Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by centerflank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I figure I'd try. I'd really like a LOTR pinball machine. I figure I'd throw this out there.

I'm willing to trade my RFM. The cabinet is in routed shape, but solid. Playfield decent. Full of LED's. It has a Nucore, and a LCD monitor (not mounted down solid yet). I have a great condition TFTC. It is full of LCD's, a factory Topper, and a couple others. Mirror blades.

I would be willing to part with both games, for a decent LOTR. PM for pics, if your interested. I'm located in Duluth, MN, and willing to drive, for the right deal.

Really not looking to sell, but like anything, if the price is right, they could be.

#2 6 years ago

I have a really nice SOF and would like an RFM. Not sure I could kick in enough cash to make you happy.

#3 6 years ago

You are giving up too much if you are just looking for decent LOTR.

I'd say an upgrade RFM with Nucore and LCD should def get you a players LOTR. Nucore plus LCD is a cool grand in upgrades that are worth every penny of what they originally cost. Clean players RFM =2300 plus 1k in upgrades = 3300

Players LOTR can be found retail for 3500 so should be easy to make something work without also giving away your nice TFTC.

May do better just selling outright?

Good luck!

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the input Whysnow. I would throw in cash with the RFM for a player's LOTR.

#5 6 years ago

RFM with Nucore all set up and running in a Nice RFM is easily work 3.5k+

#6 6 years ago

I basically agree with Whysnow, but think RFM (nice player's game) = $2800-3000, with $1k in upgrades $3800-4000
Player's LOTR I would put around $4000, maybe a bit less, though most I see are nicer than player's games around $4500.

#7 6 years ago

The cabinet is in great shape, it just needs new decals. I do like RFM a lot, just want a LOTR. No interest? I have a playersT2 that could be some part of a deal.

#8 6 years ago

Money talks. Just sell off some games and buy LOTR. IME it usually the easiest thing to do.

#9 6 years ago

I Was offered a Flintstones for my TFTC. It is in the same condition. I've never played one. Any comments on this? I'm guessing TFTC would be an easier sell than Flintstones.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I Was offered a Flintstones for my TFTC. It is in the same condition. I've never played one. Any comments on this? I'm guessing TFTC would be an easier sell than Flintstones.

Eh... could go either way. TFTC is the more popular theme, but a Bally/Williams is generally an easier sale than a Data East/Sega. I haven't played either in ages. Sounds like you really want a LOTR, so I'd just try to sell TFTC outright; seems like a logistical nightmare to swap pins only to sell what you're swapping for.

#11 6 years ago

I remember when you got that TFTC when I was searching for mine forever. Still debating about my second which I am leaning towards TZ or another 2 flipper great combo ramped pin from the 90's.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Sounds like you really want a LOTR, so I'd just try to sell TFTC outright; seems like a logistical nightmare to swap pins only to sell what you're swapping for.

Thanks, very sound advice. I am open to other offers, as there are other games I'd like to have. I think I'll pass on the Flintstones.

#13 6 years ago

Did someone say bump?

#14 6 years ago

Totally go with the Flinstones.... its a great playing game with some cool shots. Also has the smart ramps and a mini-bowling game. Although its based on the movie, I do like the artwork and the playfield is well done with the Bedrock buildings and the dino ramp. Throw in a mix-master and some fun game modes and you've got a great game

#15 6 years ago

Thanks, very sound advice. I am open to other offers, as there are other games I'd like to have. I think I'll pass on the Flintstones.

No worries! No pinball has ever ended up in better shape after being moved around.

#16 6 years ago

Bump, anyone in a trading mood? Here's a link to some pics of TFTC, RFM, and T2. I'm up for some driving, for the right deal.

#17 6 years ago

Looks like your link is missing. I might be interested in the t2. How much? You can pm me.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Looks like your link is missing. I might be interested in the t2. How much? You can pm me.

I forgot to post it!

Here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/106096385@N04/

#19 6 years ago

The RFM cabinet is in great shape, just had a bad touch up job. New decals, and the cabinet would be awesome.

T2 cab is decent. Could use a new playfield.

TFTC is in nice shape. The cab is decent (very little to no fade),but has a couple small holes in the right side. Don't know how they got there. Looks like a previous owner mounted something to the side at one time. Play field is in great shape.

PM with any questions. I do have misc spare parts for each machine, including a spare new sheet of P2K glass, and 2 gun cams for T2.

#20 6 years ago

Bump for a good guy - very detailed pictures!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Players LOTR can be found retail for 3500

I want one of those.

#24 6 years ago

Interested in a RFM. I have Slugfest, a nice Shrek, a players Pinbot and an outstanding SOF and some cash. Anything interest you?

#25 6 years ago

I really like SOF, but not as much as RFM.

#26 6 years ago

Sorry, I took one of your latest posts as meaning you would look at others besides LOTR. Good luck with your search.

#27 6 years ago

I would trade for others. I'm thinking about your offer. I really like RFM a lot, so it's going to have to be a machine I really want to pry it from my hands. It won't take as much to get TFTC or T2.

#28 6 years ago

You should pull a HUO LOTR with those 2

#30 6 years ago

Bump to a great guy!

#31 6 years ago

I would trade for others. I'm thinking about your offer. I really like RFM a lot, so it's going to have to be a machine I really want to pry it from my hands. It won't take as much to get TFTC or T2.

I already owned that T2 and the only use I have for TFTC is I know someone that would trade a game I want for it.

2 weeks later
#32 6 years ago

Still up for trade or sale.

RFM $3000 OBO

TFTC $2100 OBO

T2 $1400 OBO

#33 6 years ago

Machines are sold, pending pickup this weekend.

Now begins my hunt for a LOTR!

#34 6 years ago

Grats!

LOTR's is a fun pin... good luck with your search.

#35 6 years ago

Now begins my hunt for a LOTR!

Whysnow has one FS 6500 I think he wanted.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside