Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-950.jpg
    abandon-thread nothing.gif
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Does anyone know what's going on with Mad Amusements lately ,I am getting no emails back too me or phone calls ether ?

#2 10 years ago

Find the big monster thread on them...you're international, so you may be in for a challenge!

#3 10 years ago

Oh lord, not another one. Other thread summary...
    U.S. Not many problems
    Other - DO NOT ORDER.
    Good luck.

#4 10 years ago

I have ordered lots of things though them for years but just this last order no email back or phone calls ?

#5 10 years ago

Just got an order from Mike yesterday.

#6 10 years ago

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

#7 10 years ago

Oh, geez. Can we just all agree not to discuss Mad Amusements. "At Your Own Risk" comes to mind based on prior threads.

#8 10 years ago

abandon-thread nothing.gifabandon-thread nothing.gif

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Other - DO NOT ORDER

He's not your buddy, guy.

#10 10 years ago

The warning is on the sign above the door!

#11 10 years ago

If Mike makes these parts available to non-US buyers then what right does he have to radio silence? If you stink someone is going to smell it and complain.

#12 10 years ago

Just not right at all

#13 10 years ago

Check, has he cancelled your account and blocked your IP address.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Doozie:

Check, has he cancelled your account and blocked your IP address.

No my order is still there it just says not shipped need more too ship but hasn't back too me as of yet don't know why .its been two weeks when I order it

#15 10 years ago

Don't let it exceed the timeframe for making a claim to get your money back whether it's PayPal or a credit card.... And based on other peoples' prior issues, I would only ever use a form of payment where I can be sure to get my money back from this guy.

#16 10 years ago

Yes I went though PayPal and you have 45 days right ?

#17 10 years ago

Yes you have 45 days to file a claim for a transaction outside of Ebay.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from cardfelon:

Yes you have 45 days to file a claim for a transaction outside of Ebay.

Ok thanks

#19 10 years ago

Good luck

#20 10 years ago

I'm in the U.S. and he hasn't responded to my email and phone call I left for him 1 month ago. I quit buying there regardless of his lower prices.

#21 10 years ago

No more parts for U. NEXT..................

Quoted from Williampinball:

No my order is still there it just says not shipped need more too ship but hasn't back too me as of yet don't know why .its been two weeks when I order it

#22 10 years ago

I bought a few parts from him a month ago. No problems.

#23 10 years ago

Every order I have ever placed with Mad has been on my doorstep in 48 hours. Never had a problem.

-BB

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Every order I have ever placed with Mad has been on my doorstep in 48 hours. Never had a problem.

That's because you live in New York and can get your hands on him....

#25 10 years ago

He packs my orders and puts the shipping labels on within hours of placement. Exceptional customer service from my experience. I am in the states though!

#26 10 years ago

My daughter likes the candy they send...

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I wouldn't eat any candy from China, they have poisoned our dogs and us with tainted food and drywall.
    Parts go into the game, candy goes in the trash.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I'm with Tracelifter on this one.

I would not give that candy to my daughter (unless you are trying to sterilize her).

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

they have poisoned our dogs and us with tainted food and drywall

RDs tip of the day ... Don't eat drywall.

Not very tasty. And very dry.

rd.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

RDs tip of the day ... Don't eat drywall.
    Not very tasty. And very dry.

rd.

You don't have to eat it, it eats you and all of your plumbing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_drywall

#31 10 years ago

Everything is ok Mike emailed me today and we worked everything out ,he's got too many orders on he's hands

#32 10 years ago

Good to hear, just put in an order on Tuesday.

#33 10 years ago

I live about 30 mins from where Mike is located. I always have had my parts the next day. He has been great to deal with in the experiences I have had with him.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Everything is ok Mike emailed me today and we worked everything out ,he's got too many orders on he's hands

sure he does...so swamped with orders he can't keep up keep us posted how long your order takes op and after reading this thread i know exactly who i will never buy anything from ever, thanks for the heads up!

#35 10 years ago

I have got my parts from Mike over the years and always been great and fast shipping ,great parts also ,I think this was all about the over size parts couldn't be ship together that's all

#36 10 years ago

Or an email which would have taken a few seconds and explained so much

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Or an email which would have taken a few seconds and explained so much

That's right that's all it takes

#38 10 years ago

Sorry for hijack but since this is an active thread regarding retailers I thought I would ask if any knows what's going on with BAA? Seems like every part I look for they're out of stock. Has anyone else experienced the same? Maybe its just me...

#39 10 years ago

I have the damndest time getting his website to come up, some days it does, other days nothing? can't figure it out!

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

Sorry for hijack but since this is an active thread regarding retailers I thought I would ask if any knows what's going on with BAA? Seems like every part I look for they're out of stock. Has anyone else experienced the same? Maybe its just me...

I noticed that too. BAA is still my favorite place though and I always try them first.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

Well, I know they've had my battery holders and anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminators in hand for two months now, yet they've not made it to the site.

Rick's certainly very busy with all he's got going on, maybe it's time to hire someone to update the site?

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#42 10 years ago

I was thinking the same thing Borygard. If he's so busy, why doesn't he just hire someone for help? Communication is #1. Takes a minute or two to send out an email. Two weeks with no email isn't acceptable. I don't mind waiting if i get an explanation to why there's a hold on my package.

Thanks for letting me know to stay away from Mad Amusements. I'm not sure how companies like that survive.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I noticed that too. BAA is still my favorite place though and I always try them first.

Really? I find their site outdated, not easy to navigate and the search feature not so hot. Items listed as in stock not in stock after ordering. Add to that, BAA has some items that PPS doesn't and vise versa.

The model for a stream lined parts vendor is Marco by far. They can be a little more at times but I would rather buy everything from one spot than have to order from three sites. Search feature is outstanding and I love the related parts suggestions when you select something.

Marco first for me with pinballlife a close second. Great site, better prices than Marco on most items but not as much in product offering. BAA/PPS is down there after little shop of games and PDI that use PayPal redirects but have straight forward sites with updated product inventory.

#44 10 years ago

I'm not sure how companies like that survive.

By screwing over international customers, using local law loopholes to avoid international police, and magically produce the product when the 2% of people that get screwed actually persue it.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

Check the planetary pinball site instead, a lot of it is on that site. prices are usually slightly different though.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm with Tracelifter on this one.
    I would not give that candy to my daughter (unless you are trying to sterilize her).

That is not just any candy my friend,that good sir is a Jelly Belly variety pack that if not opened correctly,can enhance your experience with a rogue bean in your seat cushion years from now!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from karmalord:

That is not just any candy my friend,that good sir is a Jelly Belly variety pack that if not opened correctly,can enhance your experience with a rogue bean in your seat cushion years from now!

Jelly Bellys are sent with BAA orders, Mad sends the Chinese made stuff.

1 month later
    #48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

By screwing over international customers, using local law loopholes to avoid international police, and magically produce the product when the 2% of people that get screwed actually persue it.

Any advice on how to get your money back?

#49 9 years ago

Contact international authorities. He will either refund you or magically produce the item.

#50 9 years ago

What international authorities are there to contact?

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.