Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bhwolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

This is one of those questions of which I think I know the answer. Gonna throw it out there anyway.

I would love to put a couple of my machines in a larger shed, but I'm concerned about the extreme weather where it's located. It gets pretty cold during the winter months and for about a month in the summer, the temps soar to over 100 degrees. I'm concerned about rust, etc and if it would adversely affect either an EM or any pin.

Thanks in advance...

#6 8 years ago

Thanks everyone.... I should have mentioned I wanted to set them up to play in my shed. It's on the coast of Oregon and in the "banana belt" where it gets hot sometimes. No ventilation in the shed. Was gonna set up my WOF and an EM or two.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have only been up here for about 20 months now, but never heard of the banana belt in Oregon.
    It can get into the 90s for a couple of weeks here in Salem;
    more so south of Eugene, last two summers supposedly were the hottest in a while.
    This last Dec was the wettest ever.
    Being that your plan for storage is on/near the coast; highly recommend a blanket or pinball cover.
    What part of the Oregon coast you talking,
    Seaside/Tillamok or Lincoln City/Newport or Coos Bay or Brookings?

Brookings-Harbor.... Last summer was a scorcher. Several days over 100.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Heck that is barely over the stateline.
    Beautiful country none the less.

Yeah....about 8 miles north of the border. We love the area.

I always wanted to check out Salem. Looks like a nice area.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Every time I see one of these post I think about the arcades at the Jersey Shore years ago. Those machines were right next to the ocean in salt air all summer then stored in the same unheated damp arcade all winter and most survived.
    With that said I have never bought a machine out of NJ that was in super nice shape likely because most came from the Jersey Shore at some point.
    Not climate controlled is basically hit & miss. In my eyes nice machines should stay in climate controlled environment if possible but "players quality" machines I really don't think it will matter all that much.

This is what I was thinking; thanks. I have a couple of "players quality" pins (I'm thinking "Card Whiz" and "Mibs" and maybe WOF).

#32 8 years ago

Wow....all great suggestions. Thanks everyone!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-in-a-shed?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.