Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mettle64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've really been enjoying my Total Nuclear Annihilation and Taxi for three reasons:

A repeatable goal that's attainable, but challenging, and requires a variety of shots
Satisfying feedback from the machine when that goal is reached
Great Music!

I haven't had an opportunity to play many pre-DMD games, but there must be quite a few that hit these three marks. Can anyone recommend similar machines that I should keep an eye out for?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Bride of Pinbot and Jackbot is kinda like that? Check it out

Jack*bot is on my list based on my experience with the digital version, just need to find one to spend some time on. I'll have to look into Bride as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

#10 4 years ago

It sounds like I need to go play as many System 11s as I can find! Whirlwind may be the top of my list. I like Lawlor's layouts a lot and it strikes me as a much faster and more intense game than something like Funhouse.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Just bought a Sorcerer and am really digging how easy it is to figure out, but how hard it is to really stack it all up and put it together.

The art and sound effects on Sorcerer really hit me the right way. I'll put that on the list!

#29 4 years ago

Not picky about era!

I've put time on a T2 and didn't love the gimmick of managing the cannon during multiball.

I really want to be incentivized to make a variety of shots around the playfield as well.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

He mentions great music, and you guys are talking System 11, and nobody mentioned Black Knight 2000 yet?
A hidden gem in there for him would also be Genesis. Great 80's synth sound, easy to follow rules, but still challenging to get all the way through to fully exposing the robot. Get some new ramps on there, and an alternate backglass, and the game really comes a LONG way.
-Hans

Thanks! I've liked a couple of Gottliebs from that era. I'll try to find a Genesis to put some time on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mettle64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-like-tna-and-taxi?tu=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.