Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern_mustang_war.jpg
    robowar.jpg
    stern_mustang.jpg
    image-508.jpg
    image-475.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    169825.jpg
    image-35-933.jpg
    image-22-414.jpg
    image-D6.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    funhouse.jpg
    addams.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

MB = MM = AFM = LotR

STTNG = ST

CV = ToM (reversed)

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But THESE, I'm familiar with...and I just don't see that familiarity in PFs outside of the Starship Enterprise.

Funny - actually i think the Enterprise (or whatever the new ship is called) is the only thing not completely similar!

Let me see, on STTNG there's a middle Starship main shot - in ST there's a middle Starship main shot.
    Next to it on the left the alpha-ramp is leading straight to the left flipper, same ramp, same location, it even has the SAME NAME!
    Next to it on the right a standup Target, same on both machines. Next to that on the right is the beta-ramp, same spot, same name on both.
    Next to it the right looplane ending with the right upper flipper, check, same on STTNG & ST.
    Further on the right ST has 3 Targets, not the same but similar to STTNG.
    The Neutral Zone is missing on ST because it's not a widebody and doesn't have the space, but at least the 3 Targets from STTNG are there, they just moved a little and are now to the left of the warp ramp - which itself is placed exactly where the delta quadrant ramp in STTNG is.
    Right loop of course is similar.
    ST then has a saucer/VUK on the far left side...now that's a big difference!!!
    And it has just 2 targets on the left while STTNG has 3.

Looking at it, appart from the neutral zone, the left VUK/saucer and the ending of the delta/warp ramp these designes are more than only similar.

Don't get me wrong, i like both pins a lot and they play very differently but playfield layout doesn't get any more similar than with these two - except Family Guy and Shrek...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-with-similar-layouts?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.