(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.
    #451 5 years ago

The MET @ Casey’s has been replaced by an AS.

It's playing well.

#452 5 years ago

Sorry JIM, Ridley Park is my turf CPWCPW

#453 5 years ago
    3 weeks later
    #454 5 years ago

Stopped in North Bowl. Didn't play anything but all the pins were up and running. Been a bit since I've been there but I still had the GC on SW which means it's sadly a couple versions behind now.

#455 5 years ago

Spruce Street Harbor Park

55841 (resized).jpeg55841 (resized).jpeg
    #456 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Spruce Street Harbor Park

How is the flipper strength on LOTR?

1 month later
    #457 5 years ago

Who maintains the machines at Barcade? Iron Main was so floaty and the flippers are weak and spongy. Really hard to make it up ramps from cradle. Disappointing.

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Who maintains the machines at Barcade? Iron Main was so floaty and the flippers are weak and spongy. Really hard to make it up ramps from cradle. Disappointing.

I've seen one of the bartenders working on them a couple times. There is definitely someone else involved as well though because I asked him about updating the code and he said he doesn't do that.

Last time I was there the bottom drop was still sticking on IMDN which is no bueno. Even still, for the amount of people that go there, I think the games are generally in acceptable to good shape.

3 weeks later
    #459 5 years ago

Barcade replaced DI with JJP Pirates.

Got about 5 games in. Had 5 or so balls release from the mode start shot and go SDTM. Extremely frustrating.

I'm going to go put some more games on it, but my initial impression wasn't good. Basically felt like just another JJP game that looks really cool but isn't particularly fun to play.

Also, IMDN got it's code updated and the bottom drop was finally fixed.

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Barcade replaced DI with JJP Pirates.
    Got about 5 games in. Had 5 or so balls release from the mode start shot and go SDTM. Extremely frustrating.
    I'm going to go put some more games on it, but my initial impression wasn't good. Basically felt like just another JJP game that looks really cool but isn't particularly fun to play.

Interesting. I found the gameplay on JJP's streams to be exciting to watch. I guess actually playing it is another thing. Looking forward to getting a few games on this to form my own opinion. SDTM drains on any game is not-fun. If not for this, what were some other things you personally felt not-fun?

#461 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Interesting. I found the gameplay on JJP's streams to be exciting to watch. I guess actually playing it is another thing. Looking forward to getting a few games on this to form my own opinion. SDTM drains on any game is not-fun. If not for this, what were some other things you personally felt not-fun?

I've officially played it a lot.

I like a lot of what it has to offer. Lots going on.
    Some cool shots:
    Under the flipper shot, EB through the pops, old school in lanes, escape hole to the shooter lane, looping the upper flipper shot.

Different abilities for characters is nice touch, still trying to feel that out, have had some success with several characters.

I managed to get through all 5 MBs in a couple games, but haven't seen much of the modes as I've been avoiding that shot because it is still very problematic. In theory I like the idea of only 2 tilt warnings a game but when the mode release keeps eating my lunch, not so much.

My feelings on the game is basically the same same as the Hobbit and DI, fun for a game or two, but that's about it.

I hope I come around to it a little more because I've heard that both the Gallery and the Rail are getting one.

#462 5 years ago

I just added a new location to Pinball Map. Pineville Tavern in Pineville has a Monopoly.

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I've officially played it a lot.
    I like a lot of what it has to offer. Lots going on.
    Some cool shots:
    Under the flipper shot, EB through the pops, old school in lanes, escape hole to the shooter lane, looping the upper flipper shot.
    Different abilities for characters is nice touch, still trying to feel that out, have had some success with several characters.
    I managed to get through all 5 MBs in a couple games, but haven't seen much of the modes as I've been avoiding that shot because it is still very problematic. In theory I like the idea of only 2 tilt warnings a game but when the mode release keeps eating my lunch, not so much.
    My feelings on the game is basically the same same as the Hobbit and DI, fun for a game or two, but that's about it.
    I hope I come around to it a little more because I've heard that both the Gallery and the Rail are getting one.

Had a chance to play $10 worth today. That mode shot release was annoying but I washable to save it most of the time.

Is it me, or are JJP's flippers weaker than Sterns? Much difficulties making that left ramp and the chest lock. Maybe I just can't find the sweet spot?

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Had a chance to play $10 worth today. That mode shot release was annoying but I washable to save it most of the time.
    Is it me, or are JJP's flippers weaker than Sterns? Much difficulties making that left ramp and the chest lock. Maybe I just can't find the sweet spot?

Both are tough shots there for sure. I'm guessing just a location thing. There are certainly settings to bump the power.

1 week later
    #465 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

There are certainly settings to bump the power.

Factory setting is 60% and we'll leave it there for now since you clearly have no problem closing in on 2M and dominating the high score roster.

StarMap ExBall has just been lowered from 10 hits to 8.

Discovered and Fixed unreported Chest fork assembly malfunction.
    Discovered and Fixed unreported Starmap rubber (30pt) shorted out, scoring continuously.

IMG_3976 (resized).JPGIMG_3976 (resized).JPG
    #466 5 years ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

Factory setting is 60% and we'll leave it there for now since you clearly have no problem closing in on 2M and dominating the high score roster.
    Discovered and Fixed unreported Starmap rubber (30pt) shorted out, scoring continuously.[quoted image]

Most excellent! Glad to have you be a part of the discussion here. I'll definitely come by again soon.

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from yaggy:

Discovered and Fixed unreported Starmap rubber (30pt) shorted out, scoring continuously.[quoted image]

@yaggy the orbit post on champion pub does not engage.

#468 5 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

@yaggy the orbit post on champion pub does not engage.

Thanks, this is helpful - playability issues like this often go unreported and I can't always play (ahem, "test") them all each visit.

1 week later
    #469 5 years ago

Got some more games on JJPOTC at the Barcade yesterday. Game is playing great. Thanks yaggy

Chest lock is still difficult, but certainly makeable now. Was able to start chest mb several times. Think I had more success making it from the left flipper for whatever reason.

Not sure if the game was leveled or if any other changes were made but I had very few drains from the mode start release. Previously most of the drains came when the ball had come to rest on the left side of the post. I've found that if you hit both flippers it pulses the magnet and dramatically reduces your chance of slimy drains. As such I was able to actually play some modes which was cool.

Lastly, noticed Davey Jones was now a selectable character. That wasn't the case previously. I'm not totally up to speed on the code for the game but found it interesting because I still had scores in the game. Maybe JJP pins are updateable without resetting scores?

The game plays long but it's growing on me. Might even be edging out DI for my favorite JJP game.

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Not sure if the game was leveled or if any other changes were made but I had very few drains from the mode start release. Previously most of the drains came when the ball had come to rest on the left side of the post. I've found that if you hit both flippers it pulses the magnet and dramatically reduces your chance of slimy drains. As such I was able to actually play some modes which was cool.

That first day we played, I don't think the magnet was functioning: the post would drop and the ball would just be released without any randomness introduced.

also, yaggy thanks! Champion Pub is playable and fun again. Ramp can be hit from a trap, speed bag and jump rope are working well and the orbit post actually raises! (now just need the flippers re-aligned a slight bit so that the jab ramps can be hit from ball resting on the center up-post )

#471 5 years ago

Confetti Arcade has moved from Berkshire Mall in Reading to Coventry Mall in Pottstown. We stopped in over the weekend and found redemption/claw games, driving games, a couple Skeeballs and an air hockey set up so far. No pins have made the move yet, let's hope they do!

#472 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Got some more games on JJPOTC at the Barcade yesterday. Game is playing great. Thanks yaggy
    Chest lock is still difficult, but certainly makeable now. Was able to start chest mb several times. Think I had more success making it from the left flipper for whatever reason.
    Lastly, noticed Davey Jones was now a selectable character. That wasn't the case previously. I'm not totally up to speed on the code for the game but found it interesting because I still had scores in the game. Maybe JJP pins are updateable without resetting scores?
    The game plays long but it's growing on me. Might even be edging out DI for my favorite JJP game.

I think the new SW has a magnetic pulse to prevent SDTM drains and added a new character. The JJP streams have been a good resource to learning the rules and changes in the game. Looks like your opinion changed quite a bit from "Basically felt like just another JJP game that looks really cool but isn't particularly fun to play".

I got a lot of time on this game at Silver Ball Museum and I agree, it's now one of JJP's best!

1 week later
    #473 5 years ago

The Pop Inn Bar & Restuarant in Chalfont, PA is opening soon. Looks like a cool concept. I suggest some pinheads stop by there and advise them to put some pinball machines in the place(who knows, maybe that's already in their plans, just trying to give a heads up to everyone on here).

https://popinnbar.com/

https://www.facebook.com/popinnbar/

1 week later
    #474 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

The Pop Inn Bar & Restuarant in Chalfont, PA is opening soon. Looks like a cool concept. I suggest some pinheads stop by there and advise them to put some pinball machines in the place(who knows, maybe that's already in their plans, just trying to give a heads up to everyone on here).
    https://popinnbar.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/popinnbar/

Any updates on this place?

1 month later
    #475 5 years ago

I slacked off a little on my Philadelphia domination tour, but the legend of CPW grows. Got an awesome text last night CPWCPW

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I slacked off a little on my Philadelphia domination tour, but the legend of CPW grows. Got an awesome text last night [quoted image]

University Pinball updated Aerosmith so RED has the GC now. Domination not yet complete. FYI your other GC's have held up.

#477 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

University Pinball updated Aerosmith so RED has the GC now. Domination not yet complete. FYI your other GC's have held up.

That's a pleasant surprise. Didn't think they would update this soon, if at all.

#478 5 years ago

Casey's in Ridley Park update:

AS is still there and aside from stealing one of my dollars, it's playing well. Unfortunately it didn't get the latest code yet. Also of note, a star post has been added between the pops that prevents the ball from popping over into the lock shot.

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Casey's in Ridley Park update:
    AS is still there. Also of note, a star post has been added between the pops that prevents the ball from popping over into the lock shot.

That post is there from the factory.

Has anyone been in this place yet? The Pop Inn Bar & Restuarant in Chalfont, PA

#480 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Interesting. I'm seeing it in some pictures on google but I've definitely played some without it.

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Interesting. I'm seeing it in some pictures on google but I've definitely played some without it.

Yea, some people/ops remove it. I left mine in. Similar concept with the mysterious rubber band on White Water by the pops....

#482 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Has anyone been in this place yet? The Pop Inn Bar & Restuarant in Chalfont, PA

I googled their website, says not open yet...

#483 5 years ago

The UP AS RED GC situation has been handled. #CPW

#484 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

The UP AS RED GC situation has been handled. #CPW

Was just there for a few games. Damn you got skills! Some impressive scores. I knew something was up when the replay score on WD was 202M!

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Was just there for a few games. Damn you got skills! Some impressive scores. I knew something was up when the replay score on WD was 202M!

RED was there on AS when I got there so I played a few games of TWD while he finished up.

Liking the new AS code. The bonus for modes completed when starting Medley MB is good addition. Gives you much more reason to try and complete modes. New rules for Medley are better as well.

#486 5 years ago

Barcade has added Total Nuclear Annihilation

and the Philly Pinball Club is planning a non-IFPA, WPPR-free Pingolf event for Sunday January 12. $5 participation fee. $15 for CPW.

#487 5 years ago

I just so happened to drop by today and left you a score to chase on TNA

1 week later
    #488 5 years ago

Super positive Barcade update:

JM has replaced CP. I'm not a total CP hater, but this is a massive upgrade. JM is playing real nice as well. If you've never played one, definitely go get some games in. For those in the know, the spinner has been gimped. Still some good points there, but this really balances the game.

1 week later
    #489 5 years ago

As of Thursday, ST is gone from University Pinball. Not sure what, if anything, will replace it. That game had a good run. Must have played 1000 games on it over the last 4 or 5 years.

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

As of Thursday, ST is gone from University Pinball. Not sure what, if anything, will replace it. That game had a good run. Must have played 1000 games on it over the last 4 or 5 years.

You need to get a pin!

1 week later
    #491 5 years ago

University Pinball update:

Spoke with some staff, TWD is for sale for 4k. I put some games on it today and think that's a good price for it. Currently has a couple lights out but aside from that is playing well. Worth checking out if you are looking to buy.

They also said that the current plan is to get a Munsters and either AFM or MB. I put my vote in for MB.

#492 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

University Pinball update:
    Spoke with some staff, TWD is for sale for 4k. I put some games on it today and think that's a good price for it. Currently has a couple lights out but aside from that is playing well. Worth checking out if you are looking to buy.
    They also said that the current plan is to get a Munsters and either AFM or MB. I put my vote in for MB.

Played a bit of TWD late last night. They must have waxed it and leveled it because it was playing FAST! Not floaty at all. I forgot this game actually has some speed to it. Will definitely miss it if/once sold, but would happy to have a Munsters or MB on location near me.

#493 5 years ago

Ill be staying in mt laurel NJ for a week starting the 23rd. I’ll be free everyday after about 4. What would be the best places to hit up?

#494 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Ill be staying in mt laurel NJ for a week starting the 23rd. I’ll be free everyday after about 4. What would be the best places to hit up?

There are a couple places closer to Mt Laurel instead of going over the bridge into Philly that are decent. The Berlin Farmers Market has a few pins but the newer ones are $1 game (GOT, Ghostbusters) They are only open Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun)
    There’s one of those ax-throwing places with a couple pins a few towns over from Mt Laurel (I just found out about this place, they have a Monster Bash)
    Also if you have the time and feel like taking a dreive that would be well worth it, hop on 73 south to the AC Expressway and check out Starcade, 20+ pins for $15 all you can play.

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

If EM's are your thing, I highly suggest taking an hour drive into Delaware to the Red Lion Inn "dive bar". They have 14, 4-player EM's that are all in fantastic shape. All are .25 to play.

Big Indian (Gottlieb, 1974)
    Cleopatra (Gottlieb, 1977)
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Gottlieb, 1978)
    Dragon (Gottlieb, 1978)
    Fast Draw (Gottlieb, 1975)
    Hot Shot (Gottlieb, 1973)
    Jack in the Box (Gottlieb, 1973)
    Joker Poker (Gottlieb, 1978)
    Joust (Williams, 1983)
    Sheriff (Gottlieb, 1971)
    Sinbad (Gottlieb, 1978)
    Surf Champ (Gottlieb, 1976)
    Target Alpha (Gottlieb, 1976)
    Vulcan (Gottlieb, 1977)

If you are looking for someone to play some pinball with and you are still in town on the 28th, let me know and I can meet up with you somewhere after 5pm.

#496 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

orangegsx Barcade in Philly is about 30 min away and has 6 pins, we have league there on mondays at 730

#497 5 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

orangegsx Barcade in Philly is about 30 min away and has 6 pins, we have league there on mondays at 730

Might have to check that out. I wish we had leauges around here, or even a location to play pinball haha.

We’ll see how driving is there. I’m from the middle of no where and I’ll be driving alone, usually have a navigator with me at least.

#498 5 years ago

Bit of a drive, but silverball museum in Asbury Park, NJ cannot be beat. www.silverballmuseum.com/

2 weeks later
    #499 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips. Went to leauge at barcade. Got second in my group and put up high score #2 on dr. Dude.. fun stuff.. wish I lived here haha!

16FA3F38-99F3-4FFB-9B67-305841DC815F (resized).png16FA3F38-99F3-4FFB-9B67-305841DC815F (resized).png
    #500 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Bit of a drive, but silverball museum in Asbury Park, NJ cannot be beat. www.silverballmuseum.com/

That was awesome! Thanks!

Tonight will be my last night to run around. Was thinking about the pinball gallery but starcade is open until 10. Im off at five and both are about an hour. Anything closer worth a stop maybe? Or are these the best two options?

There are 964 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.