(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pepermintswirl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

Northbowl has TWD, ST, and Avengers.

8 months later
    #30 8 years ago

FYI PinCrossing now has an AMH, GOT LE, and KISS LE.

Also I have not been there but I heard Northbowl replaced Avengers with a KISS pro.

1 week later
    #39 8 years ago

That guy who sits on his stool is already playing them and saving his tickets for a flat screen

2 months later
    #78 7 years ago

I figured I would let everyone know that Xfinity Live has an Avengers Pro.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

You play it? Condition? Is it the Automated one that used to be at North Bowl?

I did not see it until I was leaving so I did not play it or even get an up close look.

2 months later
    #159 7 years ago

Just a heads up to the August hopefuls. Typically PinCrossing hosts its Summer Classic that month. I have not heard anything about this years event but odds are it will replace the regular monthly.

The good news is the Summer Classic is awesome. Historically it draws a good amount of excellent players, there is a charity tournament on an awesome machine (last year was an AMH outside on the back deck), has a sweet tshirt, and cool prizes (RR gift cards, bottles of beer, translights, ect)

Also for the SC there has been a women's and a children's special event.

3 weeks later
    2 weeks later
    #213 7 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

3 weeks later
    #231 7 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

The tilt was very loose. I don't think I tilted once and I moved the machine a lot, including death saves. I actually didn't get many warnings either.

Death saving machines on route is pretty dirty and certainly considered cheating. It isn't my machine so I don't really care that much, but I don't recommend doing this is if you go to PinCrossing or the Gallery.

#236 7 years ago

Ectobar accidentally skipped a question. I think #2, the answer to which is yes.

The bottom line is PinCrossing is never free play. The $10 goes into the tournament kitty and all machines are still on coin drop, regardless if it is practice, a tournament match, or if you are just playing for fun. Typically I spend about $10-$15 on pinball when I am there for an entire tournament.

Side note- there is a tournament tonight at the Pinball Gallery and your entry fee there pays for all your gameplay. For $15 you are entered into the tournament and can play unlimited for the entire time they are open. It is a great deal and lots of fun.

#241 7 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/events/1771560779752498/?ti=icl

Here is the event page for the PinCrossing monthly in September

#245 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#250 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#262 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Hah! Yeah, I saw that on Sunday... Unfortunately the machines were hungrier than usual and between my wife and I we lost at least six bucks in coin drops that didn't register just on MET, MB and AMH. :/

Did you use Canadian Quarters?

J/K....I'm sure if you mention something to Jay the next time you see him there, he will hook you up with some credits.

#264 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

The guy is still contributing to the hobby and for that I owe him a visit to at least support what he is trying to do. There is certainly a shortage of pinball in the area and I'd hate to see it lose another.

I am curious to hear how you think the Pinball Parlour and its ownership are contributing? Maybe I am missing something.

As for your second statement about wanting to keep pinball in the area, I completely agree. Personally, I spend my $ at the places where the owners offer well kept, playable machines so that way they keep offering them.

#267 7 years ago

I guess I do not see the type of "exposure" Pinball Parlour offers as positive.

Anyway, yeah, places with working machines available for the public to play are awesome!

5 months later
    #319 7 years ago

Like inside the WFC proper? So you need to have a ticket to an event to play it?

3 weeks later
    #332 7 years ago

This league is played in Philly proper on location machines so it certainly is "on topic".

It is definitely worth noting the end of season raffle for a free pin.

Do you know what the machine lineup will be for Thursday?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pepermintswirl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia?tu=pepermintswirl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.