably already spent my 20-30 bucks on scratch off lottery tickets as he went radio silent and would never respond to me again. I wrote him off then.

#23 4 years ago

Just bought a Rocky & Bullwinkle Fire Button from Mike

Bought it Saturday Afternoon

I got it on my door step - MONDAY
    Was very pleased

Never an issue

#24 4 years ago

Seems as if there is NO consensus, almost haphazard who has good luck and who gets screwed.
    So ODD.

#25 4 years ago

I voted no but I've never done business with him because I've been warned many times about him.

#26 4 years ago

Need another voting category - "Tried to screw me but I either got lucky or figured it out before he could, thanks to Pinside". I'd check that box.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheated-by-mad-amusements-mad-amusements#post-5123977

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Just bought a Rocky & Bullwinkle Fire Button from Mike
    Bought it Saturday Afternoon
    I got it on my door step - MONDAY
    Was very pleased
    Never an issue

Way to go. Glad you like supporting a thief. Guess you have no morals either.

#28 4 years ago

Is there a way to make a “buyer beware” sticky? I accidentally ordered from this individual “pinball parts” on eBay not knowing others have had issues with them. A sticky might help others from making the same mistake I did.

#29 4 years ago

How do you propose Robin does that without taking sides with vendors? (put yourself in his shoes for a moment) How can he do that and stay impartial? What are the thresholds for his impartial actions?

My assertion is that topics just like this one, make the biggest difference. (As long as the title comes up first-page on google, that is)

https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+mad+amusements <== reveals a LOT on the first page.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay+*pinballparts* <== reveals a little on the first page.

-mof

#30 4 years ago

How did you get screwed? 30 posts in and there’s no story to warrant your desire to pitchfork mad amusement . Yes there are other stories out there but what is yours?

#31 4 years ago

I think with MAD's history a story is really necessary is it?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

I think with MAD's history a story is really necessary is it?

.....well yeah, this new member of pinside is claiming felonious activity. That’s a pretty strong accusation.

#33 4 years ago

I'm not sure his "newness" is really relevant other than someone "new" might be more inclined to purchase and get burned.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

.....well yeah, this new member of pinside is claiming felonious activity. That’s a pretty strong accusation.

How much merchandise does he have to not deliver before its a felony?

#35 4 years ago

Think that he is guilty of mail fraud as well. Offering parts for sale, taking monies, and not sending the items, or returning the money.

#36 4 years ago

If it wasn’t for a thread just like this one, I would have ordered through this guy and being outside of the US I’m pretty sure I would have been In the yes I got scammed vote.
    I don’t mind how many of these threads there are. The more of them out there, the more chance the word will spread.

2 weeks later
    #37 4 years ago

I voted NO because I've seen the threads and know to avoid Mad.....

#38 4 years ago

Yet another poll on Pinside not using clean logic to get clear results.

You need:

1) Yes
    2) Have ordered and NOT been scammed
    3) Never ordered from him

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-again-please-read-?hl=djtkach and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.