Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.png
hitachi_wand.jpg
missile.jpg
Sexy_MissPacMan-Jonathan_Bergeron-Ink-trampt-7010o.jpg
bad-santa-pinball-o.gif
Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.png
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

Taf, tom, woz

#102 9 years ago

Woman

Woe man

Whoa man

She was a thief
You gotta believe

She stole my heart and my cat

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Yeah, if you do a head count at league events or conventions its certainly mostly men. But, why? Then I see a thread like this, see a bunch of grown men making vibrator jokes and I'm not as surprised. It's kinda lame boys club behavior, and its why pinside lost a few really cool women who are in the hobby.

I get it. The original poster basically wanted to know what games appealed to women, as if women are pretty much all the same, and all you have to do is slap 'Theme W' on a pinball machine and all of the sudden all the conventions will fill up with women, and everyone's significant others will all start loving pinball.

I never gave much thought to how many woman are in this hobby but now I may be curious. The Pinside asks if your a male or a female when joining, I'm curious now to see what the percentage is of Females on the Pinside. Is there a way to figure that out?

Post edited by bonzo442: did not add the blockquote

#105 9 years ago

sex machine..... Get up.... Get on up.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Woman
Woe man
Whoa man
She was a thief
You gotta believe
She stole my heart and my cat

Betty
Judy
Josie and those hot pussycat
They make me horny
Saturday morney
Girls of cartoons
Will leave you in ruins
I want to be Betty's Barney

#107 9 years ago

My wife likes Maverick...if she likes the movie, she'll like the pin
She and my daughter hate any EM's I've owned as the chimes drive them crazy. I can now only buy machines with a volume control

#108 9 years ago

My wife has really got into pinball over the last couple of years. There are a few that I know she likes and many have already mentioned.

- Theatre of Magic
- White Water
- Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Circus Voltaire
- Tales from the Crypt

#109 9 years ago

Wife's Favs

FH
CV
WH2O
WW
MB
AFM
BOP
she has been playing IMVE exclusively since I brought it home a couple months ago

#110 9 years ago

I will play anything and everything with the exception of Funhouse. Rudy scares me.

#111 9 years ago

My girl seem to like ToM , BoP and WOZ too

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I never gave much thought to how many woman are in this hobby but now I may be curious. The Pinside asks if your a male or a female when joining, I'm curious now to see what the percentage is of Females on the Pinside. Is there a way to figure that out?

Per the women's club thread I started, there's less than 15 women on Pinside. I know of 3 that have quit, so we're probably down to more like a dozen.

#113 9 years ago

This.

And my wife seems to like EM's more than the newer more modern/confusing games. Jungle Princess is her favorite out of my current lineup.

#115 9 years ago

Out of my collection the girl likes high speed>comet>300. And can't stand tri-zone lol.

Went to headquarters in Chicago a few times, she always seems to gravitate around AFM and AC DC, with a nod to mustang.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I will play anything and everything with the exception of Funhouse. Rudy scares me.

Yep!!! I can't stand FH, to that add RS, and CV...the ringmaster is just CREEPY!!!

Quoted from blondetall:

Per the women's club thread I started, there's less than 15 women on Pinside. I know of 3 that have quit, so we're probably down to more like a dozen.

There are quite a few that are maybe not on here...but I see them at shows and tourneys and such...

Phoebe

#117 9 years ago

My wife loves street fighter 2. Its just a nostalgia thing. Had to get the SF2 arcade machine too, she loves both.

Plus, the rules are so easy on SF2 she says its the only machine she understands whats going on.

#118 9 years ago

My wife "dislikes" the CHEAP ones less than more expensive ones....

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

LOTR LE. Coincidentally I have one for sale ...

My wife's favorite appears to be LoTR as well, although I am currently forbidden from selling it...

#120 9 years ago

The only pin my wife really likes (she will play when I am not around) is IronMan. She also likes Tron and LOTR (due to the theme) but struggles with the gameplay of LOTR as she finds it too busy.

IM and Tron (in her words) are easy to just play (and have fun).

#121 9 years ago

W?D....they just loooove it

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

The only pin my wife really likes (she will play when I am not around) is IronMan. She also likes Tron and LOTR (due to the theme) but struggles with the gameplay of LOTR as she finds it too busy.
IM and Tron (in her words) are easy to just play (and have fun).

IM/Tron and "easy to play" don't usually go together.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

IM/Tron and "easy to play" don't usually go together.

Easy to bash around on and have fun. I'd agree, LOTR isn't really that fun to just pick up and play.

#124 9 years ago

Women machine-like

#125 9 years ago

Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.png

sold

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Wow, thats a lot less than I had even figured, thanks for the info.

#127 9 years ago

Grand Prix goes down well here out of the pins I own, its easier to understand than some and scores real well when its going, so anyone can put up a good score and feel competitive.

#128 9 years ago

I currently have NASCAR, Jungle Lord, RFM, Jacks Open, Wipeout, Blackwater 100 and Flash here, my wife's favourite game is Big Buck Safari lol.

#129 9 years ago

My wife favs
Shrek (she always ask me to buy one but it will never happen)
Mb
Woz
Potc

#130 9 years ago

Congo and RFM are popular with the fairer sex at my house.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
1 week later
#132 9 years ago

WOZ WOZ WOZ. The womans were all over my RRWOZ this weekend.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Most women seem to like TOM.

I won't lie; TOM is my favorite because it's how I discovered DMD pinball. I'm not a typical woman in the sense that I already love pinball, so I'm probably not a good judge of what a newbie or casually interested woman would want, but I would say theme is huge.

Other women who have come over to play at my house really loved Who Dunnit?, and AC/DC. Even my 9 year old daughter liked AC/DC.

You maybe should just ask her.

#134 9 years ago

Mine likes my new tspp, never before has she said she likes a machine..

#135 9 years ago

My wife likes DM, but that's the only machine she has every played.

I'm taking her to a bar that has about 10 machines on the 28th, after stopping at a fellow Pinsider's house before hand. So she'll have the chance to play 15-20 of most of the A-List titles. We'll see how much she likes DM after that trip.

I'm hoping when we get home she looks at me and says "Go buy "InsertMachineNameHere".

#136 9 years ago

For some reason, the missus really likes RFM. She's not a huge fan of my WOZ, CV, LOTR, etc. *shrug*

#137 9 years ago

Both my wife and 2 year old daughter both seem to like TSPP more than my other games, but it's not like I can't tear my wife off the machine or anything like that.

She'll play a couple of games, but that's as far as her interest goes. I've come to realize that if you are trying to get your wife/girlfriend into pinball, don't push it. If she's interested, great. If not, let it be.

#138 9 years ago

Non pinball people don't care about deep rule sets and don't want you going on about the rules. Get a old school 80s SS game.

#139 9 years ago

WOF
South Park
TFLE

#140 9 years ago

Bad Cats, Tommy, WOZ, IM

#141 9 years ago

Surprised WH2O hasn't been mentioned. My wife would kill me if I sold it.

#142 9 years ago

Generally speaking, the less threatening and mysogynistic the theme, the more women will dig it. The games women play the most at my joint are EM's (Christian Marche artwork seems to do lots of ladies well) Roadshow and Lord of the Rings are two modern games they seem to dig.

and for some strange reason... Laser Cue. HA!

#143 9 years ago

I love pinball just as much as my husband... if not more!!! I love every machine in our collection, but if I had to pick my favs they would be AFM, MM, TZ, TWD, CFTBL, and FH.

#144 9 years ago

On the extremely rare occasion that my wife goes into the game room, Tron is her game of choice, followed by Creature from the Black Lagoon. She's indifferent toward all of my games, but those two garner the least indifference.

#145 9 years ago

Out of the games I had/own, my wife likes Jurassic Park most, and was sad when I sold it. I thought she'd like Bad Cats since she loves cats, but she has only played it once. Comet is not working 100% yet (still need displays), so I haven't let her play it yet to test out Vid's suggestion.

My 2 1/2 year old son on the other hand LOVES the Bad Cats. He asks me if we can "go in the basement and play Meow meow meow meow" daily.

#146 9 years ago

I currently have 7 machines and have sold/ traded 40. My wife's favorite I still have is TZ because of the theme, look, call outs , toys, and shots. As far as playing and over all look she really liked TOTAN and CFTBL of the ones I no longer have. My 30 year old daughter liked TOTAN and her current favorite is AFM. My 20 year old daughter who loves to play and is very good prefers of my current pins TZ and LOTR and former pins TOTAN and FS.

#147 9 years ago

my wife likes Medieval Madness and Monster Bash.

Two of the most expensive machines. go figure.

#148 9 years ago

From my experience, the more ascetically pleasing, the more they like them i.e. LEDs. Also, theme is a huge player as well. Like someone else said, if they like the movie or theme they will like the game. But theme isn't everything, for example she loves JD, JM, and DM but doesn't really care about the themes at all. However, all three are clean and have LEDs in them. WOZ was her Christmas gift because of course it was her favorite. TWD will be next because she loves the show and enjoyed it when she played it at a show. Others on her wishlist include White Water, ToM, Shadow (because she saw one blinged out at a show), Star Trek the Next Generation (doesn't like the theme but she loves the gameplay), and a lot more. If she will tolerate it, take her to a pinball show and see what she gravitates to. That's how we found most of our games that she likes.

#149 9 years ago

ATM....debit....anything that allows ebay or facebook...

1 week later
#150 9 years ago

I once bought a Bad Cats because my girlie liked it. She played it twice and then went on to the rest of her life.

HA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-woman-like/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.