(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

I love the place but last time I was out there the new pins were playing brutal. My ball times on BKSOR Pro and Wonka were about the same. I get that they're location games designed to take your money but I kind of feel bad for the casual players.
    I don't think I'll be going back there for lunch on the weekends, too many unsupervised kids. One of them asked if he could have a turn in my game. Kid, you and your friends just ran around and used up every free credit on every machine. Kids have no shame, lol.

You should have bucked up and put more credits on for the kids. Would keep them from running around.

#552 4 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

This place is great. Played original MB there.

Original MB that was at the Railroad is the same one that's currently at the Carousel. It plays well but definitely set up on the difficult side. Spiderman from RR is also at the Carousel now.

#553 4 years ago

Had some great games on AFM yesterday at Railroad, wanted to play more stuff I haven't yet like Wonka but was with the family so pin time was limited...

2 weeks later
    #554 4 years ago

Something you don't see often. A location machine in or around Philadelphia without ectobar CPW as Grand Champion. I doubt it will hold. GB at University Pinball with new code. No idea how I was scoring so big. Lots of extra balls coded in. Game still sucks if you ask me.

IMG_20191004_173624 (resized).jpgIMG_20191004_173624 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #555 4 years ago

Working at the Gallery Reno Project...now called Fashion District of Philadelphia. Just saw these today at Round 1 and wanted to share. Should be opening in November. Directly across from AMC theater

IMG_20191017_102952 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_102952 (resized).jpg
    #556 4 years ago

Go break them in billy

#557 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Working at the Gallery Reno Project...now called Fashion District of Philadelphia. Just saw these today at Round 1 and wanted to share. Should be opening in November. Directly across from AMC theater[quoted image]

Very cool. Thanks for the update.

#558 4 years ago

Wow. Definitely hoping Barcade gets a JP, but happy to check out the new Round1 when it opens if that's my only option.

My real hope for Round1 is that they get a maimai. I know there's very little chance of this happening (I don't think an English-localized version exists) but they've got them at the Round1s in Japan!

#559 4 years ago

As seen at University Pinball. Somehow this is still registering walker hits. Duct Tape. Official tool of the lazy operator.

IMG_20191018_181051 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_181051 (resized).jpg
    #560 4 years ago

That is unfortunate. I guess at least it's still playable.

#561 4 years ago

Looks better to me

3 weeks later
    #562 4 years ago

Word on the street is Barcade is opening a center city location and is expecting to put ~20 pins in there. Possibly next year sometime.

#563 4 years ago

I don't know if putting a machine out on location could ever be considered trolling. But if that's possible, Barcade has done it! Gone is Simpsons and in its place... Jurassic Park!!!!

The DE one.

Still, much better than DE Simpsons.

Meanwhile, Iron Maiden is finally starting to click for me:
    IMG_20191114_145633 (resized).jpgIMG_20191114_145633 (resized).jpg

#564 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Word on the street is Barcade is opening a center city location and is expecting to put ~20 pins in there. Possibly next year sometime.

Interesting. Google search found nothing on this. T

his, plus the new Round1 in Market East (Fashion District) will definitely add to the availability of games in Philly proper.

#565 4 years ago

Been noticing a few new high scores at University Pinball (don't worry CPW, you are still represented). BAD and WLB. Anyone on this thread these people? Or has RED changed up his initials.

#566 4 years ago

Word is Round1 will be opening in January

1 month later
    #567 4 years ago

Round 1 is open in Center City. Low replay scores and no or loose tilts. Right by the bowling lanes and away from the kids and other games. Worth a visit while the games are still playing nice.

IMG_20191223_162635 (resized).jpgIMG_20191223_162635 (resized).jpgIMG_20191223_162642 (resized).jpgIMG_20191223_162642 (resized).jpg
    #568 4 years ago

Spent a little time there today. No high scores for me but a few replays. A few games need some help already, GOTG balls sticking in loose upper lane, ball stuck IMDN ramp return, BKSOF tilting at each ball launch.

#569 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barr993:

Spent a little time there today. No high scores for me but a few replays. A few games need some help already, GOTG balls sticking in loose upper lane, ball stuck IMDN ramp return, BKSOF tilting at each ball launch.

Ruh roh. This place seems like it's doomed if they don't hire an actual tech soon.

#570 4 years ago

Additional issue at Round1: Center spinner on JP wasn't registering hits, which more or less made it unplayable.

On the whole, a bad first impression as far as pinball is concerned. But that actually had four maimai cabinets, which was a pleasant surprise!

#571 4 years ago

The "ongoing philly discourse" always cracks me up.

Yes, I've been to some Eagles games as a visiting fan and I'm well aware of what "ongoing Philadelphia discourse" is like!

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Round 1 is open in Center City. Low replay scores and no or loose tilts. Right by the bowling lanes and away from the kids and other games. Worth a visit while the games are still playing nice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting - the Round 1 at the Exton mall doesn't have any pinball machines (at least they didn't as of a month ago).

#573 4 years ago

Round 1 is also opening a place in Lancaster. I'm hoping with bated breath did they have pinball there.

#574 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "ongoing philly discourse" always cracks me up.
    Yes, I've been to some Eagles games as a visiting fan and I'm well aware of what "ongoing Philadelphia discourse" is like!

We're letting New Yorkers post in here now?! This thread is going to end up as shitty as the streets of NYC and SF

1 week later
    #575 4 years ago

Barcade has STh.

Sadly IMDN is gone. Guess more Rail visits will be in order to get my fix.

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Round 1 is also opening a place in Lancaster. I'm hoping with bated breath did they have pinball there.

Where is the location?

#577 4 years ago

Read this the other day - as of now it seems he just has vintage and other video games in place but I believe he has some pinball games coming in soon. I’ll check back and update accordingly.
    https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/news/20200107/game-on-arcade-brings-fun-for-all-ages-to-medfords-main-street

#578 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Where is the location?

It's at the Fashion District which is the former Gallery.

https://fashiondistrictphiladelphia.com

#579 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

It's at the Fashion District which is the former Gallery.
    https://fashiondistrictphiladelphia.com

I was referring to the Round 1 coming to the Lancaster area.

#580 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I was referring to the Round 1 coming to the Lancaster area.

That is supposed to be going in the old Sears anchor store at Park City. If you're in the parking lot by the food court, it's the big empty wing on the left. They're supposedly taking the whole 77,000 sq ft ground floor.

#581 4 years ago

Barcade have any good food? Swinging by tomorrow night.

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

They have food. But I can't comment on if it is good or not. But there are a lot of great places to eat within walking distance of Barcade.

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Walk a block up the street to Joe's Steaks for a good cheesesteak. If you aren't concerned too much about keeping it cheap, walk another block or two to Fette Sau. Some of the best Brisket/BBQ in PHL.

#584 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Walk a block up the street to Joe's Steaks for a good cheesesteak. If you aren't concerned too much about keeping it cheap, walk another block or two to Fette Sau. Some of the best Brisket/BBQ in PHL.

You just sold me on Fette Wap and Bourbon. Thank you!

#585 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

You just sold me on Fette Wap and Bourbon. Thank you!

Frankfort Hall is next door. Awesome place to grab a German beer in a very large stein.

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Yes for sure. Tacos and sandos are legit.

#587 4 years ago

No beer for me. I’m going after the bourbon. Those Kentucky Bourbon crushes are fire!

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Yes for sure. Tacos and sandos are legit.

On a 1-10 scale, the sandwiches are 6.5, the tacos are 4, imo.

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

On a 1-10 scale, the sandwiches are 6.5, the tacos are 4, imo.

I guess when I'm sitting around and my initials are blinking across every pin the food tastes that much better

#590 4 years ago

Was gonna head to Barcade this afternoon already, psyched I'll get to try out Stranger Things.

#591 4 years ago

CPW I see you've already posted up on Stranger Things. Have you been able to hit the Demogorgon shot consistently? I had an otherwise brilliant game stalled by that. I'd heard it's really tough out of the box, but it seems almost unmakeable. I've only hit it once!

#592 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

CPW I see you've already posted up on Stranger Things. Have you been able to hit the Demogorgon shot consistently? I had an otherwise brilliant game stalled by that. I'd heard it's really tough out of the box, but it seems almost unmakeable. I've only hit it once!

Play better. All shots are easy for Big Shot Bob!

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Quoted from djreddog:

Play better. All shots are easy for Big Shot Bob!

This

But no. I hit the first couple and thought, hey surprise surpise, pinside is whining again. This shots no big deal...then it basically ate my lunch the rest of the day. Tough shot fo sho.

#594 4 years ago

Had a good time at Barcade tonight. Got to meet several cool people who are local and into pinball in different capacities. Met and played Stranger Things with Shawn, Andrew, and Matt. Later on @ectobar, his wife, and his brother stopped in and we played a bunch more games on Stranger Things with ectobar putting up a new GC of like 1.6 Billion!!! My takeaways for Stranger Things, the DemiGorg is WAY to hard to hit and the payoff isn't worth it, so ignore it. Jury is still out on whether or not the game will be awesome like an Iron Maiden or Stern Jurassic. Good times tonight!!

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Had a good time at Barcade tonight. Got to meet several cool people who are local and into pinball in different capacities. Met and played Stranger Things with Shawn, Andrew, and Matt. Later on ectobar, his wife, and his brother stopped in and we played a bunch more games on Stranger Things with ectobar putting up a new GC of like 1.6 Billion!!! My takeaways for Stranger Things, the DemiGorg is WAY to hard to hit and the payoff isn't worth it, so ignore it. Jury is still out on whether or not the game will be awesome like an Iron Maiden or Stern Jurassic. Good times tonight!!

Nice meeting you and your wife tonight! Was amazing seeing CPW put up that GC on Stranger Things. Fun flipping with you.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Nice meeting you and your wife tonight! Was amazing seeing CPW put up that CG on Stranger Things. Fun flipping with you.

I generally bring out the best in @ectobar!

#597 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I generally bring out the best in ectobar!

I'm going to choose to black out tonight because I refuse to except that you wear anything but bright awesome pants.

#598 4 years ago

JP out, STTNG in at Barcade

#599 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

JP out, STTNG in at Barcade

Jackpot

2 weeks later
    #600 4 years ago

Great game. Impossible shot.

IMG_20200204_180342 (resized).jpgIMG_20200204_180342 (resized).jpg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia/page/12?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.