(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.
    #401 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

and that's what initiated the score resets.

That's pretty damn funny. For a long time, Tuna put her name in as 'Ron Paul' on all the local Megatouch machines...

#402 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Got there and noticed some dirty dog scores on MET. GC over a 1b and the rest close. While those scores are definitely possible, it seemed fishy.

Dropped a note to the contact I have there.

I think that this one can be temporarily excused from your "Grand Champ City Tour" given the condition of the machine. Unless you're happy to grind out 2 Billion on Sparky...

#403 6 years ago

At ease Philadelphia.
    Order has been restored to UP
    CPWCPW

1 week later
    #404 6 years ago

Excuse my ignorance of Philly, I’m not from the area so not sure if this thread is the right thread. I just discovered Metallica at Casey’s At Ridley Park and figured I would let everyone know. I also suggested the location to Pinball Map. Enjoy.

#405 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Excuse my ignorance of Philly, I’m not from the area so not sure if this thread is the right thread. I just discovered Metallica at Casey’s At Ridley Park and figured I would let everyone know. I also suggested the location to Pinball Map. Enjoy.

Thanks for posting this - I can't believe there's now a Metallica within walking distance.

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Thanks for posting this - I can't believe there's now a Metallica within walking distance.

Is this consider “Philly”? Also, I didn’t get to play the machine, so I can’t provide any feedback.

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Is this consider “Philly”? Also, I didn’t get to play the machine, so I can’t provide any feedback.

It's Delco.

Btw, I noticed pinball map says there's a Stern Playboy at Frontier. Same exit off I-95, a few miles up Rt 420. Used to be my go-to for takeout beer until Acme got a license.

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Most excellent!

I had no idea. Will definitely investigate soon.

1 week later
    #409 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

At ease Philadelphia.
    Order has been restored to UP

Quite an accomplishment, given how badly those machines play. I wish the operator actually put some time into maintaining that collection. Was just there today and WD and ST played like ass. Trough issues on ST. Weak flippers and prison shot not registering on WD. Time to take a break from University Pinball and support other operators. The vibe there also sucks. Screaming kids and shady people.

Funny about RED and TRUMP.

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

The vibe there also sucks. Screaming kids and shady people.

Can you elaborate on this? I've only been there once and it was on a Sunday morning so there was no vibe to speak of.

#411 6 years ago

Has anyone played that Metallica at Casey's yet? If so, how does it play?

#412 6 years ago

I wish THIS Casey owned a Metallica...

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I'm on-call this week otherwise I would have by now. Where is it located in Caseys?

#414 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Can you elaborate on this? I've only been there once and it was on a Sunday morning so there was no vibe to speak of.

It's been a little rough there the last few times I have gone to UP. One was a Thursday night and one was a Saturday. Like deibert described, it is not a comfortable place to play pinball. The entire place stinks of weed - which may not be a problem for everyone but it is not my thing. The narrow hallways cause people to bump into you while you are playing, especially if someone is on the redemption machines behind the pins. The screaming kids aren't a big deal to me, but I do not want to be run into while I am playing. Finding parking was a mess too. I would like to see it while it is calmer so maybe Sunday morning is the way to go. I want to know when ectobar goes so I can learn the secrets to his success!

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

I'm on-call this week otherwise I would have by now. Where is it located in Caseys?

Brad,

Missed you at March Madness! You got any plans to attend April Affray?

#416 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Brad,
    Missed you at March Madness! You got any plans to attend April Affray?

Possibly, doesn't fall on a good weekend for me but if I can make it work I'll be there.

#417 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

The entire place stinks of weed - which may not be a problem for everyone but it is not my thing.

Not the first time I've heard that particular criticism. I know it's the order of the day with the current political climate in Philly, with the DA straight up refusing to prosecute, but still... I don't get down there often but I'll certainly say something if that's the case next time I do. The place is supposed to be family friendly.

#418 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

It's been a little rough there the last few times I have gone to UP. One was a Thursday night and one was a Saturday. Like deibert described, it is not a comfortable place to play pinball. The entire place stinks of weed - which may not be a problem for everyone but it is not my thing. The narrow hallways cause people to bump into you while you are playing, especially if someone is on the redemption machines behind the pins. The screaming kids aren't a big deal to me, but I do not want to be run into while I am playing. Finding parking was a mess too. I would like to see it while it is calmer so maybe Sunday morning is the way to go. I want to know when ectobar goes so I can learn the secrets to his success!

I usually only get there during the week around lunch time.

My experience is generally positive.

I think the games while not perfect, are usually in decent working shape. I have talked with the tech while he was working on them many times, so they do get serviced. Of the bunch, TWD seems to have the most issues. I play the ST the least so can't really give decent input on it other than the last time I was there I thought the Alpha/Beta ramps were shooting really smoothly.

At lunch there's not usually too many people there. I have been asked for tokens on more than one occasion by kids, mid game, while their parents are just sitting nearby on their phones. I do find that to be kind of ridiculous. Otherwise the shadiest person I run into is RED.

Parking can be a hassle. My strategy is to hope for the free spot on Spruce in front and if it's not there there is usually a meter spot available up the street. I have certainly left because of parking frustrations though.

#419 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I'm such a failure. I really should have checked it out by now.

1 week later
    #420 6 years ago

Went and got some games in on the MET at Casey’s last night.

It has some GI out but is otherwise in solid shape. Snake and scoop ejects were friendly. Only real beef was it's not level and I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to fix it.

GC is a very beatable 81m. Unfortunately I was at the tail end of a bender and was struggling to put up more than 40.

#421 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Not the first time I've heard that particular criticism. I know it's the order of the day with the current political climate in Philly, with the DA straight up refusing to prosecute, but still... I don't get down there often but I'll certainly say something if that's the case next time I do. The place is supposed to be family friendly.

Wanted to follow up on this. Had a chance to visit UP this morning and you were 100% right about visiting on Sunday mornings @emkay. The difference was like night and day, and a much more enjoyable experience. Sunday mornings are the way to go.

#422 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Went and got some games in on the MET at Casey’s last night.
    It has some GI out but is otherwise in solid shape. Snake and scoop ejects were friendly. Only real beef was it's not level and I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to fix it.
    GC is a very beatable 81m. Unfortunately I was at the tail end of a bender and was struggling to put up more than 40.

Can someone clarify where Casey's is please? There is a place called Casey's by my house but I don't think it is the same one.

Thank you!

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Can someone clarify where Casey's is please? There is a place called Casey's by my house but I don't think it is the same one.
    Thank you!

Chris,

I’m not too familiar with the area, but here is a screengrab of the location.

On a side note do you Philly guys know who runs Pinball Map for your region? I submitted Casey’s 3 weeks ago and it’s still not added.

F56B431B-5B72-46A3-B696-A8AF9CC8CC44 (resized).pngF56B431B-5B72-46A3-B696-A8AF9CC8CC44 (resized).png

#424 6 years ago

Thanks. Definately a different casey's. LOL

I am nowhere Ridley Park

Chris

#425 6 years ago

I know the Casey's you are talking about. It would be great if they had a pin or two in that backroom.

#426 6 years ago

GOTG is now at Pinball Gallery

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

GOTG is now at Pinball Gallery

Played it today. It's fun. Heard the old code was rough, but currently it's worth putting some quarters in for sure.

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It's OK. Like previously reported, it's not exactly level. For some reason it's set to only give 500k for mystery awards, but the replay base is only 5M.

1 week later
    #429 6 years ago

Unless I had to many beverages, which is entirely possible, I didn't see the Avengers pin at Xfinity when I was there yesterday.

#430 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Unless I had to many beverages, which is entirely possible, I didn't see the Avengers pin at Xfinity when I was there yesterday.

Or distracted by the Flyers losing big time!!

#431 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Or distracted by the Flyers losing big time!!

Ouch.
    That was brutal last night. Hopefully they can save some face and make a series of it.

However, I was there after a Phillies game. Phillies are undefeated with me in attendance! 1-0 lol

1 week later
    #432 6 years ago

Philly Barcade has an Iron Maiden. Metallica is out. Spent some time on it last night and it is a masterpiece.

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Philly Barcade has an Iron Maiden. Metallica is out. Spent some time on it last night and it is a masterpiece.

Saw your post and immediately went and played it. Game is really fun. I don't know much about Maiden but I know I like that game.

Already scheming on a return visit.

Also for anyone else who didn't know, they also switched out JY for DI.

Current Barcade lineup:
    TAF, Dr. Dude, IMDN, DI, CP

#434 6 years ago

In other not quite Philly news, I was at East Branch Brewing in Downingtown this past weekend and they have a No Fear. Didn't play it, but a little kid was rocking out on it most of the time I was there and from what I saw it looked like it was working fine.

Beer was good. Didn't have any food but that looked good as well. I'll definitely be going back.

#435 6 years ago

I was planning to hit Barcade before the Lazer/Wulf show at Kung Fu Necktie next month, now I have a good excuse to go early.

#436 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I was planning to hit Barcade before the Lazer/Wulf show at Kung Fu Necktie next month, now I have a good excuse to go early.

better bring Tuna!

#437 6 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

better bring Tuna!

I would but she is really, really not into prog metal.

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Saw your post and immediately went and played it. Game is really fun. I don't know much about Maiden but I know I like that game.
    Already scheming on a return visit.

Did you get that "CPW" up on the GC yet?!

---

I forgot to mention that Maiden is set at 3 tokens (75 cents a play), and the replay is pretty obtainable. I wish you could hear the machine a little bit better. I went on a slow weeknight, and it was still hard to hear over the other music playing in there.

#439 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Did you get that "CPW" up on the GC yet?!
    ---
    I forgot to mention that Maiden is set at 3 tokens (75 cents a play), and the replay is pretty obtainable. I wish you could hear the machine a little bit better. I went on a slow weeknight, and it was still hard to hear over the other music playing in there.

You know it. It's currently filthy with my initials

#440 5 years ago

According to FB, Maiden has arrived at Pinball Gallery in Malvern. Glad to see it showing up around our area!

#441 5 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

According to FB, Maiden has arrived at Pinball Gallery in Malvern. Glad to see it showing up around our area!

The LE will be at June Jam!

#442 5 years ago

CPWCPW
    Up the irons Philly \m/

#443 5 years ago

Didn’t have much time but got a few games in on Iron Maiden today... very fun game, first Stern I’ve been excited about in a long time. Of course Tuna kicked my ass.

C3CA0013-25E6-4476-8E03-76BF2564BB76 (resized).jpegC3CA0013-25E6-4476-8E03-76BF2564BB76 (resized).jpeg

#444 5 years ago

Finally got to play Iron Maiden Pro at Barcade.

Some thoughts:

The low to mid playfield could benefit from some additional GI lighting. It's a bit difficult to see art on the playfield. Then again, Barcade is darker than most rooms.

Such a unique design but shots are not where you expect them to be. Ramps are difficult (in my opinion) as is the right orbit shot. With that said, I haven't had as much fun playing a pin and missing ramps as much I did playing Iron Maiden. It not a "ramps all day" kind of game, which is kind of an anomaly.

The game is not as easy and as long playing as the Dead Flip and PAPA steams make it appear.

The upper loop repeatable shot is a lot of fun, but if you miss late its left outland drain.

The center ramp is more difficult to hit from the center ramp on a moving shot than I thought it would be.

The left spinner is a tough shot but I tended to go for it during ball save to light the REVIVE feature.

This game forces you to keep your flippers down after shooting as the upper flippers will block key shots.

The one-way gate from the shooter lane leads to some strange bounces.

The upper right loop and dead in shots are tough but satisfying and a must for the super skill shot.

Ball control is hard.

Looking to spend some more time on this now that there is one in Philly. Personally couldn't get above 165M. ectobar what was your scoring stratgey for your 300M+ games?

#445 5 years ago

Getting to Cyborg mb and 2 Mins to Midnight is key.

Complete supers eg. ramps, spinners... The triangle inserts to get Cyborg(?)

Starting all the modes gets you to 2min.

I find that I have to focus on ramps to finish them, so I try to make them a priority.

Completing modes earns you awards. The fourth award is an eb. I left that eb lit on the table in my best game. Collecting awards will be a priority from now on.

The modes are worth more the 2nd time around so getting through modes is important. Think SM, shoot white shots to qualify modes.

The one at the Barcade lets you cheat the drops. If you hold the upper flipper up a released ball will usually get you at least the top two drops. The one at the Gallery you have to earn the drops. Held up flipper there usually only gets you the bottom drop.

#446 5 years ago

Played some IMDN at Barcade last night, great game! 160m was my highest, but definitely ready to top that on my next visit.

The TAF was also re-leveled since I was last there, and DI was still playing well. Didn't touch Dr. Dude or CP this time. I'm glad Dr. Dude has stayed around, but hoping they rotate CP out.

#447 5 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Didn't touch Dr. Dude or CP this time. I'm glad Dr. Dude has stayed around, but hoping they rotate CP out.

I agree, CP belongs in a collector's basement (not mine!). It's a cool game but I get tired of it fast and would never pay what they're going for these days.

2 weeks later
    #448 5 years ago

Hey, haven't updated in awhile. But the next Penn Skate event is tomorrow night. Sign up starts at 6:15pm, tournament begins at 7pm sharp. http://www.facebook.com/pennskatearcade

2 weeks later
    #449 5 years ago

Just an FYI, bar in Roxborough on Ridge ave. Tavern on Ridge has a back arcade room with a Guardians & Star wars pin. Both new & working great. $1 a game $2 for 3

#450 5 years ago

We crawled home from my baby sister's wedding and found a few more pins:

* Guardians of the Galaxy at the Dutch Lanes in Ephrata (replaced TWD I think)
    * Mustang at Shooter's Crossing in New Holland (replaced WWE, 5 credits for $2!)
    * Mr & Mrs Pac-Man at Suburban Brewing in Honey Brook - EOS on one flipper needs attention but that's supposed to be fixed Monday, they have an Iron Maiden on order due to all the people who've been coming in and playing. This place could be a potential location for the selfie league, they've only been open for three months and are already heating up.

There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.