(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.
    #601 4 years ago

Center shot for Jurassic Park was fixed at Round1 and was shooting well in general. Didn't play anything else, but saw there were high scores on Black Knight so presumably they fixed the auto-tilt problem with that.

On the flip side a huge group of teenage girls got into a melee while I was there. Cops came and everything. So you take the good with the bad.

2 weeks later
    #602 4 years ago

Stranger Things at Barcade has been updated with the latest code. This adds a damage bar for the Demogorgon if you can't make the shot into his mouth.

Simultaneously: It may be confirmation bias but I believe the ramp or the mech has been adjusted because the Demo shot appears to be much easier to make now. I hadn't made it in 30+ games before today and now have already hit it twice in three games.

In other words: The shot is easier and the code is easier. Somebody come take down CPW's score before he posts a 6 billion.

#603 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Stranger Things at Barcade has been updated with the latest code. This adds a damage bar for the Demogorgon if you can't make the shot into his mouth.
    Simultaneously: It may be confirmation bias but I believe the ramp or the mech has been adjusted because the Demo shot appears to be much easier to make now. I hadn't made it in 30+ games before today and now have already hit it twice in three games.
    In other words: The shot is easier and the code is easier. Somebody come take down CPW's score before he posts a 6 billion.

Good intel. I haven't been paying attention to the game/code much but I'm assuming there's some wiz mode for getting through all the gorgon modes. Might be time to try.

In other STh news, The Gallery got a premium. Haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to checking it out this week.

#604 4 years ago

Turns out I don't know what I'm I'm talking about. Still a STh pro at the Gallery.

#605 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Turns out I don't know what I'm I'm talking about. Still a STh pro at the Gallery.

Weaksauce

1 week later
    #606 4 years ago

Got out to Tin Can in Port Richmond. Never been before but it's basically like every other bar in Fishtown. 4 shiny new Sterns. DP, STh and JP2 all playing well. Didn't play GB.

Games are tucked in the corner and the place wasn't too crowded on a Friday night. Good experience. Will go again.

3 months later
    #607 3 years ago

Ok Philly pinheads, help me out please. On 7/6 I’m going to be in the Media area and looking to kill 12-14 hours. I see Pinball Gallery will be closed. Where can I go to play pinball all day? Try and keep me within 20-25 minutes of Media. Thanks!

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Ok Philly pinheads, help me out please. On 7/6 I’m going to be in the Media area and looking to kill 12-14 hours. I see Pinball Gallery will be closed. Where can I go to play pinball all day? Try and keep me within 20-25 minutes of Media. Thanks!

Mondays are not good for pinball ‘round here, I’m afraid.

#609 3 years ago

Well that’s not good to here! Do I need to load up my own machine?

#610 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Well that’s not good to here! Do I need to load up my own machine?

Don't think any locations open yet, Any locations open in Delaware?

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Pinball Gallery and Village Arcade are both open now but not on Mondays.

#612 3 years ago

You can come to my house, but not until I get off work and it's not 20-25 minutes away.

#613 3 years ago

TMNT (Pro) coming to PInball Gallery next week!

#614 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yes, Delaware is reopened.

#615 3 years ago

Looks like I'm SOL?

#616 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Looks like I'm SOL?

As a Media resident, I can say that there are basically no options in Delaware County. Pinball gallery is closest, about 25 minutes away, but closed on Monday-Tuesday.

That said, if you are driving, you can take 476 south to 95 north and get to the Barcade in Philly/Fishtown in under 30 minutes....or you can take the regional rail train from media to the city and get off within 2 blocks of it if you have an hour to burn and enjoy confined spaces these days.....

Your other potential option is PinCrossing in Royersford. 30 miles/35 minutes away. Dont know if they are open on not....you'd have to check.

#617 3 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

As a Media resident, I can say that there are basically no options in Delaware County. Pinball gallery is closest, about 25 minutes away, but closed on Monday-Tuesday.
    That said, if you are driving, you can take 476 south to 95 north and get to the Barcade in Philly/Fishtown in under 30 minutes....or you can take the regional rail train from media to the city and get off within 2 blocks of it if you have an hour to burn and enjoy confined spaces these days.....
    Your other potential option is PinCrossing in Royersford. 30 miles/35 minutes away. Dont know if they are open on not....you'd have to check.

Is Barcade open?

#618 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Is Barcade open?

You might have to play that by ear and check with them this weekend.... As of today, I think they are open for outdoor only, but Philly was scheduled to "go green" this Friday. Not sure what that means for Barcade. I've also seen rumblings today that it may not happen due to Philly potentially not making their milestones to allow the move to the next phase yet.

#619 3 years ago

Pincrossing has not reopened yet, but they’re closed on Mondays either way.

#620 3 years ago

Man this is going to be a looooong day!

#622 3 years ago

One last bump, hoping to find something!

1 month later
    #623 3 years ago

Aug.20 - Announcement: Philadelphia allows Arcades to reopen effective Aug 20 (same day).

Barcade is now offering one hour admission slots, free play style.
    From instagram:

Gaming is by reservation only and we are charging by the hour.

Call 215-634-4400 to reserve your time!

• No food/drinks inside (but we do have it outside!)
    • 15 people/session maximum
    • Masks must be worn at all times
    • Maintain a 6ft distance from other players
    • Games are cleaned/sanitized between sessions
    • 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm sessions are all ages

1pm: $10
    3pm: $10
    5pm: $10
    7pm: $20
    9pm: $20
    11pm: $20* Friday & Saturday only

#624 3 years ago

Looks like University Family Fun Center is reopening this Friday at 11am.

I'm curious if they purchased any new machines.

Time to take down @ectobar's Grand Champion scores? Not likely, but at least pinball is back in West Philly!

#625 3 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Looks like University Family Fun Center is reopening this Friday at 11am.
    I'm curious if they purchased any new machines.
    Time to take down ectobar's Grand Champion scores? Not likely, but at least pinball is back in West Philly!

Good to hear. Hope them, the Barcade and the rest of the lot can hang on.

#626 3 years ago

$20 an hour... oof. You gotta do what you gotta do to make up for the lost business. Being on free play might help convert some casuals who think pinball is just getting Dr Dudded.

#627 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Good to hear. Hope them, the Barcade and the rest of the lot can hang on.

Bummer. Opening has been delayed:

EDIT to orginal post, as of 8/26/20: unfortunately due to difficulty with our equiptment we need to postpone our reopening. We will let you know when we are able to open again. Thank you all for your support!

We have some new policies to keep everyone safe..
    *NEW hours: 11 AM to 9 PM daily
    *Everyone must wear a mask age 2+ and follow social distancing guidelines
    *Anyone under the age of 18 MUST be accomanied by a adult guardian 25 years or older. Each guardian may bring no more than 6 underage persons into the arcade at a time.
    *We will have hand sanitizer stands on location as well as we will be sanitizing frequently.

2 weeks later
    #628 3 years ago

FYI: The Pinball Gallery has a couple of P3's setup

I had seen them at shows several times but never actually played them. Definitely an interesting experience. I wasn't crazy about either of the games but I'll still give them some more flips in the future.

#629 3 years ago

PinCrossing back open?

#630 3 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

PinCrossing back open?

Not yet.

2 months later
    #631 3 years ago

Barcade in Fishtown closed indefinitely due to new restrictions now in effect,
    best case scenario has it reopening "in the spring." It is certainly not a sure thing.

Shout out to

NPS - BB - DRT - MCJ

for coming in and putting up impressive scores during recent months.

3 months later
    #632 3 years ago

Updates after what seems like a year without Philadelphia location play for me.

Round One is open with socially distanced machines with perhaps updated code as all high scores were reset. Games still play like trash.

GOTG had major issues. Lights out and Special When Lit outlane light always one. Star Wars was super floaty and tilty. JP played OK but I still don't think the spinner is working. Didn't play BKSOR or Munsters, because who has time for bad pinball.

University Family Fun Center sadly has removed all pinball machines. Big loss as this was my closest location.

Has anyone ventured out to any other locations (North Bowl, South Bowl, Barcade)?

Also, Hi Bob.

1 week later
    #633 3 years ago

Further updates on University Family Fun Center. I spoke to the owners today, and it seems pinball was removed only temporarily, and they plan on getting "the newest machines" soon. I hope this means a Led Zepplin and Avengers is coming soon!

#634 3 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Updates after what seems like a year without Philadelphia location play for me.
    Round One is open with socially distanced machines with perhaps updated code as all high scores were reset. Games still play like trash.
    GOTG had major issues. Lights out and Special When Lit outlane light always one. Star Wars was super floaty and tilty. JP played OK but I still don't think the spinner is working. Didn't play BKSOR or Munsters, because who has time for bad pinball.
    University Family Fun Center sadly has removed all pinball machines. Big loss as this was my closest location.
    Has anyone ventured out to any other locations (North Bowl, South Bowl, Barcade)?
    Also, Hi Bob.

Work still doesn't have me coming into the office so I haven't been really anywhere in the city. Seems like we're getting close to the finish line so I hope some places can hang on.

Good to hear UP will still be in the mix. I still haven't played an AIQ. Would definitely be nice to get some time on one.

#635 3 years ago

Bumping for updates:

Village Arcade is open, regular hours.
    Pinball Gallery is open Fri-Sun, limited hours.
    RR/PinCrossing is open, only six games though.

#636 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

RR/PinCrossing is open, only six games though.

I assume RR/PinCrossing is only doing six since that back room is packed so tight that only turning 6 on is the only way to space out?

#637 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I assume RR/PinCrossing is only doing six since that back room is packed so tight that only turning 6 on is the only way to space out?

I thought I heard they removed pins to add more tables to help their business survive during this whole pandemic.

#638 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I thought I heard they removed pins to add more tables to help their business survive during this whole pandemic.

Good call, that makes sense too.

#639 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Hi Everyone; I miss you all.

PinCrossing cleared out 10 of the 16 machines to allow Mike to put more tables in back to comply with what I think was a 25% capacity rule at the time it was done. Hopefully things continue to trend positively, and we'll have to see what Jay and Mike decide in terms of those machines returning on-location.

I saw Penn Skate's Facebook post today (https://www.facebook.com/PennSkateArcade/posts/1390899447918702) for the line-up of machines they plan on opening up back up with. Super exciting to see the line-up of games there.

#640 3 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

Hi Everyone; I miss you all.

Miss you too dude. How’s that micro pinball player doing? Walking yet?

And yes, I am amped about Penn Skate. Looks absolutely awesome.

#641 3 years ago

Barcade Fishtown should be open by mid-April, with a couple changes to the lineup.
    Rick & Morty and a Funhouse with a fresh Mirco will probably be there.

#642 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Miss you too dude. How’s that micro pinball player doing? Walking yet?

Little dude is two now. He's walking, talking, and loves playing with the machines in the basement. He likes to plunge, flip while the ball is up top, and then watch it bounce down off the flippers into the trough and then gets pumped when it counts down bonus. Rinse, repeat.

He also knows how to flip the switch to turn the machines on and off, which is great for him but bad for me if I'm in the middle of a game.

#643 3 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

Little dude is two now. He's walking, talking, and loves playing with the machines in the basement. He likes to plunge, flip while the ball is up top, and then watch it bounce down off the flippers into the trough and then gets pumped when it counts down bonus. Rinse, repeat.
    He also knows how to flip the switch to turn the machines on and off, which is great for him but bad for me if I'm in the middle of a game.

Woah woah woah. He is two already?! Pandemic time sure goes by quickly. Glad to hear you and the family are doing well. Hope to see many of you from the area soon!

2 weeks later
    #644 3 years ago

/// New Location Alert ///

MOM'S Organic Market - Abington

Address: 925 Easton Rd., Roslyn, PA 19001
    Hours: Monday- Saturday: 9:00 AM- 9:00 PM
    Sunday: 9:00 AM- 8:00 PM
    Phone: 267-341-1550
    It's two blocks from the Rosyln Septa rail station.

I think it's been open since last autumn, only just discovered it.
    Machines were set up well and played great.
    11 pins with 4 classic videos

Aerosmith (Pro) (Stern, 2017)
    Attack From Mars (Remake) (Chicago Gaming, 2017)
    Comet (Williams, 1985)
    F-14 Tomcat (Williams, 1987)
    Firepower (Williams, 1980)
    Game of Thrones (LE) (Stern, 2015)
    Genie (Gottlieb, 1979)
    Ghostbusters (LE) (Stern, 2016)
    Independence Day (Sega, 1996)
    Revenge from Mars (Bally, 1999)
    The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary) (Jersey Jack, 2013)

Rick & Morty is now at Barcade Fishtown, they re-open April 8.

IMG_5708 (resized).JPGIMG_5708 (resized).JPG
    #645 3 years ago

moms games are playing well. Also tech was super responsive when I had an issue.

1 week later
    #646 3 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

moms games are playing well. Also tech was super responsive when I had an issue.

Agreed. We were there last week and everything seemed to work very well. Got to play games I'd never played in depth before (Aerosmith, WOZ, GOT). Would liked to have had the gameroom busier but was kinds glad it wasn't. LOL.

Great market too!

Chris

1 week later
    #647 3 years ago

Funhouse has arrived at Barcade.
    New surface, ramps, targets, posts, plastics, everything.
    If you didn't get to play this fresh out of the box in 1990,
    here is your second chance.

IMG_5728 (resized).JPGIMG_5728 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #648 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

Funhouse has arrived at Barcade.
    New surface, ramps, targets, posts, plastics, everything.
    If you didn't get to play this fresh out of the box in 1990,
    here is your second chance. [quoted image]

Stopped by last Fri for the first time in too long.

That Fun House is a real beauty and playing great.

Got to play some R&M for the first time as well. Pretty cool game. Will definitely be putting some more time on it. However, can you make either an incline or flipper power adjustment? The left ramp was completely unmakeable while I was there.

Hoping to get another visit in real soon.

#649 2 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

can you make either an incline or flipper power adjustment?

The right flipper has been boosted, does not help. Dropping incline makes game play too slow long before helping ramp shot. Some people have made it, namely off redirected inertia (never from a held ball) but it's brutal and ridiculous. I have already drilled holes in this playfield to realign metal guides to improve flow and shots. Like their Alice Cooper, I think Spooky started manufacturing a playfield they didn't thoroughly play-test and the result is just weird and often unsatisfying with a broad lack of quality control across the same title (you are better off buying a high s/n machine, these early builds vary greatly in exact item placement, altering play mechanics heavily). Not giving up, though, will look into making more changes. It's a pretty neat game in any event. The left sling being a pop bumper is unsettling.

#650 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

The right flipper has been boosted, does not help. Dropping incline makes game play too slow long before helping ramp shot. Some people have made it, namely off redirected inertia (never from a held ball) but it's brutal and ridiculous. I have already drilled holes in this playfield to realign metal guides to improve flow and shots. Like their Alice Cooper, I think Spooky started manufacturing a playfield they didn't thoroughly play-test and the result is just weird and often unsatisfying with a broad lack of quality control across the same title (you are better off buying a high s/n machine, these early builds vary greatly in exact item placement, altering play mechanics heavily). Not giving up, though, will look into making more changes. It's a pretty neat game in any event. The left sling being a pop bumper is unsettling.

Brutal indeed. Glad your giving it hell though, hope you figure something out.

There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia/page/13?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.