(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 554 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by deibert
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191004_173624 (resized).jpg
    A74326F6-8FBF-4806-AD6E-32DEF5455A6D (resized).jpeg
    8A7CEF94-E978-4222-9D7E-3F79DA355532 (resized).jpeg
    DD6234C1-BC55-4A1E-82D0-F8EC1287F8E8 (resized).jpeg
    39A1AC9E-97BB-436F-8843-BF644460648B (resized).jpeg
    FBB1E15F-5D91-4118-9CE3-A612D658C880 (resized).jpeg
    19AE6134-4841-4EC1-8766-8BD5824F389B (resized).jpeg
    41360934-7DCB-4A0F-B2C4-17A7BE0D4584 (resized).jpeg
    EA4866E8-F03B-4A56-9AEA-E61BE0EFF3B8 (resized).jpeg
    443A2354-0506-4AE3-B23B-A2CA008A1D9B (resized).jpeg
    63954026-3126-45A5-B770-A21C6A2FE6D5 (resized).jpeg
    ECF76637-6AA3-4C76-A294-9F210EF278B0 (resized).jpeg
    E8547F60-2D56-4884-8D48-52847F6AEEC8 (resized).jpeg
    20190811_141642 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_174710__01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190509_125559 (resized).jpg

There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
    #501 7 months ago

https://popinnbar.com/

https://www.facebook.com/popinnbar/

Officially open now. Let me know if they have any pins!

#502 7 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

https://popinnbar.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/popinnbar/
    Officially open now. Let me know if they have any pins!

Seriously doubt it!!

1 week later
    #503 7 months ago

University Pinball has AFM! Waiting for CPW to dominate the high scores before RED. Flippers seemed extremely strong on this one.

IMG_20190312_201132 (resized).jpg
    #504 7 months ago
    Quoted from deibert:

University Pinball has AFM! Waiting for CPW to dominate the high scores before RED. Flippers seemed extremely strong on this one.
    [quoted image]

Most excellent. I'll have to stop by soon.

#505 7 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Most excellent. I'll have to stop by soon.

By the way, what does CPW stand for? Champion Pinball Wizard?

#506 7 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

By the way, what does CPW stand for? Champion Pinball Wizard?

LOL. It does now.

CPW is basically the where my pinball addiction started. Used to live in an apt complex called Colonial Park West. A friend and I teamed up to split a TMNT and this madness grew from there. Initially it was going to be team effort type scenario inspired by Portland's CFF crew, but has since just been myself.

1 week later
    #507 6 months ago

If you find yourself up in Quakertown, the Quakertown Farmers Market has just added a Munsters Premium. The full lineup at QMart is Deadpool, Iron Maiden, AC/DC (pro/vault), Metallica, and Munsters. All are well taken care of.

#508 6 months ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

If you find yourself up in Quakertown, the Quakertown Farmers Market has just added a Munsters Premium. The full lineup at QMart is Deadpool, Iron Maiden, AC/DC (pro/vault), Metallica, and Munsters. All are well taken care of.

I just got to Booths Corner for the first time and it's pretty much my new favorite place. I hear Qmart is a similar experience so I'm going to venture there soon.

#509 6 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I just got to Booths Corner for the first time and it's pretty much my new favorite place. I hear Qmart is a similar experience so I'm going to venture there soon.

Yeah, Qmart stepped their game up within the past year. A couple years ago it used to be the same machines all the time, each with various issues. They had a beat up Nascar, Shrek, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Who Dunnit. All borderline unplayable. The operator has definitely realized that taking care of the games and occasional changes to the lineup will be worth it in terms of coin drop.

Qmart is also a new location for the PHILA Selfie League if you are into that sort of thing.

#510 6 months ago

Barcade just got a DE Simpsons - anyone played it yet?

#511 6 months ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Qmart is also a new location for the PHILA Selfie League if you are into that sort of thing.

Oh I'm into that sort of thing. CPW is currently dominating the leaderboard.

Quoted from RatShack:

Saw it there last week. Looked to be in real nice shape. Didn't play it.

2 weeks later
    #512 6 months ago

The Pinball Gallery got their Oktoberfest. I played one game. My trying to be positive review of it is that at least now Deadpool is on freeplay.

#513 6 months ago

I can't say enough good things about Pinball Gallery. It's well worth the drive for us. It's clean, great variety of pins, but the best part is how it is run. The owners are so nice, take care of their machines and simply love pinball. Paul chatted with the owner (his name is escaping me atm) for a good bit about our Riverboat and gave him some great advice on how to try to fix some issues he had with it.
    Good, good people!

#514 6 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

yes

#515 6 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

The Pinball Gallery got their Oktoberfest. I played one game. My trying to be positive review of it is that at least now Deadpool is on freeplay.

Elaborate. Is it just lacking code?

#516 6 months ago

So the AFM at University Pinball. Maybe it's the remake, maybe it's the machine's set up, but the machine plays like shit in my opinion. None of the shots feel right or good to m.

I've noticed that most AFM remakes play differently, but this one is just not fun. Anyone else feel the same way? Is it that I am more used to the original machine?

#517 6 months ago
    Quoted from deibert:

So the AFM at University Pinball. Maybe it's the remake, maybe it's the machine's set up, but the machine plays like shit in my opinion. None of the shots feel right or good to m.
    I've noticed that most AFM remakes play differently, but this one is just not fun. Anyone else feel the same way? Is it that I am more used to the original machine?

Originals are way better than the remakes, regarding the flippers. It’s a big letdown.

#518 6 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Originals are way better than the remakes, regarding the flippers. It’s a big letdown.

Good I am not alone on that!

#519 6 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Elaborate. Is it just lacking code?

It was a game I was looking forward to but had basically zero fun playing.

Art work is a lot to deal with. Just too much going on.
    Music is a weird blend of weak metal and polka.
    The two ramps on the left were way too difficult to hit. I think this one is just a setup issue with that particular machine though.
    Non mode shots don't ever seem to do anything or make any noise. I imagine this will probably be resolved with some updates.

Basically it kinda just felt like more Houdini, which I don't like either.

I'm not not going to play it more, but it has already quickly dropped off my radar.

#520 6 months ago
    Quoted from deibert:

I've only got the one session in and it did play a little janky. Definitely remember some balls shot cleanly to the lock jumping the trail into the out lane. That is absolutely awful. However, the one at the Rail used to do the same thing when they first got it, but they managed to fix it. Doubt the one at UP will get the needed attention to tune it right.

#521 6 months ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Feels like a Stern!

1 week later
    #522 5 months ago

Barcade replaced Johnny with Phantom of the Opera. Ouch.

#524 5 months ago

https://barcadephiladelphia.com/special-events/

IMG_20190426_194231 (resized).jpg
    #525 5 months ago

This one was bugging me. I've been gunning for it lately. MJM, you have been dethroned.

20190430_134208 (resized).jpg
    #526 5 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

This one was bugging me.

They finally fixed the backwards staging on the left flippers.

1 week later
    #527 5 months ago

It's nothing compared to CPW's long-standing 620M+ (if memory serves) but after a machine reset I lit up TAF at Barcade pretty well this afternoon. Sound cuts in and out, and a hard bear ramp shot from the left flipper often falls off the habitrail (that keeps things interesting!) but I was locked in with it today. Of course 90% of my score came from ball one and EBs. Last two were trash. Feels like that always happens.

IMG_20190509_125559 (resized).jpg
    #528 5 months ago

Also, while I am thrilled they are up to seven machines right now, I'm basically not playing anything except for TAF and TNA.

1 week later
    #529 5 months ago

Saw Barcade got a Whirlwind, did anything leave?

#530 5 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Saw Barcade got a Whirlwind, did anything leave?

I'm guessing no. The map was updated by yaggy who maintains the pins there so I'd assume it's accurate. If this mystery isn't solved this weekend, I'll investigate next week.

#531 4 months ago

Confirming Whirlwind is nestled in comfortably next to Phantom at Barcade, bringing the total to eight tables.

2 Tokens per play, table is in great condition. Blue display, working topper, nice playfield. Plays a bit slow but I haven't played a real one in forever so I don't have much to compare it to.

#532 4 months ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Confirming Whirlwind is nestled in comfortably next to Phantom at Barcade, bringing the total to eight tables.
    2 Tokens per play, table is in great condition. Blue display, working topper, nice playfield. Plays a bit slow but I haven't played a real one in forever so I don't have much to compare it to.

I put my stank on it today. Plays real nice and is in great shape. A very nice addition to the lineup.

1 week later
    #533 4 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I put my stank on it today. Plays real nice and is in great shape. A very nice addition to the lineup.

I agree, great playing machine. Replay score is low enough to obtain. Forgot how addictively fun this game is. Played this many hours Saturday; didn't even want to play another machine. We're all chasing CPW but I got a score that should last a while.

IMG_20190601_174710__01 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #534 3 months ago

Casey's flipped out AS for a SW pro. It's playing really nice except the Hoth lock shot isn't registering all the time. Definitely worth putting some quarters in. Aside from Hoth is which is pretty annoying, it plays better than the one at North Bowl and the Gallery.

#535 3 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Casey's flipped out AS for a SW pro. It's playing really nice except the Hoth lock shot isn't registering all the time. Definitely worth putting some quarters in. Aside from Hoth is which is pretty annoying, it plays better than the one at North Bowl and the Gallery.

Do all of the Casey’s have Pins?

#536 3 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Do all of the Casey’s have Pins?

The only other one I know of is in Upper Darby and I don't think they have a pin

1 month later
    #537 83 days ago

It's outside of Philly a ways, but we were at the recently opened Mcallister's Brewing in North Wales, PA on Saturday. Nice little place with a surprise in the back room - a Simpsons Pinball Party! Played pretty decently although a little dirty. Flippers were nice and strong. Was a pleasant surprise

Chris

#538 83 days ago

I haven't heard of this place but I'll have to check it out. My wife works pretty close to there. How was the beer?

#539 83 days ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I haven't heard of this place but I'll have to check it out. My wife works pretty close to there. How was the beer?

Never heard of them either but the beers on their site link to untappd. Most of them seem decently rated, the porter having the highest rating.

#540 83 days ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Quoted from ectobar:

Never heard of them either but the beers on their site link to untappd. Most of them seem decently rated, the porter having the highest rating.

We liked the beer a lot! They opened 6 weeks ago apparently. they are not easy to find (but Google maps will get you there). They have hot dogs (fancy ones) and good pulled chicken nachos too!

810 Dickerson Road
    North Wales, PA. It's right by the Septa Station in North Wales.

If you're there, also check out Ten7 brewing which is about 1/4 mile away from there too at 510 Beaver Street. No pinball there, but great beer. They have food trucks at certain times.

1 week later
    #541 73 days ago

Farewell Phantom, hello Wonka at Barcade. I haven't been on the boards much lately so I don't know what the consensus on Wonka is but after a half dozen plays, I'm not a fan.

Meanwhile in much bigger news, TNA is down to two tokens/play.

#542 72 days ago

You would leave the question mark. Lol. But I approve of the new title.

#543 72 days ago

Just want to thank yaggy for making Barcade the best location in Philly for pinball. I hope the location pin scene keeps growing here.

#544 71 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

You would leave the question mark. Lol. But I approve of the new title.

Nice to finally meet you at Replay FX! The question mark stays!

#545 65 days ago

So Barcade put the left post in Wonka...

20190811_141642 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #546 31 days ago

Not in Philly, but the Carousel at Pottstown has about 10 pins to play. Only played Monster Bash and tilt was real sensitive. Only open Sat. and Sun.
    https://www.carouselatpottstown.org/

#547 31 days ago

Stoped by pin crossing Wednesday and Thursday
    Fathom needs pop work jay.

19AE6134-4841-4EC1-8766-8BD5824F389B (resized).jpeg39A1AC9E-97BB-436F-8843-BF644460648B (resized).jpeg8A7CEF94-E978-4222-9D7E-3F79DA355532 (resized).jpegA74326F6-8FBF-4806-AD6E-32DEF5455A6D (resized).jpegDD6234C1-BC55-4A1E-82D0-F8EC1287F8E8 (resized).jpeg443A2354-0506-4AE3-B23B-A2CA008A1D9B (resized).jpegE8547F60-2D56-4884-8D48-52847F6AEEC8 (resized).jpegEA4866E8-F03B-4A56-9AEA-E61BE0EFF3B8 (resized).jpeg63954026-3126-45A5-B770-A21C6A2FE6D5 (resized).jpeg41360934-7DCB-4A0F-B2C4-17A7BE0D4584 (resized).jpegECF76637-6AA3-4C76-A294-9F210EF278B0 (resized).jpegFBB1E15F-5D91-4118-9CE3-A612D658C880 (resized).jpeg
    #548 31 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Not in Philly, but the Carousel at Pottstown has about 10 pins to play. Only played Monster Bash and tilt was real sensitive. Only open Sat. and Sun.
    https://www.carouselatpottstown.org/

They have the same hours and are about 10 minutes away from Village Arcade for anyone trying to justify the drive. Village Arcade just added a really nice Magnotron to their lineup.

Quoted from freddy:

I think I'm headed there after work today, get some games and a burger in. Yesterday was the Jurassic Park launch party at Pinball Gallery, place was jammed.

#549 30 days ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Fathom needs pop work jay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This place is great. Played original MB there. Food is very good. Have to get back there to play the new pins!

#550 30 days ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

This place is great. Played original MB there. Food is very good. Have to get back there to play the new pins!

I love the place but last time I was out there the new pins were playing brutal. My ball times on BKSOR Pro and Wonka were about the same. I get that they're location games designed to take your money but I kind of feel bad for the casual players.

I don't think I'll be going back there for lunch on the weekends, too many unsupervised kids. One of them asked if he could have a turn in my game. Kid, you and your friends just ran around and used up every free credit on every machine. Kids have no shame, lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 27.99
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside