Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.png
hitachi_wand.jpg
missile.jpg
Sexy_MissPacMan-Jonathan_Bergeron-Ink-trampt-7010o.jpg
bad-santa-pinball-o.gif
Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.png

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Was wondering since my wife doesn't seem to like pinball much if anyone can share what machines woman seem to gravitate towards?

#2 9 years ago

My wife loved F-14 Tomcat for some reason, still tells me she's mad that I sold it.

She loves WCS94, most non pinheads do because it's fun, and easy to grasp the basics.

#3 9 years ago

My wife made me buy a cv , she played it about 6 months and then sold it and bought her a bride of pinbot she never played it once (and she asked for it ) , but then I bought a nba fastbreak and loved it she always plays it doesn't let me sell it , but now that twd arrived she forgot about nbafb .....

#4 9 years ago

Most women seem to like TOM.

#5 9 years ago

That is funny about the WCS94 because we just visited Modern Pinball in NYC and my stepdaughter liked only that game. My daughter played TWD cause she likes the show and my wife opted to shop Ughh

#6 9 years ago

TAF often gets women tickled for some reason...

#8 9 years ago

My girlfriend's favorites are TOM, Scared Stiff, WhoDunnit, The Shadow, Safecracker, Taxi, Attack From Mars and Star Trek. She's generally terrified of anything designed by Steve Richie (except Trek) and confused by anything Pat Lawlor (except Safecracker). Nothing pre-System 11 holds her interest.

#9 9 years ago

If she doesn't like pinball, the machine won't matter. I've seen this a couple times already...

#10 9 years ago

None that I've ever found.

#11 9 years ago

My wife loves all games that I have sold And hates all that are bought

#12 9 years ago

I have never seen women gravitate to a machine like they do TFTC. The cryptkeeper just has a certain charm to them.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Tensikka:

So True!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Tensikka:

... all my girl likes to play is World of Warcraft and ipad crap. She's such a geek~

#15 9 years ago

Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-06 at 11.37.14 AM.png

invisible

#16 9 years ago

Comet
AFM
TOM

In that order.

#17 9 years ago

Pac man, ms pacman, galaga, and centipede.

#18 9 years ago

i guess they like this game too. High Speed?

bad-santa-pinball-o.gifbad-santa-pinball-o.gif
#19 9 years ago

My mother in law was addicted to FishTales...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

Pac man, ms pacman, galaga, and centipede.

Pac Man was a game created for women because "Women like to Eat"

Sexy_MissPacMan-Jonathan_Bergeron-Ink-trampt-7010o.jpgSexy_MissPacMan-Jonathan_Bergeron-Ink-trampt-7010o.jpg

#21 9 years ago

Wizard of Oz
White Water
WHO dunnit

Had no idea before listing these that they all start with 'W'.

#22 9 years ago

Some of my wifes favorites over the years are Funhouse,BK2K,EATPM and TFTC.....On a side note some pins she has never liked are TAF(Callouts) :roll:and TZ (my favorite)As a disclaimer we have been playing pinball together for 25 years.

#23 9 years ago

Monster Bash

#24 9 years ago

My Wife's favorites were:

POTC
IJ
MM
ToM

#25 9 years ago

Are you asking about Pinball machines or?

#26 9 years ago

The trick is finding the right woman, not the right pin.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

The trick is finding the right woman, not the right pin.

A very wise man !

#28 9 years ago

My wife declared F14 as 'hers'. I put the message, "Kill that Yagov" in the custom menu. She was pissed enough that I blamed it on Steve Ritchie.

#29 9 years ago

LOTR LE. Coincidentally I have one for sale ...

#30 9 years ago

Any pin once or twice, after that no real interest. If they don't really enjoy pinball in general, one special pin is not going to do it.

She will happily play for a few hours at places like PAPA and pinfest. But she is all over the place, no particular pin speaks to her.

But I can guarantee no EM pin is of interest.

I have had many pins cycle through my living room and given the choice she would much rather play Qbert or Qbert's Qubes on the MAME.

#31 9 years ago

My ex liked checkpoint and ac/dc. Current gf likes CSI, metallica and ST. I think games that don't drain immediately or where you can start a mode or multiball easy are more fun for new people to get into. The theme of course helps. My gf thought woz was pretty so she "liked it".

#32 9 years ago

Scared Stiff, CFTBL, MM, ToM, MB

#34 9 years ago

TFTC, SS, MB.

#35 9 years ago

Mi wife land my daughter like

Wizard of oz
and
TOM

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

vibrator.jpg 3 KB

This should be the picture to signify NIB. Notice no KY in the picture.

#38 9 years ago

It's probably the same for women as for men. They like some and dont like others, all personal preference.

My wife who does not "get" pinball gravitated to Party Zone, MET, and CC ( yes she has expensive taste) when I dragged her to SFGE. She also seemed to like EMs... less intimidating maybe?

Post edited by rustybomber79: afterthought

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#40 9 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Was wondering since my wife doesn't seem to like pinball much if anyone can share what machines woman seem to gravitate towards?

Lots of machines that women love are here: http://www.mylovemachine.com/

#41 9 years ago

My wife liked T3 because she likes Arnold. She liked all the call outs etc

She'd probally like flintstones etc

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Some people just don't like pinball.

#43 9 years ago

MM
Scared Stiff
Bride Of Pinbot

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Scared Stiff, CFTBL, MM, ToM, MB

I have (errrrr, we) CFTBL,TOM, CC. MMr on order. Want Scared Stiff, and Spider-Man. Love to play MB and TOTAN and AFM at others homes. Also enjoy FT...

-A woman

#45 9 years ago

My wife likes taf, met, mm, afm

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

vibrator.jpg 3 KB

It's a space shuttle!!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Wife loves Sterns Playboy. Also with some parties we had, the ladies all gathered around Playboy no matter who was playing and laughing the whole time. Now who couldn't love a game with a playfield like this. The call-outs are funny too!

DSC04428.JPG 246 KB

Ok first off if you're gonna have a PB this is the one...and the pics to have on it...the others are just??? Stupid IMO!! What's the point otherwise??
I personally like EM wise Space Mission and Spirit of 76. Early SS wise, there are sooo many that it is hard to list...Star Light, Barracora, Cosmic Gunfight, Pharaoh, Algar, Scorpion, Blackout, Farfalla (European BG is the only option for this one), Fathom...System 11 Bad Cats, F-14, Taxi...WPC, AFM, Congo, TOTAN, TOM, SS. Newer games POTC, CSI, SM, AC/DC, Met...I can't stand WCS94, The Shadow, TAF, or CV...The ringmaster is creepy. WOZ just doesn't do ANYTHING for me, sorry I tried to like it...
But then I like Pinball in general, so I guess my votes don't count!!!

Phoebe

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Ok first off if you're gonna have a PB this is the one...and the pics to have on it...the others are just??? Stupid IMO!! What's the point otherwise??
I personally like EM wise Space Mission and Spirit of 76. Early SS wise, there are sooo many that it is hard to list...Star Light, Barracora, Cosmic Gunfight, Pharaoh, Algar, Scorpion, Blackout, Farfalla (European BG is the only option for this one), Fathom...System 11 Bad Cats, F-14, Taxi...WPC, AFM, Congo, TOTAN, TOM, SS. Newer games POTC, CSI, SM, AC/DC, Met...I can't stand WCS94, The Shadow, TAF, or CV...The ringmaster is creepy. Don't even get me started on FH or RS... WOZ just doesn't do ANYTHING for me, sorry I tried to like it...
But then I like Pinball in general, so I guess my votes don't count!!!
Phoebe

#50 9 years ago

(Out of my collection)
GF likes Whirlwind best.
-mof

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 70.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
13,000 (Firm)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-woman-like and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.