(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#257 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm sure there are plenty of games in there that people would love to buy and save.

Believe me, I have tried. I know Paul (the owner) personally. The Diner in there used to be mine.

I have not given up yet though.

Chris

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Do you think she'll ever get back into the hobby or is this just a slow fade?

Hard to say really, but unfortunately, I doubt it. From the beginning, the Pinball Parlour was designed not for the collector, but the birthday party crowd. It is my contention that if you keep things operational, then the collector crowd would be a bonus.

Many things have happened over the years. Personal things with the owner which I will not discuss. I wish him the best for sure, but I don't think anything will change. It is unfortunate, yes. This is not his real job, and sometimes he misses openings because he is working his other job.

I don't pretend to know everything for sure, and there are other things I am sure which are at play. All I can do is support him as a friend, give my opinions, and help where I can.

Chris

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

A guy can't ask for much more from his friends than that and I apologize if I came off rudely. I don't know the first thing about what all happened there but it absolutely kills me for those wonderful machines to languish in pinball purgatory. I can say I've had multiple conversations with other local pinheads and the consensus has always been that if he'd let a couple of us take a crack at getting that show back on the road, we'd be tickled to go do some troubleshooting, make a shopping list and take a couple layers of grime off just in the interest of the hobby. But if he's just in it for the birthday cake, well...

You did not come off as rude and I fully understand (and also echo) your position. I get that it makes people sad. It makes me sad too, but I have tried to help and tell myself that's all I can do. It is his stuff and he can do with it what he wants. Kind of like seeing classic cars rusting away in barns. I know how everyone loves a cargument

I also fully understand that it is impossible to keep 80 games running perfectly, especially when your business model is to have kids pounding on them at parties. Yes, I get that, but like others said, basic maintenance and some Novus (you don't want to know what I have heard him use) goes a long way.

Chris

1 week later
    #276 7 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

New bowling place in Philly, Revolutions
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/things_to_do/First-look-Revolutions-bowling-alley.html?photo_2
    http://penntreaty.revolutionsbowl.com/
    Maybe the potential for a couple more pins. None in the pictures. I'll be down that way next month and can check it out if no one gets there first.

If it is like the one by me in Center Valley, there will be no pins at all That one is like a poor Dave & Busters with a bowling alley

Chris

1 year later
    #422 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Went and got some games in on the MET at Casey’s last night.
    It has some GI out but is otherwise in solid shape. Snake and scoop ejects were friendly. Only real beef was it's not level and I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to fix it.
    GC is a very beatable 81m. Unfortunately I was at the tail end of a bender and was struggling to put up more than 40.

Can someone clarify where Casey's is please? There is a place called Casey's by my house but I don't think it is the same one.

Thank you!

#424 6 years ago

Thanks. Definately a different casey's. LOL

I am nowhere Ridley Park

Chris

1 year later
    #537 4 years ago

It's outside of Philly a ways, but we were at the recently opened Mcallister's Brewing in North Wales, PA on Saturday. Nice little place with a surprise in the back room - a Simpsons Pinball Party! Played pretty decently although a little dirty. Flippers were nice and strong. Was a pleasant surprise

Chris

#540 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I haven't heard of this place but I'll have to check it out. My wife works pretty close to there. How was the beer?

Quoted from ectobar:

Never heard of them either but the beers on their site link to untappd. Most of them seem decently rated, the porter having the highest rating.

We liked the beer a lot! They opened 6 weeks ago apparently. they are not easy to find (but Google maps will get you there). They have hot dogs (fancy ones) and good pulled chicken nachos too!

810 Dickerson Road
    North Wales, PA. It's right by the Septa Station in North Wales.

If you're there, also check out Ten7 brewing which is about 1/4 mile away from there too at 510 Beaver Street. No pinball there, but great beer. They have food trucks at certain times.

1 year later
    #646 3 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

moms games are playing well. Also tech was super responsive when I had an issue.

Agreed. We were there last week and everything seemed to work very well. Got to play games I'd never played in depth before (Aerosmith, WOZ, GOT). Would liked to have had the gameroom busier but was kinds glad it wasn't. LOL.

Great market too!

Chris

4 months later
    #696 2 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

A bit outside of Philly, but the arcade in the Quakertown Farmer's Market now has an Avengers Premium. First AIQ I have personally seen on location.

ooooh! That's 10 min from my house. I will go check it out. They always have some of the latest Stern titles.

Chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.