(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.
    #851 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Looks like it's about 25 minutes away. So not bad, however, the only place worth going in Philly for pinball is the Barcade, which he can't get into.
    PinballMap shows a couple locations close to Haddon with a couple pins each.
    Hydman's Arcade is probably the best bet in NJ. Also about 20 minutes from Haddon Heights.
    The best answer would be the Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA. It's about an hour from HH.

Will look into those.

Thanks!

#852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Will look into those.
    Thanks!

I saw you other post.
    The Silver Ball recommend is also good. That place is excellent, however, it gets insanely packed during the summer.
    Couple other points of note:
    The Barcade occasionally has family days where they let kids in. Not sure if any are scheduled.
    Hydmans is in a farmers market which is only open on Fri/Sat I believe.
    Basically, do a little investigating before setting out.

#853 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I saw you other post.
    The Silver Ball recommend is also good. That place is excellent, however, it gets insanely packed during the summer.
    Couple other points of note:
    The Barcade occasionally has family days where they let kids in. Not sure if any are scheduled.
    Hydmans is in a farmers market which is only open on Fri/Sat I believe.
    Basically, do a little investigating before setting out.

Will look into the ones you mentioned to see if they will work.

Thanks!

#854 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Looks like it's about 25 minutes away. So not bad, however, the only place worth going in Philly for pinball is the Barcade, which he can't get into.
    PinballMap shows a couple locations close to Haddon with a couple pins each.
    Hydman's Arcade is probably the best bet in NJ. Also about 20 minutes from Haddon Heights.
    The best answer would be the Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA. It's about an hour from HH.

If you're going to Hyndman's I'd recommend going early. The closing time hasn't been consistent lately. Usually it's not too bad but had one day where they closed at 4.

About the same drive time as Pinball Gallery would be Starcade in Mays Landing NJ and MoMs in Abington, PA. Any of those 3 can justify a day trip. Rush hour to/from any of those can be nasty so plan ahead. The hours at the latter 2 give you a lot more wiggle room for that.

#855 1 year ago

Hyndmans was open on thursday last week

It somewhat follows the hours of the berlin farmers market

The route to starcade suffers rush hour traffic??? Would not have expected that

#856 1 year ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Hyndmans was open on thursday last week
    It somewhat follows the hours of the berlin farmers market
    The route to starcade suffers rush hour traffic??? Would not have expected that

Hyndman's has some sort of arrangement with the store next door to close the place at the end of the day. I don't know the details but only certain staff of that store are able to do it. For a long time it was reliably around 7-7:15 but a few thursdays in the last few months it was around 6 and once I got there around 3:45 just in time to start a game and get the 10 minute warning they were closing at 4.

Starcade traffic isn't as reliably bad in standard rush hour but add in an accident or shore traffic and it gets ugly quick.

#858 1 year ago

Will there be pinball at the new arena?

#859 1 year ago

Is there a Deadpool on location at Mom’s in Abington? I was thinking of visiting there, the pinside map and the pinball map app list different machines.

#860 1 year ago
    Quoted from Caponicus:

Is there a Deadpool on location at Mom’s in Abington? I was thinking of visiting there, the pinside map and the pinball map app list different machines.

The pinball map list is the more up to date one(I would update it here but I don't have pinside+)

I went there two weeks ago and they had Deadpool pro and they also added Avengers Infinity Quest pro recently

#861 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thekfb:

The pinball map list is the more up to date one(I would update it here but I don't have pinside+)
    I went there two weeks ago and they had Deadpool pro and they also added Avengers Infinity Quest pro recently

Thanks. Def on my to do list

#862 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thekfb:

I don't know what is needed to update the Pinside map, but it's not Pinside+. I don't have + and I just updated it to add AIQ and DP

#863 1 year ago

The search function on this map is garbage. Searching for 'Mom', no results. Have to search for 'Mom's'.

1 month later
    #864 1 year ago

This Saturday will be the last tournament I am run at Mom’s Organic Market in Abington. I have a plan for the day but flexibility may be required so I can run this tournament smoothly.
    We plan to do Group Matchplay for Mom’s Matchplay Mayhem! with 3 games played as a group and then groups would swap.
    Hope to see you all there!
    Reach out if you have questions!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/mom-s-matchplay-madness-2022

*** I am asking for flexibility as I am working through some health things and was hoping to find a replacement TD for this event. If I have to change the format of the event in any way, I will notify players at the beginning. ***

1 week later
    #865 1 year ago

/// ** New Location Alert ** ///

"Uncle Joe's Arcade" at PLYMOUTH MEETING MALL
    550 W Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA

Large attended arcade with mostly redemption and big prize counter.
    Games operate on tokens (free admission).

Just opened past weekend, they have 10 pins in a dark nook and they all play great.

GODZILLA
    AVENGERS: IQ
    THEATRE OF MAGIC
    STAR TREK TNG
    FUNHOUSE
    DINER
    FRANKENSTEIN
    SURF 'N SAFARI
    RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
    PARTY ZONE

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/16839-uncle-joe-s-arcade-plymouth-meeting-pa
    IMG_2506.jpegIMG_2506.jpeg

#866 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

Just opened past weekend, they have 10 pins in a dark nook and they all play great.
    GODZILLA
    THEATRE OF MAGIC
    STAR TREK TNG
    FUNHOUSE
    DINER
    FRANKENSTEIN
    SURF 'N SAFARI
    RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
    PARTY ZONE
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/16839-uncle-joe-s-arcade-plymouth-meeting-pa
    [quoted image]

Nice to see more pinball coming out on location in my neck of the woods.
    I stopped in today and pins were either $1 or .75
    Party Zone was fun until the left flipper started sticking.

#867 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

GODZILLA
    THEATRE OF MAGIC
    STAR TREK TNG
    FUNHOUSE
    DINER
    FRANKENSTEIN
    SURF 'N SAFARI
    RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
    PARTY ZONE
    [quoted image]

I'm guessing this is the same uncle joe's that was in willow grove mall but isn't on pinballmap anymore. They had a Diner, STTNG and a third which I think was another one of the older titles on that list. Closer + expanded collection... I'll take it!

#868 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

GODZILLA
    THEATRE OF MAGIC
    STAR TREK TNG
    FUNHOUSE
    DINER
    FRANKENSTEIN
    SURF 'N SAFARI
    RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
    PARTY ZONE
    [quoted image]

I went the other day to check out this place and I have to say it's a great lineup and the games play great. When do you ever see a Frankenstein or Surf n' Safari on location that work 100%??? Godzilla is fantastic as well! Hopefully, they will create leagues or have tournaments there.

#869 1 year ago

Barcade IN: Cirqus Voltaire Popeye Saves the Earth

Gone: Funhouse, Star Trek TNG

#870 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

Barcade IN: Cirqus Voltaire Popeye Saves the Earth
    Gone: Funhouse, Star Trek TNG

That star trek tng had some ephemeral but recurring issues with the mechs and under-field ball handling that it could use a nap anyway. Recently balls for various multiball modes were getting delayed and then popping out at the worst possible moments 10-20 seconds late. Hopefully it gets a deep tune-up before it goes wherever it goes next.

I'm really going to miss the Funhouse. It's been mostly reliable the last few months and always fun to play. It's possible I played the last full game on it as late monday the next person who stepped up to it had a ball get lost in the subway that ball search was still looking for when I left 10 minutes later.

Pinball Gallery's Funhouse appears to be off the floor at the moment too. Hopefully not for long. If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner sulking.

#871 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

That star trek tng had some ephemeral but recurring issues with the mechs and under-field ball handling that it could use a nap anyway. Recently balls for various multiball modes were getting delayed and then popping out at the worst possible moments 10-20 seconds late. Hopefully it gets a deep tune-up before it goes wherever it goes next.
    I'm really going to miss the Funhouse. It's been mostly reliable the last few months and always fun to play. It's possible I played the last full game on it as late monday the next person who stepped up to it had a ball get lost in the subway that ball search was still looking for when I left 10 minutes later.
    Pinball Gallery's Funhouse appears to be off the floor at the moment too. Hopefully not for long. If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner sulking.

STTNG is notoriously hard to keep running. All those optos have had their way with many experienced techs over the years.

The Railroad has a Fun House still. It's got the 2.0 conversion installed, but I believe you can still play the original. They also have Aliens to help justify the drive.

#872 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

STTNG is notoriously hard to keep running. All those optos have had their way with many experienced techs over the years.
    The Railroad has a Fun House still. It's got the 2.0 conversion installed, but I believe you can still play the original. They also have Aliens to help justify the drive.

I believe it! The tech's @ barcade have actually done a great job the last year firefighting the issues as they come up. I've been amazed how many random things they've managed to fix on the fly week to week over the last couple months. It's just new things have been coming up faster and faster to the point it probably needs a deeper overhaul than can be done on the floor of the bar.

I'm planning to check out Uncle Joe's this weekend and they've supposedly got one. I didn't realize RR had the 2.0 kit. They're out of my normal radius but I guess I'll be making a trip sometime soon.

#873 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

GODZILLA
    THEATRE OF MAGIC
    STAR TREK TNG
    FUNHOUSE
    DINER
    FRANKENSTEIN
    SURF 'N SAFARI
    RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
    PARTY ZONE
    [quoted image]

Made it up there today. First thought was, "Wait... I'm in a mall?!". BONUS: My first four games were on the house due to remaining credits on these machines.

Frankenstein played great. Don't see this one in the wild often.
    Diner played great. I'll come back just to play this one. I love Diner.
    Riverboat Gambler played great. Don't think I've ever played this one.
    AIQ had an issue making it to the right flipper on plunge without doing a power plunge.

I'll be back again if I'm up that way. Hope someone can organize a tournament there.

#874 1 year ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Made it up there today. First thought was, "Wait... I'm in a mall?!". BONUS: My first four games were on the house due to remaining credits on these machines.
    Frankenstein played great. Don't see this one in the wild often.
    Diner played great. I'll come back just to play this one. I love Diner.
    Riverboat Gambler played great. Don't think I've ever played this one.
    AIQ had an issue making it to the right flipper on plunge without doing a power plunge.
    I'll be back again if I'm up that way. Hope someone can organize a tournament there.

Stopped in there today myself. Games are in great shape. Setups are pretty player friendly overall other than ball saves including multiballs seem reduced from typical default settings. Tilts are about average for a location game. It's definitely a good spot.

Had a chat with the guy who owns the place too. He's been in the business for a long time and seems to be happy about it. Mentioned 1 or 2 minor issues I'd noticed on the pins and was quite receptive to the feedback and wanted to hear about everything which is always a good sign. Also said they're planning to do some sort of competitive stuff at some point once they get a little more established at the new location and build a clientele. Not sure if tourneys, leagues or both so if you're there and you see a guy who looks like he owns the place be sure to let him know what you might be interested in.

1 week later
    #875 1 year ago

Barcade now has Metallica

metallica (resized).pngmetallica (resized).png
    #876 1 year ago

Haven't been there yet myself so can't speak to the experience but Bellefonte Brewing Company on the western edge of Wilmington showed up on the map recently with 7 machines and I heard through the grapevine it'll be 12 soon. Current list looks like an assortment of early 90s machines. The Apollo 13 got my attention because I've been unsuccessfully trying to find one ever since I heard about the 13 ball multiball. Anyone been there?

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/17449-bellefonte-brewing-company-wilmington-de

#877 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

Haven't been there yet myself so can't speak to the experience but Bellefonte Brewing Company on the western edge of Wilmington showed up on the map recently with 7 machines and I heard through the grapevine it'll be 12 soon. Current list looks like an assortment of early 90s machines. The Apollo 13 got my attention because I've been unsuccessfully trying to find one ever since I heard about the 13 ball multiball. Anyone been there?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/17449-bellefonte-brewing-company-wilmington-de

Some DPC heads went. Report was games aren't in great shape but are set to .50¢.

#878 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Some DPC heads went. Report was games aren't in great shape but are set to .50¢.

Checked it out myself and was actually pretty decent. Games aren't going to win any beauty contests but they play fine overall save one that developed an issue which they immediately shut off and started working on. Staff is enthusastic about pinball and the beer is good too!.

#879 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

Barcade now has Metallica
    [quoted image]

Metallica has a trough issue where it doesn't ball save during multi-ball, like grave marker ball save didn't save any balls. (Sparky might've saved the first ball that drained, but then when two drained in quick succession, with the light blinking, it only kicked one back).

Ringmaster head isn't registering hits when it's up, but the bally-hoo stand-ups are registering head hits.

Popeye was putting a ball into the plunger lane, but not launching it.

#880 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

Checked it out myself and was actually pretty decent. Games aren't going to win any beauty contests but they play fine overall save one that developed an issue which they immediately shut off and started working on. Staff is enthusastic about pinball and the beer is good too!.

Did you get the 13 ball mb?

#881 1 year ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Popeye was putting a ball into the plunger lane, but not launching it.

Your mistake was playing Popeye

#882 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Did you get the 13 ball mb?

4 times over several games. Drained almost all of them almost instantly first time but kept > half of them in play for awhile on latter ones. Replay scores in general were on the low side but that game was exceptionally low so every coin drop was good for 3 games at least. I'm sure that will change over time as more players find the place.

#883 1 year ago

Getting pumped about this West Chester location. Owner is Perry C and if you can find him on Facebook, he is going to have a soft opening tonight and Thursday.

"Coming soon to West Chester Pa,
    The Pinball Place.
    Open Play.
    Tournament play.
    Corporate parties.
    Private parties.

A quick update. We will be opening this week Tuesday the 18th and Thursday the 20th 5pm - 9pm just for my Facebook friends etc.
    Open Play wristbands $20 unlimited play.
    We will start booking party’s November 1 "

I have been tapped to help Perry get off the group with some tournaments so I will be helping out a little bit potentially.

309021965_10222049155962804_7855724788585201909_n (resized).jpg309021965_10222049155962804_7855724788585201909_n (resized).jpg309271316_10222049155922803_4206558613199591323_n (resized).jpg309271316_10222049155922803_4206558613199591323_n (resized).jpg
    #884 1 year ago
    Quoted from Habermania:

Getting pumped about this West Chester location. Owner is Perry C and if you can find him on Facebook, he is going to have a soft opening tonight and Thursday.
    "Coming soon to West Chester Pa,
    The Pinball Place.
    Open Play.
    Tournament play.
    Corporate parties.
    Private parties.
    A quick update. We will be opening this week Tuesday the 18th and Thursday the 20th 5pm - 9pm just for my Facebook friends etc.
    Open Play wristbands $20 unlimited play.
    We will start booking party’s November 1 "
    I have been tapped to help Perry get off the group with some tournaments so I will be helping out a little bit potentially.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Got an address?

#885 1 year ago

929 S High St #11, West Chester, PA 19382
    The Pinball Place

The initial tournament to introduce players to the location are going to be scheduled for Tuesday, November, 29 at 6:30pm (Matchplay)
    and Friday, December 9th at 6:30pm (Target Matchplay)

Pricing for the location is coming but the will be soft opening Thursday (10/20/22) starting at 5pm for $20 for the night to play alll your want.

#886 1 year ago

cant wait to check out this place in west chester when i'm back home next visiting my parents. they moved from malvern to WC last year

3 weeks later
    #887 1 year ago

This won't be news to anyone who's been there but for anyone who hasn't: Make a trip to Mom's. Absolutely incredible. Great collection, games are in good shape, and 50 cents a play seems too good to be true these days. It's a bit of a haul for me from South Philly but I plan to return frequently.

#888 1 year ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

This won't be news to anyone who's been there but for anyone who hasn't: Make a trip to Mom's. Absolutely incredible. Great collection, games are in good shape, and 50 cents a play seems too good to be true these days. It's a bit of a haul for me from South Philly but I plan to return frequently.

Agreed and here's an excellent spot for some grub and brews nearby
    https://thewaysrestaurantandbrewery.com/

2 weeks later
    #889 1 year ago

Tokens @ Uncle Joe's are normally on a sliding scale of 4/$1 - 120/$20. Was there last week and there was a sign on the change machine with a 140/$20 special Mon-Wed. Not sure if it was a one time thing or weekly but a good chance to stock up if you'd normally be there on other days.

2022-11-15 18.07.33 (resized).jpg2022-11-15 18.07.33 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #890 1 year ago

Christmas Comes to The Pinball Place Friday, Dec 23rd:
    929 S High St, West Chester PA
    $20 + a wrapped white elephant gift (max $20) gets you into the 1-ball flip frenzy to fill the tournament with fun, festive flipping!

Please register ahead of time so the owners can plan for the amount of attendees:
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSc2YVsNOoAUPzxRLKm8sPr6NtQ4YvtMJycvbKGsCHbk_a6ItQ%2Fviewform%3Fusp%3Dpp_url%26entry.1434192633%3DTuesday%2C%2BNovember%2B29th%2C%2B%2B6%3A30pm%26entry.2109138769%3DYes&sa=D&ust=1671311280000000&usg=AOvVaw3XLSIaEcfLDYc5IU23vNqU

2 weeks later
    #891 1 year ago

Uncle Joe's added a Mando Pro a week or 2 ago.

#892 1 year ago

Is Penn Skate in Allentown closing? I saw someone took their pinballs down on pinballmap

#893 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thekfb:

Is Penn Skate in Allentown closing? I saw someone took their pinballs down on pinballmap

Last time I was there they were talking about expanding the room. There was someone on here selling some games to get new ones in. Not closing as much as I know, but not sure

#894 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thekfb:

Yes.
    The last tournament there just happened on Tuesday.

#895 1 year ago

The ownership change at Hyndman's seems to have been finalized. It's now called "Fun Stop Arcade." Stopped in today. Looks like they have all the old machines and added a bunch more pins. Didn't get to play too much as a power outage affecting the area took down the entire farmer's market but no major issues on the few games I did get to play.

#896 1 year ago

Minor update on Penn Skate. Word is they are looking for a new home for the pins.

#897 1 year ago

This Friday night: 1/13/23 at The Pinball Place
    Doors should open just before 6pm
    929 S High St, West Chester PA
    $20 Entry Fee - Group Matchplay
    (BYOB if you'd like)

Prizes include: Stern Translite for the winner,
    2nd and 3rd get wrapped Pinball-adjacent prizes as well.

No additional costs for beyond the entry fee.

Hope to see you there!

#898 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:Minor update on Penn Skate. Word is they are looking for a new home for the pins.

Any other details on this?

#899 1 year ago

They can use my home

1 month later
    #900 1 year ago

According to pinballmap the arcade that Manny said about opening is up. Can anyone confirm if it's officially open or give first impressions?

There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.