(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Great score. I saw this today. You didn't happen to leave credits in the machine? If so, I believe we met (kind of).

That was me.

Hello. I'm Bob. Nice to kind of meet you.

#52 8 years ago

Pinball Gallery got their Hobbit in this past Friday. Spotted Koi Morris there last night.

WP_20160312_002_(resized).jpgWP_20160312_002_(resized).jpg

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Pinball Gallery got their Hobbit in this past Friday. Spotted Koi Morris there last night.

WP_20160312_002_(resized).jpg

He made the most of that all day pass.

I was there 2-5 playing it with him.

Inital Hobbit impression: Beautiful pin, but kind of boring game play.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

You've got your work cut out for you University Pinball players

20160311_120027_(resized).jpg

Nice score, gives me something to shoot for when I finally make it there. May even take me four or five games to knock it down.

#55 8 years ago

I vote for the Railroad as well, the Cajun Meatloaf Grilled Cheese is the bomdigi

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

If you don't mind driving, there's a place called "Pinball Gallery" in Malvern, PA. I went there a few months ago with a buddy, and it's a family owned place where you pay by the hour for all-you-can-play pinball. The owners are exceedingly pleasant, and the games are all lovingly cared for. I can't recommend it enough.
    http://www.pinballgallery.net/

I 2nd this as well; guy who owns this place is super nice, amazing selection of pins...Right on route 30; actually closer to the city than the Railroad.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from kennywawa:

Nice score, gives me something to shoot for when I finally make it there. May even take me four or five games to knock it down.

Bring it on buddy.

If nothing else, we just need to eliminate RED's initials from all the pins.

Quoted from deibert:

I believe that guy is "RED" or at least that's what he puts in for high scores. He's an ornery fellow but I've seen him put up some crazy scores on Walking Dead. Just don't do a slide save or death save when he's next to you. He will belittle you for any movement beyond a slap save.

Speaking of. I met RED this week.
    He approached me while I was playing GoT. He saw the lockdown bar button lit up and offered to hit it while I was playing. I kindly told him I was a big boy and could handle my own buttons.

After the game, chatted with him a little bit.
    He is definitely holding on to some resentment of deibert's play.
    Here's a quote: "There's this one guy who comes in here and throws the machines around. Still sucks though. He should just learn how to play and stop trying to cheat."

I told him there was a tilt bob in the machine for a reason so it's not cheating. Also told him to look up some video of the top tourney players and he would absolutely see people shaking machines.

I think he's just bitter he can't properly shake a pin because he sits on a stool while playing.

In any case, he was way too proud of having his initials in ST, so basically it's my new hobby to take him down. Only played a couple games, and I haven't beaten his cheesy ass 200mil high score yet, but I absolutely will.

That ST is angry though. As lame as a score as 200 mil is, it's not too shabby on that particular pin. The tilt is super sensitive. Which normally isn't that big a deal if you know about it, but the kickout from the mission start shot is brutal. It wants to bounce off the top of the sling and bounce into the right out lane every time. I know there are people on pinside that claim that the kickouts on their pros are nice and go to the left flipper every time, but I've never encountered a pro like that. Anyway, I'll be erasing his initials soon.

Lastly, he mentioned GoT is getting a ticket dispenser next week.

I really need to get there once someone is working the counter. A bag of tokens costs 300 tickets. I have receipts for 2000+ tickets in my car.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Here's a quote: "There's this one guy who comes in here and throws the machines around. Still sucks though. He should just learn how to play and stop trying to cheat."

Wow. After all these months he's still got issues with moving the machine? Perhaps his resentment does come his inability to move the table while sitting? Thanks for trying to set him straight.

With that said, there is another guy who just beats up the machine after he drains. I've seen such actions as slam tilting and drop kicking the machine. That's not cool, but I see no issues in death saves if you can avoid tilting.

Quoted from ectobar:

In any case, he was way too proud of having his initials in ST, so basically it's my new hobby to take him down. Only played a couple games, and I haven't beaten his cheesy ass 200mil high score yet, but I absolutely will.

I've kind of been chasing his high scores too. I'm sure he takes pride, but he must be defeated. I play more for fun and replays, but every now and then I'll get initials up there. Hopefully TWD will be fixed soon to accept high scores. RED thinks he owns that game, high score wise.

Quoted from ectobar:

I really need to get there once someone is working the counter. A bag of tokens costs 300 tickets. I have receipts for 2000+ tickets in my car.

I wonder how many in a bag?

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Hopefully TWD will be fixed soon to accept high scores

He mentioned it was also getting reset soon. He said it doesn't award EB's and mentioned another issue. In any case, once it lets the initials in, it's on.

Quoted from deibert:

I wonder how many in a bag?

Not sure as I've never actually cashed in any tickets for anything other than a candy bar. But last I checked, you can see them in the bottom row of the glass case and it looked to be a decent amount. RED mentioned that he basically doesn't ever have to pay to play anymore.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Anyway, I'll be erasing his initials soon.

Was just at University Pinball. I guess your mission was accomplished! Must have been a long game. Did you make it far beyond Maru?

The machine was playing so strange today. Flippers felt so soggy and the machine seemed to have a different pitch. I couldn't put up a score higher than 110 million.

#61 8 years ago

Got him!

Stopped in for a couple games at lunch and was able to make it happen.

Didn't get far past KM. I think I was in the 3rd mode past it on the GC game.
    With that tight tilt and sloppy kickout, I was definitely playing with a modified game plan.
    Went with a just try to get the spinner value up, and let modes by start by accident or with MB's strategy. Worked out well enough.

Got some ticket/coinage intel as well.

Talked to the guy working and he opened up the shop for me.
    Traded in 457 tickets for 15 tokens. So roughly 30 tickets a coin.
    Additionally, they have a card you can save your points on. The guy scanned all my receipts and put them on the card for me. I'm basically on pinball free play for a while now...unless I save up and get that hoverboard.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Went with a just try to get the spinner value up, and let modes by start by accident or with MB's strategy.

Good strategy for score but man does it require patience. I gave it go today and think I found a bug or a unknown rule with the spinner value. I was having a great game and was getting 800K+ spinner values. That is until after I played Maru multiball. It seems like the spinner value reset or rolled over (all of a sudden I was only getting 100K to 120K value. Can you confirm (as a home game owner) if this normal? Had I known I'd have made a bunch more spinner shots before starting Maru as it's value was higher than any normal mode shots. Ended up with a 247M + but not good enough for a high score. Does the spinner max out, roll over or reset after Maru?

Quoted from ectobar:

Additionally, they have a card you can save your points on. The guy scanned all my receipts and put them on the card for me. I'm basically on pinball free play for a while now...unless I save up and get that hoverboard.

I am card carrying member of University Pinball. My advice is just play and save up. You'll be surprised how quickly tickets get earned on the pinball machines. Throw $2.00 in ST or TWD have 3 good games, and walk away with 300+ tickets. Before you know it you have enough for the MegaTouch. Usually around mid December they add more high end stuff, like PS4 or an Xbox, and they usually go for 60-80K tickets, which is not unrealistic.

#63 8 years ago

Spinner rules as far as I know are:

Starts at 2k.
    Increases by ? every time you spell trek.
    Maxes out at 68k.
    Resets every ball. However, once you get it to 20k, it resets to 20k each ball. So it's very much to your advantage to get it to 20k on your first ball.
    If you get Super Spinner going, its worth 75k for X hits.

Your situation sounds like you had Super Spinner running going into KM, and once you got out of it, you were back to whatever your regular spinner value was.

Keep an eye on your spinner value. You can check it in the instant info. You can also see your spinner value when you hit the spinner on the dmd. If I have a slowish spinner shot that will most likely hang in the pops, I'm looking at the dmd to check my value.

When you have the spinner at 68 or 75k, a good hit is usually in the 1mil ballpark.

There are still bugs lurking in the code though, so I'll pay attention to my pin at home later and report back.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Resets every ball.

I completed Nero as my last mission (to start Super Spinner) and before doing so I swore I had a huge spinner value going into Maru that got reset. Could be I am forgetting about a ball drain that could have reset the value.

For whatever reason I thought the spinner value carried over from ball to ball.

Let me know what you find on your home game.

#65 8 years ago

This University pinball place looks like a cool destination for my family day trip this weekend. While we are over that way we are going to visit. Do they have parking at the facility or do you have to find parking elsewhere? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

This University pinball place looks like a cool destination for my family day trip this weekend. While we are over that way we are going to visit. Do they have parking at the facility or do you have to find parking elsewhere? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

On the street directly in front of the place, its free street parking. In the surrounding blocks, it's metered parking for 2-3 hours. Free parking can be difficult to come by, metered parking usually isn't too bad.

1 week later
    #67 8 years ago

Does anybody know of any good pinball locations in the Lehigh Valley area? I'm moving to the area and only know about what is on the Pin Map. I've already checked out Pincrossing and I'm aware of Pinball Parlour, Pinball Gallery, and Earl Bowl Lanes. But what about more so in the Allentown/Bethlehem area? I see some bars with one pin on location at each in the Allentown area. Anything like that in Bethlehem. Based on where I'm moving, I'd imagine Bethlehem is where I'd be going out at night and would love to find some small bars with a machine or two in the back. Any help is appreciated!

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Does anybody know of any good pinball locations in the Lehigh Valley area? I'm moving to the area and only know about what is on the Pin Map. I've already checked out Pincrossing and I'm aware of Pinball Parlour, Pinball Gallery, and Earl Bowl Lanes. But what about more so in the Allentown/Bethlehem area? I see some bars with one pin on location at each in the Allentown area. Anything like that in Bethlehem. Based on where I'm moving, I'd imagine Bethlehem is where I'd be going out at night and would love to find some small bars with a machine or two in the back. Any help is appreciated!

S&S speedway has a handful of tables. last i remember TZ roadshow black rose and the rest i can't remember LOL

#69 8 years ago

I've been in the Philly area for about a year now. I'd like to find a pinball league. I used to be in a league in Cleveland that rotated playing at people's homes private collections. I really enjoyed it and would like to find a similar group in Buck's or Montgomery County area. If anyone know's of a group that's open to new people, post or PM. Thanks!

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

S&S speedway has a handful of tables. last i remember TZ roadshow black rose and the rest i can't remember LOL

Looks like S&S is north of LV. You wouldn't happen to know of any bar type places a little closer would you? I found a WOF at a random bar in Bethlehem once. I'm trying to find more places like that where I could go have a beer and play some pinball.

Quoted from tbanthony:

I've been in the Philly area for about a year now. I'd like to find a pinball league. I used to be in a league in Cleveland that rotated playing at people's homes private collections. I really enjoyed it and would like to find a similar group in Buck's or Montgomery County area. If anyone know's of a group that's open to new people, post or PM. Thanks!

The only league that I'm aware of is the one at the Railroad Street Bar and Grille in Linfield. You mentioned Bucks County, that is actually where I'll be moving to! I don't have any machines (yet). But once I do, maybe we can get a private collection league going in a year or so. But since it sounds like we are in the area, feel free to reach out. I'm moving in two weeks and would love to meet local pinball enthusiasts.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Railroad Street Bar and Grille, A.K.A. Pincrossing (Linfield, PA) has a weekly league on Wednesday nights at 7pm. Last night was Week 1 of the Spring League, but it runs for 10 weeks and new players are always welcome, even mid-season. We had about 30 players in the Winter League. Plus, the food and drinks are great. There's also a monthly tournament that is usually on the second Saturday, but sometimes shifted to the third Saturday to avoid events like PAPA (April).

https://www.facebook.com/Pincrossing/

Pinball Gallery (Malvern, PA) runs three regular leagues a year, and the next one (I think) will be either end of May or start of June. They're kicking off a women's league now that will run through the end of May. They also host monthly tournaments on the first Tuesday of the month, and this upcoming Friday (April 1) they are having a Hobbit Launch Party.

http://www.pinballgallery.net/

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

Railroad Street Bar and Grille, A.K.A. Pincrossing (Linfield, PA) has a weekly league on Wednesday nights at 7pm. Last night was Week 1 of the Spring League, but it runs for 10 weeks and new players are always welcome, even mid-season. We had about 30 players in the Winter League. Plus, the food and drinks are great. There's also a monthly tournament that is usually on the second Saturday, but sometimes shifted to the third Saturday to avoid events like PAPA (April).
    https://www.facebook.com/Pincrossing/

It's worth adding that Pincrossing also has a month long super selfie league as well that runs monthly.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Does anybody know of any good pinball locations in the Lehigh Valley area?

Mike, sadly there is a lack of machines in Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton. I lived in Bethlehem for 8+ years and rarely saw a game on location. I do believe the Funhouse on Bethlehem's South side may have one machine. If they do, I'd recommend going in the afternoon as the small, smokey dive bar gets packed in the evenings.

#74 8 years ago

I think Molly's Irish Grille in Bethlehem has WOF. That's all I know, unfortunately.

#75 8 years ago

My wife joined that women's league at Pinball Gallery, she's been having a blast. I'm stuck on night shift this quarter so no love for me but I'd like to jump in the mix at Pincrossing once it's an option.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I think Molly's Irish Grille in Bethlehem has WOF. That's all I know, unfortunately.

Molly's is a great place (great food and beer) but it can get too College Clubby at night. Good to know there is a WOF on location if I am ever in town again.

I also remember Volpe's (1926 W Tilghman St, Allentown, PA 18104 ) always having a machine, but haven't been there in years. Worth checking out.

Also, don't forget Pinfest in Allentown. http://www.pinfestival.com/

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Molly's is a great place (great food and beer) but it can get too College Clubby at night.

You should see it during the music festival! From your description I knew exactly where you were talking about.

2 weeks later
    #78 8 years ago

I figured I would let everyone know that Xfinity Live has an Avengers Pro.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from pepermintswirl:

I figured I would let everyone know that Xfinity Live has an Avengers Pro.

You play it? Condition? Is it the Automated one that used to be at North Bowl?

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

You play it? Condition? Is it the Automated one that used to be at North Bowl?

I did not see it until I was leaving so I did not play it or even get an up close look.

#81 7 years ago

Hi, this is Manny from Lights Out Pinball located at 2578 West Maple Avenue, Feasterville PA 19053. Our pay to play showroom will be opening the last week of May. We have 50 pinball machines and many arcade games . We will have everything on free play, and you will be able to pay by the hour, month, year, etc. We will also be hosting pinball leagues and tournaments. Along with the grand opening of the showroom, we will be introducing our pinball machine parts and mods store. We are an LED distributor, and the exclusive distributor of Convolux fluorescent protective plastics(fluorescent plastics for over 100 games in 4 colors per game, check them out at our website) . We will also have mods, rubber pinball parts , mirror blades, speaker systems , and many other upgrades for sale . We will also be launching our website this week , LIGHTSOUTPINBALL.COM. All customers through May will receive 10% off LED bulbs purchases made on our site for life !!
    We will be vending in Allentown this week... It is our first show.

Feel free to give me a call with any questions.
    Manny
    215-840-3147
    President
    Lights Out Pinball
    LIGHTSOUTPINBALL.COM

#82 7 years ago

We'll look forward to meeting you at Allentown, Manny. I will only be there Friday as my work schedule has gone to five-ball-multiball mode lately but hey, such is life. OT pays for more pins at my house so I'm not complaining.

1 week later
    #83 7 years ago

Bump. Saw the Lights Out display at Allentown but didn't manage to catch ya - looked good though, will be glad to check your showroom out when it's open.

Also, Pinball Gallery in Malvern has expanded yet again so if you haven't been out in a while you'll be blown away. I saw somebody shooting video or taking pix so I'd imagine you'll hear/see more soon but yeah, it's legit.

1 week later
    #84 7 years ago

Someone just updated the pinmap for Loco Pez in Fishtown. Says they have a GB pro! Good stuff. Some tacos and ghost busting are definitely in my near future.

#85 7 years ago

New machines I've noticed on route include Fireball II and Corvette at Pincrossing and Joker Poker and Tron over at Pinball Gallery.

#86 7 years ago

Put some games on GB @ loco Pez last night.

Some thoughts:

Initial impression is that it's a gorgeous pin, and is fun to shoot. Most of the shots are satisfying to hit because most of them are on the tight side and you have to earn it. Left ramp seemed to be the easiest to hit, right ramp is a bear to hit.

There has been some chatter about lack of multiballs, and I can see that. My wife and I put about 15 games on the pin. I was able to start Storage facility mb 3 or 4 times, wife never got one started. Will say that the light show when you start Storage is very cool.

The drop targets are evil. As in total brick city, wouldn't go down with a solid direct hit evil. We quickly learned to avoid shooting for them.

Slimer hits didn't seem to always register, and we had a few that hit him so hard that the ball shot back down the playfield over the flippers for a drain.

Unfortunately the location was very loud, so I couldn't really hear the game too well which was a bummer. The few sounds I did hear were fun. Am definitely going to go back and play at a less busy time.

Managed to put up the GC score with about 500mil.

In regards to the location.

The pin is located next to the kitchen door all the food comes out. We went for dinner and were definitely in everyone's way. Would recommend not going during the dinner rush. After dinner, around 830, the room GB was in was basically empty.

Had some tacos, chips and salsa. None were particularly exciting. Not bad, but were very small and for $3/taco, I would expect a little more. Definitely better tacos to be had elsewhere in the city. Didn't order them, but saw a bunch of nachos come out. They looked massive and delicious. Would probably order them next time.

#87 7 years ago

seen a TX @ pinball gallery and sea witch is back too.

#88 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#89 7 years ago

Yeah Seawitch keeps moving around and TX was missing for a week or two but both of them have been there a while. The TX needs a little TLC but that Seawitch is really nice - and your pic reminded me, Hot Doggin' is a recent addition as well.

#90 7 years ago

Also going to throw this out there. If you like EMs the arcade at St. Peters Village is great. 2 games for 25c on most of the pinball machines and they have to have about 20 or so. Plus they have some other awesome EM driving and shooting games.

Give them a call before you stop by as the hours can vary: (610) 469-0941

Here is their Tripadvisor link: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g53608-d4736879-Reviews-Village_Arcade-Saint_Peters_Pennsylvania.html

#91 7 years ago

Almost always noon to 5pm, Saturday & Sunday. Pinsiders are welcome to stop by my house and smoke a few beers before/during/after, just hit me up.

#92 7 years ago

Wife's a smartass.

WP_20160525_001_(resized).jpgWP_20160525_001_(resized).jpg

#93 7 years ago

I was thinking about swinging over to Railroad Street around 1:30

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I was thinking about swinging over to Railroad Street around 1:30

I'm there now & will buy the first round. Everything but TX is up today.

#95 7 years ago

Thanks for the beer! I owe you one next time I see you there.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

He made the most of that all day pass.
    I was there 2-5 playing it with him.
    Inital Hobbit impression: Beautiful pin, but kind of boring game play.

This

#97 7 years ago

Just throwing this out there to gauge interest at this point. But would anybody be interested in doing a tournament in Philly? I was talking to emkay yesterday about how I was surprised that all of the tournaments out here are outside of the city. I'm not necessarily thinking about a reoccurring tournament at this point, just a one off. I have a few ideas for formats and would just need to determine the right location and base format off of number of machines.

I'm new to the area and don't know enough players in the area to gauge interest in person. But if there are enough pinsiders onboard, I'd look into doing something later this summer.

Thoughts?

#98 7 years ago

Haha anytime man. I love the interest in tourneys and leagues but until I get past these rock star hours I've been working, I'll probably only surface on rare occasions. =)

#99 7 years ago

Few local bars I know had pins the last time I was there , Smeegy's bar in Northeast had a TWD pro, and Steam bar in Upper Southampton,Pa had a IM. Its sad even the bowling alley's don't even have pins anymore in my area.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Its sad even the bowling alley's don't even have pins anymore in my area.

Earl Bowl in Earlington & Earl bowl in Quakertown both have pins.

There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia/page/2?hl=goren1818 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.